Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)
26 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

It would be a huge continuity fail if they're picking up from the finale, though. Which seems it might be the case.

I should have been more specific in my comments. I was piggy backing off @ILoveReading 's comments about Baby being dirty as being an indicator of Dean's frame of mind post Cas death, which lead to my series of questions in my other post ending with speculation that Baby being dirty indicated a possible time jump and IF they were doing a time jump then Dean COULD have a beard, which would not be a continuity fail.  Obviously, if they are picking up where they left off then yes, it would be a continuity fail. Hope that clears it up.

ETA: I was also thinking in more general terms overall for the show, as to them having changes in their looks.

Edited by catrox14
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I should have been more specific in my comments. I was piggy backing off @ILoveReading 's comments about Baby being dirty as being an indicator of Dean's frame of mind post Cas death, which lead to my series of questions in my other post ending with speculation that Baby being dirty indicated a possible time jump and IF they were doing a time jump then Dean COULD have a beard, which would not be a continuity fail.  Obviously, if they are picking up where they left off then yes, it would be a continuity fail. Hope that clears it up.

They washed the car.

(edited)

TV Guide as usual has special covers for SDCC( the cover just came out online) and as usual one of them has Supernatural(Jensen and Jared) on the cover.  The front page tells us they are doing the usual for this issue--give us some of the first clues/hints on the upcoming season.  I think it comes out end of this week or so--then we'll get our first official clues on general direction of the new season and what the hell is up with Cas.  Can't wait!

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jakes said:

TV Guide as usual has special covers for SDCC( the cover just came out online) and as usual one of them has Supernatural(Jensen and Jared) on the cover.  The front page tells us they are doing the usual for this issue--give us some of the first clues/hints on the upcoming season.  I think it comes out end of this week or so--then we'll get our first official clues on general direction of the new season and what the hell is up with Cas.  Can't wait!

Can you link us?

11 minutes ago, Diane said:

They washed the car.

Ahh. Thanks! We were cross posting. I didn't see your post. My bad.

So it was Baby1 and someone let her get that dirty? What the heck!?  I mean they drive her to locations in a special truck, so why was she dirty at all? I need answers, people. This is an outrage (not really).  I don't need answers LOL

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Can you link us?

Ahh. Thanks! We were cross posting. I didn't see your post. My bad.

So it was Baby1 and someone let her get that dirty? What the heck!?  I mean they drive her to locations in a special truck, so why was she dirty at all? I need answers, people. This is an outrage (not really).  I don't need answers LOL

I posted the cover in the media thread.

No worries!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Can you link us?

Unfortunately I'm tech illiterate--but it's on the tree topper spoiler site.  By the way anyone who wants to pm how to link from site to site--I'd appreciate it!  About time I learned that!

(edited)

The news of Misha no longer running GISHWHES and the boys appearing on Conan has me speculating. 

IMO the news that Misha no longer intends to run GISHWHES suggests he may be more busy in future,  and therefore he will no longer have the time for as many side projects. Since it's pretty clear the show will never promote him (or anyone outside of J2)  to full time status. It has me wondering has Misha perhaps managed to land himself a lead  or main cast role on another show? Hence needing to cut back on stuff like GISHWHES. 

Then there's the boys appearing on a chat show for the first time in how long? Perhaps Misha has indeed found himself another role because a end date for SN is about to be announced.

Edited by Wayward Son
6 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The news of Misha no longer running GISHWHES and the boys appearing on Conan has me speculating. 

IMO the news that Misha no longer intends to run GISHWHES suggests he may be more busy in future,  and therefore he will no longer have the time for as many side projects. Since it's pretty clear the show will never promote him (or anyone outside of J2)  to full time status. It has me wondering has Misha perhaps managed to land himself a lead  or main cast role on another show? Hence needing to cut back on stuff like GISHWHES. 

Then there's the boys appearing on a chat show for the first time in how long? Perhaps Misha has indeed found himself another role because a end date for SN is about to be announced.

The only thing is if they were really going to announce an end date, Conan was the best that they could get? I mean really!!!

Just now, Diane said:

The only thing is if they were really going to announce an end date, Conan was the best that they could get? I mean really!!!

I don't think they would announce the end date on Conan. But maybe it's more like the first step to breaking the news to fans. They might go on and be cagey and then at the panel on Sunday which is after Conan airs, they might announce.  I dunno. They probably have a whole strategy planned on if this really is the end how they need to break our hearts a little a time.

2 hours ago, Jakes said:

Unfortunately I'm tech illiterate--but it's on the tree topper spoiler site.  By the way anyone who wants to pm how to link from site to site--I'd appreciate it!  About time I learned that!

This tells you how to embed stuff:

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I don't think they would announce the end date on Conan. But maybe it's more like the first step to breaking the news to fans. They might go on and be cagey and then at the panel on Sunday which is after Conan airs, they might announce.  I dunno. They probably have a whole strategy planned on if this really is the end how they need to break our hearts a little a time.

I think it's just a matter of their being asked this year.  From that Conan blurb, they've done the show from ComicCon for the past few years.  Since I doubt they want to have the same casts on every year, they probably just got around to SPN.  I'm not going to read anything sinister or negative into it, at least not until I have to.  I don't think they'd start the season out by talking about the end of the show.  If they only do a partial season next year to end at 300, then they might publicize it that way, but I don't think they will this year.

• Love 3

17 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I think it's just a matter of their being asked this year.  From that Conan blurb, they've done the show from ComicCon for the past few years.  Since I doubt they want to have the same casts on every year, they probably just got around to SPN.  I'm not going to read anything sinister or negative into it, at least not until I have to.  I don't think they'd start the season out by talking about the end of the show.  If they only do a partial season next year to end at 300, then they might publicize it that way, but I don't think they will this year.

They've been bringing up the end of the show at cons themselves so I think they are planting the idea that the end is coming soon, but I've not said it will be the end this season. I don't think they will go past 300 episodes. 

21 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

They've been bringing up the end of the show at cons themselves so I think they are planting the idea that the end is coming soon, but I've not said it will be the end this season. I don't think they will go past 300 episodes. 

I doubt they will, either.  I'm not sure they've been bringing it up themselves so much as just not giving vague answers to questions anymore.  When asked, they now indicate there will be an end, sooner rather than later.  Less than a year ago, they weren't doing that.  They were still joking about going on indefinitely.  I'm sure they've talked about it and have a plan.  But plans can change.  If the show remains popular, they might be convinced to stick around a bit longer, or maybe they'll convince someone to try the shorter season route.  Obviously, I'm doing whatever I can to not accept the inevitable.

They've got to start getting their faces out there... Although I don't know if Conan is the best way to go?  He used to be clever, but haven't watched him in ages. Should be funny tho. The boys interview well.

Maybe they will make  Ellen before the end?  

19 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The Tape Ball is back. 

Does anyone remember what color Misha is.

Misha usually uses the colour yellow I think! However, unlike J2 the colour he uses is not exclusive to him! For instance Samantha Smith / Mary used it last season while filming There's Something About Mary. So unfortunately it cant be used as an indicator for a Misha appearance. If that's why you were asking :) 

5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Misha usually uses the colour yellow I think! However, unlike J2 the colour he uses is not exclusive to him! For instance Samantha Smith / Mary used it last season while filming There's Something About Mary. So unfortunately it cant be used as an indicator for a Misha appearance. If that's why you were asking :) 

Yes, that was why I was asking.  But looking at the picture again, I noticed the small ball in Jared's hand.  So I think the big one is last years 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

The Tape Ball is back. 

Does anyone remember what color Misha is.

It appears Misha's is yellow.

• Blue = Jensen
  • Red = Jared
  • Yellow = Misha
  • Orangey Red = Mark Sheppard
  • Pink = Ruth

Here's a link back to the earlier discussion and @catrox14's sluething. I think it was determined that green marks are shuffled around and if Misha isn't in an episode, yellow can be too:

• Love 4
(edited)

Or, it could be his "fighting congress" doesn't mean he's physically fighting congress. Could be a campaign kickoff or an announcement or something like that which would allow him to be filming at the same time.

Edited by DittyDotDot
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Or they already filmed whatever happens with Cas at the end of s13.  Or Misha has already filmed this and he's keeping it on the DL.

S12 :)  They did say they'd filmed something for S13 already during the finale, so that seems likely to me. Sam Smith tweeted 'back on a plane but I won't say where to' -- which is kind of moot since she already said she cancelled ChiCon due to filming. No, she didn't say filming Supernatural, but I am sure if it was new/other work, she'd have been talking about it already.

(edited)

Well I read the TV Guide Comic Con article on SPN at the book store--must of come out today...i'll give the highlights from memory:

--Big interview with Mark Pellegrino talking about how he's going to on show lot more

--Dabb won't say if Cas is back or not...same with Crowley and Rowena.  Says won't say and hints if they come back it won't be right away

--They say Jack is not evil--more of a blank slate, will be a battle over him

--Dabb says one season 13 theme is Sam and Dean as parents to the Dangerous Jack

--Pellegrino says Lucifer thinks Jack has the potential of infinite power like Chuck and Amara and is highly motivated to get him on his side

--The boys thinking of powering Jack down but hesitate because he's the key to bring back Mary from AU

--Dabb says will explore AU a lot and old characters might be seen again

--Dabb specifies AU Michael who he says could more evil than this world Michael

So those are things I remember from the top of my head.  Disappointing he's playing it cute with what's up with Cas and that he might not be back right away.  ONE TELLING THING--they have a show contact list(as do the other shows they review in this edition)...which includes Jenson, Jared, Misha and Mark P...I take despite Dabb's secrecy on Cas that these will be the 4 regulars for season 13.  PLUS from Dabb's answer I think we may get an AU Cas right away to give Misha something to do but they will slow play bringing back real Cas while they have the boys play Dad to Jack.

PS--so for those hoping no more Lucifer...looks like Mark P. will be a big part of the show.

Edited by Jakes
(edited)

Pretty much what i predicted would happen.

I really don't get Dabb's fascination with Lucifer. 

The only person I want to see playing Michael is Jensen. 

I hope its not Sam and Dean playing father the same way it was "the Winchesters" being generals.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
(edited)

--Dabb says one season 13 theme is Sam and Dean as parents to the Dangerous Jack.

So the brothers are getting to steal Castiel's storyline! Great just fecking great! 

Sorry Jakes I'm not shooting the messenger! Just annoyed at Dabb and Co

Edited by Wayward Son
1 minute ago, Wayward Son said:

So the brothers are getting to steal Castiel's storyline! Great just fecking great! 

Sorry Jakes I'm not shooting the messenger! Just annoyed at Dabb and Co

I agree with you--that was perfect for Cas.  MAYBE that will eventually happen.

2 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Thanks for posting the spoilers Jakes. 

I'm annoyed that we finally get to see Michael but he's AU, so he probably won't have the connection to Dean.

He won't have the history, but this Michael could jump eagerly at the news there is finally a vessel powerful enough to contain an angel as powerful as him indefinitely! 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Thanks for posting the spoilers Jakes. 

I'm annoyed that we finally get to see Michael but he's AU, so he probably won't have the connection to Dean.

You're welcome--don't even know if Michael crosses over or not(he may!)...Pellegrino says over in the AU universe there are very few humans and the only thing in the way of Lucifer over there is the ANGELS.

Edited by Jakes
(edited)

Welp. I have little interest in s13 which makes me fucking sad.  I have ZERO interest in watching Sam and Dean try to raise Sproutifer.  Seriously. NONE.  No thanks. I'd rather Sproutifer be evil and they have to fight him.

DO NOT CARE. DO NOT WANT.

Sounds like Cas is really most sincerely dead or the boys are going to treat him as such. How much you wanna bet they give Cas a hunter's funeral and then Dabb plays some long stupid game like s7 and Cas shows up later, which is just screwing over Cas fans by messing with our hearts. 

Lucifer must get out of the AU unless they are going all in on the AU and all the time is spent in the AU which no thanks unless we get Alt Dean alive in the AU.

JFC, I am so fucking sick of Lucifer I can't even stand it. I hate that character and not in a love to hate way. I hate him. His presence is starting to ruin the show for me.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4
(edited)

By the way it looks like what Misha is doing with A. Milano is asking for online contacts to influence Congress--they posted a site for it.  So Misha isn't going to DC or anything like that.

PS--The tree topper site just posted a tweet by someone who ran into Misha Collins in VANCOUVER today.  So I guess that is a good sign for CAS IN THE PREMIERE.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1

It's like Dabb is actively trying to kill interest in the show. Since I have zero faith in the braintrust of Dabb & Co. to let Jensen anywhere near the Michael character, there isn't one thing about that blurb that incites me to watch. Nothing.

• Love 4
(edited)

I assumed it was the case based on his credit upgrade from Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell onbut it seems like it has been pretty much confirmed Mark P will be in 11-13 episodes this season like Misha and Mark S had been in recent years. 

Edited by Wayward Son
(edited)

I'm not interested in Sam teaching Dean how to be a good parent, probably correcting all the 'mistakes' Dean made (Oh Dean, you're so selfish, you have to let him be who he is meant to beeeeee....) Dabb sucks out loud as a showrunner, with his obvious pet characters (and actors), but Michael is my line in the sand. The moment anyone other than Jensen is given the that story line, with the possible exception of Matt Cohen if they must, briefly, I'm done.

ETA: As @catrox14 pointed out to me, they could have Dean somehow teaming up with Michael to take down Luci - and I could deal with that. But if Dean isn't front and center in that story line, I'm out.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

What is Dabb's fascination with Lucifer?  I don't get it?  

I think Dabb is in love  Mark Pellegrino more than Lucifer. If it was about Lucifer they could have recast him permanently when they had the chance.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

He won't have the history, but this Michael could jump eagerly at the news there is finally a vessel powerful enough to contain an angel as powerful as him indefinitely! 

Twice now they've referred to Michael as the younger brother, (and not in the AU), Sam was the one to use the Michael Lance and Dean's history with Michael wasn't mentioned at all, and ignored completely since Lucifer was brought back.

I really don't hold out any hope that Michael will be drawn to Dean.  I'd say he'll be interested in Sam.  (I don't mean this is a jerk/bitch way) just speculating based on the way all the Michael references have gone.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4

In the spirit of AU just think in an AU of our world Mark Pellegrino could have been cast as Castiel and Misha could have been the original Lucifer. 

((For anyone who doesn't know Mark Pellegrino and Misha both auditioned for Castiel. Misha got the part, but they liked Mark so much they invited him back to play Lucifer the following year)) 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jakes said:

Well I read the TV Guide Comic Con article on SPN at the book store--must of come out today...i'll give the highlights from memory:

--Big interview with Mark Pellegrino talking about how he's going to on show lot more

--Dabb won't say if Cas is back or not...same with Crowley and Rowena.  Says won't say and hints if they come back it won't be right away

--Dabb says one season 13 theme is Sam and Dean as parents to the Dangerous Jack

--Pellegrino says Lucifer thinks Jack has the potential of infinite power like Chuck and Amara and is highly motivated to get him on his side

--The boys thinking of powering Jack down but hesitate because he's the key to bring back Mary from AU

So those are things I remember from the top of my head.  Disappointing he's playing it cute with what's up with Cas and that he might not be back right away.  ONE TELLING THING--they have a show contact list(as do the other shows they review in this edition)...which includes Jenson, Jared, Misha and Mark P...I take despite Dabb's secrecy on Cas that these will be the 4 regulars for season 13.  PLUS from Dabb's answer I think we may get an AU Cas right away to give Misha something to do but they will slow play bringing back real Cas while they have the boys play Dad to Jack.

PS--so for those hoping no more Lucifer...looks like Mark P. will be a big part of the show.

Thanks for dragging me kicking and screaming out of De Nile! Seriously, it's lovely there. The sun always shines, but it's never too hot. And the wildlife and foliage is breathtaking. Alright, back to reality, then. Sigh. ;)

• Not particularly excited about more Lucifer, but hey, whatcha gonna do? 
  • I'm not taking Dabb's no-comment on Cass at face value, I think he's being coy. Probably means Cass is stuck in the alternate universe--so not coming back soon--and that was alternate Cass who was stabbed by the Devil. But, hey, gotta give it to Dabb for sticking to his story, I guess?
  • I was hoping Jack wouldn't be just basic evil, to me that's the most cliche and least interesting way to go. He may still be evil later, but it's nice that he didn't come out that way just because he's the Devil's spawn.
  • Not sure how I feel about the parenting thing.
  • Not terribly excited about the AU stuff--it just doesn't feel like our show--but, hey, maybe they'll surprise me and I'll love it? Not sure they needed to make Micheal MORE evil in the alternate, I'm of the belief he was evil enough in the regular universe.

So, all-in-all nothing to write home about, but something to maybe think about?

18 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

What is Dabb's fascination with Lucifer?  I don't get it?  

I think Dabb is fascinated with Pellegrino, myself. I don't really see that he's developed Lucifer much or done anything with him, but certainly has made it so Pellegrino remains on the show regardless.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Twice now they've referred to Michael as the younger brother, (and not in the AU), Sam was the one to use the Michael Lance and Dean's history with Michael wasn't mentioned at all, and ignored completely since Lucifer was brought back.

I really don't hold out any hope that Michael will be drawn to Dean.  I'd say he'll be interested in Sam.  (I don't mean this is a jerk/bitch way) just speculating based on the way all the Michael references have gone.

This is something that I'll never understand with the Michael SL.  Why are they re-writing that history? It's happened what three times so it can't be a mistake. It just can't be. I was rewatching Abandon All Hope and Lucifer specifically stated he was the younger brother and there was no sense it wasn't the truth. In Song Remains the Same, Michael talks about being the older brother and loving Lucifer but having to follow his father's orders. I don't understand the rationale for altering that history.

And bringing and AU Michael back certainly opens up that can of worms all over again.

ETA: I'm trying to figure out how they can afford the CGI for AU heavy episodes for an extended period of time. 

Edited by catrox14
6 hours ago, Jakes said:

I wonder if Rowena is even really dead. Sure she was shown burnt to nothing. But if they really wanted her really dead, why not show it on-screen. Unless Rowena from the AU plays a big role, and same goes for Crowley's AU version.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get to see Ellen, Jo, Ash, Charlie or Au version's of Rowena and Crowley again. 

No doubt Bobby will be saving Mary in the AU for Lucifer in episode 1. Mary must of heard of Bobby before given what we saw in season 12, but she never crossed paths with him before she quit hunting. She may have crossed paths using an alias name with Rufus or even Ellen's husband before he died when she was younger maybe. 

4 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

I assumed it was the case based on his credit upgrade from Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell onbut it seems like it has been pretty much confirmed Mark P will be in 11-13 episodes this season like Misha and Mark S had been in recent years. 

Yeah Mark P will definitely be in at least 11-13 episodes. Wondering if he was always going to become like Crowley's replacement, and they knew Crowley was going to die and Mark S was leaving the show months in advance. 

Jack's story -- nature vs nurture, as predicted

If Mark P was promoted to regular then why not put it out like they did for Sheppard?  I'm still thinking he's gone by mid-season.

Well, if I get a chance to ask a question at Comic Con, I may have to start it off with:

"Mr Dabb, since we already know Crowley, as played by Mark Sheppard, isn't coming back anytime soon, will there be any time for the boys to at acknowledge his passing and his efforts in helping them in the finale?" -- with a bitter Crowley-girl voice.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, SueB said:

Jack's story -- nature vs nurture, as predicted

If Mark P was promoted to regular then why not put it out like they did for Sheppard?  I'm still thinking he's gone by mid-season.

Well, if I get a chance to ask a question at Comic Con, I may have to start it off with:

"Mr Dabb, since we already know Crowley, as played by Mark Sheppard, isn't coming back anytime soon, will there be any time for the boys to at acknowledge his passing and his efforts in helping them in the finale?" -- with a bitter Crowley-girl voice.

I dearly hope you get the chance to ask this.

• Love 1