Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

(edited)

He's so proud of that car.

56r9ECH.jpg

So this updates my list to be as follows:

23 Mar: EP 16 - "Safe House" - This has the Bobby/Rufus storyline - Stefan Pleszczynski director- Robbie Thompson  - filming started 14 Jan. Jared implied this was a VERY SCARY episode.

30 Mar:  EP "18" now back to "17"- "Red Meat " - Nina Lopez-Cervado director - writerBerens/Dabb -  - airs tbd - filming started Jan 26th  (filmed BEFORE EP 17)

-- no airdate, but I'm guessing EP17 is likely April 6th with the final 4 episodes before the finale (Apr 27, May4, May 11, May 18).  Mostly because 17 seems Mytharc and they typically show at least 5 episode in a string at the end.

Airdate unknown: EP 17 now back to "18" - "TBA" - Phil Sgriccia director - writes Buckner-Lemming- THIS MUST HAVE AMARA IN IT (based on Jensen's comment) - filming started 5 Feb (filmed AFTER EP 18) also note, this coincides with when 'lonely Jensen' was trolling us from a set hospital bed while Jared was drinking in Austin

Airdate unknown EP 19 - "TBA"- Eduardo Sanchez (Blair Witch director) - airs tbd - filming started Feb 18th. I also think this will be a very scary episode.

Airdate unknown EP 20 - "TBA" - unknown - this is the one with Rob Benedict (aka Chuck and/or God depending on your POV) - filming now

May 11th (likely): EP 21 -

May 18th (likely): EP 22 -

May 25th: EP 23 -

Which makes

MOTW likely: 15, 16, was "18" now "17", 19

Mytharc likely: was "17" now "18", 20

Just a guess.

Primary data sources on twitter (Jim Michaels, filming dates & directors), Jensen (pic in hospital bed), Jim Beaver for when he was filming,

other sources: Spoiler tv for a couple of the titles, and random articles about Bobby/Rufus and Rob Benedict

ETA: And Ruth Connell was in New Zealand for quite sometime before coming back for VegasCon.  I don't see Rowena making a comeback this year IMO. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

http://www.inquisitr.com/2891713/should-supernatural-reveal-god-fans-say-no/

And the debate rages on.

From the article, which is oddly written, so take with a grain of salt but I thought this was interesting. I can't decide if it's want Rob said or not. Anyway food for thought.

While fans think God will appear in Episode 20, there is no guarantee that Chuck is God. He reportedly said that he viewed his character as God, but he said that from the view that Supernatural‘s creator Kripke put himself in the story. Chuck was Kripke, the creator of the series and therefore God of the series. He never said that he was definitely the character God.

I think that's more an opinion piece.  The only link in the article is to another article that supports the "God isn't needed" opinion.  No links to what Rob "reportedly" said, even though I linked to a Con video earlier in this thread in which he says that more than one person (including Kripke) asked him how it felt to play God.

*shrug*  If he's not God, then I hope they come up with a good story for where Chuck has been.

Kripke asking Rob how it felt to play God could just be an ongoing joke between Rob and Kripke, so I have never taken that as a confirmation that Chuck is God.  YMMV

I think the show will be making a mistake to personify God at all. I similarly think it's a mistake to personify God's sister with Amara.  Of course, I still am not 100% convinced that the Darkness/Amara IS in fact God's sister since Metatron was the only person who actually made that claim. Cas took it as fact which I was always thinking 'Really Cas? You just accepted Metatron's word on that?" 

As Hannah reminded us 'Metatron lies" and he admitted he lied in s10 about knowing anything about the source of the Mark. so the question should be was Metatron lying then or now? Or about everything or about nothing? What pieces does he lie about?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she's  ever confirmed she's God's sister.  Death only ever said that God and the Archangels locked the Darkness away but he never said the Darkness was God's sister and I would think Death would have known that and would have been inclined to say so given everything else he said. 

It seems like everyone is operating off Metatron's word which seems like a really bad idea. There have been a lot of assumptions about the nature of Amara but none that have been proven 100% (such is the nature of religion I suppose). 

METATRON :The truth -- ha -- it'd make the Bible thumper heads explode.

I mean, they want their God to be a-a f-finger-snapping, all-powerful creator, you know...

And they want magic... Mary Poppins.

(Castiel looks at Metatron, as if trying to understand)

METATRON:But what he did -- creation... that took work.  Took sacrifice. In order to create the world, God had to give up the only thing he'd ever known.  He had to betray and sacrifice his only kin. The Darkness...His sister.

I just feel like Metatron has to be come up in this at some point.

I have a little theory that I've been noodling on that Amara is Metatron's creation or his sister and not God's at all. 

Now, granted Cas was beating the crap out of Metatron, but I always though his emotions as he related the story to Cas were too....much.  I mean all his other stories he told with verve but rather matter of fact, other than when he was torturing Cas. But I always thought his level of emotion and almost regret when he said 'he had to betray and sacrifice his only kin."  was kind of rueful.

What does Metatron care if God had to sacrifice anything when Metatron basically decided that God is a shitty deity and Metatron wanted to be God.  Maybe Metatron has ALWAYS wanted to be God so he tried his own hand at creation by "flipping the script" and ended up creating the Darkness.

Now on the other hand, if Amara is the Darkness and is really truly  God's sister, maybe Metatron was in love with Amara and betrayed her to help God.  I dunno. 

I feel like all this focus on Chuck coming back is a misdirect. I mean would they really want a big reveal of Chuck as God to be spoiled by letting us know Rob was returning as Chuck?  Unless of course, it's just a troll to boost ratings by teasing a reveal.

But the person that we've not heard a peep about since he made the claim that the Darkness is God's sister is Metatron. I would think he would be in the episode or in the last 4 or 5 especially since he was/is the Scribe of God. I mean I would think God wants a word with Metatron about his shenanigans with making the angels fall and dicking up Heaven and trying to BE God. 

Just some thinky thoughts.

Edited by catrox14

I mentioned the con vid not to imply that it's confirmation that Chuck is God, but to prove how easy it is to find videos of Rob talking about Chuck/God.  It's bad journalism to quote someone without actually quoting them -- which is why I referred to it as more an "opinion piece".

I would be disappointed if it turns out that Amara is not God's sister.  The idea is silly to me, but that would be pulling the rug out from under us.  

I think that while Amara may not have come right out and said she's God's sister, she has talked about how he locked her away, and how his world view varies from hers.  So if she's really not his sister, that would be surprising, and not in a good way.  I don't like the idea of the big bad being God's sister at all, but now that they've told us that's who she is, it would be ridiculous for them to take it back later on.  

And just no, no, no with Chuck being God.  He was a prophet who didn't even know he was a prophet, and now I'm supposed to buy that he didn't know he was God?  Or that he was just pretending to be an alcoholic author, even when he was by himself?  I'm not buying it.  I'm afraid they're going to go there, but I'm not going to like it.

• Love 1

I'm still not convinced they will come right out and state one way or the other about Chuck being God or not. I actually am expecting it not to really be Chuck so they don't have explain where Chuck has been all this time. This way they can have their pie and eat it too...they get Rob Benedict back for an episode and don't have to commit to anything that would leave someone out in the cold.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3

They do love pulling something out in thin air...so who knows what that will be this season.

IA I hope that Chuck isn't God.  I'm hoping for something that looks planned not something that just happens.  But will wait to see what happens.

It is more their style to figure out a way to bring a character back for one ep, but not necessarily for the long run.  I figure they will give themselves some major wiggle room.  Lucifer may be their key for this.  Time will soon tell.

I'm still not convinced that Chuck will even see Sam and Dean.  Maybe he'll have a chat with Casifer, maybe Amara, maybe Metatron.

As long as we don't get, "When Kevin died and Metatron killed all the prophets, God brought me back."  Can't get much lamer.  TPTB need to do better than that.

• Love 1

Kripke asking Rob how it felt to play God could just be an ongoing joke between Rob and Kripke, so I have never taken that as a confirmation that Chuck is God.  YMMV

I think the show will be making a mistake to personify God at all. I similarly think it's a mistake to personify God's sister with Amara.  Of course, I still am not 100% convinced that the Darkness/Amara IS in fact God's sister since Metatron was the only person who actually made that claim. Cas took it as fact which I was always thinking 'Really Cas? You just accepted Metatron's word on that?" 

As Hannah reminded us 'Metatron lies" and he admitted he lied in s10 about knowing anything about the source of the Mark. so the question should be was Metatron lying then or now? Or about everything or about nothing? What pieces does he lie about?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think she's  ever confirmed she's God's sister.  Death only ever said that God and the Archangels locked the Darkness away but he never said the Darkness was God's sister and I would think Death would have known that and would have been inclined to say so given everything else he said. 

It seems like everyone is operating off Metatron's word which seems like a really bad idea. There have been a lot of assumptions about the nature of Amara but none that have been proven 100% (such is the nature of religion I suppose). 

I just feel like Metatron has to be come up in this at some point.

I have a little theory that I've been noodling on that Amara is Metatron's creation or his sister and not God's at all. 

Now, granted Cas was beating the crap out of Metatron, but I always though his emotions as he related the story to Cas were too....much.  I mean all his other stories he told with verve but rather matter of fact, other than when he was torturing Cas. But I always thought his level of emotion and almost regret when he said 'he had to betray and sacrifice his only kin."  was kind of rueful.

What does Metatron care if God had to sacrifice anything when Metatron basically decided that God is a shitty deity and Metatron wanted to be God.  Maybe Metatron has ALWAYS wanted to be God so he tried his own hand at creation by "flipping the script" and ended up creating the Darkness.

Now on the other hand, if Amara is the Darkness and is really truly  God's sister, maybe Metatron was in love with Amara and betrayed her to help God.  I dunno. 

I feel like all this focus on Chuck coming back is a misdirect. I mean would they really want a big reveal of Chuck as God to be spoiled by letting us know Rob was returning as Chuck?  Unless of course, it's just a troll to boost ratings by teasing a reveal.

But the person that we've not heard a peep about since he made the claim that the Darkness is God's sister is Metatron. I would think he would be in the episode or in the last 4 or 5 especially since he was/is the Scribe of God. I mean I would think God wants a word with Metatron about his shenanigans with making the angels fall and dicking up Heaven and trying to BE God. 

Just some thinky thoughts.

I can certainly understand that Metatron might be lying. But i don't see how he could have created Amara. After all, she is someone that all the Angels including Lucifer are afraid of. Metatron wouldn't have that much power would he?

How did he get to be the Scribe of God? Was that just something anointed by God? Or did he take it?  Did he write himself into the story of the Darkness? 

We know he created a spell to make the angels fall, so who knows. There really is so much we don't know about Metatron. He's  like the angel version of  Crowley. Everything they say and do is always some kind of manipulation to advance their own agendas for whatever reasons.  He may no longer have the power he had before, but before they locked the Darkness away maybe he was more powerful than any other angel.

Well, I remember Marvatron saying he was plucked from the secretarial pool by God...and oh what a feeling that was...blah, blah, blah. And, didn't Naomi say he was just a common little angel until God chose him to be his scribe? 

I didn't realize Marvatron created the spell to make the angels fall. Wasn't that something that was on the angel tablet. That's kinda the problem with Marvatron, he was privy to a lot of information being God's scribe so what he says could be true...if it's not false.

At this point, Marvatron is graceless, so I don't think he's got enough juice to do much of anything.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

At this point, Marvatron is graceless, so I don't think he's got enough juice to do much of anything.

I just remember he said, it was a spell and not part of the trial. 

I'm not saying he has power now. But he does know spell and how to use sigils.  I'm saying that he knows way more than he told Cas about the Darkness. He trades in information. That in and of itself is power because he can manipulate by telling or withholding information and disseminating mis- and disinformation

• Love 1

De-lurking to put in the following from "Devil in the Details"

Amara: My issue is with my brother, not his creation.

Amara is God's sister. Point blank.

#backintosilentrunning....

• Love 3

De-lurking to put in the following from "Devil in the Details"

Amara is God's sister. Point blank.

#backintosilentrunning....

Ah, I didn't remember that at all.  But that's not surprising because I didn't really care for that episode so I'm not surprised I never heard that LOL. 

Ugh, that's a real bummer for me then because I was holding onto it as my last nugget of hope that this whole stupid plot of God's sister was something other than it really being God's sister.  Sigh. 

Edited by catrox14

I think it was at this last con that Jared said that we will get an answer to a major question in episode 20 and the fans will love it, or something along those lines. I'm leaning toward Chuck being God but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Is anyone else hoping that they end this season NOT accidentally destroying the world?

• Love 3

Jensen also said we are going to find out an answer to a question many have been asking for a long time. Assuming the question and answer in 11.20 is about Chuck, I don't think it will be whether or not Chuck is actual!God" but just "Where was Chuck" and is he writing again.

Cas said there can only be one prophet at a time, but that doesn't mean other prophets literally can't exist simultaneously but just only one can be actively "prophesizes". That's shown to be true because Kevin was born in 1996 and was alive when Chuck first started writing the Winchester Gospel circa 2007-ish. Kevin became activated as a prophet when they found the first angel tablet, (which BTW, there should be more out there right?).  IMO God removed Chuck from the role of prophet and sent him somewhere off Earth because his job was done.

If they never address him being in Fan Fiction I can fanwank that his appearance was just more of Marie's version of Chuck's books and it was her ending.

Some possible reasons for Chuck being back.

--Chuck has no memory of writing the Winchester Gospel because  God wiped his memories when he poofed him out of his house at the end of Swan Song. But Chuck's been cruising around Earth just being Chuck and not as a prophet.

--Chuck  knows he was a prophet and he didn't want to leave Earth at the end of Swan Song but God kept him away for...reasons. Chuck is not happy and sees what has happened with the Darkness so he manages to escape to help Dean and Sam.

--God specifically reinstates him as a Prophet of the Lord to help Dean and Sam fight Amara.

--God sends Chuck to be his proxy in a confrontation with Amara and he's killed by Amara as soon as she realizes he's not God.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Cas said there can only be one prophet at a time, but that doesn't mean other prophets literally can't exist simultaneously but just only one can be actively "prophesizes". That's shown to be true because Kevin was born in 1996 and was alive when Chuck first started writing the Winchester Gospel circa 2007-ish. Kevin became activated as a prophet when they found the first angel tablet, (which BTW, there should be more out there right?).  IMO God removed Chuck from the role of prophet and sent him somewhere off Earth because his job was done.

Yes, as I understood it, there are many prophet could-bes in existence, but only one active at a time. However, Crowley killed all the current prophets and Samandriel said the new ones hadn't been born yet. So, there might not be any more now that Marvatron flipped that switch in Heaven to make sure there will be no more prophets.

Point of clarification: Kevin was activated when they opened up the Leviathan tablet not the angel one.

What's interesting to me about prophets is, Kevin could read the word of God, but he wasn't seeing the future like Chuck did. I wonder if there's different classes of prophets? Perhaps Chuck is a special prophet of some sort?

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1

YIKES that looks like when Nick's meatsuit started to disintegrate.

So it looks like they really are just going to repeat the final arc of s5.  I bet Sam will start to think about saying yes. 

Dean, if he's lucky might get to make Sam a sandwich before the final fight with Amara or bring Sam his toy of the week.

Naw, that's road rash, not power eating from within. A fight produced that makeup, IMO -- there are some parallel gashes. What episode are they filming now? The finale?

21 right?  All though Rob was back in Vancouver as of last night, according to the video Jared posted and Jensen's twitter pics.  So maybe still episode 20.

Yes, as I understood it, there are many prophet could-bes in existence, but only one active at a time. However, Crowley killed all the current prophets and Samandriel said the new ones hadn't been born yet. So, there might not be any more now that Marvatron flipped that switch in Heaven to make sure there will be no more prophets.

Point of clarification: Kevin was activated when they opened up the Leviathan tablet not the angel one.

What's interesting to me about prophets is, Kevin could read the word of God, but he wasn't seeing the future like

Oh right on the Leviathan tablets. I never remember that those were ever a thing LOL.

There may have been prophets born after Samandriel's death and now.  Or maybe even born after the Darkness was released. If she is supposed to be so powerful and chaos creating, maybe her existence has changed some other things like the birth of prophets.  Did anyone ever ask Cas or Hannah about prophets again after Kevin died? I really can't remember, but it seems like that just went by the wayside. 

As to Metatron making the angels fall, that was as spell he created. It seemed to me he did not get that information from the angel or demon tablet and was something he figured out on his own. 

They just finished ep 20 so right now they should be filming ep 21.

I`d find it weird if the Jimmy vessel would start to deteriorate. Lustiel was all blasé about killing Sam in the U-Boot episode and didn`t mention this concern even once. Of course, the writers likely forgot about it anyhow. I could easily fanwank it that Castiel being restored by God supposedly so many times made his vessel extra-durable and perfectly suited for any angel.

If those are fight marks, maybe there was a Lustiel/Amara fight. She would easily wipe the floor with him - even he knew he needed something else, a god-powered weapon or something - which is why Castiel saying yes never really made sense. Why would he believe Lucifer`s empty promises about handling a threat with the power level of God? It should come as no surprise that he can`t hold up his end of the bargain, he never could. 

• Love 1

If this that's a picture from today, this could be from 11.20 but they should be on to 11.21 as of today.

jiRcxT8.jpg

CdxdsYUVIAAUEnX.jpg

I dunno. Those pockmarks on Cas' cheeks look pretty similar to the pockmarks on Lucifer's face.  It looks to me like Cas' forehead is splitting from the inside out but that's just me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cas' meatsuit, may not be SUPER EXTRA STRENGTH. Even though God restored it a couple of times, it's still built  from human DNA. I figured at some point it would start to fall apart what with having a fully powered archangel and a mostly powered regular angel co-habitating.

The key will be just how much time passes between Casifer leaving the bunker until the boys catch up with him if any disintegration would begin.  We know at least a week passed because the boys had spent a week doing research 24/7 before they decided to go off to the wrestling match. 

So if another week or two passes then that's nearly a month that he's been Casifer.  How long did it take for Nick's meatsuit to disintegrate? Weeks? Months? I really don't remember.

Edited by catrox14

How long did it take for Nick's meatsuit to disintegrate? Weeks? Months? I really don't remember.

During Season 5? Months, definitely. My guess would be 7-8 months before the first signs showed.  

I think the first mention of it was in Abandon All Hope...something about Nick being only an improvisation. I recall there being some of the same wearing away of the skin in that episode. I'm not sure how soon it started though. We didn't see Lucifer-in-a-Nick for a long stretch of episodes in S5: Free To Be You And Me (EP3)--although that was a dream, so probably doesn't count--up until Abandon All Hope (EP 10).

Right now, it does look more like vessel degeneration than a fight, to me, but it's hard to make that call without more information.

I still think Lucifer will probably be dealt with and gone before the finale, so makes sense to me it's EP 20 or 21.

• Love 1

During Season 5? Months, definitely. My guess would be 7-8 months before the first signs showed.  

So let's say for the sake of argument, Lucifer stayed in Nick's meatsuit 6 months before it fell apart.

One archangel in One human = 6 months to disintegration as a baseline.

Cas' might have been restored a couple of times by God, but that doesn't necessarily mean God fortified the meatsuit to God level strength.  So right now I'm not 100% convinced that Cas' meatsuit can withstand even as long as Nick since it's two angels inside him. (oh my)

He was subjected to the spell by Rowena that turned him into an attack dog and was badly beaten by the rogue angels and then was abused by Amara so it might be under stress already.

I'm thinking it will be like 3 months before it falls apart.

It's come to this.  I'm trying to create an equation for how long a meatsuit will last.

The other option on Cas' face is that he's nearly smited by Amara.

Edited by catrox14

So I noticed that William Shatner is wearing some of Jared's AKF togs.  And I've noticed more interaction between Shat and SPN people.

So here is my question. 

If the show brings in God would you rather it be William Shatner or Chuck. 

Not a Shatner fan, so I don't want him anywhere near SPN.  I already had to deal with him in the final season of Haven and that was more than enough, thank you very much.

Hell's Angel press release:

“Hell’s Angel” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

THE EPIC BATTLE FOR POWER BEGINS – Lucifer (Misha Collins) takes a trip home and tries to assert himself into Heaven. Crowley (Mark A. Sheppard) tells Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) he has a way to take down Amara (guest star Emily Swallows). Phil Sgriccia directed the episode written by Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming (#1118). Original airdate

4/6/2016.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 2
Not a Shatner fan, so I don't want him anywhere near SPN.

Agree!  IMHO he would ham it up so much that you wouldn't be able to take any character he'd play seriously. And not funny in a good way but in a blech way.

And I forgot to answer the question: Chuck. No Shatner for the reasons above.

Edited by auntvi
  • Love 2

Posted this in the scheduling thread but thought I'd bring this here as well:

So I've been checking the Futon Critic which I think is a better resource than IMDB these days and it looks like we have another mini hiatus on the way

5/25/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 23
    5/18/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 22
    5/11/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 21
    5/4/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW Episode 20
    4/27/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW TBA
    4/20/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW TBA
    4/13/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW TBA
    4/6/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1118) Hell's Angel
    3/30/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1117) Red Meat
    3/23/16 (We.) 9:00 PM The CW (#1116) Safe House

The question is when will 11.19 air. Will it be the week after 11.18 or the week before 11.20. Either way we have a two week break it seems

from the ratings thread in reply to SueB.

If it's a myth arc episode then I go with 4.27.but if something major happens in 11.18 which is Buck Leming, it could be breathing space and a table setter for 4.20 which is Robs episode and IMO they would cliffhanger us for two weeks.

Which may explain what Misha and Jared were doing in front of a mountain of sulphur?!

Does anyone have a link to the video?  I was going to watch it got distracted by something else and I can't find it now.

ETA I think demons leave behind sulphur alive not sure about dead. With males me wonder, did demon!Dean leave sulphur behind or is that only demons that are smoke monsters? Also could demon! Dean have smoked out into someone else if he wanted?

Oh he what if Dean decides to become DemonDean again in order to fight Amara. I mean theoretically DemonDean and the First Blade would be more powerful than Lucifer. So if Cas is dying he might offer himself as DemonDean for Lucifer to possess. DemonDean and Lucifer together might be powerful enough to beat Amara.

Does anyone have a link to the video?  I was going to watch it got distracted by something else and I can't find it now.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/supernatural-episode-1121-spoilery-set.html

Oh he what if Dean decides to become DemonDean again in order to fight Amara. I mean theoretically DemonDean and the First Blade would be more powerful than Lucifer. So if Cas is dying he might offer himself as DemonDean for Lucifer to possess. DemonDean and Lucifer together might be powerful enough to beat Amara.

Dean can't use the First Blade because he no longer has the Mark of Cain.

• Love 2

Okay, the sulfur video:

There's blood on Cas's trenchcoat.

The gory makeup is on only one side of his face; the other looks fine.

I'm still going with road rash/battle wounds.

"Engulfment"...one of those things you don't automatically think of when around a three-story pile of sulfur.

• Love 1