Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to imply they SHOULD give Sam a mytharc, but more that I think they will because that's kind of how it's rolled in the past.

For me, demon!Dean and the MoC has been the only real mytharc for Dean after he was not really the True Michael Vessel. I don't think being upset about Bobby and Cas' demise in s7 is a mytharc but that's just my opinion. I do hope they continue on with the MoC or it's aftermath but I don't think they will. I think they will have something with Sam.

I've been thinking about it and the Impala saving Sam and Dean is awesome in a hilarious way.

What if God somehow blessed the Impala so that the Winchesters never died in it?  Think about it!  They should have been in how many accidents over the years?  And the one they were in, no one died until they were out of the car, in the hospital!

Pretty much a literal "deus ex machina", which is one of the reasons I love the idea so much.  (The only way it would be more literal is if God possessed the Impala -- hey, maybe that's where God has been all these years!  He only popped into Chuck's body when he needed to talk to the boys!)

It makes me laugh, so the show would never go there.  But I think it would inject some much-needed levity.  The Carver administration has taken the show a little too seriously, methinks.

It would be like the Impala is "home base" in a game of tag. That does make me laugh.

Would other creatures have other "home bases"? Or, could they use the Impala as a home base, too? Maybe monsters could beat the guys to the Impala and lock themselves inside and be safe from them that way? :P

• Love 4
(edited)

The Boys Are Back in Town

Jared video from set:https://www.facebook.com/JaredPadalecki

Jared pic of the three amigos: https://twitter.com/jarpad/status/618613607513870339/photo/1

Jensen loses the hiatus beard: https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/618597460462559232/photo/1

From Jared's little soon-to-be-deleted video, I get:

1) They are back in the MoL Bunker by EP 3 and it's reconstituted (with books on shelves and not in a pile).

2) Jury is out on the hair.

From Jared's picture:

1) Cas clearly survives the premier and is no longer sporting bloody eyes.

2) Cas in in EP3

From Jensen's picture:

nothing.  because he gave us NOTHING, little fart.  Other than a lovely pic of his regular haircut -- which is nice and all....I just wanted spoilers. 

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
(edited)

Oh I think he gave us that spoiler in his tweet about the movie TheGallows.   It's all about someone named Charlie coming back from the dead...

a thought about Cas surviving....that seems like it might be a flashback...looking at their wardrobe.  Jared has a reddish plaid shirt. Dean is in the black shirt, Cas is in the same tie and they are in a cleaned up bunker.

So either it's a flashback or a time jump.  Something is....odd.  IMO. It can't be right after everything....yet they look awful lot like they did at the end of last season yet none worse for the wear...

Edited by catrox14

Good clue about The Gallows.  I hope so!

No clue about time jump, flashback, the same day, or someone needs to do laundry. 

(edited)

For me, demon!Dean and the MoC has been the only real mytharc for Dean after he was not really the True Michael Vessel. I don't think being upset about Bobby and Cas' demise in s7 is a mytharc but that's just my opinion. I do hope they continue on with the MoC or it's aftermath but I don't think they will. I think they will have something with Sam.

I agree that Dean's emotional journey in season 7 was not mytharc. For me that was an emotional arc - as was Sam's hallucinations. I was referring to Dean's vowing to kill, revenge quest for (complete with a mostly Dean associated supporting character in that quest, Frank), and actual killing of Dick Roman. There were even multiple parallels to season 4 and season 1 revenge Sam here, so I very much thought there was a highlight on this being a Dean revenge quest here.

More detailed explanation on the parallels, themes, and worthiness of the arc I moved to the "Bitterness" thread just to be sure.

I think Soulless Sam was at least part of the Cas/Crowley arc and it featured heavily in the first half of the Season.  Compare that with the barely three episodes of Demon!Dean.

Answer taken to the "bitterness" thread.

Then came the Lucifer hellucinations which were at least a supernatural condition. Then came the trials mytharc.

If Sam's hellucintaions count as an arc - which again was concluded by Dean (and Cas) saving Sam - then in my opinion, so does Dean's arc in Purgatory count... {Rest of discussion taken to the "bitterness" thread, since I contrast it with "Sam hit a dog."}

Dean, after they made a joke out of his arc in Seasons 4 and 5, didn`t have any mytharc at all for my money (no, not remotely in Season 7 either) during the years 6 to 9 and a half. The first one he got was the Mark and in the end, that went equally as nowhere as closing the gates of hell.

At least Dean didn't do something stupid and start an apocalypse. Again.

So basically, having nothing for 3 and a half years, followed up with having something to do for 1 and a half years but with no meaningful resolution, I don`t think it necessitates he should once again get nothing because he "had his turn" or something. I`ve been waiting for a real turn, with beginning, middle and satisfying end now for ten years and counting.

Discussion taken to the "Bitterness thread."

I personally think both Sam and Dean should have a good mytharc. And I would like to see Sam actually, you know, kill something noteworthy, please? For a supposed hunter, it's been a long time since he actually killed something of note.

Edited by AwesomO4000

I think they are still building up Sam to kill Crowley. As much as I want Dean to do it, Sam has just as much reason to kill Crowley as Dean.  Look, I love Mark Sheppard, but Crowley has to get some kind of comeuppance from the boys. I won't be satisfied if anyone else kills him.  I was really hoping Sam would kill Cole too, for you know...torturing him...and all that.  Sigh.

I've thought one reason they haven't had Sam kill as much was to highlight how much impact the Mark was having on Dean and if Sam is killing and then sort of being on Dean's ass about killing then Sam looks like a hypocrite. And Sam was busy trying to save Dean from himself in his own awkward way and hunting wasn't first in his mind.

Sam or could still kill Metatron because that dickhead is still out there.

(edited)

I've thought one reason they haven't had Sam kill as much was to highlight how much impact the Mark was having on Dean and if Sam is killing and then sort of being on Dean's ass about killing then Sam looks like a hypocrite. And Sam was busy trying to save Dean from himself in his own awkward way and hunting wasn't first in his mind.

Oh I agree with that for the last season and a half, but sadly after thinking about it, I think Sam hasn't killed anyone significant - as in a recurring mytharc character - for at least 5 seasons now, more if you don't count dragging Lucifer into the hole as a "kill."

Even before the mark, Dean was still doing much of the recurring character offing post season 4 (Zachariah, Eve, Dick Roman) and then we add Abaddon and Death post mark. That's just the biggies... If we include all of Dean's kills (especially the Purgatory kills), the kill difference would likely be huge.

I like your idea of Sam killing Crowley. Sam's wanted to do that since season 5, so I'd be inclined to let him do so. The other choice would be killing Lucifer, but I'm not sure if Lucifer should die.

Edited by AwesomO4000

IA could be a foiler and he's just visiting due to other filming in Vancouver commitments.

Or Grampa is one of those things lurking in the darkness....

Ruth Connell tweeted she's back at work.  So that's Rowena in EP 3 as well. 

(edited)

I'm fine with time travel. I'm not fine with that character. But on the plus side the more pics coming out seem to confirm that shirt is Dean's wardrobe. And YES.

There are also rumors that Danneel and JJ were seen on set which matches up with Danneel being in Vancouver to watch the World Cup game last Sunday.

Crack spec of the day:

It's a revisit to the French Mistake universe. Dean has been zapped back to that universe and the Jensen is now married to Danneel. Dean has to cope with being married and having a daughter in that world. And Sam is still in this universe dealing with Jensen trying to cope.. Or vice versa. Sam gets zapped to the AU and finds the real Jensen married with a daughter and Dean is still in the real world with Jared trying to cope with being in the Darkness.

Or maybe the Darkness reset the universe and it creates an AU where the boys never were hunters and Dean owns a Tiki Bar which is why Dean is dressed with the Hawaiian shirt.

Edited by catrox14

I think that would stray a little too close to IRL Jensen for his taste.  "Playing" himself is one thing, but including his wife and daughter?  Not gonna happen, IMO.

I'm certain it won't happen but it's fun to throw it out there hence the CRACK part of it.

They'd never have JJ be on screen and I wouldn't want that anyway. Danneel might feel safe enough with fandom to play the alternate version of herself like Genevieve did. IMO Genevieve nailed it too. I saw that TSA web series with Danneel and Misha and the comedy was pretty bold and OTT and she was very funny and willing to take a risk. Like I said just my crack spec.

However my second crack speck....I could actually see being the case. HEH. I just had visions of Dean cosplaying as Danny from Hawaii Five O.

(edited)

I'm still keeping fingers crossed for the Tiki bar. Somehow... Someway

That looks a lot like the alley in Taxi Driver. And there is a taxi. Could we be getting another portal into Purgatory?

Edited by catrox14

Now, see, after they get rid ofThe Darkness in the first two episodes, they could head off to the beach on vacation and encounter a MOW there...thus fulfilling Dean's desire for *beach!* and putting the boys in a new environment AND doing a filler episode. I like it.

• Love 1

He has a black t-shirt on under it. So that's a layer and Dean does layers.

I wonder if the Hawaiian shirt is from the DemonDean collection. I bet DemonDean bought shirts like that.

Oh gods. If Hot Topical doesn't sell demon!Dean Hawaiian shirts somebody better.

Does peak my interest, how come Dean is dressed like that?

Catrox14 I would love to see Dean and Sam split and having to deal with their real self opposite.  But from French Mistake interviews I'm afraid that will never happen.

As for JJ, I suspect Jensen will be very protective of her at least until she is old enough to say she wants to do that, as he got made fun of modeling as a young teen.  I can't see him saying yes, until he knows for sure she can understand the issues.  He's fine with his image all over the place but I haven't that many pictures of his daughter, and really I'm glad about that.    However your idea could be a fun fanfic, so you going to write it???  :)

Dean Winchester is wearing only two layers and one of those is a goddamn Hawaiian shirt. I. He's practically naked. 'And it's the best fucking thing EVER. I'm just gonna go ahead and end it all now because I don't think things will ever be better in my life. It's GLORIOUS.

Rowena looks awful in that platinum wig.

I'm just gonna keep looking at Dean in a Hawaiian shirt.

• Love 3

Okay so those eyes are the same as in Brother's Keeper.  And Misha seems a bit bold in showing those.....

guys you don't think they would make Jensen direct an episode in which they kill off Cas...do you?

Of course, he could just be being Misha, and wearing them to make us all *think* that's what's happening, when it has nothing at all to do with that episode, and he's trying them on for fit for episode 1...

• Love 2

That's a good point.  Sorry this stupid show has given me anxiety so that I assume the worst.  And well, we are not often wrong on #deathwatch.

But man it seems like that would be a horrible thing to do to Jensen :(.

Dean in a Hawaiian shirt, isn't something I would think of as normal.  So either they went on vacation and somehow caught up with Rowena or there could be something not right.  

When did we ever see her in Blonde hair and wearing traditional witch garb?

All of them maybe trying to give us hints but usually they can't give us enough for use to guess it this early.  But I'm wondering if it is an alternate time line???  Or the Boys went on vacation and accidentally met up with her?

So I doubt they are killing him off just yet.  But yes it would suck if Jensen had to direct the ep in which Cas died, but then maybe they are repeating Season 6th, Cas dies and comes back.  But I also know that Misha likes to mess with us.  :)

Of course, he could just be being Misha, and wearing them to make us all *think* that's what's happening, when it has nothing at all to do with that episode, and he's trying them on for fit for episode 1...

That's what I was thinking. Or, they're shooting a flashback scene or something like that. Or, Cass will really be Rowena's attack dog for a couple episodes. But, it's more likely that Misha was just screwing around, because...Misha.

• Love 1
(edited)

We have BTS pics of the boys with Rowena in the backseat of the Impala.  And she's apparently in chains. Plus Ruth Connell put a vine out on what a lovely time she had with the boys. 

My guesses:

- We definitely have Cas and Rowena in EP3

- We have scenes with Rowena in the blond wig

- Cas with the red eyes COULD be flashbacks or the boys may have finally caught up with her and Cas and rescued him from her.

- Crowley's absence is suspicious. But Mark doesn't tweet show stuff, like ever. 

On the Hawaiian shirt: COULD be the director was just wearing something to keep him cool (light cover over his black t-shirt that Dean is wearing) or could be part of the show.  I think vacation is less likely than hunting down Rowena to get Cas in some tropical climate.

Pure spoiler-based speculation:  Cas is the damsel in distress at the start of the season and they go hunting for him. They find him but he's still under the spell.  Rowena is on the lamb, despite having the Book and Codecs.  Perhaps they have to capture Rowena to free Cas of the bestialius spell.  Hence he's got red eyes for a bit and then clear eyed.  I suspect Crowley got away.  Mark is coming to SDCC. 

So if they "fix" Cas in EP3, I could see how that would end up resolving the immediate crisis from the finale.  Then they can settle in a longer stint to resolve the impact of The Darkness.  Whatever that may be.  And if they have Rowena as their prisoner, they'll be using her to help. 

Edited by SueB

Oh, how it warms the dark recesses of my cold dark heart to hear Mark agree with me...it' never does go well with witches, does it? ;)

Yeah, I'm guessing they're joking about Crowley, too. Mark is a cheeky little thing, ain't he?

Sounding more and more a lot like S7.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hmm. Mark is such a cheeky little bastard. He is as popular as Cas and the boys for much of the audience and I can't fathom they would not give us the satisfaction of an on-screen death for that important of a character. Nor have it be at the hands of one or both of the boys. For me the final scene with Cas and Crowley is not a satisfactory death scene.

I don't think he is dead at least not really most sincerely dead. Metatron still has the demon tablet so he might save Crowley. I think he might disappear for awhile or Cas thinks he's killed him.

I can't see them going through all that in The Prisoner with the speech and the turning back to evil Crowley and then not do anything with it nor giving the kill to one of the boys or both.

Edited by catrox14

Honest to gods. In all these years I've never thought of the LOSEchesters. and I am the goddess of terrible puns. I love it.

Mark claims he's dead. I don't think so.

Carver could not even begin to explain Charlie's death. Jensen literally went under the table to hide during that question. 

• Love 1

Honest to gods. In all these years I've never thought of the LOSEchesters

Whoever wrote that stupid Afterschool Special epsiode? Was it Dabb/Loflin? Because they thought of it first, the bully in this episode used it on Sam and it was played like a very lame pun in that context. 

• Love 1

I've watched After School Special like twice and I really hate it so I don't remember much of anything other than Dean with the shorts and whistle and the worst young Dean EVER.

Dabb says he loved writing Demon!Dean in Reichenbach and I cannot argue that I didn't love that too. He was pretty scary IMO

Okay stuff starting to come out from the post panel interviews

Winchester Bros retweeted
Geek Girl Diva ‏@geekgirldiva 11m11 minutes ago

New episode coming called "Baby". Guess what it's about ;) --- Oh boy. I bet this is some kind of personification of Baby which ugh no I don't want that. I want Baby to always be just the car. I didn't like when they made the TARDIS into a "person".
14 retweets 8 favorites
Winchester Bros retweeted
Geek Girl Diva ‏@geekgirldiva 16m16 minutes ago

Jensen is realllllly happy to get back to just the boys against the bad -

Geek Girl Diva ‏@geekgirldiva 31m31 minutes ago

Andrew Dabb. We asked him about repercussions of the death of Death. His response? Well, someone has to be Death So who is Death? My money is on Crowley and that is why Sheppard has been so openly saying that Crowley is dead. He's the new Death. Oh Mark.  You little scamp.