Type keyword(s) to search

My Strange Addiction - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I should be watching Lawrence O'Donnell like a good citizen, but I drifted over to this program. Nothing, NOTHING I could ever do the rest of my life could be as weird as this.

How do these guys pee when they're out at a night club? That's my most burning question.

Edited by Dianaofthehunt
  • Love 1

That was my thought every time one of them got in a car....that can't be legal.  The other thing that stood out to me was the one guy who kept saying people stared at him when he was out becasue he was dressed up and looking pretty.  I kept telling him no no no dear, that's not why they're staring but he didn't listen.  Ooooh it hurt my head. 

• Love 4

Verrrry interesting!! Interesting to see what (these) men think is an attractive woman. Really, none of them looked attractive to me. They looked like what an alien would think a "woman" looks like. Aside from exploring their feminine side, it was also interesting to see the man be turned on? by the woman they saw in the mirror. Seems like several of the men wanted to have a sexy girlfriend, but couldn't, so the next best thing was to BE a sexy girlfriend?? I would think they would rather buy a beautiful blow-up doll to ravish instead of just looking at her in the mirror. I guess there is a complicated relationship going on.

Aside from the bathroom issue (I'm guessing there is an access flap) wouldn't it be sweaty in all that rubber? I don't get the mask thing. It doesn't look real. I wonder why they don't just wear make-up and such, like your regular garden variety drag queen/cross dresser. Always something new under the sun!

• Love 1

Just wow. That is too weird a hobby, Got to put on a "woman" suit and dance around in front of a camera? Buffalo Bill from Silence of The Lambs, anyone?

How do they keep from passing out? 

• Love 4

How those guys can breathe in those masks is beyond me. I would think it would get so hot and sweaty and gross. But the biggest WTF to me was seeing what the men thought a "sexy woman" looks like. It reminded me more of a drag queen's idea of what a woman looks like--hypersexualized, big hair, heavy makeup (and forever being the object of the camera's gaze). I also found odd their perception of what it is like for a "sexy woman" to get attention. It seemed they wanted so much not to blend in (as they felt they did as men) and instead desired the comments, the stares, the catcalls. But in reality, many (most? I'm trying not to speak for all women, of course) women would not welcome some guy (with his kids in tow!) calling out comments from across the street about how sexy he thought they were.

But I did think the family who owns the company that makes the female skins was awesome. They obviously took an enormous amount of pride in their work and were so nice to their customers.

Edited by janerazor
  • Love 1

I'm Watching Season 6 Episode 6: A guy named Adam who want's to be Madonna...and a young guy Kyle (20?) who lives in Pittsburgh, who only dates women over 65. It's near the end  of the episode and the person I've just seen him date, who he met online, has bags under here eyes the size of suitcases. So this 65-plus year old woman is UGLY....but different people find different things attractive.  

I hate to be judgmental,,,and I guess at this point I'm just wrapping my mind around the whole concept. Even with the understanding that different people find different things attractive....i still feel it's just not natural for a 25 year old to ONLY be sexually attracted to people who are 70!

There was a marathon of this show over the holidays. I had never watched it before and came over to see what people were saying. Except for the people with body dysmorphia and the cross dressers I felt that the rest of the "addictions" were producer scripted and funded.  I put quotation marks around the word addiction because it takes a lot more than a single therapy session or a talk with a friend who says that it is not a healthy behavior and stop. Sorry, not buying it - but I guess that's why there isn't much discussion on this forum. Although I am curious where the people find the money, aside from TLC of course.

TLC, in its infinite wisdom, has brought back this show. The new episode tonight contains the further adventures of the guy who loved his car and the woman who licked her cats. New tonight: a woman has been eating toilet paper for 20 years. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, JeanJean said:

And tonight the foam-eating mom isn't swallowing the foam, either. I'm onto you, TLC.

Surprise, surprise! Not. I'll have to look more carefully next time I watch this show. 

• Like 1