Type keyword(s) to search

The Music of Empire

Trini
  • Start Topic

I think that will help everything: the verisimilitude in story, ratings if the music is good ( and with Timbaland it's got better than 50/50, right?), broadening the resumes of the actors who are singing/ singers who are acting, and whichever outlet is releasing the music for download will be getting money, potentially lots of it if the music takes off like season 1 Glee did.

I heard somewhere that there is going to be two versions of the songs: a "clean" one, for television, and a more explicit version. I like that because it's like cussing on TV: there are some situations where it is going to happen.  Yes, polite police, they don't have to cuss at all, yet to have no one cuss at all seems disingenuous when you take a look at radio and even the pop ladies are dropping bombs here and there. 

Edited by Actionmage

Does anyone know the title of the song and the artist who sang the Southern Soul jam that was playing when Hakeem got the broom beatdown?  That song was nice.

ETA: My sister answered my question.  The song was That Nookie Thang by Big Cynthia. 

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 2

Does anyone know the title of the song and the artist who sang the Southern Soul jam that was playing when Hakeem got the broom beatdown? That song was nice.

ETA: My sister answered my question. The song was That Nookie Thang by Big Cynthia.

Thank you! I've been looking not so hard for this song for months!

I know that it's most of the new and original songs that get the most love, but if you haven't at least listened to the new version of Anthony Hamilton's "Point of it All," you are cheating yourself. The original was already in heavy rotation in my house, but this version got me swooning like Anthony is actually a good looking man and we all know that is not true.

• Love 2

I'm embarrassed to ask, but can someone give me the info on the song they played last episode "Girls ain't nothin but trouble.  Can't live with em can't love em."  I found myself rolling everytime it played because it was always with some woman (Anika) being shady.  LOL

Quoting myself, I found it, it's called War of the Roses by Jim Beanz and it is currently on repeat. Forever.

I asked before I realized that the question above was the same.  Thanks!!!!!

• Love 1

I just watched the video of Jussie's song with Pitbull. Ugh! I like the song a lot, but I hate that he is playing straight in the video. Why couldn't be dancing a guy or at least he should have been flirting with guys in the background. I am disappointed.

Listen to Serayah's New Beyonce-Inspired 'Empire' Anthem, 'Me'

In next week’s episode of the hit Fox series, titled “Cupid Kills,” Serayah performs a powerful new anthem, and ET has the exclusive premiere of “Me,” a pulse-pounding song all about female empowerment.

"The song reminds me of Beyoncé’s ‘Me, Myself and I,’” the 21-year-old actress-singer, who plays Tiana, exclusively tells ET. “Lyrics in both songs speak to female empowerment, but both are really about self-love.”

“I feel like ‘Me’ is almost an anthem -- none of us need approval or love from anyone else to define our worth, all that any of us need is me to be happy,” Serayah adds.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 1

I've recently rewatched Empire, and it's not a bad show. I miss it already. However, these 2 songs are so good. It would be nice if we could get a Empire movie to tie up all of the loose ends.