Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I found this interview interesting. Now I know it’s Bethenny, but the tie-in to VPR is the interviewer asks if she thinks Raquel should come back.

Bethenny is talking about Reality TV personalities should form a union, and strike right now. She says the reason they should strike now is because reality tv people are in the best position to be heard.

I agree they should unionize. There are things they should put in place to better protect themselves. If a show has re-runs on Bravo/Peacock – they get no residuals. They get very little in terms of pay in their first seasons – the base amount by show should increased

I don’t think they should strike right now – because they don’t have a union. In order for a strike to have a chance at success – they’d all have to strike – I don’t see that happening.

They’d also be going up against the parent companies of these networks — in Bravo’s case, NBC Universal. 

I was once involved in an attempt to unionize a newsroom. It is a true war of attrition, and draining — both financially and emotionally. Companies hostile to workers’ rights will spare NO expense to shut down unionization efforts. When I left about five years later, the fight was still going and I’m not sure it ever ended. You start with a Norma Rae mindset, and you get ground down to your knees. You’re fighting your management, and their management, as well as those within your own ranks who oppose you. 

Reality TV personalities should be included under the SAG/AFTRA umbrella (for whatever that means at the moment). The industry has evolved that much with streaming, etc., and the powers-that-be know this, hence the fight. Reality personalities are also performers in a creative medium, and as it stands right now, free labor to the behemoths. Monday, Bravo marathoned the first season of Below Deck, from 2012. Absolutely the cast should be compensated for the repeated use of their images. This season gets re-run at least two times a year, if not more. Then, you have all the current shows that get marathoned ad nauseam up until their new episodes. Bravo/NBC Universal has made BANK by doing this.

At the very least, with a union people would not immediately sign their rights away by joining a show, and get some additional compensation for their work. It’s only fair.

The creative arts have become cash cows. Many people — not just onscreen talent — are basically working for free in an industry that ultimately benefits a relative few — and that opens up a whole ‘nother can o’ worms, an inappropriate topic for these boards.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I really hope that’s true. Is LVP the mastermind behind the biting dog? Too funny. Hippie is a stupid name.

What was Rachel (her preferred name) doing to make that poor dog so anxious? Just didn’t give a shit?

I hope James doesn’t let her see him. She didn’t.

And that Graham trying to escape under a fence was total BS. Dog cares don’t let them alone unsupervised like that. Somebody would have noticed him digging under a fence, and they were obviously puncture wounds from a dog bite. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
57 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

What was Rachel (her preferred name) doing to make that poor dog so anxious? Just didn’t give a shit?

Maybe it wasn’t something specific she did.  Some dogs can just smell evil.

58 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I hope James doesn’t let her see him. She didn’t.

Sadly, she probably won’t even ask to see him.  The dog, to her, was just a prop and has served his purpose.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
34 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Maybe it wasn’t something specific she did.  Some dogs can just smell evil.

Sadly, she probably won’t even ask to see him.  The dog, to her, was just a prop and has served his purpose.

Exactly..I think she got him to gain points from LVP and he was a baby and cute. She used him for a story line on the show, and as a trinket to show off on Instagram.

I think prior to Season 10 filming, she was using the dog as a way to keep James wanting to come back. I also think she thought she could use James as a fallback in case she had no story line. I do think the introduction of Ally threw her off.

Because of Ally, she didn't want James to see Graham, not because she wanted Graham, but because she wanted to punish James by withholding Graham.

I don't think Raquel ever took care of Graham. I think she was worse the older he got. I think he was traumatized under her care, from neglect, from lack of exercise, from no structure, probably no routine. I think he was further traumatized by her Adopto-family.

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

She used him for a story line on the show, and as a trinket to show off on Instagram.

I think it would be a great storyline and a public service for VPR to go into detail about what Graham/Hippies issues were, what human behaviors accelerated Graham's behavior and the real training they received to rectify the issues.  Also, an interesting story would be Graham's journey to Lisa. The initial stories coming out were pretty weird.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
17 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Uh… why are they putting makeup on Summer Moon?

I think Brock was keeping her occupied while Scheana was being made up for some event. It was powder not really make up

• Like 1
(edited)
On 7/28/2023 at 5:21 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Okay. I like Lala. But she’s kind of rambling. I’m just going to guess: the spin-off is just hearspay?

Huh?

I believe Lala when she says the spin off is filming. What I don't believe is that the VPR cast won't be on the new show or that the spinoff cast won't be on VPR.

For any new show they've always done the cross-over show tie-in.

For example, Vanderpump Rules was introduced to the world by having a RHBH  2 hour show with a dinner - where the VPR cast were the servers.

VPR had a longer show, where Stassi, Kristen, Katie, flew to NY and went to the Hamptons. This was the introduction of Summer House.

It will make sense for Jax, Brittany and Kristen to appear at an event on VPR such as any child party - they really do spend time at each others homes with the kids. It would also make sense for Lala, Katie, Scheana, Ariana to appear on the spinoff - because again they hang out all the time.

I also think when the new show is aired it will most likely be on consecutive nights on Bravo - with the premiere show falling on the same night.

I learned something new today, if any of you have Prime, you just need to search Amazon Live. On the left side of the screen - you'll see different names - such as Lala, Scheana, Once you click on their name - it will show you the schedule for any upcoming lives they have.

Scheana and Lala will be on again August 7th - they will probably spill a little tea  on what has filmed within that week.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 1

Just listened to Kristin’s latest podcast.  Jax was on and said that it was his choice to not return to VPR for season 9 and that Brittany was upset but supportive of his decision.  Not sure if I believe it (that leaving was their choice, I mean - I fully believe though that Brittany wanted to be/stay on the show and that was her motivation for being/staying with Jax)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Just listened to Kristin’s latest podcast.  Jax was on and said that it was his choice to not return to VPR for season 9 and that Brittany was upset but supportive of his decision.  Not sure if I believe it (that leaving was their choice, I mean - I fully believe though that Brittany wanted to be/stay on the show and that was her motivation for being/staying with Jax)

I don't believe it at all - he's such a liar!

• Like 11
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I don't believe Jax either.

From what I remember, they fired Stassi and Kristen for what they did to Faith which is basically bragging that they called the police saying that a suspect being searched for looked like Faith. I know Jax - tweeted something about the incident -not sure what he tweeted.

While I don't think he was "fired" - I do believe they decided not to offer him a new contract. I think Bravo/Evolution was trying to placate Faith - it was the "optics"

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't believe Jax either.

From what I remember, they fired Stassi and Kristen for what they did to Faith which is basically bragging that they called the police saying that a suspect being searched for looked like Faith. I know Jax - tweeted something about the incident -not sure what he tweeted.

While I don't think he was "fired" - I do believe they decided not to offer him a new contract. I think Bravo/Evolution was trying to placate Faith - it was the "optics"

And don't forget that he called it "his show" to Lisa on camera! 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 7/29/2023 at 1:42 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Huh?

I believe Lala when she says the spin off is filming. What I don't believe is that the VPR cast won't be on the new show or that the spinoff cast won't be on VPR.

For any new show they've always done the cross-over show tie-in.

For example, Vanderpump Rules was introduced to the world by having a RHBH  2 hour show with a dinner - where the VPR cast were the servers.

VPR had a longer show, where Stassi, Kristen, Katie, flew to NY and went to the Hamptons. This was the introduction of Summer House.

It will make sense for Jax, Brittany and Kristen to appear at an event on VPR such as any child party - they really do spend time at each others homes with the kids. It would also make sense for Lala, Katie, Scheana, Ariana to appear on the spinoff - because again they hang out all the time.

I also think when the new show is aired it will most likely be on consecutive nights on Bravo - with the premiere show falling on the same night.

I learned something new today, if any of you have Prime, you just need to search Amazon Live. On the left side of the screen - you'll see different names - such as Lala, Scheana, Once you click on their name - it will show you the schedule for any upcoming lives they have.

Scheana and Lala will be on again August 7th - they will probably spill a little tea  on what has filmed within that week.

Sorry! I just didn’t have time to watch the entire video.

I didn’t actually assume it was hearsay. But some posters thought that….

• Like 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sorry! I just didn’t have time to watch the entire video.

I didn’t actually assume it was hearsay. But some posters thought that….

They are filming something.

A few weeks back, I saw a picture of Kristen in that green dress she wore to pick up the mail at Tom's, standing in the SUR alley, talking to Peter.

This can't be for anyone other than "Bravo"

All Lala said was I think they're filming this week, and I can't believe we're not filming with them and they're not filming with us. I'm thinking it was a red herring.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Useful 1
On 7/28/2023 at 5:21 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Okay. I like Lala. But she’s kind of rambling. I’m just going to guess: the spin-off is just hearsay?

Who knows. I wonder if Jax, Brittany, and Kristen started filming something, and want to sell it to Bravo, now that Vanderpump Rules is hot. It won't be interesting, Jax and his trashy wife are boring, and I won't watch if it ever makes it to Bravo, or a streaming service. I'm sure many others won't watch either.

Edited by ZettaK
  • LOL 1

Here's the scoop on the cast of the Vanderpump Spinoff

image.thumb.png.363d749c1fc92c641b87c6d0cabec9bc.png

Jax & Brittany

Kristen with her boyfriend Luke (I've never seen him but Kiki777 and I hear him on Kristen's podcast)

Janet and her husband James. Janet is the one who was on season 10 when they had Something About Her Scenes. She also helped Katie and Ariana with the "fuck me in this T Shirt" merch. A while back for Ariana, Danielle cooked a meal for her and her friends. There was a picture of them kissing in a kitchen. A rumor started that Ariana was pregnant because of a sonogram photo on the fridge behind them. Danielle cooked in Janet's kitchen, and she is the one that is pregnant. Janet used to work for Cameron Diaz's company Avaline.

Nia Sanchez was Miss USA - now we have an ACTUAL beauty queen. I don't know her husband

Jesse and Michelle are not familiar - they are real estate agents

Jasmine was on the bachelor as a contestant the season Nick Viall was the bachelor.

I think Zach was on VPR on season 6. When Jax broke up with her the 2nd time, she left their apartment and stayed with Zach. He's her BFF from Kentucky who moved to LA years ago.

I'm sure there will be filming crossovers between the spinoff and VPR. I think VPR will last as long as LVP can make it happen. She needs the show to promote her restaurants. The only way VPR California goes away is if LVP sells TomToms and SUR and moves to Vegas. Either way don’t be surprised if there is a Las Vegas spinoff. Bravo/NBC is going to try to develop and air as many reality shows as possible with the strikes.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/2/2023 at 4:59 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Jax & Brittany

Kristen with her boyfriend Luke (I've never seen him but Kiki777 and I hear him on Kristen's podcast)

Janet and her husband James. Janet is the one who was on season 10 when they had Something About Her Scenes. She also helped Katie and Ariana with the "fuck me in this T Shirt" merch. A while back for Ariana, Danielle cooked a meal for her and her friends. There was a picture of them kissing in a kitchen. A rumor started that Ariana was pregnant because of a sonogram photo on the fridge behind them. Danielle cooked in Janet's kitchen, and she is the one that is pregnant. Janet used to work for Cameron Diaz's company Avaline.

Nia Sanchez was Miss USA - now we have an ACTUAL beauty queen. I don't know her husband

Jasmine was on the bachelor as a contestant the season Nick Viall was the bachelor.

I think Zach was on VPR on season 6. When Jax broke up with her the 2nd time, she left their apartment and stayed with Zach. He's her BFF from Kentucky who moved to LA years ago.

I'm sure there will be filming crossovers between the spinoff and VPR. I think VPR will last as long as LVP can make it happen. She needs the show to promote her restaurants. The only way VPR California goes away is if LVP sells TomToms and SUR and moves to Vegas. Either way don’t be surprised if there is a Las Vegas spinoff. Bravo/NBC is going to try to develop and air as many reality shows as possible with the strikes.

I'm still not interested. 

Lisa Vanderpump seems to be opening a lot of restaurants/bars in Nevada. Wolf is in Lake Tahoe, but on the Nevada side, on the border with California. She might close the two restaurants in Los Angeles. It's a pattern with her, opening and closing restaurants after a few years (in the U.K., France, the U.S). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Jax & Brittany

I’ll definitely watch for Kristen (Luke sounds like a funny, but very grounded and mature guy on the podcast).  Jax amuses me most of the time and I’m curious to see him as a dad.  Brittany BUGS me though- I tried their podcast once and the sound of her voice just turns me right off.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
59 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

I’ll definitely watch for Kristen (Luke sounds like a funny, but very grounded and mature guy on the podcast).  Jax amuses me most of the time and I’m curious to see him as a dad.  Brittany BUGS me though- I tried their podcast once and the sound of her voice just turns me right off.

I'll be watching.

Jax bugs me more than Brittany. It will be interesting if Stassi ever comes back. I know Stassi & Beau have not talked to Jax & Brittany since they didn't attend their wedding in Italy. It's so bad that Katie, in her usual place up Stassi's ass, is also mad at Brit & Jax.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

I don’t want to have to watch this show! Please, corporate greedy people, come to your senses and pay the writers fair wages. I also don’t want to watch shows written by AI, unless they become our overlords, in which case, yay AI and their awesome tv shows!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
On 7/25/2023 at 12:37 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Easier to see photo from Summer's birthday

Lala holding Ocean

Summer hugging Lala

Brittany holding Cruz

image.png.0291d3ea3f0d458d06edc0913257506e.png

Ok Cruz looks like neither Brittany nor Jax… poor Ocean looks exactly like her dad.

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

I want to say hard pass but I may watch just for Kristen.  But I have ZERO interest in any of the other losers.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

In one of the videos I posted above - it was Scheana and she says Happy Birthday Will - Brittany says hi and is sitting next to Scheana.

This might not be filming for either show, but for Scheana's Vlog.

I think it is Will Ratner's birthday - Elaine's husband and netiher are cast members of the show.

• Like 2
On 8/2/2023 at 9:56 PM, Jel said:

I don’t want to have to watch this show! Please, corporate greedy people, come to your senses and pay the writers fair wages. I also don’t want to watch shows written by AI, unless they become our overlords, in which case, yay AI and their awesome tv shows!

I hope the strike ends soon (although it seems unlikely), so that some networks/streaming services won't be forced to buy some of these lame reality shows.

• Like 1

Nick Viall has a podcast called the Viall Files. I've mentioned him before having interviewed Charli Burnett.

He is on as a cast member of the Special Forces reality show that Sandoval is also on. He said they were not allowed personal items, but Tom snuck in photos of himself with Raquel.

I guess without his phone and no video memory, he needs something else to jerk off to..

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Nick Viall has a podcast called the Viall Files. I've mentioned him before having interviewed Charli Burnett.

He is on as a cast member of the Special Forces reality show that Sandoval is also on. He said they were not allowed personal items, but Tom snuck in photos of himself with Raquel.

I guess without his phone and no video memory, he needs something else to jerk off to..

giphy.gif

Wow. I really thought Sandoval had lost interest in Rachel.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I thought so, as well. When was that filmed? It could be months earlier. Also, I see that Sandoval and Schwartz are on a couple of reality shows. It seems the bad publicity didn't hurt them...Yes, they are not well-known reality shows, but still....And they get paid. It's annoying. 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I'm giving it a bit of the side eye.

Now I do think Sandoval snuck photos in. What I also know is that both Nick and Sandoval are on a reality show that is airing soon - so they both want publicity in hopes of generating viewership.

Nick also knows that in the past when he spoke about Scandoval on his podcast - his views went up.  It's kind of convenient that he bought up Tom in his podcast.

I also know Tom is a braggart - he revels in the attention even if it's negative.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
On 8/2/2023 at 4:59 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Sorry if I've missed this but what is the premise of this show?

Also does anyone know where I can find the show about Schwartz being stranded on Mars? 😄

Thanks!

• LOL 1
On 8/5/2023 at 3:09 PM, princelina said:

Sorry if I've missed this but what is the premise of this show?

Also does anyone know where I can find the show about Schwartz being stranded on Mars? 😄

Thanks!

It is/was on Fox. Don’t know if it’s still going.

On 8/5/2023 at 3:18 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Saw that, and all I could think of was poor Sandoval slinging overpriced drinks at Schwartz and Sandy’s and bitching about his miserable life, as “Piano Man” plays on the jukebox.

She’s living her life. Good on her.

On 8/4/2023 at 3:01 PM, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

Damn…for a second there, I thought this was Sandoval gone to seed.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, princelina said:

What does this mean?

Just NBC already browbeating us with Summer Olympics commercials, in case we’ve all forgotten that it has the broadcast rights, so don’t make plans!

My local affliate is already running Olympics stories on the news…and I’m already over it. The daily countdown will begin around Christmas.

• Like 1

I can’t help it, I’m sick of Ariana’s face and the beating of this dead horse.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for her and I’d be taking advantage of just about every offer that came my way, were I in her shoes - but it’s enough for me.  

I’m shocked by how over it I am, I was watching a TMZ episode and there was a poll about several different current events.  One question asked how many would be watching VPR next season and how many are over it.  Harvey even predicted that “over it” would be the majority’s answer, and it was by a longshot.  Either 74 or 84% chose it, I believe.   

I just have zero interest in watching now that there’s not one that I can stand or that I’m rooting for.  I honestly feel like they should all grow up and get a life, big ol Debbie Downer that I am today! 🥱🫠🥴🤔🙄🤦‍♀️

• Like 4
19 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I can’t help it, I’m sick of Ariana’s face and the beating of this dead horse.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for her and I’d be taking advantage of just about every offer that came my way, were I in her shoes - but it’s enough for me.  

I’m shocked by how over it I am, I was watching a TMZ episode and there was a poll about several different current events.  One question asked how many would be watching VPR next season and how many are over it.  Harvey even predicted that “over it” would be the majority’s answer, and it was by a longshot.  Either 74 or 84% chose it, I believe.   

I just have zero interest in watching now that there’s not one that I can stand or that I’m rooting for.  I honestly feel like they should all grow up and get a life, big ol Debbie Downer that I am today! 🥱🫠🥴🤔🙄🤦‍♀️

I'll still be watching.

I might be in the minority of people not sick of Ariana's endorsement deals - it's because most of what I watch is commercial free. I think the only commercial I saw was the BIC commercial. Everything else: Glamour cover, Sofi, Duracell, DWTS, Olympics - I  only saw because I went in search of it on YouTube.

I think Vanderpump Rules will be on for at least 2 more seasons - Lisa needs it to promote her restaurants, not just in California. If VPR goes, the expiration date of LVP's restaurants moves up. They've tried adding a new cast - it hasn't gelled. There is a possibility of a Vanderpump Vegas working if some of the OG cast goes over there.

• Like 6