Type keyword(s) to search

S07: Katya

• Start Topic

She has the rare ability to be totally irreverent and yet still relatable, vulnerable while also appearing completely put together. I'm pulling for her.

Also, interesting that she doesn't appear to have aligned with either of the cliques yet.

• Love 3

That's because Katya has the fashion chops that the younger queens have. IMO she's been right up there with Violet, Max and Fame with her runway looks the past two weeks.

And she has the performing chops that Ginger and the other older queens think they have.

She has the rare ability to be totally irreverent and yet still relatable, vulnerable while also appearing completely put together. I'm pulling for her.

Also, interesting that she doesn't appear to have aligned with either of the cliques yet.

• Love 1

Katya looks rough as a boy but I love her drag style especially her Abraham Lincoln this past week. Absolutely genius. I have a hunch though that she will be a shocking elimination further down the line for some lame reason like Milk and Detox in prior seasons.

Edited by Mattipoo

Both from the "Snatch Game" episode thread:

It broke my heart when Katya was saying she's not doing that character so much on the show because it should be what she's best at, and if she fails doing that? The worst.

When Katya confessed her addictions. I gasped*. Sober for a year and a half is newly sober, hun. You're sober for a year and a half and then go do this show? For that reason, I don't know how I feel about giving her a check. Let's not have another Sharon Needle's on our hands.

Katya's so insecure. Which is a shame, because she's so damn talented and witty. I worry about her!

I love that she has a sense of humor about herself—like that workroom quip to Ru & MKD: "I'm not actually that young, I'm just ignorant." And she laughed along with the Library reads about her receding hairline. But I, too, was taken aback to learn she's newly sober. What a dangerous situation to put oneself in!

[Katya] would be the most compelling, original winner out of this group, IMO. She's arguably the most well-balanced queen this season—she's a fantastic stage performer, has a unique, absurdly hilarious sense of humor, and knows how to use visuals effectively to create character (and do sexy, albeit in an ironic way.)

She wouldn't really be like any previous winner, whereas I think Ginger has marked similarities to both Jinkx and Bianca. Katya is most similar to Alaska, but I think she's quite a bit sharper and more mature than Alaska, with broader references, and more consistent in her output.

I had always thought of Katya as a wittier Courtney Act. But I love both Alaska and Katya, so this comparison makes sense to me.

• Love 2

I think the main reason Katya isn't going to win is that she makes me think of Milk, that is someone who's drag isn't really the kind of safer, tamer, mainstream drag Drag Race is looking for but forgot to self censor the way Alaska, Detox, Willam, Sharon and even Bianca did. Which is part of why I love her, but against Ginger I don't see her making it(this is also why I think Violet could make top 3 but definitely won't win, 'fetish burlesque' while overall a bit normative in general drag is more high sexed than Drag Race likes to go).

From Katya's Tumblr, in case anyone is wondering why she's the most awesome bitch ever:

Привет Comrades!!!
So first of all, I want to say how truly touched and probed my pussy has gotten with all of your encouraging words of support!!! And I want to describe some of my feelings about Drag Race, my elimination, and the whole experience.

I had an excellent time. It was the hardest thing I’ve done, and doing it in isolation without going completely insane or falling off the wagon is in itself a major victory, regardless of the outcome. So props to you know who for that (Me! and God, or whatever)

If you think for a moment that I am bitter or salty about getting eliminated last night, let me just tell you, you are in for a treat. A delicious wonderful savory treat completely devoid of any bitter, salty flavor. I am super proud of my time on Drag Race. OBVIOUSLY, I wouldn’t have made a goddamn 11 episode web series called RuGRETS if I thought I did perfectly. No, of course, I didn’t do everything perfectly, and as a creative person with unreasonably high standards and expectations for himself, I am hardly ever satisfied with anything I do. It’s a blessing and curse–a curse, well, for my self-esteem, but a blessing, in that it constantly propels me forward.

As for the elimination, the fun of this show is that you get to talk about it, lament it, scream and shout about it from the mountain top, and hem and haw all the live long day about your fave and what you think should or should not have happened. You can call Ru crazy, say it was the season of bad decision making. That’s all fine and good! I’ve done the same thing for 6 seasons!

If you want to know Larry King’s 2 cents about it, or anything else, follow him on twitter (@kingsthings) and if you wanna know mine, here it is: I could not be happier with how the show portrayed me. That was the real me. For all this talk of shady editing, and I’m not saying people don’t get a raw deal from time to time, I am blessed that I didn’t. And as far as the challenge goes, my outfit was crappy and I lost that lip-sync. (Props where its due tho–my BFF character was off the chain) That’s just my 2 cents, and it was obviously Ru’s as well, and I certainly don’t begrudge her for that. And I certainly don’t have anything but real love, deep respect, and total affection and admiration for Kennedy for not only turning out one of the most sensational lip-sync performances of the entire series, but for being a real friend to me, a friend that I most certainly would not have ever made had I not been on the show.

I know she is a grown ass woman, and doesn’t need me to defend her ass, but it breaks my heart to see her dragged on social media, because it betrays her talent, which is undeniable. We can both be talented, and she can win the lip-sync and I can still be amazing, which I am. I know this is all part and parcel of the reality TV competition game, especially at this point in the show when the viewers don’t want to see their faves go home, but believe me, I’ve already won plenty because of this competition. And I have A LOT MORE IN STORE FOR YOU, you can drive that down to Fiorucci boulevard and sell it.

Thanks for all the love. This Russian hooker’s pussy has been overflowing with ecstatic juices all night and all day today (and all season really). See you all at the reunion, where I will be sacrificing a live chicken in honor of Miss Fame.

Love,
Katya

• Love 10

From Katya's Tumblr, in case anyone is wondering why she's the most awesome bitch ever:

She's smart, funny, grounded, self-aware, well-spoken, gracious… 

PS. Katya's Tumblr is momsgoldteeth—with links to her Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, shop, and events. She and Trixie Mattel are performing later this month in Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, and Sydney, Australia. Apparently, Willam has been added to the lineup in Sydney.

• Love 4

OMG

Q:  If they do All Stars 2 like they did the first one, who is your dream partner?

A:  Alaska

Best thing ever best thing ever! I'm opposed to teams, but I cannot imagine a team I would love more than these two.

• Love 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9aNE3id6zw

So Trixie and Katya have their own WoW show now, called "UNHhhh". There is a teaser episode (linked above), where they talk about what show they met on "Animal hoarders" "Teen mom" "Teen mom All-Stars",  and now there is a first episode, where they talk about their first impressions of each other.

If you subscribe to WOW Presents you already know about this, but if not and you like these two, go check this out!

• Love 1