Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Or they're going to do something effects-heavy or destroy it, or something like that.

Is it bad that my first thought is that they're going to explode the entire library while Belle happens to be inside? Now that would be a twist.

• Love 1
Or they're going to do something effects-heavy or destroy it, or something like that.

Very plausible. I think they might also started prep for their 100th episode. If I were a writer, I'd want as little spoilers out on that as possible.

To be fair, they do have a few exteriors built in their studio -- I think Granny's is there at least. I'm sure tight shots with the studio backgrounds are cheaper to film than dragging the whole show to Steveston. Of course, they also could be building it and then taking it on location, maybe dropping it in a forest or something.

To be fair, they do have a few exteriors built in their studio -- I think Granny's is there at least. I'm sure tight shots with the studio backgrounds are cheaper to film than dragging the whole show to Steveston. Of course, they also could be building it and then taking it on location, maybe dropping it in a forest or something.

When Ginny and Josh did their set tour, I believe they had full exteriors for Granny's and Gold's Pawn Shop. Even the shops across the street had full facades as opposed to being flat, painted backgrounds.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm surprised there isn't any Lost alumni shoehorned yet, really.

I was putting my money on Nimue but I don't remember anyone named Caroline from Lost. No worries, they'll just double up for 5B. Is Caroline the actress' name or the fake character name for Nimue?

I'm trying to think of a TV actress Caroline and the only one I can think of is Caroline Davernas?. The one in Hannibal as Alana. I could see her as Nimue I guess. Or the Nimue from BBC's Merlin.

After 24 hour without adding a new character/actor, I was starting to worry. I'm glad things are back to normal.

But Caroline/Nimue could be Hook's mom! Ok I kid but hearing that Emma, Merlin and Nimue are together makes me happy that Emma's free from propping St. Victim duty for a bit.

And they have built a replica of the front of the library in studio.

The building that is used for the external shots for the library  is for sale. Maybe they can't get access to it to do stuff dress the windows  (they used to paper up the windows before the library was open - I can't recall what they do now or if the store on the main floor is still there or not). Plus it has big "For Sale" signs on it (second floor) that they would have to CGI out.

Edited by kili

I'm trying to think of a TV actress Caroline and the only one I can think of is Caroline Davernas?. The one in Hannibal as Alana. I could see her as Nimue I guess. Or the Nimue from BBC's Merlin.

That would be nice, but if this was any moderately known tv actress like Caroline Davernas I think Larry, who's an autograph hound, would know her. I'm guessing it's just a random, non-famous Caroline...

MMR, on 17 Sept 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

I don't get why are people so surprised? This show was always about Regina's happy ending. She even said so in the Pilot ep. And the second ep of the series is Regina centric about her happy ending! It's just that the idea about what her happiness is has changed now! 

Yeah, those goal posts, they just keep moving. Bleargh!

• Love 2

Nah her happy ending is to never having to owe Emma anything even though she owes Emma way more than just this. This show is acting like Emma's never saved her ungrateful ass.

LMAO, yeah. Isn't the first time Emma saved her in episode freaking 8 of season 1? And just now she realizes she "owes" her? Whatever.

Well the LGBT story that some want is not this one, so it's not going to change anything, really.

– There is no major curse this year. The past few seasons have revolved around a gigantic curse that takes place on the town or a set of characters, and we’re happy to tell you that this year breaks tradition. Instead we find ourselves with a very interesting prophecy that leads us to unexpected places.

I have so been banking on a prophecy!

• Love 1

So it was prophecied that Emma, ye olde lightest of the light of true love would become the dark one?  Ugh.  I wonder if we'll find out that Regina, Gold or her parents knew about this the whole time, because you know it can't be just Merlin who knew about it.   **rolls eyes**  I'm guessing the thing that makes Emma go dark is that everyone else finds out about the prophecy before she does and then she thinks she's betrayed.

– There is no major curse this year. The past few seasons have revolved around a gigantic curse that takes place on the town or a set of characters, and we’re happy to tell you that this year breaks tradition. Instead we find ourselves with a very interesting prophecy that leads us to unexpected places.

It kind of is based on a major curse. Emma is cursed as the Dark One. Even though that doesn't directly affect every person in Storybrooke, it still has the potential to bring disaster.

– More enchanted objects. Unrelated to the dagger, a new and very familiar (and famous) enchanted object gets introduced this Sunday. We won’t tell you what movie it’s from but it’s by far one of the most iconic objects in Disney film history.

The rose from Beauty and the Beast.

– “We need someone wicked.”

– “At least you’re not a bear.”

– “Please go away you’re ruining my chai.”

– “…you like having a hool, maybe you’ll like another.”

Hook, Merida, Regina, and ???

It seems like they're jumping in the water fast with this premiere. Goodness knows the setup will far outmatch the execution...

Edited by KingOfHearts

Well the LGBT story that some want is not this one, so it's not going to change anything, really.

Well, not for people who have been using "We want LGBT representation" as a cover for "Either make my ship canon or you're a bigot", but for people like me, who really wanted to see Mulan happy with an awesome lady, it's gonna change a lot. Long overdue, I think.

Apparently the premiere features something so fucked up, it shocked this journalist.

• Love 3

Time to play Guess Who Said It:

“We need someone wicked.” → Hook or Robin
“At least you’re not a bear.” → Merida
“Please go away you’re ruining my chai.” → Regina
“…you like having a hook, maybe you’ll like another.” → Zelena

I'm assuming that site has no copy editor and they meant "hook" not "hool."

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1
So it was prophecied that Emma, ye olde lightest of the light of true love would become the dark one?

I've been thinking more along the lines of a prophecy heralding the destruction of the Dark One or the darkness that they might find in Camelot.

That might the reason Merlin couldn't do anything about it in the first place, because that person wasn't around yet.

They really are going to play the Hook/Regina angle.

Yay to Mulan getting a romance though even if she's probably being used to show how hypocritical some of those who are begging for LGBT representation are because they'll ignore it in the end.

It must be something involving Zelena, because you can't help think that whenever she's around.

Maybe they're just referring to that scene where Zelena's baby shoots magic at Hook. Any kind of magic that shoots out of someone's stomach region is kind of fucked up.

The fandom better start stocking up on their alcohol now.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Of course they are. And we all know how this would end, with Regina being the one that, in the end, is right about everything and to whom Emma goes to deal with the PTSD, Hook making lots of mistakes and then reduced to pretty wallpaper and Snow and Charming totally ignored.

The fandom better start stocking up on their alcohol now.

I have already started with the wine.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Or they're just putting Hook and Regina in the same basket because this fandom is batshit crazy and they know there will be some kind of shit storm they're already trying to avoid. 

Meanwhile, nothing on Snow or David. I'm a CS fan, so yeah, I want this to be about them, but can we fix the relationship between Emma and her mother? Mothers are important too!

• Love 1

Of course they are. And we all know how this would end, with Regina being the one that, in the end, is right about everything and to whom Emma goes to deal with the PTSD, Hook making lots of mistakes and then reduced to pretty wallpaper and Snow and Charming totally ignored.

I know we're cynical, but so far, since his first appearance actually, Hook has already been portrayed as quite accurate and spot on on his reading of Emma's emotions and need. It would be weird if it suddenly changed.

• Love 4

Meanwhile, nothing on Snow or David. I'm a CS fan, so yeah, I want this to be about them, but can we fix the relationship between Emma and her mother? Mothers are important too!

Especially since they're bringing in Merida, and Brave was centered around the relationship between a mother and daughter.

Can you imagine if they gave Snow the kind of scenes they give Regina now? Imagine if it was Snow in that car chase during "Lily" where Emma's driving 100mph. How great would her reaction be? Or if Snow got to go grab her bow and arrow and help shoot down the Chernabog next to Emma?

Sorry, I just really miss Season 1 Snow/Emma.

• Love 7

Jennifer Morrison has posted this pic of Emma and Merlin today.

What is Emma carrying in this pic? It seems like a heart, but it's too small.

I know we're cynical, but so far, since his first appearance actually, Hook has already been portrayed as quite accurate and spot on on his reading of Emma's emotions and need. It would be weird if it suddenly changed.

Oh, but we are talking about Regina here, A&E favourite character. The same way she is redeemed because they say so, she would understand Emma better than her parents and Hook because they say so. And, really, retconnig is something they are not afraid of. Look at what they did to Snowing last season. Edited by RadioGirl27

Weird, or right up this show's retconny alley? If if comes down to any character vs. Regina, they will ALWAYS pick Regina to look better.

• Love 1

Jennifer Morrison has posted this pic of Emma and Merlin today.

I've got nothing against using persons of color or twisting up tradition, but I really, really do not like Merlin's appearance. He looks far too young and inexperienced to be that wise Sorcerer with an apprentice and crazy power. In my honest opinion, they want way too off the mark.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
He looks far too young and inexperienced to be that wise Sorcerer with an apprentice and crazy power.

In The Sword in the Stone, Merlin was aging backward, so maybe this is him being old and wise. When he was young and inexperienced, he had gray hair and walked with a cane.

It's hard to tell from a still whether this guy has the gravitas to pull it off. The voice and bearing will make a big difference.

• Love 1

It's hard to tell from a still whether this guy has the gravitas to pull it off. The voice and bearing will make a big difference.

It may be more about the gravitas than the youthfulness. Glinda was younger and still had that "agelessly experienced" vibe to her. I don't seem to sense that quality in the photo.

Glinda was younger and still had that "agelessly experienced" vibe to her.

Really? These things are truly in the eye of the beholder.

I thought Glinda was as boring as a piece of dry toast. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3

I don't really get complaints about Merlin looking too young.  They've already said they aren't doing time travel this season, and Merlin was involved with the creation of the Dark One which happened long ago, so that means the character is actually quite old.  So he doesn't look it, so what?  Cora could shapeshift into anyone at will, they don't' even have to retcon anything to make an old Merlin appear young.  He wants to look young, he looks young, as simple as that.  The age of the actor doesn't matter in a character like this.  The actor's ability to act like a very old being in a young body is important, but we've seen absolutely nothing of this actor's performance yet so nobody has anything to base an opinion on.  I'm as cynical about this show as the next person but this feels like looking for things to complain about.

Stating a preference/opinion is not finding things to complain about. Nobody here is worked up over this issue. Jeez! 

Emma seems to be wearing that off-white dress for a lot of scenes with several different characters. I wonder what the Camelot timeline is going to be like.

Edited by Rumsy4

Really? These things are truly in the eye of the beholder. I thought Glinda was as boring as a piece of dry toast.

She was bland and dumb as a brick, but judging by her appearance alone I could still tell it was the same Glinda the Good Witch who lived eternal.

I'm as cynical about this show as the next person but this feels like looking for things to complain about.

I'm really not trying to nitpick here. This look is bothersome to me personally, and that's just my opinion on the manner.

Emma seems to be wearing that off-white dress for a lot of scenes with several different characters. I wonder what the Camelot timeline is going to be like.

These spoilers aren't stopping with the confusion are they?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Merlin sure is pretty to look at at least. I wonder if he'll be more like Merlin from the tv series or will they make him seem like he's lived a long life. Hooks 200- 300 yrs old and talks like it because it's a capable actor playing him so ill give this dude chance and not just because I'm shallow. Hee.

KingOfHearts, on 17 Sept 2015 - 9:22 PM, said:KingOfHearts, on 17 Sept 2015 - 9:22 PM, said:

"I can never be happy if I don't have my BFF back to normal! Forget Robin and Henry... I want my happy ending!"

"I don't wanna be the Savior anymore! Being the Savior sux! All these stupid, ungrateful idiots with their whining. Honestly, like it's always about them. What?"

Edited by Dianthus
  • Love 1

I don't really get complaints about Merlin looking too young.

A lot of fans had the same concern when it was announced Hook was going to be young. And then the acting changed their minds. I'll give this Merlin guy a chance, too. 

Apparently the premiere features something so fucked up, it shocked this journalist.

I think she could be talking about something Dark Swan does in the episode. Wasn't the premiere the episode where she destroyed the Beer Garden and turnerd a dwarf into stone?

• Love 1

Merlin is serious eye candy and I trust the casting department over say the clowns in the writing room. It's about the only aspect of the show that's decent, aside from the rare miscues. It's way more likely the sucky writing is going to let the actor down vs the actor is going to let the writing or role down.

I'm kind of digging these Merlin and Emma pictures. They're giving off a mentor-student vibe and I want to see him with kid Emma too. I know there was that whole super secret Caroline business but maybe Emma is "Nimue?" And I know the writers have maintained that Emma is and will remain an original character but it would make some crazy poetic sense if Lake Nostos is Nimue's lake. Charming caused the lake bed to dry up and then Snow's infertility curse was reversed by it and since Lake Nostos "returns what was" then Emma could be Nimue reincarnated. The lake also kind of connects Storybrooke to the EF and Rump used it and Snowing's true love to bring magic to LWM. Add in that Nimue might've been the first DO and Emma could be the last DO? Full circle anyone?

Or probably the more likely route and boring one is Merlin using DS to bring Nimue back to life cause he's so in lurve and all his evil deeds are done in the name of sappy cheesy true love so it's all good.

she's the one with the dagger. Just sayin'.

I've been hoping she's pulling a Rump and is giving out fake daggers like candy. Rump only bothered to make one fake copy but now there's hundreds of it out there. Wouldn't it be a hoot if White Swan is actually the evil one and she's pretending to be all nice and sweet in her white clothes and no scary makeup? And DS is the normal one faking evil, getting decked out in her goth clothes and cheap Halloween makeup cause she thinks that's what evil should look like.

• Love 2

That latest picture on the Spoiler thread looks interesting...all the guys passed out in Grannies with Regina and Zelena reaching for each other. Those look likes Hook's boots to the right of Regina. 

Let me guess...Zelena and Regina work together as sisters to save the town and free Emma? Regina was right to spare Zelena in the barn (she could be made a hero...and so would have her mother if Evil Snow had only given Cora a chance). 

Looks like their return trip. It's not clear if Regina and Zelena's expressions are BTS or actually part of the episode. It looks like they had a merry time at Oktoberfest then went to Granny's and passed out.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
Let me guess...Zelena and Regina work together as sisters to save the town and free Emma?

Except that Zelena looks like she's sneering at Regina and since we can't see Lana's face...

They're not going to turn Zelena into hero. If they do that, Regina will have zero reason to take that baby away.