Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

They said there was an Emma centric but that it had no flashbacks. If that's what's being referred to, I doubt it involves Young Emma unless it's some kind of nutty magic stuffs or a dream.

Edited by KingOfHearts

They said there was an Emma centric but that it had no flashbacks. If that's what's being referred to, I doubt it invokes Young Emma unless it's some kind of nutty magic stuffs or a dream.

I meant the fact that it also said that we are going to see Young Emma flashbacks early in the season, which means the Young Emma trailer seen on set was for Abby Ross and not for someone random and they just forgot to change the name. I remember people digging through her Instagram posts and calculating how many hours away from the OUAT set she was, and how likely it was that she had filmed, so there was some confusion.

• Love 1
I remember people digging through her Instagram posts and calculating how many hours away from the OUAT set she was, and how likely it was that she had filmed, so there was some confusion.

lol, no way! 

How would young Emma fit into this though if she were in this episode, unless Henry is somehow paralleling her with his first crush.  I don't know though...they clearly chose this episode that's Emma centric for Henry to have a little kiss from his first crush for a reason.

So far pics of Lana and Colin in front of Emma's house. Some people say JMo is there, some say she isn't. 

Emilie is there too.

I'm thinking this scene probably plays out before the carnival. The actors are dressed the same.

Is Hook driving the yellow bug now? Please tell me the show didn't deprive me of seeing either Emma, David or Belle teaching him how to drive? This show probably would.

They already showed you Henry driving, what more do you want? /sarcasm

Is Hook driving the yellow bug now? Please tell me the show didn't deprive me of seeing either Emma, David or Belle teaching him how to drive? This show probably would.

Why show it when they can easily have Hook say a 5-second throwaway line about how Emma's a great driving teacher? They're totally the same thing...

• Love 2

maybe they did successfully teach him just in Once Upon Offscreen Time.

Once Upon a Time in Offscreenville has been the far superior show for quite some time now.

So, is Hook's popped collar his new "thing" now? I didn't know if that was just a Colin thing or a Hook thing, but it looks like the collar is popped again in these new behind the scenes photos. If it's a Hook thing, I highly approve.

If it's a Hook thing, I highly approve.

I miss his high collars, so that's good enough for me right now. He had it popped in 4x04, when he walked in all preoccupied with what had happened with his hand, Gold and the Apprentice.

Maybe Henry taught Hook how to drive after Hook taught him how to sail.

ETA - There was also that time during the Shattered Sight curse.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Could Hook even drive the bug? Isn't it a stick shift? If I recall from the VW we had when I was a kid, that's a rather skinny steering wheel, not like today's cars, so I'm not sure the hook could get a good grip on it while he changed gears, though I'm sure there are ways of accommodating. Still, it would probably be an even steeper learning curve to teach someone from another world not only how to drive, but also how to drive a stick and also how to do so one-handed.

He should commandeer Rumple's car, instead. It's got to be an automatic, and he'd be good at steering something boat-sized.

Could Hook even drive the bug? Isn't it a stick shift?

It's definitely a stick shift. You'll notice that even though Henry can suddenly drive, he can't drive a stick. It's why I was laughing at the idea of Henry stealing the car in "A Curious Thing". He'd have made it five feet before he stalled out. He didn't take the bug during the Author shenanigans because Jared can't drive a stick either.

I love Dark!Emma driving her bug. Why instantly teleport when you can drive your fabulous stolen car?

I'm disappointed. She's wearing kitten heels!  I was hoping for some awesome killer heels? Are the shoes also part of the progression? Like she goes from no heels to a serious stiletto or something? 

Maybe the shoes are also showing her level of darkness which isn't that much at this point because super small heels?

So we've got Hook's Popped Collar of Angst; I approve.

Glad to see Hook and Belle hanging out, bleh at Regina being there.

Having Emma continue to drive the bug after turning dark ups the creepiness factor to me.

And I'm very late to the party, but a lot of the good spoilers come out whenever I'm busy with other stuff; I'm glad the dreamcatcher title has nothing to do with Nealfire.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Damn I just saw the heels Dark Emma's wearing. Why did I assume she'd have higher heels for this arc? I guess we should be blessed that it doesn't seem like they have her showing cleavage just because she turned heel on us.

Wherever Regina goes, I'm sure Robin will follow (or will want to follow unless he has orders to go do something).

Roland is apparently being raised by Mulan and Little John. Seriously, show. You can't make a man a single parent to a very young child and then just have him constantly running off (and spending the night) with his girlfriend. I'm still pulling for a big twist that makes Regina go all evil again where Robin is murdered by Zelena disguised as Dark!Emma. And in a continuation of Regina blaming the wrong person, she'll discover that Emma didn't do it, but not care and try to kill her and the rest of Clan Charming anyway.

• Love 5

Dark Emma driving the bug with Henry looks really creepy.

I'm still pulling for a big twist that makes Regina go all evil again where Robin is murdered by Zelena disguised as Dark!Emma.

Is it sad I want this to happen? Also... what's the ! mean on Dark!Emma?

So according to Adam in this article: “Emma is a very motivated Dark One. There’s a real driving force behind what she’s doing and why.”

I wonder what is making her so motivated & why she's doing whatever she's doing? What is Emma's main drive as the Dark One?

KingOfHearts, people sometimes use the ! just as a method of emphasizing whatever the adjective is that precedes it. Like the adjective is so important it needs an exclamation point. I saw it (and used it!) in discussion groups as far back as the X-Files fandom.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I'm also using it because there appear to be multiple versions of Emma at this point, so I feel the need to differentiate between them all. It's not just Dark One Emma, but Dark!Emma as opposed to Gray!Emma or White!Emma

• Love 3

I hope that quote means they'll address the big Dumbo in the room of why someone can't just give her a TLK. It's not like she doesn't have her own separate powers, powers that she doesn't even want anyway. But that begs the question of why the crew bothers looking for Merlin at all when they can just have Henry kiss her.

I'm getting a Darth Vader vibe. They wouldn't dare rip off Star Wars would they? As in she sees some future of dead Henry and is manipulated by Rump and/or Merlin into thinking the DO can prevent it. Of course this would all be acceptable if I got a really dead Henry in the end.

I do think her goal is to try to change the future.

• Love 1

I do think her goal is to try to change the future.

I think it's like Rumple - she wants to use her power for "good intentions" and doesn't want to lose it. She's been tempted by the darkness. Because this is "no limits" Emma, she's finally able to accomplish whatever's been in the back of her mind. There's a lot of possibilities of what her objective is.

KingOfHearts, people sometimes use the ! just as a method of emphasizing whatever the adjective is that precedes it. Like the adjective is so important it needs an exclamation point. I saw it (and used it!) in discussion groups as far back as the X-Files fandom.

Thanks for clearing that up. I always kind of knew what it was, but I wasn't sure. I didn't want to misuse it. ;)

Edited by KingOfHearts

I honestly don't know whether I came up with this theory or read part of it somewhere and my mind expounded on it. But I've toyed with the idea that they do sort of a Buffy potential-Slayer thing. Maybe Merlin tried to take all the darkness out of Camelot to make it perfect and the people all goodness, but it didn't go as planned and created a giant blob of evil. And in the end the darkness will be split back up among all the people, so nobody gets OD'd on Darkness. But the tiny bit of extra darkness that Regina gets tips her scales back into the Evil Queen mode.

I do think Emma will end up getting back her original amount of darkness that is in Lily. Perhaps that will somehow end up being the key to getting the darkness out if her.

• Love 2

If that tweeter has correctly heard Henry say "I missed this. Us. Operation 《whatever》"

That does seem to indicate a time jump since Operation Mongoose was wrapped up what seemed like a few hours before Emma took on the darkness. No idea whether the bulk of that time passed in finding Camelot or in Camelot. This story line is already hurting my heart. Feel so bad for Emma and her loved ones. They've already lost so much time with each other.

• Love 2

I think they'll do the time jump right between the moment the dagger is picked up and Hook tries to summon Emma and the scene right after.  Zelena is still slated to give birth to her baby sometime in 5B, so 6-7 months will have to have passed into 5B.

It's not like she doesn't have her own separate powers, powers that she doesn't even want anyway. But that begs the question of why the crew bothers looking for Merlin at all when they can just have Henry kiss her.

My understanding is that a TLK takes them right back to where they started with the goop flying all over the place trying to destroy everything, so they would still have to tether to someone.

I'm not entirely convinced that this this won't end with Emma going under some sort of sleeping curse.

• Love 1

I wonder what is making her so motivated & why she's doing whatever she's doing? What is Emma's main drive as the Dark One?

I think Emma's main drive will be to get rid of the Dark One Curse once and for all. I could see Emma convincing herself that as long as she's the Dark One, everyone else is better off because she's the best person to control the darkness and defeat it, instead of someone like Rumple, Zelena, or Regina. But the longer she remains the Dark One, the more it takes control of her.

I'm not entirely convinced that this this won't end with Emma going under some sort of sleeping curse.

Well, there's still that freaking Chekhov's Sleeping Curse Needle that was introduced way back in 3B and then the writers laughed when an interviewer asked if we'd ever see it again(TS;TW...) But hey, maybe now that they retconned Zelena back into the picture, they'll remember they introduced that sleeping curse and actually use some in-show continuity instead of bringing in a new deus ex machina magical item. 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2
Well, there's still that freaking Chekhov's Sleeping Curse Needle that was introduced way back in 3B and then the writers laughed when an interviewer asked if we'd ever see it again. (TS;TW...) But hey, maybe now that they retconned Zelena back into the picture, they'll remember they introduced that sleeping curse and actually use some in-show continuity instead of bringing in a new deus ex machina magical item.

I don't know if it comes back in the form of the needle since Regina apparently knows how to mix whatever to make a sleeping curse.  I've just been wondering if it's not something that will have to happen to basically pull the darkness out of her without killing her since I'm guessing the Apprentice did bite the dust after shortly after Emma pulled the goop out of him.

Although Rumple didn't die, so different characters, different outcomes and all.

A bit late, but I find the fact that DarkEmma is still driving the bug quite ridiculous. I get why A&E want to keep the bug, but it makes no sense.

Oh, and I guess that whatever happens that is heartbreaking has to do with Henry. 

Oh, and I guess that whatever happens that is heartbreaking has to do with Henry. 

No offense to Jared, but I couldn't care less about what happens to Henry at this point, so I really hope the big emotional moment isn't focused on his character.

• Love 3

No offense to Jared, but I couldn't care less about what happens to Henry at this point, so I really hope the big emotional moment isn't focused on his character.

Probably is though.  Everyone on here knows how much I dislike (hate is more appropriate) Henry. Now Emma is the Dark One, he actually misses "them".  Henry has a Savior wanna be hero complex. 

• Love 3

Oh yeah. I don't care about him (and he used to be my favourite in season 1), but I think that the fact that he is filming so much for this episode means that he is going to be important in whatever happens with Emma.

If he says something hurtful towards her that sends her to the Darkside while cheer leading his other mom I will be hella pissed. I don't really hate Henry but I just don't care for him. He's only there for me because Emma doesn't deserve to lose him.

• Love 3

Would that blow up social media though? I would assume the heartbreaker has more to do with the couples. Even though it would upset some, I don't think a lot of people care about Henry as much as they do about the Big Four.

Honestly? I think the new writer is overenthusiastic. Maybe she doesn't know that some people (me) will actively root for the demise of the truest believer.

I would be standing next to you cheering on with popcorn.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Wouldn't it blow up twitter because a kid ends up dead? Or some Ugly Ducklings will be pissed on behalf of Emma or the SQers will rage because they could no longer use "They share a son." as an excuse as to why they belong together? lol

Please let Henry die. Please let Henry die. May the soap gods see this.

Then Dark Swan can go dark cause she's trying to resurrect dead Henry (and she probably caused his death) and it would align nicely with Rump/Bae  and we all know how much they hate writing new material.

They'll probably resurrect him for the very special 100th episode but even a 5 episode break is better than nothing.

I think they'll do the time jump right between the moment the dagger is picked up and Hook tries to summon Emma and the scene right after.  Zelena is still slated to give birth to her baby sometime in 5B, so 6-7 months will have to have passed into 5B.

But Zelena is still not showing when she goes to Camelot. I think they'll make the birth for the 100th episode, along with OQ wedding and the new villain of the half-season shows up to curse them as a copy of the pilot. That way they can have an excuse to bring back all the Disney characters, for the purpose of name dropping ,when they show up to pay homage to the great epic love that is OQ.

Given the way Emma is dressing in SB, I'd say she's already gone pretty dark. Does that mean she's not Full Dark yet? But why would Hook be resisting her advances if she wasn't full dark yet? I feel like the Emma in SB is full dark, and we'll see how that happened in flashback.

Is it possible Henry rejects Emma over something she might confide in him?

And the whole clothes and hair dictating where Emma is on the scale of "villainy" is plain weird in a way. I mean does she wake up in the morning and looks at her clothes and is all like well, today, I'm feeling mildly villainous, so black and grey plaid it is!

I don't think she's that far gone or gone or whatever. If she was there's no way Regina is dropping Henry off or Henry is there with her.  Plus, I still think that Emma being in Storybrooke is what dictates her appearance.

And the whole clothes and hair dictating where Emma is on the scale of "villainy" is plain weird in a way.

Speaking of which, did they hire a new makeup person? Or they just got better with practice? In the latest pictures she looks pretty normal. The eyebrows aren't white or at least they don't look white to me and there is no noticeable demarcation line for where the makeup ends. I still shudder at the premiere filming pictures where you can clearly see where the face paint ends around the outer edges of her face. And the hair doesn't look like it's been slathered in Elmer's glue.

Edited by LizaD
  • Love 1