Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I always assumed this silly show would end with Emma celebrating her 34th birthday (she's a yr older than me. Sheesh.) with her blowing out multiple candles on a cake made by Granny. Her surrounded by her loved ones but with how this show can't seem to write an emotional scene I'm glad it's Emma and Hook riding off into the sunset getting ready to solve crimes. I'm assuming David has quit the force where he was never voted to be the sheriff of. 

Imma need someone to write a fanfic of this to be honest. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, mjgchick said:

I always assumed this silly show would end with Emma celebrating her 34th birthday (she's a yr older than me. Sheesh.) with her blowing out multiple candles on a cake made by Granny. Her surrounded by her loved ones but with how this show can't seem to write an emotional scene I'm glad it's Emma and Hook riding off into the sunset getting ready to solve crimes. I'm assuming David has quit the force where he was never voted to be the sheriff of. 

That house Snowing filmed at today was at a farm, apparently. Maybe he's raising sheep.

6 minutes ago, mjgchick said:

I always assumed this silly show would end with Emma celebrating her 34th birthday (she's a yr older than me. Sheesh.) with her blowing out multiple candles on a cake made by Granny. Her surrounded by her loved ones but with how this show can't seem to write an emotional scene I'm glad it's Emma and Hook riding off into the sunset getting ready to solve crimes.

We don't have to rule that one out just yet, since it would be interior filming that wouldn't be reported on.

Also, given Emma's classic red jacket being used and Henry in a sling, then this means the Emma/Regina/Henry scene was early in the episode and was either a flashback or some sort of fantasy Henry was having in his hospitalized state.  I'm personally betting on the latter given the timing.

Edited by Mathius

I've seen some speculation that they could be filming multiple endings. A happy one if they're canceled, Emma leaving town alone for some stupid reason if there's a S7.

I could see that happening for sure. Just like Castle. It would also mean they're still not sure if they're coming back. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Souris said:

I've seen some speculation that they could be filming multiple endings. A happy one if they're canceled, Emma leaving town alone for some stupid reason if there's a S7.

But that makes no sense since, again, it's been said multiple times now that they are wrapping up the narrative here regardless of renewal.

S7 does not need a cliffhanger to make happen, if it happens it will be a reboot that starts an entirely new narrative as if it were a new show.

Basically, this was always going to be written like a close-ended series finale.  If there's a renewal, they start a new story.  If not, no big loss.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Mathius said:

But that makes no sense since, again, it's been said multiple times now that they are wrapping up the narrative here regardless of renewal.

S7 does not need a cliffhanger to make happen, if it happens it will be a reboot that starts an entirely new narrative as if it were a new show.

Basically, this was always going to be written like a close-ended series finale.  If there's a renewal, they start a new story.  If not, no big loss.

But a new story doesn't necessarily mean no Storybrooke or all new characters.  I think if it's  still Once there would be a little carry over.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, mjgchick said:

She hired the hubby as Deputy Jones. lol

Fitting for a department whose slogan seems to be "To Protect and....eh, Whatever. We'll Get To You Eventually." Have they ever successfully solved a crime, caught a bad guy and held on to them, or seen anyone convicted?

ETA: Nothing screams "Excellence In Law Enforcement" like hiring your husband - a known murderer - and then driving around "solving crimes" together in a stolen VW Bug. 

Sweet that they're throwing CS fans that bone at the likely end, but yeah, as an old-time Snowing and Rumbelle fan, sitting here after five or six seasons of huge nothingburgers: F**k you, Adam and Eddy.

9 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Full cast minus RB plus Gideon filming in Steveston tonight.

Even I'm a little surprised that Rumbelle isn't at least on set for the "Final Battle."

Edited by Amerilla
  • Love 4

Whiny Rumbelle baby as the Big Bad of the final season is something nobody would have expected. lol

No, the Black Fairy is the Big Bad.  Gideon's just a tool, in all senses of the word.

Nothing screams "Excellence In Law Enforcement" like hiring your husband - a known murderer - and then driving around "solving crimes" together in a stolen VW Bug. 

Hey, this is the town that still allows a genocidal war criminal to be their mayor, who granted amnesty to her previously incarcerated murderous sister just because they made up.  Corruption seems to be just the way things go there.  No wonder Storybrooke seems emptier than it did in the first few seasons, most of its sensible citizens probably ran away across the town line whenever they had the chance. 

as an old-time Snowing and Rumbelle fan, sitting here after five or six seasons of huge nothingburgers: F**k you, Adam and Eddy.

Snowing seems to be getting a new house/farm, at least.  Rumbelle...yeah, I got nothing.  It's obvious that Rumple's going to die in place of his son, who will probably get de-aged, and Belle having her child back to raise will be her happy ending.

Even I'm a little surprised that Rumbelle isn't at least on set for the "Final Battle."

They might show up tonight, since they'll still be filming it then.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 3

Yea, I could care less if we have a Emma/Hook wedding and leaving town together or staying or whatever. I like them okay, but have always thought Emma should end the series as it started, single, but with her family and friends and happy being single..for now. I dislike the message that any character needs a romantic relationship to be happy. Also, while I like the actor and he does fine in the part...I just don't see Emma being attracted to a skinny pretty boy with eyeliner...(not to mention he is about as believable as a pirate as Prince Charming is a skilled warrior...but...this show...) His character just screams, Harlequin Romance fantasy scrubbed up version of a pirate.  But then, I always thought Snow and Charming were supporting characters not the main couple and think the show has actually shoe horned them into the plot just for them to be there.

I would much rather all the loose ends be tied up...with flashes of all the minor characters getting happy endings too, (like Aunt Em being released from Hell, the Scarecrow getting his brains back and whatever happened to Lancelot, he is alive or dead???what happened to that Will Scarlet guy, where is Tink, where is Jefferson...) and why are they doing all of this in the last episode while we have been wasting time with the Land of Untold Stories, and whatever the hell is going on with this genie crap and Rump's son (the most ridiculous villain ever..) and going back to Neverland with this Tiger Lily broad or whatever the hell they are doing. Just plan the story out and give the characters room to breathe and no more new characters. Let the story gorw and lets the audience enjoy the last string of stories.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I would much rather all the loose ends be tied up...with flashes of all the minor characters getting happy endings too, (like Aunt Em being released from Hell, the Scarecrow getting his brains back and whatever happened to Lancelot, he is alive or dead???what happened to that Will Scarlet guy, where is Tink, where is Jefferson...)

We don't need to know where Jefferson is, he's one of the few characters who had a perfectly good wrap-up, reuniting with his daughter. 

Whether he's still in Storybrooke or if the second Dark Curse left him behind in the EF, we know he and Grace are back together and happy.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mitch said:

why are they doing all of this in the last episode while we have been wasting time with the Land of Untold Stories, and whatever the hell is going on with this genie crap and Rump's son

Yeah, this is my biggest issue. It's nice and all that they finally seem to be getting around to giving these people happy endings, but they should have been including happy nuggets like this along the way the entire time. It's like they're saying, "Well, for 100 episodes, things were absolutely depressing and terrible for these characters, but as long as the final 10-minute montage is super sappy and happy, then that proves happy endings are possible." Okay, maybe...but was it worth dragging the audience through depressing story lines just to get 10 minutes of payoff after six years of being invested in the show?

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Curio said:

Yeah, this is my biggest issue. It's nice and all that they finally seem to be getting around to giving these people happy endings, but they should have been including happy nuggets like this along the way the entire time. It's like they're saying, "Well, for 100 episodes, things were absolutely depressing and terrible for these characters, but as long as the final 10-minute montage is super sappy and happy, then that proves happy endings are possible." Okay, maybe...but was it worth dragging the audience through depressing story lines just to get 10 minutes of payoff after six years of being invested in the show?

And dragging us through stuff that doesn't mean crap or amount to anything. What the hell was the point of the balloon and all those characters we could care less about...what was the point of Agrablah and Aladdin and whatsherface that we saw every four episodes and had not connection to the rest of the show? Why bring up the Black Fairy so late in the game and this dumb thing with Rump's kid? Why didnt they pick one out and stick with it and make it interesting and have it make a connection to what came before......(They could have introduced the Black Fairy in the last episode last season and if they wanted to drag the EQ in have her grant Regina's wish, so she splits the two...and then we get done with that in two episodes and move on to her big plan...)

19 minutes ago, Mathius said:

We don't need to know where Jefferson is, he's one of the few characters who had a perfectly good wrap-up, reuniting with his daughter. 

Whether he's still in Storybrooke or if the second Dark Curse left him behind in the EF, we know he and Grace are back together and happy.

Okay, like the Outlaw Queen fans and the Hook/Emma fans, I can never get enough of seeing my sweet pouty drama queen Jefferson..hopefully he found a nice guy to settle down with to raise Grace... : )

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Hey, this is the town that still allows a genocidal war criminal to be their mayor, who granted amnesty to her previously incarcerated murderous sister just because they made up.  Corruption seems to be just the way things go there.  No wonder Storybrooke seems emptier than it did in the first few seasons, most of its sensible citizens probably ran away across the town line whenever they had the chance. 

You make some excellent points. 

• Love 1

So I've got a person that was at filming last night that kind of spilled the beans.

The person Gideon is fighting is not Emma. It IS Emma in the looks department, but it's a Cora. More specifically Regina as Emma fights Gideon.

Regina according to a bunch of people on set is going to die in the finale, as will Rumple. Her and Emma get into a heated argument before the battle. Cause Emma is still fated to die while Regina is not so she has more of a chance to beat Gideon then she does. Plus we've been seeing this season on multiple occasions that Regina can miraculously swordfight.

It kind of matches cause Lana did tweet #longliveRegina out of nowhere.

Edited by cappoe

@cappoe, I wish I could believe you, but I don't see any way A&E would allow Regina to stay permanently dead. Although, maybe that's the whole reason why they split Regina in two, so at least one part of her has a happy ending.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Curio said:

@cappoe, I wish I could believe you, but I don't see any way A&E would allow Regina to stay permanently dead. Although, maybe that's the whole reason why they split Regina in two, so at least one part of her has a happy ending.

Who says her other half won't get a happy ending. Sure EQ gets wish realm Robin but of Refin does she can be reunited with her Robin.

3 minutes ago, Curio said:

I wish I could believe you, but I don't see any way A&E would allow Regina to stay permanently dead. Although, maybe that's the whole reason why they split Regina in two, so at least one part of her has a happy ending.

Dead Is Only Dead If You're Neal. Everyone else is only ever just Mostly Dead.

I can see them giving Rumpel and Regina sacrificial deaths because they could figure out a way to bring Lana back if they get a new season. But Regina has to end the series as a "hero," so sacrificing herself to save the town/Emma/Henry fits the repetitive pattern of arc finales. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Amerilla said:

Dead Is Only Dead If You're Neal.

Or Graham.

But Regina has to end the series as a "hero," so sacrificing herself to save the town/Emma/Henry fits the repetitive pattern of arc finales. 

It would be a fitting ending for her character to end the series like that, but I can't help but feel like A&E will chicken out at the last second because they'll be too afraid of the backlash they'll get from the Evil Regal fandom if they do kill Regina off. I can already see Adam responding to a bunch of Twitter responses saying, "But Regina and Robin are happy in the Wish Realm! She gets a happy ending and gets to be a martyr! She gets to have everything!" But that still won't be good enough for the Regina fans. And even though A&E claim they don't write the show based on audience feedback, they do in certain cases. 

• Love 2

Dead Regina could explain the sappy moment between Emma and Henry. And we could definitely still have the evil queen. Reset the show in the wish realm with Regina and Robin and whatever craziness you find there. She could make old Hook new again with a wave of her hand. Bring in Tiger Lily as the new love interest while JMo may ride off or drop in occasionally as a princess. It would be a reset without a reboot. And by starting with a new realm, you could promote it in a way to get new fans in.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1

It's an interesting possibility, but this report directly contradicts others that say Gideon is the one that gets stabbed. Not to mention Regina is standing there watching as Henry, Hook and David help Emma up from the ground. So is Emma Cora-Ed to look like Regina? I think this scenario sounds like wishful thinking from one fandom...

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

It's an interesting possibility, but this report directly contradicts others that say Gideon is the one that gets stabbed. Not to mention Regina is standing there watching as Henry, Hook and David help Emma up from the ground. So is Emma Cora-Ed to look like Regina? I think this scenario sounds like wishful thinking from one fandom...

Well, what if Gideon does get stabbed, but Regina dies in another way?

Nope.  Not going to believe it until I see it.  Killing off Rumple is one thing, but Regina?  A&E would never do that.

Unless of course not getting a S7 made them change things just to give Regina one last super-duper-awesome-heroic-sacrificial moment.

But again, I'll only believe it when I see it, or see actual visible proof.  And if Lana films today for the ending sequence, we'll know for certain.

Also, if Robert Carlyle does NOT show up tonight, then I'm assuming that Gideon did indeed kill Rumple and he's now the new Dark One.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2

Also, I'm assuming the scene where Emma and Regina walk Henry to the bus with forehead kisses is part of the happy ending montage at the very end (I wouldn't put it past them to have this be the very last scene).

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

Also, I'm assuming the scene where Emma and Regina walk Henry to the bus with forehead kisses is part of the happy ending montage at the very end (I wouldn't put it past them to have this be the very last scene).

No, it's apparently an early scene of 6x22, plus Emma is wearing a different jacket and Henry doesn't have a cast.  

I think it's related to Henry being in a hospitalized state, like a flashback or a fantasy he's having.

It looks like Emma goes down, Henry TLKs her, she gets up and everybody hugs.

While a TLK from Henry would be a good call-back in reverse to 1x22, it would only be needed if Emma was cursed, not just gone down.

Also, we have no idea at this point how much kissing and hugging is the characters, and how much is the actors.

Edited by Mathius
1 minute ago, Mathius said:

No, it's apparently an early scene of 6x22, plus Emma is wearing a different jacket and Henry doesn't have a cast.  

The spoilers for that scene said it was Scene 53, so that would be near the end of an episode.  I do think it's a fantasy/dream sequence, though.

1 minute ago, Souris said:

The spoilers for that scene said it was Scene 53, so that would be near the end of an episode.  I do think it's a fantasy/dream sequence, though.

A&E wrote both parts of the finale as one big movie, so I think it's the 53rd scene of the entire thing, which would put it toward the start of 6x22.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mathius said:

While a TLK from Henry would be a good call-back in reverse to 1x22, it would only be needed if Emma was cursed, not just gone down.

Before she goes down, it looks like she has her arms extended out at her sides like she's being magically "electrocuted" or something. A spell perhaps? Her Savior-ness leaving her body?

3 minutes ago, Serena said:

I don't believe the Regina dying spoilers, but it entertained me for a minute, which is more than can be said for the show, so good job!

Same! It's a lovely and fitting thought, but I don't buy it at all.

Ah, OK.  That was a few days ago, and she would have had the 6x22 script by then since they were filming the episode...

But again, I'm going to need hard, solid proof before I even begin to entertain the notion of Regina dying.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Souris said:

Maybe it has to do with Regina dying and Henry being able to say goodbye to her?

Emma isn't dying though, that much is clear from what people saw last night. 

Edited by cappoe
4 minutes ago, cappoe said:

Emma isn't dying though, that much is clear from what people saw last night. 

That's already obvious from the daytime filming they did, which is clearly for the day after the battle in the episode, which transpires at night.

Also, it was obvious due to common logic: these writers are bad, but even they won't write a story where it's hyped up "Emma is fated to die!" and then...she dies at the end.  No twist, no changing her fate, she just dies.  Even for them, that would be atrocious storytelling.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Also, it was obvious due to common logic: these writers are bad, but even they won't write a story where it's hyped up "Emma is fated to die!" and then...she dies at the end.  No twist, no changing her fate, she just dies.  Even for them, that would be atrocious storytelling.

And it wouldn't be a Shocking! Twist! so we can't have that. The resolution has to come out of the blue and be a total surprise.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Mathius said:

That's already obvious from the daytime filming they did, which is clearly for the day after the battle in the episode, which transpires at night.

I think the ending is Hook and Emma riding off into the sunset with the siren on the bug going to fight crime. That's the best ending.

I'm not sure about Regina disguised as Emma fighting Gideon and dying. It doesn't seem like something A&E would do.  Besides, there were reports of Gideon being the one who is stabbed.

2 minutes ago, cappoe said:

I think the ending is Hook and Emma riding off into the sunset with the siren on the bug going to fight crime. That's the best ending.

Agree

So I should probably withhold comment until after tonight’s filming, but I really hope that the “Final Battle” we’ve been leading up to for six seasons doesn’t turn out to be a one minute sword fight between Emma & Gideon while everyone else stands around and/or is frozen. To me that would be incredibly lame. I guess I thought it would be more like part magic fight (with Rumple, Gideon, Black Fairy vs. Emma, Regina, Zelena, & maybe Blue) with the non-magic people maybe providing physical support with swords, guns, etc. Anyway I guess we’ll see – maybe tonight will reveal it to be something much more epic.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

maybe tonight will reveal it to be something much more epic.

Well, tonight there's supposed to be "lighting effects" in addition to "atmospheric smoke", so we're probably getting some magic thrown around.

Edited by Mathius
9 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

So I should probably withhold comment until after tonight’s filming, but I really hope that the “Final Battle” we’ve been leading up to for six seasons doesn’t turn out to be a one minute sword fight between Emma & Gideon while everyone else stands around and/or is frozen. To me that would be incredibly lame. I guess I thought it would be more like part magic fight (with Rumple, Gideon, Black Fairy vs. Emma, Regina, Zelena, & maybe Blue) with the non-magic people maybe providing physical support with swords, guns, etc. Anyway I guess we’ll see – maybe tonight will reveal it to be something much more epic.

Right? I need Charming and Hook sword fighting some henchmen at the same time Emma is magic-battling the Black Fairy. Regina and Zelena can throw fireballs at Gideon and Jafar and Snow can shoot arrows at some other henchman. Please, please, please don't let the non-magical folk sit it out, because that reinforces the show's message that you're worthless in a fight unless you have magic. So of course it'll just be magical people fighting each other.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Curio said:

Right? I need Charming and Hook sword fighting some henchmen at the same time Emma is magic-battling the Black Fairy. Regina and Zelena can throw fireballs at Gideon and Jafar and Snow can shoot arrows at some other henchman. Please, please, please don't let the non-magical folk sit it out, because that reinforces the show's message that you're worthless in a fight unless you have magic. So of course it'll just be magical people fighting each other.

Yes to all of this! I want an epic throw down that includes everyone using their unique skills! Then we get the happily ever after montage to close it out.

• Love 3

So, we're basically repeating the exact same scene we've already seen earlier from the midseason finale and the other numerous times we've seen flashes of it in Emma's visions...

I really hope this isn't the final "epic battle."

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Curio said:

So, we're basically repeating the exact same scene we've already seen earlier from the midseason finale and the other numerous times we've seen flashes of it in Emma's visions...

I really hope this isn't the final "epic battle."

They're filming more tonight with smoke effects, so maybe last night was just part of the battle.

17 minutes ago, Curio said:

And that's just a variation on almost every other finale battle -- two characters face off while surrounded by all the other characters, who are standing around frozen or otherwise doing nothing.

• Love 4