Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Blood Bath

• Start Topic

It actually pisses me off that Ryan Murphy has made all the seasons connected. He just has a habit of jumping shows later down the season. *cough glee, *cough Nip/Tuck

I just feel betyral for some reason the more I think about this.

1. It doens't make sense AT ALL. Just the timeline alone, once the character dies in Asylum do they just go back in time and live in Freak Show? Only to die again? At least Coven was set in modern day and you can somewhat translate recarination but for Freak Show and Aslyum they are just to close together.

2. People have theorize the therapist was the Doctor from Asylum, I hope not. The way he was acting it didn't fit with his canon character on Asylum.

3. I don't mind small cameo from past shows just don't make it all connected part of a major story.

4. Does Murder House have any connection? It feels like Asylum and Coven are connected to Freak Show and Murder House is the only stand alone season. Heck they only have 3 cast members to return, I really miss the two characters (The mom and dad) they were at least more interesting and complex then the twins. To me it seems like Sarah Paulson has this major Mary sue powers; I didn't mind it in Aslyum because she was new and so was the character. But her Mary Sue character really shined through ever since Conven and Freak Show and I'm really tired of her and Jessica Lange wanting other stronger characters to take the spot light.

5. As much as Coven annoyed me with it's numerous drop storylines at least it interested me! This ep was just blah, blah, blah.

It actually pisses me off that Ryan Murphy has made all the seasons connected. He just has a habit of jumping shows later down the season. *cough glee, *cough Nip/Tuck

I just feel betyral for some reason the more I think about this.

1. It doens't make sense AT ALL. Just the timeline alone, once the character dies in Asylum do they just go back in time and live in Freak Show? Only to die again? At least Coven was set in modern day and you can somewhat translate recarination but for Freak Show and Aslyum they are just to close together.

4. Does Murder House have any connection? It feels like Asylum and Coven are connected to Freak Show and Murder House is the only stand alone season. Heck they only have 3 cast members to return, I really miss the two characters (The mom and dad) they were at least more interesting and complex then the twins. To me it seems like Sarah Paulson has this major Mary sue powers; I didn't mind it in Aslyum because she was new and so was the character. But her Mary Sue character really shined through ever since Conven and Freak Show and I'm really tired of her and Jessica Lange wanting other stronger characters to take the spot light.

1) no. The only 2 characters who are the Same across Asylum and Freakshow are Pepper and the nun. 

4) yes, Ryan said that in some way, all seasons connected. I think in some cases it's as easy as a person from one season being a descendant of another character in another season.

Murder House did have a lot of ghosts from various time periods, so it's feasible that they could show up in a future season that's set from anytime between the Victorian period to now.

I never knew Thredson's actual age, which is why I said it was either a very young Thredson, or Thredson's mentor. In the latter case, and if the psychiatrist is shown again, a wider shot of the office could show an intern Thredson in the background or something of that nature.

Could be, and also tv shows are often notorious for their bad timelines and totally ignoring characters' real ages.

• Love 1

Could the doctor be the character played by James Cromwell instead? Perhaps like Elsa Mars, he came to Florida from Nazi Germany and was working in Neptune during the "Freak Show" timeline, after which he moved to Briarcliff for "Asylum".

Edited by Mattipoo

Was Ryan Murphy specific re: what he meant when he said that the first four seasons are all connected?

If not, I wouldn't interpret his statement to mean that all of the seasons share characters. It could just mean that some themes appear on multiple seasons.

Loved how Elsa couldn't be bothered to be too frightened by Ethel's gun. "Honey, I somehow survived having my legs chainsawed off--guns do nothing." She's a survivor, more then any of her "children", which is one reason she sees herself as deserving of their worship as their "savior."  She picked up this and that piece--Ethel's mention of leaving a letter for Jimmy and so on--and she and Stanley managed to engineer a scenario that was just enough to be believed.

Elsa's just a catchy stage name away from being a Batman villain at this point: tragic and medically unlikely backstory, pathological need for attention, wears outré outfits and makeup by the trowel-ful, deadly knife-throwing skills, has a ring of freakshow performers as minions...

• Love 3