Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

The title is "Cause and XS", and while I don't mind the pun, it's just that they kind of used this title already in season 3 ("Cause and Effects").

23 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

5.14 description

"IRIS’S LIFE IS THREATENED — After Iris (Candice Patton) lands in serious danger, Nora (Jessica Parker Kennedy) races to save her mother. Barry (Grant Gustin) puts the finishing touches on the metahuman cure, leaving Cisco (Carlos Valdes) with a rare night off so he decides to take Kamilla (guest star Victoria Park) on a date. Rachel Talalay directed the episode written by Todd Helbing & Jeff Hersh (#514). Original airdate 2/12/2019."

Wooo! Iris and Nora got the A-plot. And another potentially Barry-lite episode because of Grant's wedding. I'd normally be more excited for Helbing writing, but he's been disappointing lately.

Glad for a subplot for Cisco. Just annoyed that it took so long for him to get to do something outside the lab (without another Team Flash member).

Wow... they're letting Barry do science again?! Yay #letbarrybesmart2019. I'm guessing that Barry's not involved with Iris and Nora because he'll be unaware of the situation. I'll bet he'll be in the North Pole lab and no one can contact him.

The only thing I'm worried about is where all the other characters will be placed in the plots (because even irrelevant characters need their screentime, apparently); and how they explain why Cisco didn't help with whatever situation Iris is in.

• Love 1

I don't think this is really a spoiler, but I suppose if they're letting Hartley talk about this, it might be coming soon?

'Will The Flash Introduce Sue Dibny as Ralph's Love Interest?'

"We're working our way towards [a love interest]," Sawyers said. "He has to work on himself a little more before that really comes in, but he's done a lot of work on himself. If that had come in last year, I mean how would that have turned out for him? He was not ready for anything like that. He's sort of worked the kinks out of his system, where he's going to be ready for that very, very soon. I'm excited for that."

"I love how he's progressed. The way he is now is sort of the way that I really saw the character being, but we wanted to start him where we started him last year so that we had all this space for him to grow and take him on this arc," Sawyer said, casually throwing around the word jackass in regards to Ralph's previous persona. "He didn't have community, he didn't have family before we met him on the show, and he's very grateful to have that. I think that's more important to him than anything."

The thing is, Hartley's been teasing this since the summer ... but only him. Helbing has been telling him 'yeah, Sue is coming' since last season, but how committed is he to a new love interest for a side character? They're only just now starting this thing with Cisco and Kamilla. Are they going to be writing two supporting romances? At the same time? Because I don't think the current writing room is up for it.

Edited by Trini
typos, booo
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, adora721 said:

Please tell me that doesn't mean he's in Icicle's lab alone with Caitlin. 

That's exactly what it means. They are giving SBs a Barry-and-Caitlin-breathe-the-same-air episode when the A plot is about Iris being in danger. Gotta love the irony. Maybe Barry will pat Iris on the back when he comes back. Hugging her would be too scandalous.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, adora721 said:

Please tell me that doesn't mean he's in Icicle's lab alone with Caitlin. 

2 hours ago, Starry said:

That's exactly what it means. They are giving SBs a Barry-and-Caitlin-breathe-the-same-air episode when the A plot is about Iris being in danger. Gotta love the irony. Maybe Barry will pat Iris on the back when he comes back. Hugging her would be too scandalous.

Not necessarily. If those lab scenes are to reduce Grant's scenes in the episode, it doesn't seem likely that Caitlin will be in them. In the last episode, KF was working with The Flash while Cisco was working on the cure in the lab so she might be helping Nora save Iris while Barry works on the cure. Besides, the show can't account for the delusions of a segment of fans when it writes its stories. The fans who peddle the Caitlin/Barry pairing see romance when they stand in the same room.

7 hours ago, Trini said:

I don't think this is really a spoiler, but I suppose if they're letting Hartley talk about this, it might be coming soon?

'Will The Flash Introduce Sue Dibny as Ralph's Love Interest?'

The thing is, Hartley's been teasing this since the summer ... but only him. Helbing has been telling him 'yeah, sue is coming' since last season, but how committed are he to a new love interest for a side character? They're only just now starting this thing with Cisco and Kamilla. Are they going to be writing two supporting romances? At the same time? Because I don't think the current writing room is up for it.

Do we know Cisco's romance with Kamilla is going any where? Is the actress scheduled to make more appearances? Or is it just a brief romance?  I rather Cisco get an established romance before Ralph, but Ralph is the bigger comic character with a canonical romance.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Not necessarily. If those lab scenes are to reduce Grant's scenes in the episode, it doesn't seem likely that Caitlin will be in them. In the last episode, KF was working with The Flash while Cisco was working on the cure in the lab so she might be helping Nora save Iris while Barry works on the cure. Besides, the show can't account for the delusions of a segment of fans when it writes its stories. The fans who peddle the Caitlin/Barry pairing see romance when they stand in the same room.

Actually, I've just read an interesting theory. Maybe it's future Iris that will be in danger, possibly because of something that Eobard does, and Nora has to go save her. That's why Barry won't be involved, because he's still in the dark about Nora's secret alliance with Eobard.

Now that I think about it, if Barry was working on the cure with Caitlin she would have been mentioned in the synopsis. But let's pretend for a second that Barry and Caitlin are working together, filming those scenes doesn't require much time because there are no stunts involved. They would still be accomodating Grant's absence. Also, the writers are not writing SB romance scenes but they are aware that a portion of the fandom is happy when they share screen time. The illogical/nonsensical conclusions they come to any time Barry and Caitlin are in the same frame are of no concern to them. A writer wouldn't care if some fans see something that it's not there. As long as they keep watching they will be finding reasons to give them crumbs. OTF is not canon either but there have been enough Barry/Caitlin/Cisco only team-ups to keep their fans interested.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starry said:

Actually, I've just read an interesting theory. Maybe it's future Iris that will be in danger, possibly because of something that Eobard does, and Nora has to go save her. That's why Barry won't be involved, because he's still in the dark about Nora's secret alliance with Eobard.

Maybe it is future Iris, but it does seem more like a follow up to episode 13 where Iris is in danger while investigating Cicada. We know that he is now focused on Nora so If he realizes that Iris has a connection to her, he might kidnap Iris to lure Nora into a trap. We have seen the show do this before with Snark and Mick kidnapping Caitlin, Turtle kidnapping Patty, and even Grodd kidnapping Harry. 

19 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Do we know Cisco's romance with Kamilla is going any where? Is the actress scheduled to make more appearances? Or is it just a brief romance?  I rather Cisco get an established romance before Ralph, but Ralph is the bigger comic character with a canonical romance.

So far we know that Kamilla is in two episodes. It may be brief, which is fine. My point was that if there's a Cisco romance subplot in an episode, they're probably not going to also have a Ralph romance subplot; so since she's here for a few episodes, that possibly pushes back Ralph/Sue. But I could be wrong.

Ralph/Sue should be a bigger deal, but so far there's been no indication that's happening yet, from the show or from the showrunners. Only from Hartley.

19 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Besides, the show can't account for the delusions of a segment of fans when it writes its stories. The fans who peddle the Caitlin/Barry pairing see romance when they stand in the same room.

Barry's the lead, and every one else is supporting, so he's going to have scenes with Caitlin (or whoever) anyway. They don't care about "SBs", if the writing of the past 4 seasons haven't already shown that.

15 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Maybe it is future Iris, but it does seem more like a follow up to episode 13 where Iris is in danger while investigating Cicada. We know that he is now focused on Nora so If he realizes that Iris has a connection to her, he might kidnap Iris to lure Nora into a trap. We have seen the show do this before with Snark and Mick kidnapping Caitlin, Turtle kidnapping Patty, and even Grodd kidnapping Harry. 

Yeah, I've seen the Future Iris theory, but how would they set that up? And they could be hiding it, but if they were doing a plot set in the future, I think they would mention it in the synopsis.

But then 5.14 does sound like it could be a continuation of 5.13, and that's usually the time when the show does a 2-parter.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

I forgot to mention when I was on The Flash Writer's Room Twitter there was a comic panel of Wally and Linda West with their twin babies. This is what made me wonder if the writers were dropping a hint about Barry and Iris having twins sooner than later. Btw, some people who commenting were going batshit crazy accusing The Flash writer's of appropriating Wally West's story. You would think that these characters belong to them and not to DC. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I don't mind babies on TV shows. My main concern is what having the twins as babies would do to Iris' inclusion in the plots of the show. We already notice she's got less to do even with a grown Nora. I'm just concerned the writers will relegate her to the home if she was nursing twin babies. Or they'd hire a nanny, but then some will accuse Iris of neglecting her infant children. It's seems like a lose-lose proposition for Iris, especially with these writers.

• Love 3

They'd probably hire a nanny. But if they were smart, they could turn that into a plot point, by having it be a nanny that turns out to be a spy for a villain out to get Barry or something. Make it part of the season long plot.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2

And photos for 5.13, "Goldfaced", are out, with a couple of guest characters, Iris finds Cicada!, and Barry gets a fresh haircut for his undercover mission:

Damion Poitier as Goldface:

http://flashtvnews.com/wp-content/gallery/goldfaced/FLA513a_0065b.jpg

And it looks like both Ralph and Barry are wearing power dampening cuffs, so they will have to use their brains instead of powers!

http://flashtvnews.com/wp-content/gallery/goldfaced/FLA513a_0229b.jpg

Iris getting the scoop from Cicada/Orlin; I guess the memory trip into Grace's mind helped find him?

http://flashtvnews.com/wp-content/gallery/goldfaced/FLA513b_0177b.jpg

• Love 2

Wow, Iris found Cicada. She is definitely in danger although in the second and third photos of them, it looks like she gets out of his house in one piece. She must not let on that she knows who he really is.

I just noticed the power dampening cuffs. Grant looks handsome. It looks like his wedding hair cut.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I hope for everyone's sake that Klein does some better acting across from Candice. Cicada hasn't had that many scenes or even lines when he wasn't in full-on murderous villain mode. This is his chance to impress me. It's really late in the season, but I'm willing to give him one more chance.

6 hours ago, Trini said:

I hope for everyone's sake that Klein does some better acting across from Candice. Cicada hasn't had that many scenes or even lines when he wasn't in full-on murderous villain mode. This is his chance to impress me. It's really late in the season, but I'm willing to give him one more chance.

It never even occurred to me that Chris Klein can't pull off a normal conversation. All he has to be is a bit evasive. That isn't hard or should not be. I was reading that there is video of Klein's terrible audition for Mamma Mia years ago. 

I am looking forward to next week's episode. I dread tonight's episode. I can't take any more of Iris' self-flagellation.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Matt also mentions in the comments that the West-Allens were playing Scrabble in a previous scene.

So if the Scrabble game is the family moment for this episode, then when is the ice skating scene that was in an earlier trailer? It would suck if that got cut; I really wanted to see that.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Matt also mentions in the comments that the West-Allens were playing Scrabble in a previous scene.

So if the Scrabble game is the family moment for this episode, then when is the ice skating scene that was in an earlier trailer? It would suck if that got cut; I really wanted to see that.

Some people think the ice skating scene will be a Team Flash thing. If it is, SIGH

This season is about family, but we barely see the main family together alone without the team. Then, it's mostly always Barry/Nora and less Nora/Iris

• Love 1

Flashtime promo is up:

There's a glimpse of Future Iris; and Sherloque is at the skating rink, so maybe it is a team thing? And somehow Cicada is in Grace's memories? I think?

So far, looks like it could be a really interesting episode!

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

After tonight's episode, I am having doubts about my belief that Iris will be pregnant at the end of the season or early next season before the crisis. I always thought she would have to be pregnant before, but Nora's actions have brought the crisis up to next season which changes the timeline radically. I am still convince Nora erases herself from existence at the end of the season no matter what happens.

I also think that Barry and Iris get their twins, but with different names, maybe Nora and Bart.

I am not thrilled with how they are pushing Iris into the newspaper business to coincide with the crisis. I just hope that Barry returns by the time the crossover is done.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Trini said:

“Ex” marks the spot for Kimberly Williams-Paisley, who will guest-star in the very next episode of The CW’s The Flash (airing Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 8/7c).

TVLine has learned that Williams-Paisley will play “multiple versions” of Irene Renee Adler, one of Earth-221 detective Sherloque Wells’ many ex-wives.

I look forward to fast forwarding through this.

• Love 3

I'm genuinely concerned about Carlos Valdes' interest in continuing on the show. He seems to be so low energy and his plot is lackluster. I wonder if him missing two episodes and being barely used when he is there is the show's way of getting the audience ready for his departure. I have no inside info, just speculating.  I feel like there's so much more to explore with his powers and his family, but the show doesn't seem interested. I wouldn't blame Carlos for wanting to move on.

13 minutes ago, adora721 said:

Kim is 47; Tom is 55. Not too young IMO.

I thought he was older and she was younger. Guess, they work as a couple. I can only hope it is more interesting that it sounds.

16 hours ago, Trini said:

Forgot the other comment I had about this: They're wasting time on this while Hartley keeps waiting for Sue.

They seem to love wasting time on Tom's useless characters, instead of spending time on interesting main characters. I don't like it. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

They seem to love wasting time on Tom's useless characters, instead of spending time on interesting main characters. I don't like it. 

I think that they think these characters add humor to the show. I can imagine some viewers being entertained.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I think that they think these characters add humor to the show. I can imagine some viewers being entertained.

I think this is true on both counts. But they really could be doing better with Cavanagh/Wells; it's getting beyond silly at this point, IMO.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Trini said:

Interview with Hartley Sawyer about Ralph this season:

Nothing new I don't think; still no update on Sue:

There's a couple of things that are to come towards, you know, really towards the end of the season that my lips have to be something on -- but um, we're gonna see his detective skills progress. We're going to see his relationship with Sherloque kind of develop in some very interesting ways and some very, very fun ways. I like those two characters together a lot.

Then, coming up in episode 13, it's going to be a sort of Barry and Ralph are going to be together for the episode and we're going to see them thrust into this kind of criminal underworld that Ralph came from. He knows this stuff very well and no other member of Team Flash knows how to navigate this world the way he does. This is easy for him. Time travel is a little more complicated, so it's so much fun to play. It's something that I've been excited about doing for a long time. Going back to that whole underworld guide, "I know where to get that, I know where this is, I know how to talk to these people," you know, that kind of thing.

I think they're over-estimating Tom's appeal. People loved Wellsobard not Tom's revolving door of characters. His presence is like bait --- gives the impression that Wellsobard might make a re-appearance. 

But that his only appeal.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Trini said:

He knows this stuff very well and no other member of Team Flash knows how to navigate this world the way he does.

Has nobody told Ralph about Caitlin's time working for Amunet Black in the criminal underworld in slave trafficking and drugs? Seriously! There's a reason Barry needed Killer Frost to convince the criminal metas to get protective custody. Barry knew they'd trust KF because she is one of their own.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

I just noted the date for episode 14. Guess this means no Valentine celebration for Barry and Iris. Hopefully, Cisco is luckier.

They haven't even acknowledged their anniversary. Ugh! It's just not possible for Barry Allen to ignore or forget the fact that he's been married to the love of his life for a year now.

Edited by adora721
  • Love 4
On 1/31/2019 at 6:44 PM, SimoneS said:

I just noted the date for episode 14. Guess this means no Valentine celebration for Barry and Iris. Hopefully, Cisco is luckier.

Not necessarily; they had a Valentine's episode for Season 3, it just got scheduled after the date. But I agree it more likely Cisco would get a Valentine's subplot, seeing how WestAllen romance is a low priority this season.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SimoneS said:

I wonder what they are doing. Candice has a photo on her Instagram of her in a white bodysuit in what looks like the newspaper office so we will be seeing the set again.

That was her trailer. However, I hope this means that Barry and Iris have some romance coming up or something. Or it was just a leotard under some other outfit for Iris. 

@Trini Yes, that was episode 16. They started 17 on Thursday or Friday, so the pic was probably from Monday or Tuesday on set. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, adora721 said:

In the LWG podcast at 1:41, one member stated she read about a casting call for mixed twins, a boy and a girl, for a super famous TV show.

I listened. She said that the casting call was for twin babies and thought that if they were used it would have been for episode 16. Do we have a synopsis for episode 16? I don't recall.

23 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I listened. She said that the casting call was for twin babies and thought that if they were used it would have been for episode 16. Do we have a synopsis for episode 16? I don't recall.

DCTV claims 5x16 is the King Shark vs Grodd episode; I haven't found a synopsis.

• Love 1

I found this blog, Canadagraphs. The person (guy, I think) takes photos and asks for autographs from the cast when The Flash is filming on location in Vancouver. He is also able to describe some of the action. He thinks that the Grodd vs. King Shark episode is either  15 or 16. I think 16 is more likely. The photographs are pretty cool. Unfortunately, Candice isn't any of them since she is rarely in the action scenes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I found this blog, Canadagraphs. The person (guy, I think) takes photos and asks for autographs from the cast when The Flash is filming on location in Vancouver. He is also able to describe some of the action. He thinks that the Grodd vs. King Shark episode is either  15 or 16. I think 16 is more likely. The photographs are pretty cool. Unfortunately, Candice isn't any of them since she is rarely in the action scenes.

Don't really expect pics of Candice from him even if she was filming. For some reason, this dude hates Candice. It's heavily rumored due to not getting an autograph from her.