Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, suomi said:

Here's a big dose of Mika's ditz act. I guess #1 closing the slider and feeding piggy outside and/or #2 feeding Hobs in the enclosure would make it too easy. 

Has Mika been watching Green Acres? Is Lisa Douglas/Eva Gabor her spirit animal? 

Alex Witt does a WTF at 3:10 that is dang funny.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156172791772184&id=116113092183&_rdr

You are a better person than I am Suomi.  I got about 2 minutes into it and had to turn it off.  Ditzy is the perfect word to describe her performance.

• Love 2

2 HOURS AGO, CHLOESMOM SAID:

Can someone direct me to where the CNN and MSNBC boards are please?  I'd like to take a look.

Here's the link for the alphabetical Forum Master List. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, to Misc TV, click on Network Talk. You will see various threads there but ... the mod notice pinned at the top of the list lays the rules, including "no discussion of show content."

http://forums.previously.tv/forum/5-shows/

My guess is that perhaps there aren't enough mods to cover the new forum requests. (Which is totally reasonable.)

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

You are a better person than I am Suomi.  I got about 2 minutes into it and had to turn it off.  Ditzy is the perfect word to describe her performance.

She did an Instagram live of breakfast feeding time this morning. The hell is going on with her? I used to like her animal videos, but broadcasting every meal is bizarre. 

It's also weird that MSNBC tries to elevate her to the position of Joe's co-host, she tries to show herself as a journalist... but her Twitter feed is a mess of reposted redirected links to go to either 1. her zoo videos 2. her Know Your Value side gig. Compare her to, say, Nicolle Wallace or Stephanie Ruhle. Mika has no political talk, absolutely no engagement with fans, nothing remotely serious and related to her job. It's mind-blowing. Lol. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

She did an Instagram live of breakfast feeding time this morning. The hell is going on with her? I used to like her animal videos, but broadcasting every meal is bizarre. 

I don’t see an Instagram live. Does it disappear as soon as the live broadcast is over?

9 hours ago, suomi said:

2 HOURS AGO, CHLOESMOM SAID:

Here's the link for the alphabetical Forum Master List. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, to Misc TV, click on Network Talk. You will see various threads there but ... the mod notice pinned at the top of the list lays the rules, including "no discussion of show content."

http://forums.previously.tv/forum/5-shows/

My guess is that perhaps there aren't enough mods to cover the new forum requests. (Which is totally reasonable.)

Thank you Suomi and yes I totally agree there are not enough mods to go around especially covering political news shows nowadays.

• Love 2
On 5/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, XOQueens said:

It's also weird that MSNBC tries to elevate her to the position of Joe's co-host, she tries to show herself as a journalist... but her Twitter feed is a mess of reposted redirected links to go to either 1. her zoo videos 2. her Know Your Value side gig. Compare her to, say, Nicolle Wallace or Stephanie Ruhle. Mika has no political talk, absolutely no engagement with fans, nothing remotely serious and related to her job. It's mind-blowing. Lol. 

It's very hard to take Mika as a serious news person anymore. Can you imagine Andrea Mitchell showing us a video of feeding her dogs or cats?

I think Mika is tired of the daily grind of showing up for work. She got an engagement ring from Joe. Joe can't dump her or the show will get cancelled. He's stuck with her until the show goes off the air.

• Love 2
(edited)

I understand where you're coming from but what Brian & Joy did may not be the same as actual harassment.  What Joy did, I guess could be considered harassment, but she didn't work with Charlie or use her power to hurt him, she just made some comments about him that were completely inappropriate. 

Brian Williams was suspended for six months for making up a story about himself. He took his punishment and was allowed to come back. 

Joy has apologized profusely, and explained that the nature of her upbringing and her own ignorance was what led to her to make statements about Charlie Crist hiding his sexual identity, and anything else she may have said in her blog.  She has many friends in the LGBTQ community who accepted her apology as she has become a champion of equal rights for them now.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I understand where you're coming from but what Brian & Joy did may not be the same as actual harassment.  What Joy did, I guess could be considered harassment, but she didn't work with Charlie or use her power to hurt him, she just made some comments about him that were completely inappropriate. 

Brian Williams was suspended for six months for making up a story about himself. He took his punishment and was allowed to come back. 

Joy has apologized profusely, and explained that the nature of her upbringing and her own ignorance was what led to her to make statements about Charlie Crist hiding his sexual identity, and anything else she may have said in her blog.  She has many friends in the LGBTQ community who accepted her apology as she has become a champion of equal rights for them now.  

I used to like watching Brian Williams on NBC Nightly News. He was funny & usually had a nice clip about dogs at the end of the show. I am very passionate about my Pugs.

I prefer Lester Holt because he isn't a blowhard like Brian Williams.

I did not appreciate Brian Williams embeleshing his stories about seeing dead bodies at the Ritz Carlton in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.

I have many gay friends & would never dream of having a blog where I post nonsense about Gay people.

I occasionally watch Joy, but her excuse that her blog was hacked in 2006 it not credible.

Her apology is half hearted. She went after Charlie Crist's sexuality because he was a GOP Senate  candidate in 2010. He lost the GOP nomination to Rubio, so I think he ran as an independent. If he had dropped out of the 2010 Senate race, Meeks ( an African American ) candidate who was the Democratic nominee, would have had a pretty good chance of beating Rubio or at least having a competitive Senate Race.

It's outrageous for any adult to have been posting those homophobic rants in 2006. she wasn't a teenager back then.

I think MSNBC should have suspended her .

I also think that NBC should suspend Tom Brokaw.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

I think MSNBC should have suspended her .

Check out David Shuster's Twitter.  Apparently there are many folks within MSNBC that are not happy about the way this was handled.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chloesmom said:

Check out David Shuster's Twitter.  Apparently there are many folks within MSNBC that are not happy about the way this was handled.  

David Shuster was suspended by MSNBC for attacking Chelsea in 2008 campaign saying that Hillary was "pimping her out"

He was fired for applying for a job at CNN while he was under contract at MSNBC.

Just now, oakville said:

David Shuster was suspended by MSNBC for attacking Chelsea in 2008 campaign saying that Hillary was "pimping her out"

He was fired for applying for a job at CNN while he was under contract at MSNBC.

More than true but maybe he keeps in contact with folks that still work there:

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/990342478397100033

Don't know.  I thought they let her off too easy as the cover up was worse than the crime so to speak.  If she had just owned it from the beginning it would have looked more credible.  Lying about the hacking and then not remembering ever writing those posts are tough to believe as Joy is usually so laser focused on whatever the topic is.  Her meandering around was tough to watch/listen to.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, XOQueens said:

It’s pretty uncomfortable with how obvious it is that Mika has a favorite daughter.

Is it the one she dropped down the stairs or the one who posed in a Make America Great Hat during the 2016 campaign? The older one, Emilie, looks like Dr Z. The younger one, Carly , looks like Avenatti. Carly ordered pizza without her mom's permission in 2010. Mika went rogue and demanded that Dominoes stop allowing teens to order pizza.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

Is it the one she dropped down the stairs or the one who posed in a Make America Great Hat during the 2016 campaign? The older one, Emilie, looks like Dr Z. The younger one, Carly , looks like Avenatti. Carly ordered pizza without her mom's permission in 2010. Mika went rogue and demanded that Dominoes stop allowing teens to order pizza.

The one who looks like Zbig.

• Love 2
(edited)

? I'm just going to assume Mika reads here because ever since posting about her being pretty obvious about having a favorite daughter (the only one she ever posted pics of... ha) she starts putting up pics of the two of them. All hail the powerful previously.tv. ??

ETA: Mika, Joe looks terrible without his glasses.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 5
On 5/7/2018 at 11:02 AM, Chloesmom said:

Lying about the hacking and then not remembering ever writing those posts are tough to believe as Joy is usually so laser focused on whatever the topic is.  Her meandering around was tough to watch/listen to.

I asked a very close friend of mine who happens to be gay about this. He & his husband watch MSNBC a lot. He grew up in a family similar to Joy's and only came out about 6-7 years ago, he's almost 40. He still deals with members of his family being awful about his sexuality, as well as high school and college friends cutting him out of their lives entirely.  He said he felt like her apology was heartfelt, and that she is such a champion of LGBT rights now, that she should be forgiven. The whole point  is to acknowledge mistakes and grow, not to just apologize and keep being an asshole. 

Maybe she really doesn't remember making the posts, and maybe the blog was hacked. Just because a couple sites say it wasn't, doesn't make it true.  That community has much worse enemies than Joy Reid's decade old blog posts. 

Just my two cents. 

• Love 2
On 5/10/2018 at 7:55 PM, XOQueens said:

? I'm just going to assume Mika reads here because ever since posting about her being pretty obvious about having a favorite daughter (the only one she ever posted pics of... ha) she starts putting up pics of the two of them. All hail the powerful previously.tv. ??

ETA: Mika, Joe looks terrible without his glasses.

I think MSNBC does have people that monitor these boards. Mika & Joe are very sensitive to any criticism.

21 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I asked a very close friend of mine who happens to be gay about this. He & his husband watch MSNBC a lot. He grew up in a family similar to Joy's and only came out about 6-7 years ago, he's almost 40. He still deals with members of his family being awful about his sexuality, as well as high school and college friends cutting him out of their lives entirely.  He said he felt like her apology was heartfelt, and that she is such a champion of LGBT rights now, that she should be forgiven. The whole point  is to acknowledge mistakes and grow, not to just apologize and keep being an asshole. 

Maybe she really doesn't remember making the posts, and maybe the blog was hacked. Just because a couple sites say it wasn't, doesn't make it true.  That community has much worse enemies than Joy Reid's decade old blog posts. 

Just my two cents. 

I think Joy should have acknowledged making those blog entries. She should have apologized and said that what she wrote was wrong. I am not impressed with her "hacking theory". It sounds ridiculous. She should have had Rachel Maddow on her show to dicuss her blog posts.

Mika & Joe often invite Al Sharpton on the show after they make racially insensitive comments about African Americans. Joe got in  trouble a few years ago for not supporting the Ferguson riots. Joe is a "law & order" conservative and was mad that there were riots. Sharpton was called in to accept Joe's apology. I recapped this episode.

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

MSNBC, CNN Have Been Pitched Show Featuring Avenatti, Scaramucci

Avenatti just tweeted he's not remotely interested, focusing on his legal practice, etc.   I'm sure this is Scaramucci's idiot idea, and network execs are stupid enough to do it. 

Network executives would pitch cockfights hosted by Julia Andrews if they thought people would watch. 

• Love 1

Why in God's name would AvenHottie NEED Scaramucci? For what earthly purpose? He could easily carry his own show without that loser dragging him down.

I don't know.  As much as I enjoy watching him run roughshod over Trump and Co. there is just something about this whole thing that doesn't feel right to me.  I don't mind all of the tv appearances but he seems to pop up at any public soiree being thrown.  I hope whatever he is doing is successful and that Stephanie doesn't get hurt or with all of this leaked information it doesn't damage Mueller case(s).  Please know I am not saying I am right, I am just saying he makes me uneasy at times and sometimes just a little too smug.  I hope all of that testosterone doesn't get the best of him.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

I don't know.  As much as I enjoy watching him run roughshod over Trump and Co. there is just something about this whole thing that doesn't feel right to me.  I don't mind all of the tv appearances but he seems to pop up at any public soiree being thrown.  I hope whatever he is doing is successful and that Stephanie doesn't get hurt or with all of this leaked information it doesn't damage Mueller case(s).  Please know I am not saying I am right, I am just saying he makes me uneasy at times and sometimes just a little too smug.  I hope all of that testosterone doesn't get the best of him.

I know what you mean. I don’t really mind the smugness. I just don’t want him to turn out to be a major creep.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

I think the reason he's so comfortable on tv is that he's worked in LA on a lot of high profile cases involving celebrities, and he does appear as legal consultant to networks. 

Here's his Wikipedia page. He's done some work on behalf of class action suits, etc.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Avenatti

I saw him on The Circus for a couple minutes last night, they were asking him about posting that financial stuff about Cohen and that the person who leaked it could be in trouble and didn't he feel bad.  He said he didn't really think there would be a problem, and the reason they leaked it to the press was they weren't sure who removed or restricted the files, so they didn't know who to go to.  Apparently Mueller had this information six months ago. 

• Love 1

It's interesting how Mika tags every single person in her life except her future husband in her IG posts about her daughter being the first student to ever graduate from college. Her daughters must really strongly dislike him.

• Love 2
On 5/19/2018 at 8:20 PM, XOQueens said:

It's interesting how Mika tags every single person in her life except her future husband in her IG posts about her daughter being the first student to ever graduate from college. Her daughters must really strongly dislike him.

Sometimes I think Mika likes the idea of being engaged to Joe, more than the actual reality of it. 

He was blathering on about something this morning and the look on her face was "OMG IS HE EVER GOING TO SHUT UP". 

Their associates or whoever can talk about them really loving each other, but on Saturday morning I saw two people who "really love each other". Joe & Mika do not even remotely, even as slightly older people, resemble two people who just got engaged and are in love.  

Maybe it's that she feels so uncomfortable facing the reality of their relationship and being on air with him, and it's different in private.  

Seeing two people in love usually makes others happy, JoMika just make people cringe. 

• Love 3

Add this to my "Something is up with Mika" file. I remember her on video somewhere being very dismissive of therapists when she was going through her eating disorder therapy. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Add this to my "Something is up with Mika" file. I remember her on video somewhere being very dismissive of therapists when she was going through her eating disorder therapy. 

I plan to buy her eating disorder book.  She used to joke about Ambien & Vodka being her way to deal with the stress of being on Morning Joe.

6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Sometimes I think Mika likes the idea of being engaged to Joe, more than the actual reality of it. 

He was blathering on about something this morning and the look on her face was "OMG IS HE EVER GOING TO SHUT UP". 

Their associates or whoever can talk about them really loving each other, but on Saturday morning I saw two people who "really love each other". Joe & Mika do not even remotely, even as slightly older people, resemble two people who just got engaged and are in love.  

Maybe it's that she feels so uncomfortable facing the reality of their relationship and being on air with him, and it's different in private.  

Seeing two people in love usually makes others happy, JoMika just make people cringe. 

I think Mika's daughters have a good relationship with their dad. If you read Mika's first book, there are several passages where Mika thanks Jim for dealing with the kids while Mika was busy working. The kids were very happy when Mika went back to work after being laid off from CBS.

It can't be easy for Emilie & Carly to know the nature of her relationship with Joe. Joe's kids from his first wife are married, so they probably don't have much interaction with Mika. I am curious about Joe's daughter & his youngest son.

They must still see their mom on a regular basis.

It looks like the excitement over the affair has waned over the past 7 years.

• Love 2

I love how she waits until there are 10 days left in the month to announce it's "Mental Health/OMG HE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY" month. 

Meeks, just admit you made a mistake.  It's not too late. 

So for a month or so you're embarrassed and maybe you even leave the show.

It's better than a lifetime of hell with Douchey McDoucheborough. 

Of course, OTOH, you deserve this hell you made for yourself. 

Maybe in 10-15 your daughters will let you see your grandkids. 

• Love 2

It seems sometimes Meeka wants to be taken seriously as a journalist; whoever nicknamed her "Scoop" should get some sort of award.  But most of the time she relies on being blond, having nice legs, getting to do a show with her "boyfriend" every morning (kind of like Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland in the Andy Hardy days), and a family pedigree.  Nothing wrong with that.  

But I have news for you, Toots...at some point you will no longer be viable arm candy and will have to fall back on talent.   She seems happy enough doing the show however many days a week she regularly does it, having her farm and/or menagerie, and enjoying just living her life.  That's great; it is just she seems to want to be a journalist/reporter (insert funny meme) and that cannot happen as long as she 1) lets herself be beaten down by her "boyfriend" on tv every day (that he deems to appear  2) doesn't take her job seriously enough to truly do the work and 3) maybe separate, professionally, from Joe.  

I guess a snowball in hell has a better chance than that.  But we can hope.  I wouldn't mind seeing what she could do on her own.

• Love 2
On 5/19/2018 at 8:20 PM, XOQueens said:

What do you mean that her daughter  being the first to graduate from college? In her family?  Mika and her dad graduated from college, so, what am I missing? 

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What do you mean that her daughter  being the first to graduate from college? In her family?  Mika and her dad graduated from college, so, what am I missing? 

I think it was a joke, meaning that Mika is acting like her daughter is the only person ever to graduate from college.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, cased said:

I think it was a joke, meaning that Mika is acting like her daughter is the only person ever to graduate from college.

Got it!  Okay.  I can see that. 

• Love 2
(edited)

5 HOURS AGO, TVADDICT44 SAID

question for Morning Joe viewers:  I'm asking someone on here because the clip that I'm trying to identify the speaker in runs just before Morning Joe starts each morning.  It's a lovely quote on how we have to hold on and trust for a better tomorrow and know that things will change and ends with the idea of how we all appreciate the importance of a free press come what may....

It sounds like Tom Brokaw to me, but I don't know.  If it's part of a longer piece, I'd like to know that too.  I'd appreciate any response....

Found it, the speaker is journalist Chet Huntley.

"Good night, Chet." "Good night, David."

I also like this one.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3

Suomi, thanks for finding and posting these clips.  I have not seen/heard the first one with Chet Huntley.  What a welcome blast from the past . . . :)

Tvaddict44, thanks for calling this to our attention.

• Love 2

In case anyone was interested in how TV political debates are for Governor/Premier in Ontario, here is the link. Ford is the "Trumpian" candidate. His brother was the late Mayor of Toronto, who admitted to smoking crack cocaine while being Mayor. The big issues in Ontario are expanding dental,& drug care to all residents versus cutting taxes . The Trumpian candidate also  wants to lower the cost of beer to 1$ Canadian for a bottle :) My recaps of Morning Joe provide a Canadian perspective of Mika & Joe's coverage of US politics. Happy Memorial Day!

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ontario-election-2018-doug-ford-andrea-horwath-and-kathleen-wynne-face-off-in-crucial-debate/

• Love 4
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I was looking at Eyewitness News! Jim's official Facebook page and saw this interesting exchange, which I then promptly needed to share with the class. 

VH5DSoL.png

Years ago (probably before the affair began), I saw where Joe had said that Mika and Susan were good friends, but that Jim Hoffer thought that Joe was a loudmouth and a joke. I would be willing to bet that Jim Hoffer can’t believe that Mika left him for Joe. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, cased said:

Years ago (probably before the affair began), I saw where Joe had said that Mika and Susan were good friends, but that Jim Hoffer thought that Joe was a loudmouth and a joke. I would be willing to bet that Jim Hoffer can’t believe that Mika left him for Joe. 

Mika did know a lot about Joe's family. Joe would talk about his mom & dad & Mika seemed to know all the stories. She used to play with Little Joey's hair when he was on set.

Based on what I saw on today's show, Mika really respects her dad. She looked up to him & wanted to earn his praise. Mika said that her dad grilled her at family dinners for not being informed. Her mom mocked her SAT scores. Based on her first book, she admitted that her career was over in 2006. Going back to MSNBC & catching Joe's attention made her a multi millionaire.

• Love 1

9 HOURS AGO, CHLOESMOM SAID

Oakville, God bless yes no truer words have ever been spoken. On a personal note, after the 9/11 attack I read a post from a Canadian citizen that I will never, ever forget. It highlighted that although many people do not like us at times it historically never stops us from doing the right thing and lending a helping hand to those that need it. I literally tear up every time I think about that post.

Oh, ho, Chloesmom, try this link if you're into tearing up this morning. (I read somewhere that crying is as good as or even better than a facial. The ingredients in tears are beneficial for the skin so it's good to let them drip rather than wiping them away.)

There was a phrase, or so we have long been told, that was heard in occupied Europe during World War II.

It was often said as a whisper, the story goes. It had the sound of a prayer.

The words were so simple, but to people who were feeling utterly abandoned and who needed help, those words meant so much.

Four words:

"The Americans are coming."

Sometimes we forget about the power of those words, and about how, for so long, they defined the real meaning of what this country, at its best, could be.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/01/23/greene.haiti.american.aid/index.html

• Love 2

41 MINUTES AGO, OAKVILLE SAID

Thanks. I know that Canadians in Gander Newfoundland provided shelter to the American citizens stranded during the attacks. Canada & the USA are strong allies despite political differences. No flights to the USA were allowed in. The planes had to land in Newfoundland. I think it's a play on Broadway now. My late father was drafted by the Hellenic Navy ( in exile) while living in Alexandria , Egypt. At the time, the British army was in command & they needed young men for the war effort. They told the Hellenic Navy to drafted Greek & other European citizens living in Egypt for the war effort. My dad wasn't happy about being drafted but he did his duty for Greece & the Allied forces.

Bless your dad's heart, oakville. There are so many amazing stories from that era. And let us not forget Canadian ambassador to Iran Ken Taylor who sheltered Americans in his home during the hostage crisis.

When the United States shut down its airspace, tiny Gander International Airport in Newfoundland opened its runways, taking in 38 wide-body planes on transatlantic routes.

And this is where one of the many inspiring stories of 9/11 unfolded.

It’s okay. Love this touching story of Gander; revel in it. Because every year, as Sept. 11 reminds America of the unfiltered evil in our world, it’s also necessary to remind ourselves of the human capacity for kindness, selflessness and generosity.

The people of Gander, a town of no more than 10,000, looked at all those planes lined up at the airport and didn’t think of terrorism, didn’t see potential attacks. They just wanted to help.

It was a logistical challenge. The city didn’t have hotels or restaurants to take in nearly 7,000 passengers, and the community knew that the people from more than 100 countries stuck on those planes were mothers, fathers, daughters, sons, grandmothers. Just like the Newfoundlanders were.

The people of Gander and surrounding fishing villages filled their schools, community rooms and churches with cots for Christa Folkes and the other stranded passengers.

The town’s bus drivers, who were on strike that day, walked off their picket lines and went back to work. Bakeries went into overdrive production, hospitals staffed up, and many of the townspeople opened their homes and offered their beds to the "plane people."

They found a way to care for the 17 dogs and cats and the two great apes that were also aboard the planes.

There, on a Canadian island of green hills and rocky coasts, humans were at their best.

Shirley Brooks-Jones, 80, was one of those plane people on her way back home to Ohio from Europe when Delta Flight 15 — the same plane that Folkes was on — was diverted to Newfoundland.

After 28 hours on the plane, she and her fellow passengers were bused to the even tinier fishing village of Lewisporte. They spent the next three days in that town, where the mayor and most of the residents cooked elaborate meals, let them use their showers, even borrow their cars.

None of the townspeople would accept money. So after the passengers were finally able to reboard their plane, Brooks-Jones, a longtime fundraiser at Ohio State University, had a midair idea. She passed around a notebook and asked each of the passengers to contribute to a scholarship fund for the children of Gander.

They had $15,000 when they landed.

Brooks-Jones did this for a living. So she helped turn that into more money — the Lewisporte Area Flight 15 Scholarship fund has grown to about $2 million.

"As of this year, the scholarship has been received by 228 graduates of Lewisporte Collegiate" high school, Brooks-Jones said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/on-sept-11-a-tiny-canadian-town-opened-its-runways-and-heart-to-7000-stranded-travelers/2016/09/08/89d875da-75e5-11e6-8149-b8d05321db62_story.html?utm_term=.d9fdccc5075f

So, my pores are small and refined this morning and my complexion is glowing! Grateful tears!

O Canada!

• Love 1
On 5/28/2018 at 6:52 PM, cased said:

. I would be willing to bet that Jim Hoffer can’t believe that Mika left him for Joe. 

After being married to her for 20 years, I'm sure he can believe it, and is probably, except for the pain it caused the daughters, much better off.   At least now he doesn't have to listen to her bullshit lies about travelling with Joe and "promoting her book", if that's how they refer to it. 

Mika didn't turn into a self important drama queen just because she went to work at MJ.   

• Love 3