Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

I can't decide if Joe posting Mika's childhood pics is his version of romance 101, or if he's trying to soften his image, or some third option I've yet to come up with. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Re all the Billy Graham love, here's one of his advice columns telling a young woman that her homosexuality is a perversion, God will judge her, and the morals of the country have so eroded (this is 1973) that her behavior is applauded.  He was also a huge anti Semite.  Wonder if we'll hear any of that from the media. 

https://twitter.com/John_Birdsall/status/966340139730399232/photo/1

I'm guessing that Billy Graham woke up somewhere very, very warm this morning. Warm and smelling of sulphur.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I can't decide if Joe posting Mika's childhood pics is his version of romance 101, or if he's trying to soften his image, or some third option I've yet to come up with. 

I think Joe is just totally smitten with Mika, and ever since the hand-holding incident on MJ, he is getting more bold with his public declarations of affection. He is acting like a teenager with his first crush. It is quite funny.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, XOQueens said:

I'm mean and cynical.  I think that picture was right up there with the one Mika posted of herself with that rifle.  I'm sorry but I think those two will do anything to stir the pot and keep the focus on themselves.  Honestly, everyone knows they are in a committed relationship but they are also on air personnel.  For me, those types of posts should be kept to private accounts.

• Love 2

Chloesmom mentioned Geraldo in the episodes thread, which reminded me that I heard on the news this past weekend that Geraldo was at Mar-A-Gogo with Trump, reporting on how moved Trump was by the shootings, blah blah blah.

As you know Geraldo threw in with the Fox News people some years ago.  I have tried to make my peace with it but I can't and I'll tell you why.

I was a big fan of the Rivera Live show on MSNBC during the OJ trial.   Every night.  I never missed it.  Geraldo was the only guy on TV who had the balls to state the hard facts about Simpson and all but say he was guilty.   Yeah, okay, you got a sense ol' Gerry had a thing for Denise Brown, Nicole's sister, but Geraldo's gonna Geraldo, you know?   I didn't judge.  And I don't think it had any bearing on his analysis of the day's trial proceedings.

The show also had a cast of regular correspondents and guests -- John Gibson, Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing, Jeannine Pirro, etc. -- and I found them all to be agreeable (I used to call DiGenova "The Scalp").

What the hell happened to each and every one of them?   Seriously, somebody call Robert Stack.    Geraldo moved to Fox, became Bill O'Reilly's flunky and is now a Trump bootlicker.  John Gibson went cuckoo-for-conservatives years ago.   Jeannine Ferris Pirro, a card-carrying alt-right crackpot, plastic surgery enthusiast and speed fiend.   I don't see Joe and Victoria much anymore but the last time I did they were on Fox sticking up for Dubya.

How did it happen?   How could they all have been champions of viewpoints I agreed with back then yet today I would sooner give Glen Beck the benefit of the doubt before any of them?   And how did it happen to ALL of them?   It's like the whole cast of Rivera Live was shanghaied and re-edumacated to become reprehensible ambassadors of untruths.   

I am still mystified.

• Love 8

Geraldo was washed up in mainstream media, and then along came Fox; and now he's either spouting alt-right talking points because he's always believed them or for a paycheck.

For a lot of these people, I suspect they always held these viewpoints but back in the olden days before Fox, they had to come off as more politically neutral to work in the news business. Now it's a free-for-all, with Fox willing to pay any idiot who'll push the company line (see: Tomi Lahren).

• Love 4

Geraldo:  It was love at first sight for me when he hosted Goodnight America.  Long hair, long mustache, never ending denim.  Great, in-depth stories fighting for those that didn't have a voice.  He was doing there for a while but maybe his lifestyle got the best of him and his career started stalling cycling into the humiliating Al Capone's Vault fiasco.  I was stunned when he popped up on Fox but figured it was a last resort.  He seems to blow with the wind in terms of his opinions but continues to stay within Fox boundaries.

Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing:  Don't hold me to this but I think at one time they may have had their own shown on fledgling MSNBC.  I think they were on with Matthews a lot and were great guests.  I caught them about a year ago and don't recognize them anymore.

Judge Jeanine:  Yikes, what happened to her?  I may not have agreed with what she was saying but at least she sounded coherent and didn't shatter my ear drums.

John Gibson:  Don't know much about him but right before he retired I caught him on Fox . . . hoo boy.

I watch all three cable channels but some shows have made it impossible.  Another one that makes me sad is Greg Gutfeld/Red Eye.  Used to be good for a laugh or two in the middle of the night (sometimes more than others).  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Gavin McInness mixed up with the Alt Right as the show never went there and was consequently ruined by the completely un-funny Tom Shilleu.  I also notice that guests persona's change depending on what network they appear on.  They can appear pretty normal on one and then catch them on one with a different viewpoint and they are almost unrecognizable.

This all makes me very sad but it's great to chat with everyone here as it helps to realize it isn't just me.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Geraldo:  It was love at first sight for me when he hosted Goodnight America.  Long hair, long mustache, never ending denim.  Great, in-depth stories fighting for those that didn't have a voice.  He was doing there for a while but maybe his lifestyle got the best of him and his career started stalling cycling into the humiliating Al Capone's Vault fiasco.  I was stunned when he popped up on Fox but figured it was a last resort.  He seems to blow with the wind in terms of his opinions but continues to stay within Fox boundaries.

Joe DiGenova and Victoria Toensing:  Don't hold me to this but I think at one time they may have had their own shown on fledgling MSNBC.  I think they were on with Matthews a lot and were great guests.  I caught them about a year ago and don't recognize them anymore.

Judge Jeanine:  Yikes, what happened to her?  I may not have agreed with what she was saying but at least she sounded coherent and didn't shatter my ear drums.

John Gibson:  Don't know much about him but right before he retired I caught him on Fox . . . hoo boy.

I watch all three cable channels but some shows have made it impossible.  Another one that makes me sad is Greg Gutfeld/Red Eye.  Used to be good for a laugh or two in the middle of the night (sometimes more than others).  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Gavin McInness mixed up with the Alt Right as the show never went there and was consequently ruined by the completely un-funny Tom Shilleu.  I also notice that guests persona's change depending on what network they appear on.  They can appear pretty normal on one and then catch them on one with a different viewpoint and they are almost unrecognizable.

This all makes me very sad but it's great to chat with everyone here as it helps to realize it isn't just me.

While we're on this subject, the one that amazes me is Lou Dobbs. When he was on CNN, he was a pretty much down the middle business reporter. Now that he is with Fox Business News, he is completely off the deep end.

Even Sean Hannity - he has always been a conservative, but when he used to co-host with Alan Combs, he sounded at least normal. Now he is looney-tunes.

As I have always said with all these people, they will go wherever they need to to get ratings.

• Love 4

I just tweeted at Joe   "Heard you're having trouble figuring out how to use Google Search Engine. Trying typing in "Ridiculous Blowhard who can't stop talking about his 1 1/2 terms in Congress 20 years ago".

BOOM goes your dynamite, holy cheese and crackers that is absolutely awesome!

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

Carter Page is live on CNN right now if you already saw the first half hour of MJ.

Carter called Sean Hannity the Edward R Murrow of the Trump /Russia story and Chris Hayes tweeted "Carter, I'm hurt".  Carter Page on Chris Hayes is comedy gold.  The look on Chris' face when he says "yeah I maybe probably okay I did talk to Russians".   WTF

• Love 3

No.  But I guarantee you guys they have staff monitor these forums. All networks monitor forums like these, I'm sure MJ staff is like the WH staff, ie terrified to tell them anything bad. 

Two of the mods from previously.tv who were on twop.com back in the day were on the West Wing podcast a few months ago talking about the fans back in the day and Aaron Sorkin setting up an account to see wht people were saying. It was really interesting. 

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

No.  But I guarantee you guys they have staff monitor these forums. All networks monitor forums like these, I'm sure MJ staff is like the WH staff, ie terrified to tell them anything bad. 

Two of the mods from previously.tv who were on twop.com back in the day were on the West Wing podcast a few months ago talking about the fans back in the day and Aaron Sorkin setting up an account to see wht people were saying. It was really interesting. 

I could see it. Joe replies to random Tweets, so he is at least curious enough/enough in his ego to read his Twitter mentions and that's probably the darkest place you can seek out. And it's my personal conspiracy theory that he had that burst of posting pics of him listening to Mika, how much he loved her, and then all the childhood pics about her because he got slammed from the entire internet as emotionally abusive after that interview. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 4

That's really cool.  Way back in the Usenet days I participated in a forum for the TV show "Frasier" and David Lee, one of the creators of the show, was an active presence.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

That's really cool.  Way back in the Usenet days I participated in a form for the TV show "Frasier" and David Lee, one of the creators of the show, was an active presence.

That is cool. I love hearing people from behind the scenes discuss the forums, and the shows, etc.

There was an epi of West Wing where Josh got into with a web site about him, Lyman Lemon. They said something about him not knowing how govt worked so he made Donna make a user profile for him and post comments. Then he got in trouble for grammar, capitalizing etc.  Donna kept telling him "don't start with these people". 

It was hilarious. 

All because people figured out who Aaron was on TWW forum. 

Be wary of Maggie. Her mother is a Rubenstein exec. For those who are lucky enough not to be tuned in to these minute details of NYC life, Rubenstein are (one of?) Donald's PR crisis firm(s?). Also, McMaster's wife works (worked?) for Mother Nancy.

Wouldn't this be a conflict of interest? Maggie covering Trump when her mother works for him as a PR consultant? Wouldn't an ethical journalist not engage in this? Wouldn't the NYT tell her she's off the WH/Trump beat? 

JFC

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Wouldn't this be a conflict of interest? Maggie covering Trump when her mother works for him as a PR consultant? Wouldn't an ethical journalist not engage in this? Wouldn't the NYT tell her she's off the WH/Trump beat? 

JFC

The personal connection is probably exactly why she's given the beat. A v. quick and cursory Google hit job shows she's used the NYT to advance at least one Rubenstein pet project in the past:

...or when reporter Maggie Haberman, daughter of top Rubenstein exec Nancy Haberman, reviews an obscure small-press book that happens to lionize Sam Rubenstein, a book Rubenstein happens to have a stack of on his desk.

http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/media/features/918/index5.html

I've heard the Kushner's use a sibling branch of the main Rubenstein PR tree, but I haven't had the ambition to dig for more there. You know, I'm going to a day late dollar short post-Purim party tonight, I'm going to ask around for more gossip. Lol

PS: Morning Joe PR people, if you're reading this, LOOK INTO IT AND DO A SEGMENT. Lol

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

S: Morning Joe PR people, if you're reading this, LOOK INTO IT AND DO A SEGMENT. L

MJ people "doing a segment"?  All they do is read others' work and comment, make faces and yell. 

Hell they even tried to take something Rachel Maddow had done and call it there own. A timeline of the Trump/Russia connection I think. It was pathetic. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

MJ people "doing a segment"?  All they do is read others' work and comment, make faces and yell. 

Hell they even tried to take something Rachel Maddow had done and call it there own. A timeline of the Trump/Russia connection I think. It was pathetic. 

But Mika is on assignment! 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, XOQueens said:
22 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

But Mika is on assignment! 

Is that a new term the kids came up with for "fucking around"? 

She could be with her Mother, who I know isn't well, so if so I rescind my snark. 

7 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

That's really cool.  Way back in the Usenet days I participated in a forum for the TV show "Frasier" and David Lee, one of the creators of the show, was an active presence.

I remember one of the "Rescue Me" showrunners participated in the TWoP forum for a short period. He was trying to defend a particularly controversial storyline and eventually gave up and flounced away.

• Love 1

Thanks for all the background and insight as I find it fascinating.  My first thought was why would anyone be assigned to read through forum comments but I guess there is really no better place to find unvarnished and unsolicited opinions with none of the spam you have to wade through for say a newspaper or magazine article.  I especially love NYC snark as that is my favorite city so I find these Maggie Haberman Twitter wars must reads.  Thanks again everybody!

• Love 4
(edited)

The WaPo is throwing Mika and Joe an engagement party next week. Lol. No, really. Weird, right? Who agrees to an engagement party 10 months after they get engaged? 

On the episode thread I posted about Mika's late night #joeandmika Instagram posting she quickly deleted. Fear not, though, searching the # leads you to someone who screened it and posted. Was she drunk? Ambiened? Actually away somewhere and missing Joe? 

DXQW31NW4AAdY6K.jpg

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3

7:15 AM--from the "Does a Bear Shit In the Woods File"

Eddie Glau Jr.:  "Billy Graham was not a supporter of LGBT rights"

Okay, then.  Would never have guessed it would go that way, Eddie

I didn't see this but I've been wondering about all the Billy Graham ass kissing -

Apparently separation of church and state is just a suggestion not an underlying tenet of our government. Why the fuck is an Evangelical minister who was anti Semitic as well as hateful to the LGBTQ community lying in state in the US Capitol?

Graham is the founder of the Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, batshit religious television craze - we're treating him like a former President. 

Does anyone in the media have the balls to bring this up? 

• Love 5
On 3/1/2018 at 8:50 AM, teddysmom said:

Being homebound due to the Nor'easter leads to interesting trips on the ol' Google machine. I read this article when looking around the see how many Trump themed musicals there are floating around Downtown theaters. I can't get over his Google confusion. Howling.

About the only instance in recent years in which Scarborough didn't get his way with Griffin, according to two sources, was when the host, after searching for his name on the Internet and being displeased with the results, demanded that the network president "call Google" to fix it. Griffin had to inform Scarborough that, alas, Google's search algorithms were beyond his control.

https://www.gq.com/story/joe-scarborough-has-big-dreams-trump-musical

You here, Joe? 

• Love 4
23 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Graham is the founder of the Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, batshit religious television craze - we're treating him like a former President. 

Graham is also the founder (quite literally) of Franklin Graham.  I live near Charlotte, this week has been... difficult.

23 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Does anyone in the media have the balls to bring this up? 

I don't think Morning Joe's balls are large enough for this.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2018 at 12:11 PM, teddysmom said:

That is cool. I love hearing people from behind the scenes discuss the forums, and the shows, etc.

There was an epi of West Wing where Josh got into with a web site about him, Lyman Lemon. They said something about him not knowing how govt worked so he made Donna make a user profile for him and post comments. Then he got in trouble for grammar, capitalizing etc.  Donna kept telling him "don't start with these people". 

It was hilarious. 

All because people figured out who Aaron was on TWW forum. 

JFC

It is a conflict of interest & it should be disclosed. It is a similar issue with Chuck Todd. His wife did a lot of work for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primary & Chuck never brought it up prior to beginning the interviews with Sanders. Chuck got mad at the website that disclosed his wif's relationship with Sanders. He was also furious when it was disclosed that he organized a party for Jennifer Palmieri, who was Hillary's Communications Director.

10 hours ago, XOQueens said:

Being homebound due to the Nor'easter leads to interesting trips on the ol' Google machine. I read this article when looking around the see how many Trump themed musicals there are floating around Downtown theaters. I can't get over his Google confusion. Howling.

https://www.gq.com/story/joe-scarborough-has-big-dreams-trump-musical

You here, Joe? 

Joe's has written a few anti Trump songs over the past year.

On 3/2/2018 at 8:37 AM, XOQueens said:

The WaPo is throwing Mika and Joe an engagement party next week. Lol. No, really. Weird, right? Who agrees to an engagement party 10 months after they get engaged? 

On the episode thread I posted about Mika's late night #joeandmika Instagram posting she quickly deleted. Fear not, though, searching the # leads you to someone who screened it and posted. Was she drunk? Ambiened? Actually away somewhere and missing Joe? 

DXQW31NW4AAdY6K.jpg

Steve Ratner threw them an engagement party a few months ago. There were pictures of it in the NY Post. Charlie Rose was a prominent attendee. It happened a few days before he was fired from CBS.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Graham is also the founder (quite literally) of Franklin Graham.  I live near Charlotte, this week has been... difficult.

I don't think Morning Joe's balls are large enough for this.

Ugh. I'm lucky my circles have only been talking about him as an antisemite and homophobe. I can't imagine being deep in Grahamland right now. Godspeed, Xena. Lol

I don't really get Joe's love for the man. Joe is a suspected adulterer moving toward making a third woman Mrs. Scarborough. That's not something this man would have liked. 

• Love 3
On 3/2/2018 at 9:24 PM, XOQueens said:

Hoo boy, everybody should read this article.  Sounds like Joe has lots of fans within both NBC and MSNBC and his ego runs neck and neck with Trump's.

This part made me laugh out loud (as many parts did) as apparently he really does not understand the Google machine:

About the only instance in recent years in which Scarborough didn't get his way with Griffin, according to two sources, was when the host, after searching for his name on the Internet and being displeased with the results, demanded that the network president "call Google" to fix it. Griffin had to inform Scarborough that, alas, Google's search algorithms were beyond his control.

• Love 2

I wonder if this is what triggered Joe this morning to make his "Trump couldn't collude with a ham sandwich" comment. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/03/05/mueller-is-casting-a-wide-net-we-now-know-the-target-is-trump/?utm_term=.d89dd6cd399d

Mueller is going to find out when Trump knew about Russia, and what he did about it. 

Like I said, Joe, what did he know and when did he know it.  And why didn't he stop it? 

Blaming President Obama and saying Trump is stupid isn't going to help, Joe.  Your pal is going down. 

• Love 1

6 HOURS AGO, LOKIBERRY SAID:

If you have photos, Stormy Daniels, for the love of God, don't release them.

Come on. Just to see cable news hosts and anchors squirm when they have to talk about Trump dick pics!!  

And the size jokes?

this is just what we need! Trump's head will explode. 

And Mika will throw her neck out making faces at the camera and yelling at Joe "Stop it Stop IT!" 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Come on. Just to see cable news hosts and anchors squirm when they have to talk about Trump dick pics!!  

And the size jokes?

And Mika will throw her neck out making faces at the camera and yelling at Joe "Stop it Stop IT!" 

Aren't there some Russian golden shower pics too? That would be some good clean fun.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

And the size jokes?

I've been preparing myself to laugh whilst throwing up about presidential dick pics eventually finding the light of the day.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

I've been preparing myself to laugh whilst throwing up about presidential dick pics eventually finding the light of the day.

Somebody asked Clooney once about running for office and he admitted "nope there's too much stuff to be dug up about me".

He's a good guy and realizes he doesn't want to be drug thru the mud over past indiscretions which is what getting drunk, playing pranks on costars, dating beautiful women, adopting dogs, charitable works, marrying a brilliant woman?

Trump isn't even smart enough to realize all the bad shit he's done the last 40 years was going to catch up with him. I said all along, the press is going to be so far up his ass he'll wish he was never born when this is over.  Everything he ever did will be exposed. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Seems like Steele's dossier is getting more credible with each passing day.

What difference does it make?  The threat of pictures of prostitutes peeing on the POTUS is that he could be blackmailed to prevent them from being made public.  Or, he could lose the evangelical vote and the "moral high ground."  His supporters DON'T CARE.  They would simply laugh at how liberals are mad, say "whatabout," and say it's fake.  It doesn't matter.  There is no foreign leverage in terms of morality.
In terms of crimes, he's in threat from Mueller.  In terms of being a pig, there is 0 threat.  Think of the tight wire Obama walked like a saintly human.  Think of the mud this current worm squirms through.  The right has no shame.

List your right wing friends/acquaintances who support Trump whose support would wane if pictures of him having uriney sex were made public.  The list is likely at zero. 
I bet they start with "Tax Cuts," then move quickly to "Fake News," and then laugh at "Libtards Being Snowflakes."  Am I close?

• Love 7
On 3/1/2018 at 6:44 PM, Chloesmom said:

Thanks for all the background and insight as I find it fascinating.  My first thought was why would anyone be assigned to read through forum comments but I guess there is really no better place to find unvarnished and unsolicited opinions with none of the spam you have to wade through for say a newspaper or magazine article.  I especially love NYC snark as that is my favorite city so I find these Maggie Haberman Twitter wars must reads.  Thanks again everybody!

Is Access Maggie's access about to get cut off?

@realDonaldTrump

...have shown conclusively that there was no Collusion with Russia..just excuse for losing. The only Collusion was that done by the DNC, the Democrats and Crooked Hillary. The writer of the story, Maggie Haberman, a Hillary flunky, knows nothing about me and is not given access.

In other news news, the story about State News Network's Jesse Watters having an affair with an employee and divorcing his wife for her is picking up steam (Anyone want to bet a truck: if anyone from the network decides to fight back against negative coverage they will spin something with Joe and Mika's origins story). 

Edited by XOQueens
I just didn't feel up to defending Chuck Todd. Lol
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

In other news news, the story about State News Network's Jesse Watters was having an affair with an employee and is divorcing his wife for her is picking up steam (Anyone want to bet a truck: if anyone from the network decides to fight back against negative coverage they will spin something with Joe and Mika's origins story). 

I feel very sorry for his wife and twin daughters especially after seeing some of the pictures of the new girlfriend (those Family Value guys seem to like them trashy).  I would imagine because of this finally breaking open it will be open season on Mika and Joe's relationship.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

I feel very sorry for his wife and twin daughters especially after seeing some of the pictures of the new girlfriend (those Family Value guys seem to like them trashy).  I would imagine because of this finally breaking open it will be open season on Mika and Joe's relationship.

It always is the Family Values guys, innit. 

For those keeping tabs on the Maggie gossip, a lot of  journalists, including Kurt Bardella, are responding to the Trump Tweet with versions of "So why are you aways calling up Maggie, then?"

Relatedly, Bardella was on AM Joy this morning calling out the NRA and how they are responsible if anything happens to anyone in the media who they have called out in their propaganda videos. I'll link the clip below, he's good people now (??? ?‍♀️?), anyway, he mentions the misogyny in their Sexy Mika video (excuse me, Sexy Joe's Fiancée video) and how they know full well these videos are radicalizing their followers who then potentially think they need to take matters into their own hands. He would know...

Edited by XOQueens
I forgot Mika's right and proper name.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

For those keeping tabs on the Maggie gossip, a lot of  journalists, including Kurt Bardella, are responding to the Trump Tweet with versions of "So why are you aways calling up Maggie, then?"

Great tweet from Matt Negrin:

(phone rings)

MAGGIE: hello

TRUMP: this is trump, you have no access

MAGGIE: this is the third time you've called me today

TRUMP: so here's why i hate jeff sessions

eta:  and thank you for that Bardella clip.  I am glad some of the NRA clips are going out through the more MSM outlets so more people are aware of what they are peddling.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

Great tweet from Matt Negrin:

(phone rings)

MAGGIE: hello

TRUMP: this is trump, you have no access

MAGGIE: this is the third time you've called me today

TRUMP: so here's why i hate jeff sessions

Ha! Thanks, I hadn't seen that.

eta:  and thank you for that Bardella clip.  I am glad some of the NRA clips are going out through the more MSM outlets so more people are aware of what they are peddling.

I am glad mainstream outlets are picking up on it too. To be honest, I wish Morning Joe would tackle this since they are in the rare position of having someone who has been targeted as co-anchor. They could have a real, open, honest conversation about it on a more rooted level that's just not in the abstract. She/they have had to deal with the very real aftermath and can give voice to the damage their rhetoric does. Joe just randomly throwing it around on Twitter or awards show speeches doesn't give it the weight it deserves. Reid's segment was quite good (as always), but I reckon their two shows are two different audiences.

• Love 3

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/joe-scarborough-mika-brzezinski-engagement-donald-trump.html?utm_source=pin&utm_medium=s3&utm_campaign=sharebutton-t

I didn't recall ever seeing this New York Magazine story about JoMika. It is insane.   No punches are pulled. The truth about the Mar a Lago NYE party (Joe is lying), how egotistical and ridiculous they are, but tbs, they really do love each other. When they aren't fighting. 

Favorite quote: “She has Joe so pussy-whipped that he left the Republican Party. If that isn’t knowing your value, I don’t know what is,” Rothstein joked.

Joe: You could go down the long list; people have been doing it all the time. I mean, people at this network, people at other networks, they don’t admit it, but they do it all the time. The difference is, they have very chummy relationships, whether it’s in Nantucket or Martha’s Vineyard or the Hamptons or wherever. We really don’t have chummy relationships.”

An anchor from a rival network dismissed this idea. “They have done everything they could do to be friends with Trump, and Trump rejected them,” the anchor said. “They’re full of shit.”

DUH

• Love 4