Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Cup O' Joe

Dagny

Please remember that the Small Talk thread does not allow for the conversations that violate the Primetimer Politics Rule.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

No wonder they get away with so much.  If you're a friend of Lack, you can get away with pretty much anything:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/again-and-again-accused-sexual-harassers-kept-their-jobs-under-nbc-news-chief-andy-lack

I tried to like Mika, but it’s getting to be too much. She’s really coming into her own as a disgusting hypocrite trying to make money off womens rights while aggressively defending her long list of problematic (to put it nicely) friends. 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I really wonder if they are panicking that this is going to blow up and something's going to come out about Joe. They seem way too uncomfortable discussing the Kavanaugh stuff.  

I find it hard to believe that a two time divorced loser who broke up another marriage didn't get a little frisky with the hired help.  With Lack on his way out, I wouldn't be surprised to hear they have paid off women because of his antics.

If there is a Goddess, She will ensure that Heilemann is on the show tomorrow morning. John was a bartender in Georgetown in '87-'88 and he tweeted that he remembers Mark Judge as "an obnoxious, slovenly, disrespectful, thuggish drunk." 

Someone replied "How does a bartender remember someone from over thirty years ago?! Or was Mark Judge that awful?"

Heilemann: "He was that awful -- and his older brother worked at the bar (and thought he was as terrible as the rest of us did)."

• Love 6

Whineandcheese, in addition to the yearbook crap here is a statement from his college roommate which is jaw dropping (and also not covered in MJ):

7 hours ago, suomi said:

If there is a Goddess, She will ensure that Heilemann is on the show tomorrow morning. John was a bartender in Georgetown in '87-'88 and he tweeted that he remembers Mark Judge as "an obnoxious, slovenly, disrespectful, thuggish drunk." 

Someone replied "How does a bartender remember someone from over thirty years ago?! Or was Mark Judge that awful?"

Heilemann: "He was that awful -- and his older brother worked at the bar (and thought he was as terrible as the rest of us did)."

It's good to see you posting again Suomi.  We missed you!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, suomi said:

omeone replied "How does a bartender remember someone from over thirty years ago?! Or was Mark Judge that awful?"

I actually tended bar and waited tables in bars in the 80s and I do remember the assholes. 

Re James Roche's statement: Holy shit. 

• Love 2

I just checked Mika's twitter. She said "everyone needs a purse holder", and there's a photo of Joe holding her purse standing off stage on the Today set. 

You can imagine the comments. 

And MJ is a "no smear" set, they will not allow anyone to smear Kavanaugh, Ford, or Ramirez. 

Except hadn't they already done just that?  Smeared Ford?

I have not seen a single journalist tv or print, call Brett Kavanaugh a rapist. I'm pretty sure the in house counsel for whoever they work for would tell everyone, do not say anything remotely close to that, as it has not been proven and you could be sued.

Joe is getting that and his other bs from Fox.  They ran the NYT original comment about Debbie Ramirez all day on a chyron, way after the Times had corrected the statement. 

Joe & Mika should get their paychecks from Murdoch instead of MSNBC. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I have not seen a single journalist tv or print, call Brett Kavanaugh a rapist.

THANK YOU!  Now that these two have jumped on the FBI train they pretend like Monday never happened.

Hey, that was a fun segment for Meek's on The View.  It was six minutes of Joe and about 30 seconds of Meeks and her book (which she had to shoehorn in that she refused Weinstein's money).  That's ok Meeks, we all know you have access to Joe's.

Oh and they did ask when they were finally going to get married.  Joe's response was "she won't marry me" and her response was "very soon".  The segment was a huge fail for Meeks and an equally huge diss from The View.  Joe may have been holding her purse but five bucks says she is beating him over the head with it now.

• Love 2

On the View Mika said "very soon"? I missed that. Joy called them "lovebirds". Lol

I thought Mika looked embarrassed while Joe smiled/smirked.

Edited by rcc
2 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

five bucks says she is beating him over the head with it now.

Nah.
She didn't invite Joe to join her in the expectation that he would sit quietly by and offer casual support as she kicked ass and sold Know Your Value as a social movement to American housewives.  She invited him on so  he would do all the taking and remove a responsibility to be succinct and cogent from her shoulders.  She's an idiot.  Her book has no supportable narrative.  "Know Your Value" = ask to get paid more.  The center point and end game of "Know Your Value" is increased salary.  "This is what I did to get paid more money."  It's not about producing more valuable experiences from your whole life, or understanding yourself spiritually or holistically... it's about thinking Mika wasn't making enough money as told through her own personal anecdotes.  The daughter of an ambassador, brother of an ambassador, private schools, network TV, cheated with a rich man and leveraged that to earn more.  Relatable, amiright?
So... she has on Joe to soak up the 5 minute block and hopefully her book will sell without her working to explain much.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, rcc said:

On the View Mika said "very soon"? I missed that. Joy called them "lovebirds". Lol

Yeah, I think she said it a couple of times but good catch I missed the "lovebirds" comment.  I guess I was too surprised to hear all the people on the panel clamoring to marry them!

• Love 1

What are, exactly, the methodologies that a woman progresses through to determine her relative value to other employees, to her company, to her loved ones, and to her community?
What if you evaluate your relative female value to your corporation and come to determine that no, you aren't more valuable than others and DON'T deserve more money?  Are you valueless?  Are you in the wrong job?  Do you place more value in  other aspects of your life?
NONE of this has ever been discussed on the show.  What did Dr B call Joe?  Stunningly superficial?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Relatable, amiright?

TOTES!  You are so right my friend! . . . :)

God we are so messy right now . . . sigh.

6 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

What are, exactly, the methodologies that a woman progresses through to determine her relative value to other employees, to her company, to her loved ones, and to her community?
What if you evaluate your relative female value to your corporation and come to determine that no, you aren't more valuable than others and DON'T deserve more money?  Are you valueless?  Are you in the wrong job?  Do you place more value in  other aspects of your life?
NONE of this has ever been discussed on the show.  What did Dr B call Joe?  Stunningly superficial?

HEY!  Why give away the milk if you aren't gonna buy the cow?  Those little nuggets are tucked into that classic she wrote along with don't wear high heels and steer clear of gluten/dairy/whatev's bullshit.

Oh and don't forget that classic, take time for yourself while swinging around a glass of cabernet.

eta:  Please know I mean no offense to folks that have been diagnosed with dairy, gluten or other allergies but I have grown weary of people that use those conditions as filler for their mantra of the day.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

It was six minutes of Joe and about 30 seconds of Meeks and her book (which she had to shoehorn in that she refused Weinstein's money). 

Why was Joe on if Mika was promoting her book? Is it Mika's book, or is Joe a co-author? I don't understand why they were on together. Is she afraid to go on a non-NBC show alone?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, may flowers said:

Why was Joe on if Mika was promoting her book? Is it Mika's book, or is Joe a co-author? I don't understand why they were on together. Is she afraid to go on a non-NBC show alone?

It’s such a bad optic. Her value is whatever Joe deems it to be. I wonder if she edited out the parts of her book that discussed him giving her his raise and then him backing her up when they were going to let her loose instead of giving her a raise. Their relationship brings up so many red flags that I just can’t imagine being her and not having the self-awareness to not find a new topic. It’s ✨fascinating✨ to watch. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, may flowers said:

EXACTLY.  Nothing like bringing along your sugardaddy to plug your empowerment book . . . what a complete farce.

34 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

It’s such a bad optic. Her value is whatever Joe deems it to be. I wonder if she edited out the parts of her book that discussed him giving her his raise and then him backing her up when they were going to let her loose instead of giving her a raise. Their relationship brings up so many red flags that I just can’t imagine being her and not having the self-awareness to not find a new topic. It’s ✨fascinating✨ to watch. 

I downloaded the book last night, and briefly skimmed through it. She left in the part about Joe giving her his bonuses, but she edited out the part from the original book that talked about Joe discussing the bonus issue with his then wife.

ETA: She also made sure to point out that that the bonus issue was MANY years before they would become romantically involved, and was only a business decisiion.

Edited by cased
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, cased said:

I downloaded the book last night, and briefly skimmed through it. She left in the part about Joe giving her his bonuses, but she edited out the part from the original book that talked about Joe discussing the bonus issue with his then wife.

ETA: She also made sure to point out that that the bonus issue was MANY years before they would become romantically involved, and was only a business decisiion.

Thanks, cased! For what it’s worth, I don’t believe her saying they weren’t romantically involved yet. 

Does she omit the claims Joe hired her because he thought she was hot and smitten from watching her overnight hand-off shifts?

2 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Thanks, cased! For what it’s worth, I don’t believe her saying they weren’t romantically involved yet. 

Does she omit the claims Joe hired her because he thought she was hot and smitten from watching her overnight hand-off shifts?

I actually can believe that they were not romantically involved at the time (which was around 2008), but it was not "many years" before they became involved, probably 1-2 at the most. And even if nothing was happening between them at the time, I do believe that Joe wanted to, which is why he was so desperate to keep here around.

Mika added a metoo chapter, and  she addressed the "elephant in the room" and said that her relatonship with Joe started with them as equals, with no power discrepancy (my words, I don't have the book in front of me).

Joe does get bonus points, though, for apparently getting up early every Saturday to go an buy coffee for Mika.

5 minutes ago, cased said:

I actually can believe that they were not romantically involved at the time (which was around 2008), but it was not "many years" before they became involved, probably 1-2 at the most. And even if nothing was happening between them at the time, I do believe that Joe wanted to, which is why he was so desperate to keep here around.

Mika added a metoo chapter, and  she addressed the "elephant in the room" and said that her relatonship with Joe started with them as equals, with no power discrepancy (my words, I don't have the book in front of me).

Joe does get bonus points, though, for apparently getting up early every Saturday to go an buy coffee for Mika.

You’re sweeter than me. Lol.  No way I give a man or woman bonus points for being a basic caring and attentive human being by getting the coffee ready on a weekend. 

Its interesting Mika saw their relationship starting as equals because objectively it didn’t (and it still isn’t). You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn’t say this is Joe’s show. Just as you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who, at this point with the both phoning it in, doesn’t refer to her as a bobble-head TelePrompTer reader. She hasn’t don’t herself any favors, which is what really frustrates me in all of this. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chloesmom said:

Oh and they did ask when they were finally going to get married.  Joe's response was "she won't marry me" and her response was "very soon".  The segment was a huge fail for Meeks and an equally huge diss from The View. 

They're trying to break Pam Beasley & Roy's record for longest engagement. 

41 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

that her relatonship with Joe started with them as equa

They aren't now, nor have they ever been equals. He's paid more, his name is in the title of the show, and she is there because she's sleeping with him. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

They aren't now, nor have they ever been equals. He's paid more, his name is in the title of the show, and she is there because she's sleeping with him. 

Of course. But Mika is not going to write that in her book.

3 hours ago, XOQueens said:

You’re sweeter than me. Lol.  No way I give a man or woman bonus points for being a basic caring and attentive human being by getting the coffee ready on a weekend. 

Well, it is Joe we are talking about, so I set the bar low. Also, it sounded like he was going out to buy the coffee, and I do know some men who would not do that.

I just watched a YouTube bootleg of The View appearance. The View’s camera folk did not get the memo for Mika and Joe’s good angles. They both looked pretty rough in HD. 

Joe completely steamrolled over Mika. But when he didn’t, she completely 180-ed on her FBI stance from their show. Know your value, girl, amirite.

Who was the pretty brunette woman Joe was flattering and sucking up to? The one he said “I wish your father was President” to, as if a grown woman’s worth is wrapped up in her father’s career.

Why does Mika try to pretend she was doing some huge thing to saying no to Harvey’s publishing company after the allegations were made public? There’s no way she didn’t know everything about his predatory behavior before then. Everyone in her circles knew, everyone in Manhattan knew, he was on her show before. She mightn’t have cared because it wasn’t in public writing yet, but there’s zero chance she didn’t know all about him.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Who was the pretty brunette woman Joe was flattering and sucking up to? The one he said “I wish your father was President” to, as if a grown woman’s worth is wrapped up in her father’s career.

I haven't watched it yet, but I'm pretty sure it was Abby Huntsman, Jon Huntsman's daughter.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, rcc said:

Yes, Joy said "When are you lovebirds getting married? Mika kept saying "soon, very soon" and Joe said "Mika won't marry me"

and did anyone catch this "ewww" moment? Earlier in the show, there was a segment  about parents or older people having sex, and Abby Huntsman was talking about her parents being in love and having sex. Then, right at the end of the Mika/Joe segment, someone asked them if they ever got tired of each other, and Mika piped up with "Oh no, we're like the Huntsmans"

• Love 2

Joe should listen to this week's episode of Pod Save America. They're laying out the timeline of events surrounding Dr Ford, and how the R's were ready for it before we knew her name. 

That is, if he had the slightest interest in facts. 

God is there anyone Joe won't suck up to in his idiot attempt to become a relevant politician again. "your dad should be POTUS, and if he was, would he hire me?"

I guess Avenatti has the receipts - someone at the parties, spiking drinks, boys lined up outside room waiting their turn,  and mentions of "Beach Week", which is noted in Kavanaugh's calendar.   

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1044960428730843136

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, WhineandCheez said:

I also am hoping Kimmel or someone else does a "What I did on My summer Vacation in 1982" calendar segment.

the calendar is fair game.   The fact that the latest victim mentioned "Beach Week", and he's got it in huge letters across an entire week. 

• Love 1

All movements begin with a trickle. Born in '65, Kavanaugh was 33 years old in '98. Tune in tomorrow morning to see if Mika sweeps allegation #4 under the rug:

The sender of the complaint described an evening involving her own daughter, Kavanaugh and several friends in 1998.

"When they left the bar (under the influence of alcohol) they were all shocked when Brett Kavanaugh, shoved her friend up against the wall very aggressively and sexually."

"There were at least four witnesses including my daughter." The writer of the letter provided no names but said the alleged victim was still traumatized and had decided to remain anonymous herself.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-probing-new-allegation-of-misconduct-against-kavanaugh/ar-AAAHh28?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by suomi
typo

The comments below Avenatti's tweet are deeply depressing and disturbing.  I wonder if those accounts who posted hundreds of times blaming victims (and more bizarrely, Democrats), are real people who really think that girls went to frat parties expecting there to be rapes... and it's not the raping that's the issue, the issue is that the girls allowed themselves to be present.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

The comments below Avenatti's tweet are deeply depressing and disturbing.  I wonder if those accounts who posted hundreds of times blaming victims (and more bizarrely, Democrats), are real people who really think that girls went to frat parties expecting there to be rapes... and it's not the raping that's the issue, the issue is that the girls allowed themselves to be present.

I find that the comments to most tweets are deeply disturbing, whether I agree with the origninal tweet or not. I like twitter to keep up with the news, but it really does bring out the worst in people.

• Love 1

In the midst of Dr. Ford's highly credible, emotionally wrenching testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee....Mika "Empower of Women" Brzeninski tweets out a photo of herself and Katie Couric with a cheery little plug for her KYV event.

What a hag.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, Eliot said:

In the midst of Dr. Ford's highly credible, emotionally wrenching testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee....Mika "Empower of Women" Brzeninski tweets out a photo of herself and Katie Couric with a cheery little plug for her KYV event.

What a hag.

Everyone with two brain cells to rub together is transfixed by the coverage of the hearing, Lindsay Graham is foaming at the mouth, and Scoop is promoting herself. Sounds about right.

• Love 1

Lindsay Graham is foaming at the mouth,

Yeah, I guess you can call Graham's veiled threat "foaming at the mouth":

Well let me put it this way to my Republican colleagues. If this becomes the new standard where you have an accusation for weeks, you drop it right before the hearing, you withhold from the committee a chance to do this in a professional timely fashion. When they say they’re going to do this is to delay the vote, get the Senate back in 2018 so they can fill the seat. I don’t want to publicly reward that kind of behavior. (WhineandCheez adds: MERRICKGARLANDMERRICKGARLANDMERRICKGARLAND because that seems to be all I can say anymore..) I think we’ve been very fair. And to my Republican colleagues. If you can ignore everything in this record an allegation that’s 35 years old, that’s uncertain in time, place, date and no corroboration. If that’s enough for you, God help us all as Republicans. Because this happens to us, but this never happens to them. Let me tell my democratic friends, if this is the new norm, you better watch out for your nominees.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1