Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The only cancellation I’m surprised about is Designated Survivor. I thought it was doing well enough to fly under the radar.

I was curious, so I just looked it up.  Looks like it's been getting between 0.5-0.7, with a 0.5 for its most recent episode.

1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Assuming Gotham and Lethal Weapon (both WB) also get cancelled, that means Fox will have no non-Fox productions on their network next season.  All the new shows they've picked up have been 20th Century Fox Productions.  Consequence of the sale to Disney maybe?

That’s what I’m wondering though I thought it would happen after the sale was finalized. 

I'm sad about Wayward Sisters. I was actually really excited to have an all female cast where a lot of them were truly likable. Plus, WS already has a built-in fanbase. If they pick up the stupid Hope spinoff, I'll be a little pissed. 

This might be interesting?

Whiskey Cavalier Starring Scott Foley, Lauren Cohan Ordered to Series at ABC

ABC has formally ordered Whiskey Cavalier — the action dramedy starring Scandal’s Scott Foley and The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan — to series. 

The series, from writer/executive producer Dave Hemingson and executive producer Bill Lawrence, is described as a high-octane, thriller that follows the adventures of tough but tender FBI super-agent Will Chase (codename: “Whiskey Cavalier”), played by Foley. Following an emotional break-up, Chase is assigned to work with badass CIA operative Francesca “Frankie” Trowbridge (codename: “Fiery Tribune”), played by Cohan. Together, they lead an inter-agency team of flawed, funny and heroic spies who periodically save the world (and each other) while navigating the rocky roads of friendship, romance and office politics.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm sad about Wayward Sisters. I was actually really excited to have an all female cast where a lot of them were truly likable. Plus, WS already has a built-in fanbase. If they pick up the stupid Hope spinoff, I'll be a little pissed. 

Ouch....

A late entrant in the race, Julie Plec’s new project set in The Vampire Diaries/The Originals universe, Legacies, also scored a series order. I hear it came down to that and the Supernatural spinoff Wayward Sisters, and the network opted to go with Legacies based off a script by Plec and encouraged by the solid ratings for the final season of The Originals. Wayward Sisters is not going forward.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I’m trying to figure out who wanted the Hope spinoff when we’ve only had four episodes with her. Why another spinoff of a spinoff? Also was WS too much estrogen for The CW? I thought the backdoor pilot did very well and got a positive reaction. So I’m a bit confused. I just haven’t heard a lot about the Hope spinoff to begin with so I’m just disappointed. 

41 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I wonder what this will mean for Lauren's character on TWD. Will Maggie just get killed off in the premiere of S9? That'd be weird since the final episode of S8 seemed to be establishing a big plotline with her, Daryl and Jesus. Kinda think TWD has gone on too long, anyway. So many boring, filler episodes.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

They did! I'd rather Wayward Sisters was picked up. I guess it's more important to CW to continue the lame VD verse, then the universe of its longest running show 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SleepDeprived said:

I wonder what this will mean for Lauren's character on TWD. Will Maggie just get killed off in the premiere of S9? That'd be weird since the final episode of S8 seemed to be establishing a big plotline with her, Daryl and Jesus. Kinda think TWD has gone on too long, anyway. So many boring, filler episodes.

According to Deadline:

The pickup for Whiskey Cavalier means that Cohan won’t be able to return to The Walking Dead full time but she has been cleared to do multiple episodes during her hiatus from the ABC show. She still will need to negotiate a deal for that.

• Love 1

Assuming the CW is done with its orders, it's interesting that, after everything, they only ended up picking up one more new show than last year.  

About For The People - I didn't realize that was a Shondaland show.  That's probably why it got saved, despite its ratings.

(edited)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Rescued by NBC (!), Renewed for 13-Episode Season 6

In the immortal words of Captain Holt: Hot damn! 

NBC has picked up the cancelled Fox comedy Brooklyn Nine-Nine, ordering a 13-episode Season 6, TVLine has confirmed. The full cast, led by Andy Samberg, is set to return. 

“Ever since we sold this show to Fox, I’ve regretted letting it get away, and it’s high time it came back to its rightful home,” NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement. “Mike Schur, Dan Goor and Andy Samberg grew up on NBC, and we’re all thrilled that one of the smartest, funniest, and best cast comedies in a long time will take its place in our comedy line-up. I speak for everyone at NBC, here’s to the Nine-Nine!”

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

Lord,  this cancellation season is fucking with my heart so bad.  From sad to relieved to sad blessed with Brooklyn 99.  Then right after reading about Lucifer.  Being scared for Gotham.   Missing the Mick.  Another season of arrow,  with Colton but minus Willa.   I have absolutely no idea what to feel. 

3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

In line at HVFF. On the one hand it’s way more crowded than last year (they paired with Walker Stalker so it makes sense). On the other it means I can start my Comic Con training early this year. 

Are you seeing the Arrow people?

FIND OUT ABOUT MY OLICITOT!!!! I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!!!!

• Love 3