Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Changed my icon (went from season one to season five Felicity, about time, lol) and also changed my Cover Photo/header on my profile to a lovely gif of a lovely moment in Underneath.  And accidentally it worked out that it looks like icon Felicity is gazing at the gif with worshipful adoration, lol.  I just love it!  

• Love 6
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Very nice and very fancy @BkWurm1!

Meanwhile I've  yet to master italics on A03!

Lol.  If you are in Rich Text then it's just like the Italic button here. If you are in HTML, then you can use tags like the ones below around your chosen text.  (I put the tags in bold)

<em> "And yes, I lost a bet." </em>

As for the "fancy", the site makes it really easy if you ever want to know how to do it.  

Edited by BkWurm1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol.  If you are in Rich Text then it's just like the Italic button here. If you are in HTML, then you can use tags like the ones below around your chosen text.  (I put the tags in bold)

<em> "And yes, I lost a bet." </em>

Thanks hun! Any idea how I get Rich Text?

I like the idea of a button! Button to press is good!!!

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Thanks hun! Any idea how I get Rich Text?

I like the idea of a button! Button to press is good!!!

Find the box you will paste in your story. (Work Text) Look to the upper right hand corner of it.  You will see a button for Rich Text and a button for HTML.  Click on Rich Text.  Paste your story!  Then you can go back and highlight where you need italics if it doesn't automatically transfer over (I can't remember if it normally does or doesn't)

If you want to use Italics in boxes that don't show the rich text option (like chapter notes or summaries, that's when you use the HTML tags.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Find the box you will paste in your story.  Look to the upper right hand corner of it.  You will see a button for Rich Text and a button for HTML.  Click on Rich Text.  Past your story!  Then you can go back and highlight were you need italics if it doesn't automatically transfer over (I can't remember if it normally does or doesn't)

Omg you are the best!!!! *huggles*

You have changed my AO3 life!!!!!! 

7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, Riverdale is my surprise favorite new show.  Somehow they do DRAMA in the best possible way and it's so pretty to watch.  I love the ensemble cast.  There isn't a character that I don't enjoy even if it's just love to hate.  (But mostly it's just just love even when I should hate them)

Edited:  Actually I did hate Miss Grundy but they booted her from the show a long time ago.  

Riverdale is easily my favorite new drama. I don't Hate any of the main characters at this time. But that depends on if Writers decide to keep Archie from being a fuckboy. Based on a Instagram post from Camilla Mendes Archie and Veronica look to be going all the way tonight but the sneak preview for tonight Has people who want Silly Barchie to Happen freaking out cause he is Sussopedly looking at Betty repeatedly while singing.

9 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Riverdale is easily my favorite new drama. I don't Hate any of the main characters at this time. But that depends on if Writers decide to keep Archie from being a fuckboy. Based on a Instagram post from Camilla Mendes Archie and Veronica look to be going all the way tonight but the sneak preview for tonight Has people who want Silly Barchie to Happen freaking out cause he is Sussopedly looking at Betty repeatedly while singing.

I fully expect them to work that triangle for as long as the show lasts.  But I'm oddly zen about it.  I really like Betty and Jug but clearly his emotional issues will break them up and I'd like her to have her chance with Archie if only to decide he's not that much of a catch and in the meantime, why not Veronica and Archie?  Archie is kind of a hot mess but he's entertaining me for now.  

(edited)
40 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I fully expect them to work that triangle for as long as the show lasts.  But I'm oddly zen about it.  I really like Betty and Jug but clearly his emotional issues will break them up and I'd like her to have her chance with Archie if only to decide he's not that much of a catch and in the meantime, why not Veronica and Archie?  Archie is kind of a hot mess but he's entertaining me for now.  

I ship Varchie and Bughead. Id rather Betty NOT date Archie cause it ruins the Beronica Friendship which is one of my fave relationships as well as Archie and Jughead's bromance. I think the writers would be stupid to ruin those relationships. Plus if they have to do stupid triangles I'd rather other characters like Cheryl and Reggie enter the fray. betty and Veronica fighting over a fickle fuckboy is not entertaining to me. I can't stand fickle people or Characters 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, jay741982 said:

I ship Varchie and Bughead. Id rather Betty NOT date Archie cause it ruins the Beronica Friendship which is one of my fave relationships as well as Archie and Jughead's bromance. I think the writers would be stupid to ruin those relationships. Plus if they have to do stupid triangles I'd rather other characters like Cheryl and Reggie enter the fray. betty and Veronica fighting over a fickle fuckboy is not entertaining to me. I can't stand fickle people or Characters 

Me either but I feel pretty certain they'd go out of their way to make it happen only the other is ok with it happening.  I don't think they'd implode Betty and Veronica's friendship over it.  I think they are going to do the triangle as less them fighting over him than taking turns, lol.  But I also don't think they'd put Archie and Betty until at least the end of next season if not later.  

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Me either but I feel pretty certain they'd go out of their way to make it happen only the other is ok with it happening.  I don't think they'd implode Betty and Veronica's friendship over it.  I think they are going to do the triangle as less them fighting over him than taking turns, lol.  But I also don't think they'd put Archie and Betty until at least the end of next season if not later.  

Maybe but man I can't root for it. Espically after tonight WOOO! KJ and Camilla have awesome chem and so do Lili and Cole. Wish Bughead sexy times wasn't interrupted!

(edited)

Add this to the category of 'Romance in Comics' (or 'Comics Are Soap Operas') - this was retweeted by MG...

Loving Claremontisms, With ‘All My Heart’
by Brian Cronin  May 11, 2017
http://www.cbr.com/x-men-claremont-all-my-heart/

In Drawing Crazy Patterns, I spotlight at least five scenes/moments from within comic book stories that fit under a specific theme (basically, stuff that happens frequently in comics).

This is a special SUB-set, which is “Claremontisms,” which are honoring one of the bits that Chris Claremont frequently features in his work (especially his X-Men work).

Today, we look at the phrase “all my heart.” ...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Producers Sony TV fought hard to keep the show going after the initial cancellation with both Kripke and co-creator/co-showrunner Shawn Ryan having pitched a family-friendly take on season two. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the independent studio had been offering the lion's share of the profits to NBC in exchange for the renewal as SPT believe in the show's creative and that it has a solid chance to be a long-running, family-friendly franchise. Early buzz has the drama moving from its former 10 p.m. slot to a potential home at 8 p.m. as the show has been a favorite for co-viewing with parents and children. (The Smithsonian also hosted a panel for the show.)

Good for them for getting a second season. (Also good for Susanna Thompson.)

But how are they going to make a season diving into Rittenhouse "family-friendly"?  That stuff scares the bejeebus out of me.

On OuaT, the departing characters at the end of this season will be

Spoiler

Snow, Charming, Belle, Henry and Zelena, as well as Emma

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Has anyone watched Mildred Pierce? I started watching it because of Kate Winslet, but I've found Mildred infuriating for most of the two episodes I have seen. I don't know what gets me more, her naivete, high fallutin' attitude, or horrible mothering and enabling of her horrid, bratty older kid. Most of the times, the answer is the last one. Is this a story of personal growth? Because I only see Veda getting worse, not better, and she's already a pretty rotten human at the age of about 10 or so. So I need some guidance whether to watch the remaining three episodes or not.

Frankly, I was all set to leave it be, but then there was a terrific quiet scene between Mildred and her husband in the second episode that just got to me. Also, at this point, he kind of seems like the best man around, and I did not expect that at the start of the first episode.

(edited)

MONDAY
8 pm The Voice
10 pm THE BRAVE

TUESDAY
8 pm The Voice
9 pm Superstore (new time slot)
9: 30 pm The Good Place (new time slot)
10 pm Chicago Fire

WEDNESDAY
8 pm The Blacklist (new time slot)
9 pm Law & Order: SVU
10 pm Chicago P.D.

THURSDAY
8 pm WILL & GRACE
8:30 Great News (new time slot)
9 pm This Is Us (new time slot)
10 pm LAW & ORDER TRUE CRIME: THE MENENDEZ MURDERS

FRIDAY
8 pm Blindspot (new time slot)
9 pm Taken (new time slot)
10 pm Dateline

SATURDAY
8 pm Dateline Mysteries
10 pm Saturday Night Live (encores)

SUNDAY
7 pm Football Night in America
8:20 pm NBC Sunday Night Football

NBC FALL SCHEDULE FOR 2017/2018

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/nbc-announces-fall-2017-schedule.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Remember that Olympics will be airing in February so most of the shows might be off during that time. 

Edited by Velocity23

MONDAY
8/7c: Lucifer
9/8c: Marvel's The Gifted (New series)

TUESDAY
8/7c: Lethal Weapon
9/8c: The Mick
9:30/8:30c: Brooklyn Nine-Nine

WEDNESDAY
8/7c: Empire
9/8c: Star

THURSDAY
8/7c: Gotham
9/8c: The Orville (New series)

FRIDAY
8/7c: Hell's Kitchen
9/8c: The Exorcist

SATURDAY
7/6c: Fox Sports Saturday: Fox College Football

SUNDAY
7/6c: NFL on Fox
7:30/6:30c: The OT / Bob's Burgers
8/7c: The Simpsons
8:30/7:30c: Ghosted (New series)
9/8c: Family Guy
9:30/8:30c: The Last Man on Earth

FOX schedule

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/fox-announces-2017-18-primetime-schedule.html

26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Empire is huge.  How is that going to help Arrow?

Being huge doesn't equate to sharing an audience. There's a lot of overlap between Lethal Weapon and Arrow both appeal to the young male demo. There's probably not as much overlap between Arrow and Empire

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Every time.  EVERY TIME, I read Pantry Moth, I misread it as PANTY Moth.  

Then I giggle like a 12 year old boy.  

I am a big time cook/baker and one year they invaded my entire pantry (we traced the source to some sketchy nuts I bought at the market that were in open air). I had to throw out EVERYTHING! They are so so so HATED in my house! HATED!!!!!!! While I reorganised my entire pantry and put everything in boxes I would go on a murderous spree whenever I ever saw one. HATE!!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I am a big time cook/baker and one year they invaded my entire pantry (we traced the source to some sketchy nuts I bought at the market that were in open air). I had to throw out EVERYTHING! They are so so so HATED in my house! HATED!!!!!!! While I reorganised my entire pantry and put everything in boxes I would go on a murderous spree whenever I ever saw one. HATE!!!!!!!!!

That sounds awful.  I didn't realize a pantry moth was even a real thing.  The only moths I've ever heard about being problematic are the ones that might eat wool and since I don't own anything wool, (too itchy or hot) moths are the one bug that don't bug me.  Sure they flutter about and die in inconvenient places (usually IN the ceiling lights) but at least they don't bite.  I had no idea they could cause such damage.  

MONDAY:
8:00 p.m.         “Dancing with the Stars”
10:00 p.m.       “The Good Doctor”

TUESDAY:
8:00 p.m.         “The Middle”
8:30 p.m.         “Fresh Off the Boat” (new time period)
9:00 p.m.         “black-ish” (new day and time period)
9:30 p.m.         “The Mayor”
10:00 p.m.       “The Gospel of Kevin”

WEDNESDAY:
8:00 p.m.         “The Goldbergs”
8:30 p.m.         “Speechless”
9:00 p.m.         “Modern Family”
9:30 p.m.         “American Housewife” (new day and time period)
10:00 p.m.       “Designated Survivor”

THURSDAY:
8:00 p.m.         “Grey’s Anatomy”
9:00 p.m.         “Scandal”
10:00 p.m.       “How to Get Away with Murder”

FRIDAY:
8:00 p.m.         “Once Upon a Time” (new day and time period)
9:00 p.m.         “Marvel’s Inhumans”
10:00 p.m.       “20/20”

SATURDAY:
8:00 p.m.         “Saturday Night Football”

SUNDAY:
7:00 p.m.         “America’s Funniest Home Videos”
8:00 p.m.         “To Tell the Truth” (new day and time period)
9:00 p.m.         “Shark Tank” (new day and time period)
10:00 p.m.       “Ten Days in the Valley”

ABC schedule

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/16/abc-fall-schedule-2017/

We were infected by pantry moths a few years ago and in spite of cleaning and locking up everything tight and putting grains in the fridge, I can't get rid of them.  They somehow even get into glass jars.  Pantry moth is the perfect name for Susan.

10 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

The only moths I've ever heard about being problematic are the ones that might eat wool and since I don't own anything wool, (too itchy or hot) moths are the one bug that don't bug me.

They also eat cotton sweaters and other soft fabrics.   I'm doing a lot more mending these days.

• Love 2

I threw everything out @statsgirl and had to start again. 

Are they still growing in your jars after a few months? Apparently they can exist on very little food!

Or they might be coming from those particular grains themselves. My parents got a nasty shock when they opened a new packet of basmati rice and a swarm of moths flew out. I told em it was a sign to keep eating jasmine rice!

I didn't know they attacked clothes as well!!!!!!

(edited)

I threw out things and washed the shelves but I think they got into the woodwork of the house because they keep coming back.  They somehow get into even tightly sealed containers so I keep the rice and oatmeal in the fridge now. For some reason, they leave the sugar along.

Like Susan, they ruin my nice things and I can't get rid of them.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Guys I get to go to Costco today!!!!! A full day at Costco!!!!! Child free!!!!!!! Soooo excited!!!!!!!

Our Costco is in the middle of whoop whoop and you have to pass several busy highways to get to it so I can't drive there. Lovely hubby has taken a day off work to let me hop skip all around to my hearts content!!!! 

Will need to play tetris with my freezers afterwards though which is the unpleasant task after Costco. 

• Love 2

Omg are you close enough to pop by during lunch??? Soooo jealous!!!!

Saturday is the day with tonnes of freebies here but it's pretty sparse on a week day.  Mind you I only get to go like 4 times a year so I'm no expert!

@statsgirl I bought 8 lobster tails from Canada today. I usually buy the ones from the Bahamas but as I was browsing I thought to myself let's buy lobster tails from where that nice fellow shipper comes from!

Have finished wilting 2kg of spinach for freezing. It's going to be a long night tonight!

• Love 1