Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

38 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

Hi calliope, does he always cry during trips? Cats are very territorial so they don't really like leaving their home and traveling (hence the meowing), is it possible to leave him at home next time and have someone stop by a couple times a day to feed him and play with him and just keep an eye on him? if it is I would recommend considering doing that, it doesn't sound like he enjoys traveling very much.

That's what I usually do, but I was gone for over two weeks this time and my friend cat-sitter has moved and it was too cost prohibitive for my paid cat sitter. They seemed to like my parents house once we got there. Believe me, I was just as miserable as they were, and I hate that they were so stressed out. My older one has done this trip a couple times and was resigned though not thrilled. There's a high probability I'll be moving out of state soon, and I'm already dreading moving them. 

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Bissell makes a Stain & Odor Eliminator that works about as good as anything I've found.  PetSmart carries it in my area, or you can order it online.  Or their Stain & Stink products are good too.

Edited by Starfish35
Repeating myself
2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Bissell makes a Stain & Odor Eliminator that works about as good as anything I've found.  PetSmart carries it in my area, or you can order it online.  

Thanks for the rec! I'll add it to my list of possible solutions. 

5 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

In unrelated news, I just came back from my vacation at my parents house - a 16 hour drive. One of my cats peed in my car. The towel and sheet I had under his carrier seems to have gotten most of it, but there is a smell if you get close to the seat. I'm seeing vinegar mixes or a product called Nature's Miracle from Google. Anyone have any real world experience with how to make my car not reek? 

My niece had a bed wetting accident when she was sleeping over once and vinegar and soda did the trick. I don't remember the exact recipe, but I spritzed a vinegar-water mix and then sprinkled soda on top of it. I did it a few times but it worked.

• Love 1

http://deadline.com/2016/06/the-first-wives-club-alyson-hannigan-megan-hilty-star-tv-land-remake-1201766338/

I thought the movie The First Wives Club was a delight. Three funny women who worked really well together was great to see, and the dance scene at the end to You Don't Own Me was so much fun. I'll probably check out the show but I was really hoping for Hannigan to get a juicy supporting role in a drama series. I guess a comedy would be easier on her schedule but I'll watch for her in any case.

(edited)
2 hours ago, bijoux said:

My niece had a bed wetting accident when she was sleeping over once and vinegar and soda did the trick. I don't remember the exact recipe, but I spritzed a vinegar-water mix and then sprinkled soda on top of it. I did it a few times but it worked.

I've heard that too but I hate the smell of vinegar personally, lol. 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sad news about Muhammad Ali. ? 

RIP

Aww!  :(

Edited by BkWurm1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Lol, I've heard that too but I hate the smell of vinegar personally, lol. 

It aired out easily. And I think the soda counteracted the smell.

(edited)
9 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I used to be a bit self-conscious of my fandom, but then I realized that men can spend hours planning, discussing, etc. their fantasy sportsball teams, and no one bats an eye. That type of obsession is a-okay, but me picking apart a TV or writing fanfic is weird? Uh uh. Suck it, haters. 

I used to work at a company where you really had to keep up with local sports in order to  participate in small talk with the boss. Also, if you wanted to take a personal half day off from work to go to an afternoon MLB baseball game (then known as a "businessmen's special"), it was approved, understood and even envied.  However, if you wanted to take a personal half day off from work to go see a Broadway matinee show, then it might be allowed but you would be considered a slacker and someone who didn't take your job seriously.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sad news about Muhammad Ali. ? 

RIP

So sad to hear. I know he probably fought hard until the end. Parkinson's is a wicked disease that rips so much away from people & their families. May he rest in peace and thoughts and prayers to his family.

He was a strong man with strong convictions and fought to make life more just for everybody. Which is honorable considering the times he lived in. It's rare to see that type of courage and integrity these days, especially from celebrities, even if he was a little brash & cocky at times.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2016 at 11:10 PM, calliope1975 said:

In unrelated news, I just came back from my vacation at my parents house - a 16 hour drive. One of my cats peed in my car. The towel and sheet I had under his carrier seems to have gotten most of it, but there is a smell if you get close to the seat. I'm seeing vinegar mixes or a product called Nature's Miracle from Google. Anyone have any real world experience with how to make my car not reek? 

I had good luck with this Zero Odor spray when my dog took a direct hit to the chest from a skunk, came in the house, and proceeded to roll around in every single doggie bed in an attempt to get the smell off.  It has a slight bleachy smell, and it took multiple applications to completely neutralize the odor, but it worked for me.

14 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

I had good luck with this Zero Odor spray when my dog took a direct hit to the chest from a skunk, came in the house, and proceeded to roll around in every single doggie bed in an attempt to get the smell off.  It has a slight bleachy smell, and it took multiple applications to completely neutralize the odor, but it worked for me.

Thanks, I will make a note of this. I ended up trying a vinegar mix, then buying some Nature's Miracle today at Petco. The carrier is good now, and my car seems about 75% better. I'll do another round to hopefully get that last 25% odor gone. I've learned my lesson - I'm going to blanket that back seat in puppy pads the next time I have to take them anywhere. 

• Love 2

Was reading the other thread about whether SA would renew his contract. Made me curious about something. 

How long do you guys want Arrow to run for?

Have you watched any shows that for renewed forever and still remained very good despite having many many many seasons?

For me I think the more seasons there are, the more likely there is scope for the show to go to the weeds. I remember watching Sliders and then they changed all the people around later and it was crap.  

Medium had a really dodgy ending imo and I blame that ending on them getting renewed when it should have ended already.

Loved Continuum and Chuck, thought those 2 ended before things went to crap. 

I think the six seasons he's signed up for are just right. The fifth should close the chapter on the missing five years and the sixth would give an insight into how he and the team would go on with their lives. I don't really want it to go on forever.

• Love 8
(edited)

This excerpt from a recent Outlander review ("OUTLANDER RECAP: LEARNING TO PUT THE 'APT' IN ADAPTATION") could also be applied to Arrow - and Poldark as well...

It has been striking, over the past two seasons, to see how many people justify some of Outlander’s choices by saying, “It’s the book,” with a kind of reverence usually held for biblical texts. The book is certainly the source material and should be respected, but attributing the television show’s choices to “the book,” as if that somehow adequately answers a question, is silly. And for those of us trying to make sense of the show on its own, it’s also frustrating. After all, maybe the choices we complain about in the show are also worth complaining about in the book. Source material is not infallible—just as our parents are human, flawed creatures.
Clearly, the process of adapting fiction for the screen, small or big, is fraught. There are many masters to please. I am left wondering if there is such a thing as being too faithful to the source material. Because the Outlander TV series so diligently follows the book, it often feels like an intimate conversation to which much of the audience is not privy. It leaves a lot of us enjoying what we see but feeling, somehow, left out. As I embark on my own adaptation project, I hope no one feels left out—while realizing, even this early on, that inevitably, someone will.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

These two articles were retweeted by MG...

Ghostbusters, Frozen, and the strange entitlement of fan culture
By Jesse Hassenger May 25, 2016  9:00 AM
http://www.avclub.com/article/ghostbusters-frozen-and-strange-entitlement-fan-cu-237139

This idea—that it’s good taste and faithful fandom, not sexism, that fuels backlash against an unreleased, as-yet-unseen movie [Ghostbusters] based on nothing more than a trailer—has been capably refuted elsewhere. What interests me about Rolfe’s response is the way it reflects modern fan culture, and what might be dubbed the fanification of everything. The simultaneous rise of comic-book movies and the internet has certainly brought a fair amount of formerly nerdy pursuits into the mainstream. But while it’s beloved by plenty of nerds, and has plenty of Dan Aykroyd-penned mythology in its genesis and background details, Ghostbusters has never been a particularly niche interest. During its initial release, it became one of the highest-grossing comedies of all time. It’s still pretty high on the inflation-adjusted list, rendering it about as obscure as Beverly Hills Cop or Home Alone. (The unadjusted list was recently topped by the new Star Wars movie, the ultimate “nerdy” pursuit that happens to be wildly popular in just about every demographic.)
... In short, he would be more enthusiastic about this movie if it took his feelings as a fan into account (and, judging from the way he talks around the female cast, probably also if it had fewer women in it. You know, a reasonable number—something less reflective of the actual number of women in the world, and more reflective of Hollywood in the ’80s). He also brings up children who will know the non-sequel 2016 version more readily than the 1984 version, implying that they, too, will suffer when Sony fails to preserve his vision for Ghostbusters III.
The entirely valid reasons for wanting Elsa or another Disney princess to be confirmed as gay are outlined in Caroline Siede’s excellent essay. And to be sure, there is a fine line between giving into ridiculous fan demands and listening to your audience, especially regarding representation. If an all-female team of Ghostbusters is the result of filmmakers finally and belatedly catching up with the reality that it’s okay, even preferable, to have more than one major female character per movie, all the better. Even more direct campaigns can still have positive effects; perhaps the support for #GiveElsaAGirlfriend might convince Disney that even if they don’t take that specific suggestion for Elsa, broad enough support exists for them to include gay characters in future films. But there’s still something unnervingly prescriptive about the notion that the storyline of Frozen 2 and the sexuality of one of its main characters should be, in effect, crowdsourced into large-scale fan-fiction. While the intentions come from a better, more inclusive place, insisting that Elsa should be given a girlfriend by popular demand is not so different than insisting that ghostbusting ought to be a male profession, to better conform to childhood memories (which often include, it should be noted, Ghostbusters-related ephemera that is mostly crap).
Of course, the things fans are actually entitled to are their own opinions and feelings, even petty or deeply stupid ones. But it’s more than a little depressing when passionate fandom and fan glorification allows anyone to become convinced that resistance to a Ghostbusters remake is a principled stand rather than sexist whining....
... It’s not always easy to put our trust into filmmakers, or novelists, or TV showrunners. Trailers and news bites and internet punditry make it easier than ever to abandon that trust at the merest provocation, be it tweaked superhero costumes, rumors of characters engaging in the “wrong” romantic relationship, or a lifelong fear of women coming to a boil. Fandom offers the comfort of familiarity, and, for some fans, absolute certainty. But isn’t it more exciting when art, or even just pop culture, doesn’t settle for asking you how you feel?

Fandom Is Broken
By DEVIN FARACI May 30, 2016
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/30/fandom-is-broken

But what if Annie Wilkes [the antagonist of Stephen King's Misery] had the internet? What if she didn't have to kidnap Paul in order to make her displeasure with him known? What if she could tweet hate at him all day, or could fill message boards with personal bile about him or could directly send him death threats through Facebook, email or Tumblr? If Annie Wilkes had the internet she would fit right in with a disturbingly large segment of fandom. 
And it was not even a new thing when King wrote Annie into existence; fandom has been pressuring creators at least since Sir Arthur Conan Doyle sent Sherlock Holmes over the side of Reichenbach Falls, and who knows how audience reactions helped mold the telling of ancient Greek myths. There's always been a push and a pull between creator and fan, and while it can sometimes be negative it was, historically, generally positive. Fans used to raise their voices to save canceled TV shows or to support niche comic books, but now that we live in a world where every canceled show comes to Netflix or gets a comic book tie-in or lives on as a series of novels the fans have stopped defending the stuff they love and gotten more and more involved in trying to shape it. And not through writing or creating but by yelling and brigading and, more and more, threatening death. 
... It's all about demanding what you want out of the story, believing that the story should be tailored to your individual needs, not the expression of the creators. These fans are treating stories like ordering at a restaurant - hold the pickles, please, and can I substitute kale for the lettuce? But that isn't how art works, and that shouldn't be how art lovers react to art. They shouldn't be bringing a bucket of paint to the museum to take out some of the blue from those Picassos, you know?
The old fan entitlement has been soldered onto the 'customer is always right' mindset that seems to motivate the people who make Yelp so shitty. I'm spending a dollar here, which makes me the lord and master of all, is the reasoning (I don't even want to speculate about whether or not modern fans spend their dollars on licensed, legal products - that's an essay for another weary day). It's what makes people act like assholes to servers, and somehow it's become the way ever-growing segments of fans are behaving towards creators....

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I rolled my eyes when I saw MG retweeting Faraci's article for that exact reason. I can't believe someone can be that much of a hypocrite. Also I understand MG must be fed up with all the ridiculous hate he gets on daily basis but I think it's not really a "fandom" problem..if you try to post your opinion on anything and are a woman or part of a minority good luck.

• Love 2
(edited)

... In short, he would be more enthusiastic about this movie if it took his feelings as a fan into account (and, judging from the way he talks around the female cast, probably also if it had fewer women in it. You know, a reasonable number—something less reflective of the actual number of women in the world, and more reflective of Hollywood in the ’80s).

That's a bullshit fucking comment from someone who never watched Rolfe's video or watched through a predetermined filter.  At NO time in that YouTube video did Rolfe mention the female cast in relation to the issues he had with the remake.  In fact the only time he even mentions that there are women in the movie is when he's talking about the name and how people have taken to calling it the "Female Ghostbusters" in order to differentiate between the two.

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That's a bullshit fucking comment from someone who never watched Rolfe's video or watched through a predetermined filter.  At NO time in that YouTube video did Rolfe mention the female cast in relation to the issues he had with the remake.  In fact the only time he even mentions that there are women in the movie is when he's talking about the name and how people have taken to calling it the "Female Ghostbusters" in order to differentiate between the two.

That's why the article said "the way he talks around the female cast", the word around meaning he avoids talking about them in anyway.

33 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I swear I think they just found shows with couples of any kind and put them on the list. I mean I don't watch Scandal but just from what I gather those are pretty terrible relationships that I would NEVER classify as "Great".

Now if they labeled them as "unforgettable"...maybe.  But "great" to me, connotates worthy and worthwhile. And sorry but Buffy and Angel was a TERRIBLE relationship.  If Twilight were a TV show I'm sure they would have include Bella and the stalking vampire

^from another thread about 50 greatest couples from Eonline.

For me I consider "great" not necessarily good or bad but did it leave an impression on the show or on the fabric of TV. Its like when Ollivander talked about Voldemorts wand, what he did was terrible but in some ways it was great.

I don't watch all of those shows, but I watched a good majority of them and those couples defined the shows they were part of or influenced shows/couples to come. Even the shows I didn't watch, I know about those couples because they permeated pop culture.

Perhaps they are not the healthiest or "good" relationships, but they were great. And they fueled their shows leaving big impressions. For me, greatness has never been defined by whether its good or bad.

1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

That's why the article said "the way he talks around the female cast", the word around meaning he avoids talking about them in anyway.

Nope, not at all. Sorry but the guy gave legit critism and issues with the trailer, movie and why he, as a huge Ghostbusters fan decided he's not going to watch/review the movie and, none of his objections were because of the female cast.

What that article turned it into was he's a mean old misogynistic baby man who is afraid of girl cooties.

I'm sorry but, I watched that entire video, his criticisms were legitimate, were well thought out, reflective of his personal interest and offered in a reasonable manor. To imply otherwise is to either not watch the video pr ingore it entirely to support a predisposed agenda. 

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Nope, not at all. Sorry but the guy gave legit critism and issues with the trailer, movie and why he, as a huge Ghostbusters fan decided he's not going to watch/review the movie and, none of his objections were because of the female cast.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. What I got from the article is that they posit that this dude avoided talking about all the women in the movie on purpose, as part of his bias/prejudice.

4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant. What I got from the article is that they posit that this dude avoided talking about all the women in the movie on purpose, as part of his bias/prejudice.

They implied misogyny so they could attack the guy for being a misogynist.  It's a bullshit agenda driven vendetta against a guy who very simply stated he wasn't going to watch the movie.

7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They implied misogyny so they could attack the guy for being a misogynist.  It's a bullshit agenda driven vendetta against a guy who very simply stated he wasn't going to watch the movie.

I hadn't watched his video until now [never heard of this dude before], but now that I did -- I agree with the article. To me it sounded like he was avoiding the genderbending issue on purpose. But I'm gonna disengage because we're not gonna agree.

I'm going to say what I think about the Ghostbusters reboot, from the trailers it just doesn't look funny to me.  I haven't laugh once.

In other news, that Supergirl news is awesome.  I'm looking forward to how the Supergirl writers school everyone.

• Love 1

I'm a girl and I think the Ghostbusters reboot looks awful.  The trailers made it look like an ultra-obnoxious spoof of the original which just doesn't interest me.  Maybe the movie will be better than the trailers but I guess we'll see.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I hadn't watched his video until now [never heard of this dude before], but now that I did -- I agree with the article. To me it sounded like he was avoiding the genderbending issue on purpose. But I'm gonna disengage because we're not gonna agree.

yep, agree to disagree

(edited)

How I'm going to try to condition my mindset over the summer hiatus as more Arrow reviews, news and spoilers are released...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Windows 10 was a topic here some weeks ago and the lack of solitaire. They are actually there. Just type in solitaire in the search window and you get Microsoft Solitaire Collection.

(edited)

I've had a puzzling interaction on Twitter. A person told someone that they needed to read Winston Graham's books in order to make judgement on the incindiary Poldark spoiler. So I asked frankly what their interpretation was. The reply was too many people have a simplistic take on it and that it was too complex an issue to discuss over Twitter. I'm not really sure how context 

Spoiler

sheds a different light on rape. Does Elizabeth try to rape him first and he pays her back by raping her? 

ETA: The continuing conversation made me question Twitter etiquette. I'm not very active, so this is asked honestly. If person A posts something and person B responds is it a faux pa for me (person C) to respond to person B? 

Edited by bijoux
(edited)
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

I've had a puzzling interaction on Twitter. A person told someone that they needed to read Winston Graham's books in order to make judgement on the incindiary Poldark spoiler. So I asked frankly what their interpretation was. The reply was too many people have a simplistic take on it and that it was too complex an issue to discuss over Twitter. I'm not really sure how context 

Reveal hidden contents

sheds a different light on rape. Does Elizabeth try to rape him first and he pays her back by raping her? 

ETA: The continuing conversation made me question Twitter etiquette. I'm not very active, so this is asked honestly. If person A posts something and person B responds is it a faux pa for me (person C) to respond to person B? 

I shouldn't really answer this because I don't really want to rehash it again (and people have very strong opinions on the matter), but I do think that person does have a point that it isn't as simplistic as people make it out to be given

the fact that the book said Ross didn't leave until well into the next the morning after the "incident" (implying that it possibly was more than a one-and-done act).  Elizabeth also later recalls the incident(s) of that night in a not-unhappy way while she's weighing the postponement of her marriage to George, so while yes, she did initially resist which is what a lot of people use as the basis to conclude it was rape, the book purposefully leaves what happens after that initial resistance ambiguous (i.e. we don't read anything about the act itself).  After that, the book doesn't exactly lead readers to believe she wasn't a willing participant as she recalls the events of that night so again...it's unclear.  Ross does show regret and self-loathing after what happens and some interpret that as him feeling guilty about raping Elizabeth but a lot of people interpret that as him being angry that he allowed himself to become so obsessed with the Elizabeth he had built up in his mind.  Others read it as guilt that he betrayed Demelza.  Again, it's all up to reader interpretation and that's why it's more complex that just saying Ross is a rapist.  Ross isn't the perfect romantic hero that some of the latest TV viewers make him out to be either.  He's deeply flawed and so how the next series handles this particular issue will be interesting to watch.

That's why I'm taking a very wait-and-see attitude about it all.

As to the Twitter etiquette, it seems like anything goes.  I see people butt into other people's conversations all the time.  The thing that usually distinguishes whether it's considered unwelcome or not is whether the two parties know the third.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 1

Thanks for your input. It does seem more along the lines of 

Spoiler

Forced seduction but I think that too should be avoided completely in today's TV landscape. Him cheating would not be great, but it would still be better than having the viewers wondering how willing Elizabeth was.

• Love 1

I imagine that when filming comes for Poldark

Spoiler

that they will choose a clear stance one way or the other.  If in the book it's not treated as a rape, meaning that Elizabeth doesn't sound like she was portrayed as traumatized, then I'd expect they'd go with a scene where she is morally reluctant but not unwilling or uninterested.  I still won't watch because the cheating alone ruins my enjoyment (as I don't particularly like Elizabeth) so it's all moot to me.  I did like the first series though. 

• Love 1

Have you ever had a situation in which you either receive or inadvertently send the same e-mai multpile times? Like really multiple times? I got the same e-mail from my boss 145 times today. I'm not exaggerating, the number will probably go up in a minute or less. Is it a virus? It shouldn't affect my computer, should it?

(edited)

Someone on here had a fun idea about making a thread for all the ongoing bets/statements that begin with "I'm sure that" or "It's definitely going to happen"

Can we do that and name it: Put your hat where your mouth is

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Someone on here had a fun idea about making a thread for all the ongoing bets/statements that begin with "I'm sure that" or "It's definitely going to happen"

Can we do that and name it: Put your hat where your mouth is

I know we're not allowed to make new threads. But this one would be a lot of fun!! It would also be easier to trace back just who exactly made what prediction.

• Love 1

Yeah,  wow.   Because I was right there with Colton tweeting Noah for such a good job he was doing and that is fucking disgusting.  As a gay male I want to kick this kid in the teeth because I'm not a good person like Colton.

Really puts me off him and the show as a whole. 

(edited)
15 hours ago, bijoux said:

Have you ever had a situation in which you either receive or inadvertently send the same e-mai multpile times? Like really multiple times? I got the same e-mail from my boss 145 times today. I'm not exaggerating, the number will probably go up in a minute or less. Is it a virus? It shouldn't affect my computer, should it?

This reminds me of the funniest thing that happened at my work a few years ago. Someone sent a personal email to a coworker and on accident cc'd the entire agency! We the agency is hundreds of thousand big so i literally got emails all day. To make it worse people responded to her letting her know what she's done and like idiots they replied to everyone and so another round of emails lol. Basically we crashed Outlook that day and it's still talked about. hahaha

ETA: yeah that Superherofeed article was interesting, he's definitely shady.

1 hour ago, Delphi said:

Yeah,  wow.   Because I was right there with Colton tweeting Noah for such a good job he was doing and that is fucking disgusting.  As a gay male I want to kick this kid in the teeth because I'm not a good person like Colton.

Really puts me off him and the show as a whole. 

I'm not familiar with this kid but he comes across as a real punk. I wondered if he was doing this for attention, but can he really be that dumb idk.

Edited by Thundercatmary
SuperHeroFeed shenanigans
11 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

I'm not familiar with this kid but he comes across as a real punk. I wondered if he was doing this for attention, but can he really be that dumb idk.

What's so strange is that the interview itself is so strange.   I've been following Noah on twitter since the show premiered.   I've been reading all the interviews he gave and he came across as a really nice, well rounded and humble guy.  He just talked about living in his co star's guest house and how busy LA was compared to NY.  He seemed very relatable.   I dunno though,  maybe he's buck because his show got a second season.   Maybe New Yorkers are just dicks.  I dunno.   The whole thing is just strange.   I'm mostly offended that he had the gull to tell Colton the "right" way to come out.   

Everyone knew Colton was gay.   It wasn't some huge secret.   But I really blame the guy giving the interview,  because it really seemed like he was egging Galvin on,  trying to get him to call people out. 

Ugh,  Colton is right.   There needs to be more support and less dragging people across the coals. 

I mean as a general rule when people start trying to tell either people about coming out (when, how, whatever) I want to tell them to take a seat, it's so personal and nobody else's business. I'm a big KStew fan ( I know not everyone cares for her) and i'll never forget how disappointed I was in some people and how they reacted to her dating a woman. Well I better not start ranting now. :p

• Love 1

This is such a great way to start the day. Here's a hilarious noire detective story written in Hemingway's style. I'm laughing SO hard. It's times like this that I'm tempted to get on Tumblr just to tell someone how great I think they are.

A woman walked into my office. She had legs. I noticed her legs. “I have a problem. I need your help,” she said. They always said that. I knew her legs weren’t the problem. I hoped she might want my help with them anyhow.

“Can you pay?” I asked. Of course she could. Her shoes were worth more than my rent. She could pay.

“I can pay,” she said. Her eyes were wet. I wondered if anything else was wet. Probably not. I am not handsome. Not since the war.

She was looking at my scar. Lots of people do. Most look away. Not her. She did not look away. She looked at my scar and I looked at her legs. There were two of them. I liked that about her. I liked that a whole lot.

“Will there be danger?” I asked. There always is. This city bleeds danger, then drinks it right back up again.

“I’m afraid there might be danger,” she said. She had the voice of a beautiful woman. She also had the face and body of a beautiful woman. She was beautiful.

The light from the window was striped. It made stripes on my cigarette smoke. The end of my cigarette crumbled into ash. My marriage had also crumbled into ash.

“I can handle danger,” I said. I patted the butt of my gun. My gun was a Colt. My gun and my scar were all that was left from my time as a soldier. My gun, my scar, and the nightmares. I looked her up and down. “I am good at handling things.”

Source

• Love 2

So in light of the conversation awhile back about males & sexualization, I thought this was a funny interview from Scott Speedman about his new role on "Animal kingdom". Apparently, he was asked to put his shirt back on for a scene. :(

http://www.eonline.com/news/770768/scott-speedman-was-told-to-put-his-shirt-on-for-animal-kingdom-which-is-just-absurd

Bummed we won't see him shirtless, but the show looks interesting. I'd honestly watch Scott Speedman in anything shirt or no shirt.