Lisin
  • Start Topic

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitch...

Spoiler

Is it me or did anyone else feel a love triangle in the wings between Ginny, the cap and the agent?

Other than that great second episode it was nice learning a bit more about the agent, and I did not see 

Spoiler

the reporter being the cap ex wife, Also the actress looks familiar but I can pin point from where.

4 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

Pitch...

Reveal hidden contents

Is it me or did anyone else feel a love triangle in the wings between Ginny, the cap and the agent?

Other than that great second episode it was nice learning a bit more about the agent, and I did not see 

Hide contents

the reporter being the cap ex wife, Also the actress looks familiar but I can pin point from where.

The reporter is played by JoAnna Garcia Swisher, who is the wife of former Yankees player Nick Swisher :) She was on "Once Upon a Time" as Ariel.

2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

The reporter is played by JoAnna Garcia Swisher, who is the wife of former Yankees player Nick Swisher :) She was on "Once Upon a Time" as Ariel.

Oh, she's in it? I mostly associate her with Reba.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I don't do sports so I have no idea who he is. but yes, I now remember she was in OUAT, but I feel like I know her from before as well.

2 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

I don't do sports so I have no idea who he is. but yes, I now remember she was in OUAT, but I feel like I know her from before as well.

I just threw the Yankees connection in there because I'm tickled by her connection to baseball in real life :) She was also on "Royal Pains."

I just read that Dynasty will be rebooted and on The CW: http://deadline.com/2016/09/dynasty-reboot-the-cw-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-1201829178/

I never watched it, but I do wonder what scheduling implications this will have for what seems like a crowded primetime roster on The CW.  Since it won't launch until next season, that probably means the final run of TVD will make room, as well as the potential dumping of under-performing shows like Reign.  The article indicates that this is a pretty ambitious move for the network and signals its interest in maintaining some shows on its roster with soapy elements and that break from the superhero shows The CW is getting known for.

A few thoughts, Arrow, SPN, Flash and Supergirl are full season orders.

LOT, Frequency and No Tomorrow have 13 episode orders. IIRC The 100, iZombie, The Originals, Crazy Ex and Jane all have 13 episodes as well. Riverdale would also get the typical 13 episode initial order.

TVD has 16 episodes, not sure about Reign.

Based on that, you have 4 of 10 slots locked for the full season. Plus The Orignals is planned to take over TVD slot.  So that's 5/10 slots taken.

Mid Season shows right now are The 100, Riverdale and iZombie.   My guess is that CW is preparing for some of the pilots to flop, so they're developing 2 more shows to fill in the schedule.

Plus there's always the potential that some shows either mid-season or in development could be held for the summer schedule.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My guess is that CW is preparing for some of the pilots to flop, so they're developing 2 more shows to fill in the schedule.

They have 5 hourlong pilots in dev right now. This Dynasty one, the Lost Boys adaptation with Rob Thomas, a Mata Hari pilot from Michael Weatherly's production company deal with CBS, a martial law thing called Rise from Julie Plec, and a show called Blowback, which Justin Lin is supposed to direct the pilot.

1 hour ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I just read that Dynasty will be rebooted and on The CW: http://deadline.com/2016/09/dynasty-reboot-the-cw-josh-schwartz-stephanie-savage-1201829178/

I never watched it, but I do wonder what scheduling implications this will have for what seems like a crowded primetime roster on The CW.  Since it won't launch until next season, that probably means the final run of TVD will make room, as well as the potential dumping of under-performing shows like Reign.  The article indicates that this is a pretty ambitious move for the network and signals its interest in maintaining some shows on its roster with soapy elements and that break from the superhero shows The CW is getting known for.

I have a feeling it would be very much Dynasty in name only.  So the place and the character names but then the show runner will produce the show tone more like The OC where there were stories with both the kids and the adults than the eighties evening soap style with lots of shoulder pads and cat fights.  And I'd say that's a good thing.  Good chance that as much as I loved The OC I'm still going to skip the Dynasty reboot cause well. Does anyone remember the 90210 reboot?  Shudder.

So how horrible of a person am I that after I read about Kim Kardashian being robbed, my first thought was I wondered if it actually was set in motion by Kanye so he could get the insurance money?  I mean, didn't he claim to be broke not too many months ago? 

Edited by BkWurm1

I don't know what entirely to believe but honestly I have more faith in Lochte's intent than the Kardashian/West crowd.  At least Lochte was just a drunk idiot caught up in a exaggerated incident.  If West or Kardashian actually planned any of this sober...

I tend to give Kim the benefit of the doubt mostly because I don't think she's clever enough to pull off a deception of this magnitude.  But Kanye has just the kind of arrogance needed to think he could orchestrate something like this. 

It's also possible neither did anything shady but their doubters (me included) feel warranted. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Lochte was not drunk when he continued to lie after the incident and he wasn't drunk when he ran away back to the US and left his other teammates to take the heat. He is a national disgrace. If his skin were any color of the rainbow other than white he would have been excoriated by the public and media for much longer than a week. Instead, he's getting paid to twirl his dudebro butt across a ballroom floor and people actually feel sorry for him.

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 6

It's sad that most people's first thought on the Kim being robbed story is to think they faked it for headlines. You'd think that would make them step back and take a look at their lives. However that won't happen. They will keep pulling stunts to get media attention then when something does happen no will believe it. 

On another note, did anyone watch Conviction with Hayley Atwell? That woman is a find, she made that character work and made me interested in watching more of her. Do I wish Agent Carter got another season over this, yes. Since that's not her fault and since I don't watch anything else on Monday in that time slot, I'll support her. 

• Love 1

I was really hoping that Timeless would turn out to be Must Watch, coming from Eric Kripke and Shawn Ryan and with that cast but I'm very disappointed in it.  Who would have thought it would be so bland?

Movie recommendation:  Their Finest, based on the book Their Finest Hour and a Half.  Written by Gabe Chiaffe, who wrote some episodes of Vera (a show well worth checking out) and directed by Lone Sherfig, it's about a woman who is hired by the Ministry in 1940 to write on of those 'soldier on' war movies the British did so well like Mrs. Miniver.  Kind of like Agent Carter but without the fighting and comic book stuff.

It seems to me that the America WWII movies are mostly about the fighting overseas and the British ones are about the ordinary people who fought on at home.

On 2016-09-30 at 7:11 PM, foreverevolving said:

She was Betty Grissom on Astronaut Wives Club, Vicky Appleby on Freaks and Geeks, Christy on American PIe 2, Bree on Gossip Girl,  the co-lead of a cute vet comedy that only lasted half a season "Animal Practice" and a ton of one shots on various TV series.

I started to watch Timeless and got bored.

ETA: In case anyone is wondering, I do not currently have any social media accounts (no twitter, facebook, etc.).  I keep thinking about joining twitter, but even just this fan forum eats up my spare time.

Edited by tv echo

The one thing that was interesting was that they 

Spoiler

Didn't stop the bad guy from messing with the timeline and kept the messed up timeline.  Makes for some interesting possible twists.

I'll give it a few more chances but why are male leads so bland lately?

I've been binge-watching Murdoch Mysteries for the past couple of weeks, and it was kind of the best decision I could make to offset the Arrow ennui I'm feeling. I'm up to early season 5, and HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT the amount of 'ship stalling, and cockblocking temporary love interest storylines, and ~DRAAAAAAAMA re: why won't the main pairing get together and stay together already. Where I am right now in the story, half the 'ship is married to some rando who doesn't even appear on screen that much, while the main 'ship keeps having ~moments, then realizing they're having ~moments, and talking about how they shouldn't be having ~moments.  It's cockblocking in absentia. Lol.

If you enjoy feeling like throwing things at fictional characters' heads, yes. :) It's legit a show made up entirely of relationship tropes and procedural clichés. The "funny" crimes are WAY better than the depressing crimes, a la Castle. The romance part is melodrama on steroids. And the show likes to be super winky wink wink with the references to things that are gonna happen in the future, which I thought was annoying at first, but once I started caring about the characters, it became endearing.

Murdoch Mysteries is a Canadian show so there are only 18 episodes a season.  I agree the stupid ship stalling with Darcy was dreadful but once that was over and done with in season 6 and the writers decided to let the ship get married, it all good from there.  (I think the plot of Dr. Ogden moving to Buffalo and getting married was partly motivated by the actress wanting more time off to do other projects.)

Their wedding episode was perfect for a mystery show, far better than Castle's.

While they do like to go winky wink about things in the future, what they show in the show's present was actually there. I thought using jell-o was an anachronism but it turns out it's been around since 1897.

And the secondary characters all work well.  The last two season, they've added a black female assistant in the morgue and realistically address her problems in becoming a doctor.

Murdoch Mysteries is on on weekend mornings here, but I haven't actually watched it. The main actor looked familiar, though, and your discussion lead me to looking him up. I know him from the masterpiece that is I Do (But I Don't), in which Denise Richards is a wedding planner going through a divorce and Dean Cain is her love interest. Yannick Bisson plays his assy younger brother.

I am chortling over here realizing (probably for the second time) that Lorelai getting together with Christopher when they were (nominally) adults was at times when she and Luke were at the outs. I remembered the disasterous second time, but forgot that the first time when they hooked up before Sookie and Jackson's wedding was after Lorelai's falling out with Luke over Jess. Also, how did these two ever make Rory? Those are some of the most sexless on screen kisses that I've seen. Nice going on Christopher having the moves of an inexperiences 15-year-old. Kind of makes it understandable why Lorelai falls for it, since it's most likely the same as it was in high school. Ups the nostalgia factor.

• Love 1

Watched No Tomorrow.  It was surprisingly charming and the premise had more legs than I expected.  I liked the whole cast and it was good at pleasantly surprising me.  Several times when I was expecting something less, the show gave me more. 

Give it a shot. I wasn't interested in the show's pitch but the tag line really doesn't do it justice.

Here's hoping they can keep up the quality.

• Love 1

My favorite GG recurring character, Dave Rygalski has just showed up. Which is a good thing, since his first episode really hits on the note that had come to bug me as the show went on. Namely, Lorelai and Rory being practically extensions of each other. They both simultaneously freaked out over the traps of getting into Ivy League and then Rory's approaching leaving home. Both are perfectly fine reactions, don't get me wrong, it's just too much for me that they're so synchronized. But once again, Dave! Yay. That's probably my favorite role of Adam Brody's.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2016 at 0:28 PM, manbearpig said:

Looks like Hayley Atwell is heading for a second cancelled show this year, since Conviction debuted to a 1.0 in the ratings.

A show like Conviction is right up my alley. I love the cast. But I'm so over every show having all these secret agendas & overly dramatic backstories. I just wish they had waited a little later on in the season before showing us that no one is trustworthy and the case of the week is going to be pointless. It just felt a little copycatish of Shondaland and stale despite having a decent cast & premise. I wanted to like it. I wanted to not be angry at it taking over Castle's slot, but it just was not impressive. I give it a few more out of loyalty to the actors but it's not making me want to tune it independent of that.

However, I think ABC promised Haley Atwell a solid after cancelling Agent Carter & the actor who played the investigator Merrin Dungey I believe is the sister of the new head of TV at ABC ~ so despite ratings I don't think the show is going anywhere this season. I think it will be given a pass until next season.

23 hours ago, bijoux said:

My favorite GG recurring character, Dave Rygalski has just showed up. Which is a good thing, since his first episode really hits on the note that had come to bug me as the show went on. Namely, Lorelai and Rory being practically extensions of each other. They both simultaneously freaked out over the traps of getting into Ivy League and then Rory's approaching leaving home. Both are perfectly fine reactions, don't get me wrong, it's just too much for me that they're so synchronized. But once again, Dave! Yay. That's probably my favorite role of Adam Brody's.

I loved Dave and even though I also loved Seth on the OC, I still am upset that it took Dave away from the Gilmore Girls.  And worse, saddled Lane with...what's his name?  I just watched the show last week (like binged five of the final episodes) and my mind has already blocked that blockhead's name from my memory.  I liked the character on his own, HATED him as Lane's love interest.  Lane deserved better.  Still have fantasies that she and the blockhead broke up and she reconnects with Dave.  Dave was PERFECT for her.  Sigh.  Oh for what could have been. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Zach?

Sure, Seth was cute, but Dave was the cutest.

Yes Zach!  He was sweet enough but I can't handle the dumb.  Lane was too smart to be able to handle the dumb either thus making her being with him REALLY hard for me to watch.  

Dave was fricken adorable.   

• Love 1
On 30/09/2016 at 1:03 PM, thegirlsleuth said:

I'm not sure who recommended it, but I watched Lethal Weapon, and it was a nice bit of frothy fun.  The plot was formula buddy cop, but the dialogue was sparky, the two leads had great chemistry, and it had some great action scene.  I recommend.

Thanks for this recommendation. Hubby and I really enjoyed it! It's one of our dinner shows now.