Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Bullseye

• Start Topic

I find it interesting that of the twins Dandy connected with the one who committed matricide.

Ah, yes. Bette. She's the one who wants to be famous. An actress, right? And Dandy's goal was to become an actor. How fitting.

I understand why Dot wants the surgery.

Edited by Surrealist

That's what I thought, too, but I recently watched a special on American twins that have one body and two heads. There was a doctor who talked about separation. He didn't say it was impossible, only that it would result in a level of disability (losing one arm and one leg) and loss of opportunities that would probably be worse than living the way they had been living all their life.

Of course, in the early 50s, it probably would be much more likely to result in death.

Did those real-life twins appear to share as many body parts as Bette and Dot, though?

In the first episode, it sounded like Bette and Dot shared all the body parts below their lungs. I don't see how splitting them, with both of them surviving, could be possible.

On one hand, I see your point.  And doing yet another "fakeout" murder scene is a bit ... I don't know.  Lame? 

On the OTHER hand...  I am a bona fide horror enthusiast -- movies, books, TV shows, you name it--and I am rarely reticent to watch a murder scene.  But with sweet Ma Petite??  I was legit cringing and kept switching to another channel.  I just did NOT want her to be killed off.  I adore her so much. 

My daughter and I watch the show on-demand on Sunday nights.  I can't resist peeking at the forums so I was spoiled about the Ma Petite fakeouts.  My daughter was not and she sobbed and sobbed and went upstairs, woke up her sister and told her what was going on.  Major drama until I could get her to calm down and realize what was really happening.  Then I told her she could be one of the freaks, lol ;)

While I have to agree that this season is more creepy than horrifying, it's definitely doing something to my psyche.  I have the weirdest dreams if I watch it and then go right to bed.  I'm going to have to start watching 2 or 3 episodes of Friends or something similar before I go to sleep.

If the show was about the Hensel Twins, I'd say yeah. I didn't see the show though, so I don't know if it was about them. https://www.facebook.com/AbigailAndBrittanyHensel

Yes that was them. He definitely did not say it would kill one or both of them, just commented on how the disability they'd be dealing with after the surgery would be worse than not having it. These twins have separate hearts and mostly separate lungs, a large liver that could probably be divided between them, given its regenerative properties. They even have completely separate spinal cords. I got the impression that most of the significant fusion is at and below the pelvis.

• Love 1

While I applaud that this show is willing to have protagonists who are flawed, Elsa Mars is becoming too unlikable for me. I'm trying to remember where were at this point in Coven, but they tried to still have Fiona Goode be redeemable until the very end -- and when they weren't, she was over-the-top bitchy in a campy way that you were itching to hear every acid-dripped word of dialogue she had, expertly delivered by Jessica Lange. Perhaps Ethel vs. Elsa will be the last showdown?

I get that it's an expensive ensemble show, but Del and Desiree just vanishing for an episode with no mention of them is rather lazy.

THANK GOD they saved Ma Petite. I loved every bit of her onscreen. I saw that Emma Roberts posted an Instagram pic shooting that day with Jyoti Amge, (non-spoilery -- they were sitting outside), and it looked like they were enjoying themselves.

• Love 1

Ma Petit is my favorite character this season. She is so cute and adorable I just wanna see her happy and riding ponies! The scene where she was in the large jar and waved her hands like a butterfly was the most freaking adorable thing I have ever seen on this show. Hopefully she will survive until the end of the season.

• Love 4