Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Guilty

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

That could be an acting choice on Katie's part, which makes sense since she believes the whole "soulmate" thing, but that's not how Stephen played it.

I don't think it's just an acting choice here. Back in the end of s2 the show made a big deal about Laurel loving Oliver even more once she was told and then believed he was the arrow. Then she showed up in the lair to give him the speech about how she knows him in his bones. And now she wanted him to train her. Personally, I think Laurel wants to be a vigilante because she still loves Oliver and wants to be close to him again as much as to avenge Sara. Oliver no longer sees her as that person and Stephen is playing it that but I don't think Laurel has gotten that memo.

• Love 2

I don't think it's just an acting choice here. Back in the end of s2 the show made a big deal about Laurel loving Oliver even more once she was told and then believed he was the arrow. Then she showed up in the lair to give him the speech about how she knows him in his bones. And now she wanted him to train her. Personally, I think Laurel wants to be a vigilante because she still loves Oliver and wants to be close to him again as much as to avenge Sara. Oliver no longer sees her as that person and Stephen is playing it that but I don't think Laurel has gotten that memo.

I'm still not seeing it. Looks to me like Laurel isn't trying to be a badass just so that she can spend time with Oliver. This whole season she has been coming across as angry, reckless, and out for vengeance--even outside of her scenes with him. If she really only wants to be near Oliver, there would be no reason why she's taking her frustrations out on everyone and everything. Wouldn't the easier way be to draw closer to him as Oliver and not as The Arrow? It's not like they never have interaction outside of vigilante work. They were shown together as old friends in the series premiere when Quentin made his surprise announcement.

Even in this episode she appeared to be pissed and annoyed at Oliver more than anything else. It wasn't until Oliver sort of apologized in the hospital that she showed any positive affection towards him. I would think that if she's so desperate to be close to him she wouldn't have spent most of the episode antagonizing him. YMMV, of course.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 1

NumberCruncher, she totally gave off a flirty vibe in the scene with Oliver in the season premiere. I feel like Oliver is done, but laurel? Maybe not. I honestly don't know why she even wants to be a vigilante. I said in the bitterness thread that I think the whole Sara death has broken the third wall permanently for me in respect to laurels story, and I have a hard time seeing what her character wants versus what the actress wants.

I will say that in a way I think Ted might be a good mentor for her. Better than Oliver at least. For one, she may actually take teds advice where she won't take Oliver's because they have too much history. Also, it's clear that she still has a but of a thing for Oliver and I think that's why she was angry he wouldn't train her.

• Love 3

But that's exactly why I said it's an acting choice. The script isn't portraying the flirty vibe. How Katie plays it is another thing altogether. If people are picking up on it, it's not script-driven because there's absolutely nothing all that 'shippy about the Oliver/Laurel scenes in this or any other S3 episodes beyond friendship.

• Love 1

I do wonder how much direction the actors get about romantic subtext and how much they discuss how they'll end up playing it. On the commentary on one of the episodes of Merlin, the lead actor mentioned that he and the actress he shared the scene with did talk about putting in romantic subtext there. It was such a small, nothing scene but it came off as really sweet and I could see what they were going for in that scene. But at the same time, it can be subjective to the viewer as well. I honestly didn't get any hint of flirtiness from Laurel in her interactions with Oliver at all this episode. I did get a lot of frustration, which is totally understandable.

I didn't disagree with Laurel when she said that she wanted to train with Ted to let off some steam (even though we know those weren't her real intentions.) Laurel is grieving and even though she's making poor choices, I find it annoying when somebody tells another person how to grieve. Especially when they are attempting to do so from a perspective of "I'm so much more knowledgeable than you about this situation," rather than one of compassion.

I didn't like this episode much at all, but the funny thing is it DID demonstrate how Laurel can be integrated into the main storyline as a lawyer without having to be an action-y superhero. Unfortunately the main story was boring and illogical so not that it helped.

Edited by Tangerine
  • Love 4

I didn't disagree with Laurel when she said that she wanted to train with Ted to let off some steam (even though we know those weren't her real intentions.) Laurel is grieving and even though she's making poor choices, I find it annoying when somebody tells another person how to grieve. Especially when they are attempting to do so from a perspective of "I'm so much more knowledgeable than you about this situation," rather than one of compassion.

I didn't like this episode much at all, but the funny thing is it DID demonstrate how Laurel can be integrated into the main storyline as a lawyer without having to be an action-y superhero. Unfortunately the main story was boring and illogical so not that it helped.

These are really good points.  I get caught up in my Laurel side-eye, so sometimes I mss what's really bothering me.  While I hate her constantly lashing out in dealing with her grief (sending the riot squad for example), what I am reacting to, I think, is her not being very smart.  She's supposed to be smart.  I feel like her working with Ted has allowed her to work off some of that grief that's eating her alive, and Ted understands now where it's coming from.  I don't think this means she has to suit up (understand that she will), but whether she becomes a vigilante or not, wanting to know how to really fight when the world keeps handing you disasters is completely understandable.  She felt more focused to me in this episode, which I welcomed.  I didn't like the scene with Roy in the lair, but I think it's because it sent her back to her cry/gasp state of being shell shocked.  Tired of her shell shocked.  

She was a bit over the top for me in the Calm (I catch 'em, you cook 'em!) but her helping Ted out when he was accused felt right.  Too bad the storyline itself felt a little lacking.

• Love 2

This episode was ok-ish for me.

I find it's too bad that for a seemingly character focused episode, some characters were acting well...OOC. That betrayed the plot heavy agenda in the writing. I thought Oliver was a dunderhead in this episode outside of Roy but at least he still felt in character. I think there is this weird sense of unease because at this point it feels more like I am watching a pitch for a story (there is too much set up and not enough follow through) as opposed to watching a story actually being told. I hate the Sara murder mystery because to me the killer doesn't matter. That's why it could have been interesting if Roy did kill Sara, at least from a character stand point although now I am glad they didn't go there because apparently that would've turned everyone into trigger happy idiots for longer than an episode. Right now, it just means that a baddie killed Sara which is not only not a surprise but that's what we always knew was in store for her. She lived a dangerous life. I felt for the characters but it feels like they are moving on from their grief so the emotional impact is also. I don't like that there was a lot of jumping the gun.

I liked that we saw Oliver and Roy's relationship develop because I think both characters are more likeable when allowed to hit those emotional beats that are not grr...anger! or always in pain. I thought Laurel was ok and didn't annoy me except when I think about her reasons for learning how to fight. Boxing glove arrow was cute. Cupid left me intrigued. I want her to be batshit crazy and killed Sara in fit of jealous rage just so we can put this stupid plot to rest. 

Tbh, I think the Roy/Oliver relationship and Roy in general comes off a little "off" because Colton Haynes cannot play wholesome for the life of him. I actually like the casting choice, because CH gives Roy a slight bit of sliminess/edge that he wouldn't have from the writing alone and that adds some depth/tension to the character. But imo sometimes there's a slight mismatch between how the characters within the show are reading Roy (as implicitly trustworthy, as emotionally vulnerable, etc) and how he reads to the audience when played by CH (which is as a little bit shadier). YMMV though, of course.

That's interesting because I actually feel the exact opposite. I think the writers are finally writing to his strength, which is his emotional connection to others. I wonder if the larger audience feels the same way as you. Not arguing it just surprised me. I actually always took Roy at face value and never saw him as shady. I am gullible though.

• Love 1

Plot heavy agenda is the perfect way to describe this weeks episode. It feels like the EPs are ticking off boxes about who to please.

This is what is wrong with 3A for me right now, the balance that 2A had, in each episode, between the many elements (action/comic origin/Olicity/etc) is gone.

Please stop, I don't want to see the man behind the curtain.

Finally caught up last night, few notes 

Oliver's Hypocrisy 

Oliver and the Arrow is ALL.ABOUT.CONTROL even when he was a killer in Season 1, it was all deliberate. I think Oliver had issues with the thought of a vigilante who's looses control and beats man to death.

Also Ted was being obtuse about the side kick for, plot reasons, so that didn't help with the way this was playing out.

Laurel

I think KC acting as Laurel was much better than than I've seen in ages, shame it takes me from dislike to disinterest. But definitely seeing an improvement with regards to Laurel. Or maybe I've reached the acceptance stage.

Olicity

Felicity's Chair is getting so much action from Oliver (Sally must be jealous, first the fern now this!), another week another chair touch as a substitute for a Felicity touch

Comic Call-out

Boxing glove arrow is how you do a comic book call-out in the TV medium, cheeky nod, that stays true to the directions and tone of the show, with a little cheese and not too much contrivance to get to the scene. Also added little lightness.

My sister, my barometer for the "average fan", (non-comic book, non-shipper, non-spoiled, casual internet activity regarding the show) enjoyed the scene gave her a laugh without her knowing the significance of it.

Roy

Usually indifferent to Roy in the lair, but he still doesn't feel fully  integrated into Team Arrow, in my mind. I haven't seen enough, on screen, to buy the dynamics playing out this episode, so emotionally and mentally I switched off. Also because, let be real, stakes aren't that high about the whole "did Roy kill Sara" storyline for Meta reasons.

• Love 3

Well, I deleted it without watching. I did watch some of the Team Arrow scenes on YouTube and that was enough for me. From reading the reviews here, I have no desire to watch characters I love behave OOC. I really like Amy Gumenick so I'll probably tune in next week. 

I will say when I deleted it, I just felt really sad. 

• Love 3

Oh my gosh I just watched the scene where Roy admits he killed Sara. What. An. Idiot. He literally said "I killed Sara" instead of I think, or I dreamt. He had no concrete proof, no wonder Diggle didn't want him to leave the dumbass. I'm OK with Laurel's reaction that scene. It wasn't over the top.

On a side note, that scene with Oliver trying to comfort Laurel was so nice. Really they can be friends (something I'm very against) and it's lovely to see.

...on another note Oliver nearly plowed Felicity down when he turned towards her. How gentle and soft will this man get with her before he quite literally breaks my heart? And she was just the same.

• Love 2

Disliked this episode a lot.  Too much Laurel, too much Ted Grant, too much Roy.  The three characters I dislike the most.  No Thea, no Malcolm, cameo by Quentin.  Diggle and Felicity hardly had anything to do.

I was laughing at the unusually beeyotchy attitude of the wife of the Hong Kong handler.  I know it's supposed to be dramatic and all but I couldn't stop laughing, especially at the end when she's all "there's only one thing I want from you" and poor slow Ollie is all "uhhhh what's that".  It was so obvious what she was going to say but I was still laughing.

Cupid?  Yet another archer?  Is this whole season going to feature "guest stars of the week who potentially could have killed Sarah"?

• Love 1

I was somewhat bored but have to admit that I loved the boxing glove arrow. Best part of the episode.

I was also a bit distracted by Roy's eyebrows. Can't stand Laurel but she did look good in the boxing ring.

I miss Moira and Walter.

I don't get all the incipient superheroes.   Barry Allen has already become the Flash.  (Presumably) Ted Grant will become Wildcat, Laurel will become Black Canary, Ray Palmer will become the Atom?    I sort of feel bad for viewers who aren't comic book readers because the subtext must go right over their heads.

Bad news when the most-talked about element of an episode is a sight-gag.

It's crazy that the writers created a show full of interesting characters in the first two seasons and then killed or wrote many of them off.   It feels like Arrow is missing half its cast.

Cupid huh?   When did archery become so fucking popular?

• Love 1

306 (Guilty) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I have come home with only one goal – to save my city. Now others have joined my crusade. To them, I am Oliver Queen. But to the rest of Starling City, I am someone else. I am something else."

306 (Guilty) – Team Arrow go after the Culebra gang members:
Oliver: "Roy! Where'd you go?"
Roy: “Sorry.”
Oliver: “Get your head in the game. We're in position.”
Felicity (over comms): “So is the Culebra cartel and their gajillion pounds of heroin. They all showed up about 30 minutes ago and they haven't moved from your location.”
Oliver: “Got it.” 
Diggle: “No sentries outside. If we're going to do this, we need to do it now.” 
Oliver: “I've got north entrance, Dig's got south. Roy –“
Roy: “East.”
Oliver: “The roof. You're on over watch.”
Diggle: “The Culebras get their weapons from the Bratva. All military grade.”
Roy: “I've got your backs. Let's do this.”
(They split up.)
Diggle (over comms): “South’s clear. Nobody's home.”
Roy (over comms): “Roof's clear.”
Oliver (over comms): “North is empty, too.”
Felicity (over comms): “That doesn't make sense. They all showed up half an hour ago and never left. They are in there somewhere.”
(Oliver, Diggle and Roy find bodies of dead gang members.)
Diggle: “Looks like somebody beat us here. There's at least a few million dollars’ worth of heroin.”
(Dying gang member says something in Spanish.)
Diggle: “’He took Paco.’”
Oliver: “Whoever did this ignored the drugs, took a gang member. This was personal.”
Diggle: “Yeah, more than that. Whoever did this was trying to send a message.”
Roy: “I think I know what it is.”

306 (Guilty) – Team Arrow tries to find ‘Paco’:
Felicity (looking at pic of word “Guilty” written in blood): "’Guilty.’ Well, yah. The Culebras are the bloodiest gang in Starling.”
Oliver: “Who's the second bloodiest?”
Felicity: “Culebras have a long standing rivalry with the Los Halcones.”
Diggle: “Thought you said this was personal, not business.”
Oliver: “And Paco?”
Felicity: “There are only 86,000 Pacos in Starling, give or take 5,000 for a few nicknames.”
Oliver: “Something tells me that the Culebras’ long standing rivals will narrow that down for us.” 
Diggle: “You know, when we find Paco, he'll be too dead to say anything.” 
Oliver: “I'm not looking for him. I'm looking for whoever did this. (To Roy) I will handle this. Take the rest of the night.” 
Roy: “I'll back you up.” 
Oliver: “Not dead on your feet, you won't.” 
Roy: “I'm sorry. I know I've been a little out of it recently.” 
Oliver: “Don't be sorry. Be rested. I wouldn't be much of a teacher if I let you get killed because your reaction time is slow, okay? Dig.” 
Diggle: “There are a lot of Halcones members in Starling City. How about I take the ones north of Tenth Street?”

306 (Guilty) – Roy asks Felicity to test his blood for Mirakuru: 
Roy: "Hey. Can I ask you a question?"
Felicity: "You just did. Kidding. What?” 
Roy: “You know how to do a blood test, right?” 
Felicity: “I know just enough to make me dangerous. And, well, me holding a syringe, well, that makes me more dangerous. Why?” 
Roy: “I need you to test my blood.”
Felicity: “For what? And don't say STDs, because that would be crossing a line.”
Roy: “For Mirakuru.” 
Felicity: “I don't need to check you for traces of Mirakuru. You were cured.”
Roy: “I know, I –“
Felicity: “If this is about your sleep problems, Mirakuru makes people crazy strong and crazy crazy. It doesn't make it hard for them to get 8 hours.” 
Roy: “Could you just –“
Felicity: “Are you okay? I mean, besides the whole not sleeping thing.”
Roy: “Totally. I'm fine. I'm just looking for reasons to help me sleep, you know?”
Felicity: “Okay.”

306 (Guilty) – Oliver finds Paco, a/k/a Emilio Ortega, but finds him dead:
Oliver: “I'm looking for a crew member named Paco.” 
Gang Member: “Emilio?” 
Oliver: “Paco!”
Gang Member: “That's what they call him! Paco's his street name!” 
Oliver: “Who?” 
Gang Member: “Emilio. Emilio Ortega.”
Oliver: “Thank you. (Punches out gang member) Felicity, I have a name. Emilio Ortega.”
Felicity (over comms): “Pinging his cell's GPS. He's in the Glades. Ninth and Hasen.”
(Oliver finds Emilio Ortega’s dead body with the word “Guilty” written in blood next to his body. He then sees Ted Grant.)

306 (Guilty) – Felicity tells Roy that his blood tested zero for Mirakuru, and Roy tells her about his dreams of killing Sara:
Felicity: ""Okay, that is ten minutes of my life I am never getting back."
Roy: “I'm clean?” 
Felicity: “Your cholesterol is a little high for someone of your age, but absolutely zero Mirakuru serum. Congratulations.” 
Roy: “Ahh, thank God.” 
Felicity: “Okay, you're acting like I just told you that the biopsy came back negative. What is going on?” 
Roy: “It's - it's stupid.” 
Felicity: “You just had me test your blood for a serum you were cured of six months ago. I already knew it was stupid.” 
Roy: “The reason I haven't been sleeping is 'cause I've been having dreams, and not normal ones. It was like I was remembering the time I was out, you know? When Slade ODed me on the Mirakuru.” 
Felicity: “What do you remember?” 
Roy: “Nothing much. Just a feeling. A feeling of being… not me. And being strong and out of control, but here's the thing - in those dreams, I killed Sara.”
Felicity: “This really had you worried.” 
Roy: “Because the dreams, they didn't feel like dreams, Felicity. They felt like memories. I actually remembered throwing arrows into her. Crazy, right?”
Felicity: “Yeah. Crazy.”

306 (Guilty) – Team Arrow investigates Ted Grant as the possible killer of the gang members:
Oliver: "Have you ever heard of this Ted Grant?"
Diggle: “Yeah, I saw his title fight a few years back on pay per view. They call him Wildcat. He's the real deal.” 
Oliver: “Body in his gym was strung up the same way that the bodies in the warehouse were. Like punching bags.”
Roy: “What if Laurel vouches for him?”
Oliver: “I don't think that Laurel is seeing clearly on this one.”
Diggle: “If Grant's our doer, he's more than boxer.”
Felicity: “I hacked CSU's files on the warehouse murders. The Culebras were armed to the teeth, but the killer - the psycho mass murder guy - never fired a shot. They were beaten to death by brass knuckles.” 
Oliver: “It's a pretty specific M.O.”
Felicity: “It matches one murder from six years ago. Same as tonight, Culebra drug dealer. Blunt force trauma, consistent with brass knuckles worn by a left-handed assailant.”
Roy: “Let me guess - Ted ‘Wildcat’ Grant's a lefty.”
Diggle: “They called him the Starling Southpaw.” 
Felicity: “Well, S.C.P.D. never put that together, because Ted was never arrested. (Computer beeps) He's moving.” 
Diggle: “You dinged him with a tracer?” 
Oliver: “Just because Laurel trusts him doesn't mean I have to. Talk me in.”

306 (Guilty) – Felicity tells Roy that she did a virtual autopsy on Sara’s body:
Diggle: "Oliver has a 20 on our killer."
Roy: “I thought Oliver was tracking Grant.”
Diggle: “Looks like things have changed. Suit up, he wants us to provide backup.”
Felicity: “Roy can't go.”
Roy: “What?”
Felicity: “I need to talk to you about something important.”
Roy: “It can wait.”
Felicity: “No, it can't. John?”
Diggle: “I'll take care of it.” (Leaves)
Roy: “What the hell is that about?”
Felicity: “We need to talk.”
Roy: “Yeah, you made that pretty clear.”
Felicity: “Before we buried Sara, I scanned her body using portable magnetic resonance imaging.”
Roy: “Felicity, you're really starting to freak me out.”
Felicity: “I basically created a virtual autopsy. It's not as good as a regular autopsy, but like when I can use it to determine things an autopsy would, like angle of tack, trajectory, and the force of the arrows.”
Roy: “Felicity, what are you saying?”
Felicity: “There were certain things about the forensics that I couldn't reconcile with, specifically, the angle and the velocity of the arrows were not consistent with a normal bow or archer of normal height. But if the arrows were thrown with Mirakuru force… What if there was some residual Mirakuru in your system? It would explain the forensics. The angle and the force of the arrows.”
Roy: “But you said that I tested negative for Mirakuru.”
Felicity: “There isn't any in your blood today, but if one last Mirakuru episode burned down any remnants in your system –“
Roy: “’Episode?’ You mean… me killing Sara.”

306 (Guilty) – Roy confesses to killing Sara (because he believes that he killed her based on his recurring dreams):
Oliver: "Clearly, Grant knows who's behind the mask."
Roy: “Oliver. Laurel. I –“
Oliver: “What's up?”
Roy: “I have to –“
Felicity: “Roy, don't. Let's just –“
Roy: “I need to tell you something.”
Oliver: “Okay.”
Roy: “I - I killed Sara.”
Laurel: “That doesn't… You're not making any sense. Why would you kill Sara?”
Roy: “It was the Mirakuru.”
Felicity: “Roy had no memory of the attack. No real memory, at least. But he's been recalling fragments of his Mirakuru exposure last year. That, and suppressed memories often resurface in dreams.”
Laurel: “This is insane.”
Roy: “Laurel, I am so sorry. I'm really –“ (He approaches Laurel)
Laurel: “Don't!” (She wards him off, and he leaves)
Diggle: “Wait, Roy, where do you think you're going?”
Oliver: “Let him go. I thought he was cured.” 
Felicity: “What we know about Mirakuru is vastly outweighed by the things we don't know.” 
Laurel: “What does that even mean? That Roy killed my sister and that it's not his fault?” 
Oliver: “The arrows that killed Sara - we pulled DNA off of them, didn't we?” 
Felicity: “I tested it against the sample of Roy's blood. It was the first thing I did.”
Diggle: “And?” 
Felicity: “The results were inconclusive.” 
Laurel: “I can't process this right now.”
Oliver: “Hey. Hey. Look at me. Focus on what you can process. Ted knows who we're coming after. I need you to find out who it is.”
Laurel: “I can't. I can't. If Roy killed Sara, then –“
Oliver: “If Roy killed Sara, then… we will deal with it. For right now, I need you to deal with Ted. Okay?” 
Laurel: “Okay.” (Leaves)
Oliver: “How sure are you?” 
Felicity: “There's other forensic evidence. A virtual autopsy, in light of what Roy's described, it sounds incriminating. That, and his trouble sleeping started right when Sara was killed.”

306 (Guilty) – Diggle urges Oliver to bring Roy in:
Oliver: “No word from Laurel?” 
Felicity: “Not yet. But according to S.C.P.D. email traffic, which I may or may not have hacked into, they are dropping the charges against Ted Grant.” 
Diggle: “Oliver, let me go after Roy. If he's experiencing Mirakuru side effects, we can't leave him running around.” 
Oliver: “So you bring him in. Then what?” 
Diggle: “Oliver, this crusade of ours - it's supposed to be about justice, right? So if that's supposed to mean something, we can't have two sets of rules - one for the bad guys and one for us.” 
Oliver: “I'm the one who brought Roy into this crusade.” 
Diggle: “And maybe it's time for you to cut him loose.” 
Oliver: “Are you telling me to abandon him?” 
Diggle: “Yes, Oliver. If that's what it takes to find justice for Sara.”

306 (Cupid) - Oliver rescues Laurel and Ted Grant from Isaac Stanzler:
Laurel: "Where are we going?"
Isaac: "Just drive!"
Ted: "Hey, your beef is with me. Okay, you got me. Let her go. Taking innocent people hostage? Man, I taught you better than that."
Isaac: "They're not people, they're criminals."
Ted: "Albert Mancini wasn't. You still strung him up in that nightclub."
Isaac: "You taught me that there are no innocents when you abandoned me to the Culebras. You gave me direction, purpose. And then when things got tough, when I really needed you, you weren't there.'
(Laurel secretly uses her phone to call Felicity. Cut to Arrowcave.)
Felicity: "It's Laurel."
Oliver: "Put her on speaker."
Isaac (on phone): "I hated you so much for that."
Oliver: "That voice. That's him."
Isaac (on phone): "I was just a kid. You were supposed to know better."
Felicity: "Call's coming from Laurel's cell. Moving fast. They're in her car. They're headed north on Route 17."
Oliver: "Keep that line open."
(Cut back to Laurel's car.)
Ted: "Isaac, I'm sorry. I had no idea!"
Isaac: "Eyes on the road! Don't stop!" 
(They narrowly avoid a head-on collision with another vehicle driven by Diggle.)
Isaac: "Who was that, huh? Who was that?!"
Ted: "I don't know. The only friend I ever had was you."
(Oliver and Roy pursue the car on motorcycles.)
Ted: "Another vigilante. Looks like we started a movement."
Isaac: "Go, go, go!"
(Car crashes. Oliver and Diggle arrive at the crash scene.)
Oliver: "Get Grant! I'll get Laurel."
(Roy arrives and fights Isaac. Oliver carries Laurel from burning car just as it explodes.)
Isaac: "Don't you get it? He's using you! You're not a human being, man. You were just another weapon in his arsenal. And the second you do something wrong, he'll turn his back on you. He will abandon you!"
Roy: "I'm not you." (Defeats Isaac) 
Roy (to Oliver): "Don't abandon me."
Oliver: "Never."

306 (Guilty) - Oliver asks Ted to stay away from Laurel:
Ted: "Thank you."
Oliver: "You can thank me by doing something for me."
Ted: "Name it."
Oliver: "Stay away from Laurel Lance. She's in a vulnerable place and I don't want her getting hurt."
Ted: "Hmm. Did you bother asking what she wants? 'Cause that's her choice. If she stops coming, that's fine."
Oliver: "She'll stop coming."
Ted: "You know, you did me a solid, so let me repay you with a little hard-won advice. Learn from my mistake. What I did, what you do? This playing judge and jury? It messed with Isaac. I just waited till it was too late to cut him loose. Don't make the same mistake with the kid you're running around with."
Oliver: "Ted, your mistake wasn't cutting him loose. It was losing faith in him."

306 (Guilty) - Oliver and Laurel have a talk:
Oliver: "When I said I wouldn't train you, I was trying to protect you. But a homicidal former vigilante apprentice was not what I had in mind."
Laurel: "I know you're trying to protect me, Ollie, But I'm not helpless."
Oliver: "I've never seen you that way. But Laurel, I'm always going to watch out for you. It's not because I think you're helpless. It's because I care about you."

306 (Guilty) - Roy becomes Arsenal:
Roy: "That guy? He said I was just another weapon in your arsenal."
Oliver: "Well, maybe that's what we should call you, then. Arsenal."

306 (Guilty) - Laurel ignores Oliver's advice and returns to Ted for more training: 
Ted: "I've just been teaching you how to throw a proper jab. And your pal Robin Hood doesn't want me even doing that."
Laurel: "I want you to give me the tools to avenge my sister's death. I want you to teach me to get justice outside of a courtroom."
Ted: "I took on an apprentice once. That didn't work out so good."
Laurel: "Well, it's like you said - It's not about how you get knocked down to the mat. It's about whether you get up."

306 (Cupid) - A mysterious red-haired female archer appears and kills Isaac Stanzler with an arrow:
Isaac: "Who the hell are you?"
Cupid: "I'm Cupid, stupid."

Edited by tv echo