Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

The Housewives share their beauty and health regimens and discuss their growing children.

OK, how is it they can have an entire conversation about how Carlton doesn't like Kyle because of some vague vibe or because Kyle is rude and NEVER BRING UP THE DREAM!? WTF Bravo Andy!? I mean if they don't talk about that in the next episode I don't know what I'll do. I most certainly will not stop watching though because these people are nuts. I'm so bored with Kim and Yo's stupid kids going to stupid college though. Also I call BS on Yo's daughter being able to afford that place on her own. 

• Love 2

Also, why didn't anybody call BS on Carlton when she said she didn't like Kyle's energy or something.  I don't want anybody thinking I need to defend Kyle, but in a show about rich people and their contrived relationships, you need to have a better explanation.  

I was also hoping the dream would come up. 

• Love 1

Carlton is just such a specific brand of crazy. It's like she can't hear other people and what they are saying to her and just "feels energy" or whatever and that's how she makes decisions? I don't know what her deal is but I both do and don't hope the rumors that she's off the show are true. On the one hand I enjoy hearing her nonsense with the other women but on the other hand I could deal with never having to watch another of her alone with her kids and nanny or whatever home scenes she had. Those were the worst. 

• Love 1
I'm still calling bullshit on no one bringing up the dream. That shit was out of left field and comedy gold.

Yes it was. It belongs in the hall of shame of RHoBH. That crap was more WTF than Kim praying near the trash can.  I hope I am quoting correctly.

When Gigi had her 'illness', Yolanda went nuts at Brandi for even mentioning it.  Which of course made me curious. Was Gigi wasted? Homesick? Mini breakdown?  Or ate too many almonds?  Can't even imagine if Lisa mentioned it on the recap.  Kinda wishing she would but don't think that's fair to the kids.

I agree. The thing is, these women can't be that stupid to even be close to Brandi and have her in their lives. I knew after Brandi's first season on this show, she could not be trusted with any information. Why does Yolanda think she is safe from Brandi's unfiltered and drunken mouth?

ETA: apparently I am not quoting correctly. I had to edit in the quote thingy.

Edited by SPLAIN

Is Andy even going to address the comment Brandi made to the Housewife on Miami about Joanna being Mo's ex mistress? Or Brandi having a Twitter meltdown when Yolanda was on WWHL and basically said she's "Hollywood friends" with Brandi. That got swept under the rug very quickly.

I just honestly have no idea why they are giving Kim so much airtime on this reunion. She had a dog and cried over her teenage daughter moving 2 hours away. Who cares if Lisa didn't attend her backyard party? I hope she's demoted next season.

Lisa is completely missing everyone's point about her friendships. My take is that she is a good friend on her terms. On many occasions when the friendship wasn't on her terms or she felt she'd been slighted she was insensitive to her friends and their feelings were hurt. When the friend brings up the hurt, Lisa dismisses it for whatever reason further exacerbating the hurt. She's very bad at acknowledging other people's feelings as it relates to her actions especially if she disagrees with the other person's assessment.

We saw this with she and Kyle at Kyle's shop when they were discussing the cheating rumors and Lisa dismisses Kyle with an "oh, are we discussing this again?"

And with Yo and the Lyme's disease thing.

And Kim with Lisa being caught in a lie about the charity trip.

And Brandi with whatever (although I am less inclined to defend Brandi since I loathe that woman)

I can see Lisa being frustrating as a friend.

• Love 3

I can see Lisa being frustrating also, but on the Kim thing, I'm sorry but if Lisa RSVPd No it really doesn't matter where she was when she was anywhere. She said she wasn't coming, ultimately that's the only excuse you need in society. Will you come to my party? No? Ok. I mean I understand what happened and I understand Kim being sad because Lisa came home early and had time to go to her place of work but not get off a plane and get dressed to go to a graduation party for someone she's on a reality show with but really? I mean I feel like Kim is just looking for a reason to be upset with Lisa here. Sure if they were legitimate best friends ok, you're upset that she didn't come to your daughter's graduation party but I don't think she has a leg to stand on with this specific instance. I DO think Ken was a jerk by continuing to bring up her past bad behavior when she was drinking but at the same time she needs to be less sensitive about that. 

• Love 2
can see Lisa being frustrating also, but on the Kim thing, I'm sorry but if Lisa RSVPd No it really doesn't matter where she was when she was anywhere. She said she wasn't coming, ultimately that's the only excuse you need in society. Will you come to my party? No? Ok. I mean I understand what happened and I understand Kim being sad because Lisa came home early and had time to go to her place of work but not get off a plane and get dressed to go to a graduation party for someone she's on a reality show with but really? I mean I feel like Kim is just looking for a reason to be upset with Lisa here. Sure if they were legitimate best friends ok, you're upset that she didn't come to your daughter's graduation party but I don't think she has a leg to stand on with this specific instance. I DO think Ken was a jerk by continuing to bring up her past bad behavior when she was drinking but at the same time she needs to be less sensitive about that

This is where I believe Lisa plays a game, as I suspected and the others confirmed, Lisa said no I can't make it because of the trip.  Lisa then stated that if she got back early she would try to make the party.  That has always been my problem with Lisa, she pretends she has no clue why the others are mad when she knows the exact cause.  That is why she lied when asked about being at Sur that night, because if she was at Sur then she got back early and could have made the party.  I understand it was a long trip and maybe she didn't feel like attending the party afterwards, but then state that don't like and dismiss the persons comments and feelings.  

• Love 1
This is where I believe Lisa plays a game, as I suspected and the others confirmed, Lisa said no I can't make it because of the trip.  Lisa then stated that if she got back early she would try to make the party.

I wasn't paying too close attention - did someone confirm that Lisa said she would try to make the party if she came back early?  To whom did she say that?  I expect it wasn't Kim if she RSVP'd and sent a gift.

The other factor Kim isn't considering is that the graduation party was filmed for the show. So Lisa, after working at a charity event in MIssouri for two days, traveling by plane across the country, and arriving in Beverly Hills, would then have to get dressed, do her hair and makeup, and appear "on"-charming, funny, make for good t.v. if she decided to go the party. Instead she went to Sur to relax. She needed downtime, not more work.

This whole argument is just absurd. Kim needs to get over herself. LIsa may or may not be a good friend, but in this scenario she wasn't to blame.

• Love 1

I brought up the Kim thing because Kim was hurt that Lisa lied when confronted about her whereabouts and from Kim's perspective Lisa's denial or forgetfulness of being at Sur (she was caught and lied about remembering) is more icing on the cake. Lisa didn't acknowledge Kim's feelings whether Lisa agreed or not Kim's feelings were hurt and Lisa should acknowledge that. But I don't think she can.

• Love 1

I do wonder if they will keep Kim on. She made a lot of references to the show being good for her, encouraging her (and fans encouraging her) to keep her sobriety, how the show "saved her" and such. I wonder if Bravo is reluctant to let her go...she seems to be in a vulnerable place right now with her youngest having left for college.

She probably feels she's missed out on a lot of Kimberly's life when she was drinking and just as she gets sober, it's off to college for Kimberly. I hope she has something going on in her life besides her dog.

I wasn't paying too close attention - did someone confirm that Lisa said she would try to make the party if she came back early? To whom did she say that? I expect it wasn't Kim if she RSVP'd and sent a gift.

I'm not sure how to quote on my Ipad, but both Kyle and Brandi stated that Lisa said I'm RSVP no but if I get back early enough, I will try to make. Lisa did not state that this was a lie, she just dismissed it.

Edited by Easyspreestep

I love reunion episodes. I can watch a reunion episodes for shows that I don't even watch. This is the only series of reunion episodes where I'm honestly not sure if I'd ever bother to watch it again because it's been so boring and there are so many questions that I want Andy to ask and know he won't. 

The amount of time being taken up with Kim is absurd IMO. I also think her so-called issues with Lisa were bullshit; I can recall Lisa calling Kim on the phone on the show; I think officially responding "not able to attend" to an invite is a polite way of getting out of attending a party; other housewives commented on Kim's absences including Camille, Taylor, Adrienne, and Kyle, but of course Lisa is the main reunion target of this season so Kim is conveniently forgetting about this. Lisa isn't the one who made people notice that she was absent from events IMO--that's all on Kim for being the one who didn't show up. Brandi talks about how Lisa was pointing the absences out for everyone but IMO everyone could see the absences for themselves. I feel like that's Kim's fault but as usual she wants to blame someone for her problems and play the pity card about how she missed even more important events, presumably events in honor of her children and family. Kim will never take responsibility for her behavior and this what continues to frustrate me when I watch her on this show. 

Yolanda acts so smug sometimes it just makes me want to throw a pie in her face. Of course Mohammed is chipping in on Gigi's lifestyle. IMO she's out of her mind if she expects me to believe otherwise. (Just to be clear I'm not saying there's anything wrong with him doing that.) I also really disliked the way she kept trying to tell Joyce that she should have sympathy for Brandi because of her situation and depression, like she's Saint Yolanda or something.

• Love 1

What I can't stand about Yolanda is her hypocrisy. She practically had a nervous breakdown because Ken said she was "stupid" but she expects Joyce to sit back and let Brandi attack her ethnicity, career, and marriage.

The only way I would want Brandi to stay on the show is if she had a falling out with Yolanda and gave her the same treatment she gave Joyce & Lisa. Ms. Lemon would curl into a ball and die.