Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Fanatic

I agree about that being the only interesting thing going on.  It's head and shoulders above the awful McDermott/ex/kid storyline. 

I thought Maggie did a great job last night, particularly in that last scene with the friend.

• Love 3

Of course Beth (MQ) is doing exactly the opposite of what she would advise any other stalker victim to do - - not telling anyone what is happening, not trusting her instincts, not thinking through who she may have crossed paths with recently.  Sure, it's TV trope, but it's frustrating to watch. 

As far as the crazy mother/son plot : on CBS, it is not enough to have stalkers and mentally unstable people. There needs to be stabbing, running and shooting. Because.. just because...  (but points for not taking the mother out with a head shot -- NCIS would have ..) 

Edited by shrewd.buddha

It was great seeing Annalynne Mccord back on screen again. Bikini shot aside I think this was the least sexed up role she's had in years. How bad did that soap opera show she was starring in look? It made 90210 look intelligent.

Beth's stupidity over her own stalker is a gaping hole in the show.

Dylan McDermott looks and sounds like he's hungover in every episode.

Seven episodes and Maggie Q's hair is my favourite thing about the show.

• Love 1

How bad did that soap opera show she was starring in look? It made 90210 look intelligent.

I think it's obviously a mix between CW's The Beauty and The Beast and The Vampire Diaries. Even her name was Nina, like Nina Dobrev.

Of course Beth (MQ) is doing exactly the opposite of what she would advise any other stalker victim to do - - not telling anyone what is happening, not trusting her instincts, not thinking through who she may have crossed paths with recently.  Sure, it's TV trope, but it's frustrating to watch.e ..) 

The trouble is, she seems barely aware that she is being stalked.  The card she received this episode is the only concrete thing she's got, and even that is so inconclusive she is looking back into her past life.  Meanwhile, Boytoy is laying in her bed and sniffing her panties!  Given the expert job of stalking we've seen from him (seven episodes now), isn't it time that it begin to "pay off?"

There doesn't seem to be much point in weeks of stalking, if the victim remains oblivious.  There is no fear, paranoia, uncertainty and distrust.  As far as I can tell, there aren't many episodes left, so when is the whole business to come to a head?

Beth could suspect Donald McDuck and waste an episode or two blaming him.  (Pity his predilection for stalking hasn't surfaced, especially. if the Ex could reveal that her issue with him was he had stalked a co-worker.)  Whoever it is that she's calling the sanitarium to check up on could escape, drawing another red herring across the trail.  Her buddy who is sleeping with Boytoy could find out and be killed to silence her. Only, I like her, so let's make it a coma in ICU that she can recover from later.  This leads to an attempt on her life in the hospital.  Boytoy could get confronted by a solo McDuck and kill him, thereby greatly increasing the standard and quality of the acting on subsequent episodes of the show.  Sanitarium guy could be apprehended, leading to the false conclusion that the danger was passed.  And so on, and so forth, for many episodes, all meanwhile solving the stalker-of-the-week cases as well.

Instead, Beth unbuttons her shirt some more, and buys new net curtains, completely oblivious to the machinations of Boytoy as the end of the series draws closer and closer with each passing episode.  So how does TPTB plan to resolve this?

The scene when the victim got attacked in the elevator: was that guy with her a bodyguard or just a manager or something?  I hope it was the latter, because if he really got knocked out after one punch, he is the worst bodyguard ever.

On one hand, at least the case was actually about stalking and the victim was pretty smart and held her own better then the norm.  On the other hand, every twist or turn was way too obvious.  I guess when you have so many procedural out there, there is bound to be retread, but the show couldn't telegraph it any more that the unattractive sister was jealous of the victim or that the stalker's mother was crazy too.

So, it now sounds like the guy Beth has in asylum was maybe an ex or something?  And she had a sister and something bad happen to her?  I guess they'll drag this out for the season.  Meanwhile, her own stalker is easily gaining grown, and she barely seems to have any idea what is going on.  Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if this leads up to Jack being the damn hero, and saving Beth.

There doesn't seem to be much point in weeks of stalking, if the victim remains oblivious.  There is no fear, paranoia, uncertainty and distrust.  As far as I can tell, there aren't many episodes left, so when is the whole business to come to a head?

CBS ordered a full season for this show, it's not going to end in two episodes, I think.

Pity his predilection for stalking hasn't surfaced, especially. if the Ex could reveal that her issue with him was he had stalked a co-worker.

We already know that's not what happened and that's not why the Ex has issues with Jack, though.

So, it now sounds like the guy Beth has in asylum was maybe an ex or something?  And she had a sister and something bad happen to her?

The guy in the asylum is probably Beth's previous stalker, the one who presumably burned down her house and her entire family alive. We found out about that when Baby Stalker was snooping around her past couple episodes back.

Edited by CooperTV

Jack: "He's like a professional stalker ... the guy's a scumbag."

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!

This is why I can't take his character seriously. You're lurking outside your ex's house, sneaking around their neighborhood and posting photos on your wall, and the paparazzi dude is a scumbag?!??!?! ARGH.

Maggie Q is the only reason I continue to watch. Hear that, showrunners. The only reason.

• Love 4
CBS ordered a full season for this show, it's not going to end in two episodes, I think.

How many episodes is "a full season?"  24?  16?  13?  If 13, they're already past the halfway point.  Isn't it time she notices that her panty drawer looks disturbed?   Catches a glimpse of a shadowy figure looking suspicious in her yard?   Finds a condom in her locker at the gym?  Something?

I fear that TPTB want her to realize she's being stalked, investigate, identify the culprit, and bring him to justice, all in one single episode, with time left over to frig with her curtains a bit while some 2nd rate singer performs a tortured cover of some soulful song.

But the biggest mystery is why I give a flying fuck about this painfully shitty show.  Honestly.

I was glad the episode was about stalking this time, 1 point for the show! -2 points for Jack not realizing he's a scumbag.

Okay, I know nothing about being a stalker survivor, but would you really give your best friend your security code? And I mean, at the least, if she is that worried to give people her security codes, wouldn't she be changing them regularly? So it's possible boytoy wouldn't be able to get in again?

When Beth noticed that her perfume was out of place, I kept waiting for her to check her closet, or her drawers. Again, if she's worried enough to give friends her security codes, would she not have a few things she would leave a certain way so she would know if someone had been in her house? So the perfume is not in the right spot, but everything else must be hunky-dory? The show wants me to believe she makes other people's stalkers obsessed with her, but she doesn't have any precautions like leaving things in certain spots, or that she wouldn't run and check on anything she's kept from her past? Minus 100 points shows.

• Love 1

Good ep; I continue to enjoy Dylan which seems to be an unpopular opinion. Another unpopular opinion is that I don't see why there's so much adulation for Maggie Q; she's a good actress but the entire cast is good, not just her. I wonder what the endgame is for Beth's stalker & I hope her friend doesn't get hurt in his pursuit of of her.

• Love 2

On a positive note at least we didnt have to see Elizabeth Rohm being angry and self-righteous in this episode.

I agree Beth is acting stupid, whatever happened in her past was obviously bad. Yet she leaves her sheer curtains open all the time. Does not even notice crazy boy was rolling in her bed and digging through all her stuff. Some excellent police work there, makes her look incompetent.

• Love 2

Did anyone else realize that Nina's stalker was Warren from Empire Records, all grown up? I kept thinking throughout the episode that he looked familiar, but I couldn't place him until I IMDB'd him. And it was a mini-reunion of sorts with Nina's sister, being played by Heather Matarazzo- they were both in Welcome To The Dollhouse, a 90's indie movie about a nerdy young girl who decides she wants to seduce a band guy.

I thought the "soap" was a pretty funny parody on Beauty and the Beast, although that show pretty much ignored making the Beast physically unattractive in any way.

The whole thing with the jealous sister was very The Bodyguard.  They didn't sell me on Annalynne McCord and Wienerdog being sisters.

Regarding the alarm code, wasn't the friend staying with her, so she needed it?  What's stupid is storing it in her phone.  Also, unlocking her phone in front of "Brody" when she didn't use it for anything, anyway.

I'm under the impression that Beth realized the perfume bottle was out of place and is actually getting pretty rattled at this point.  I'm beginning to think that storyline will be dragged out all season.