Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Those double standards sound crazy to me. If the judge would have pass the same kind of ruling but against Bethenny, the viewers would be asking for her head on a platter, prosecution and jail time. Unbelievable.

FYI, for me, just me, I would be asking the same questions about Jason as I am about Bethenny. Neither are "saints" and neither have put Bryn first IMO.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bethenny doesn't have 100M dollars in her bank account, so the notion that she should give Jason just merely 10M and save herself all the headache is ridiculous IMO

Bethenny sold her cocktail line for a "potential 100M" , meaning that in the 7 years of the contract life , there is the potential for the sale to accumulate that amount, the only amount that has been verified is 64M, those 64 are not Bethenny's alone, Bethenny had a partner , Mr. David Kanbar, the spirit's maverick who made this whole deal even possible, he was Bethenny's parter and he got 50% of that money. He didn't have the emotional attachment that Bethenny had with the cocktail line so he took his half and moved to other ventures, Bethenny got the other half , 32M but after paying her team of negotiators, lawyers, taxes, etc, etc, she probably ended up with 25M of that money, she could make more money out of the deal but it is based on product sales so probably not huge bonus after the first year. Add maybe a couple of millions for all her other ventures so that is the reason why many places estimate Bethenny's whole network at around 25M

Jason even with a prenup thinks he should be entitled to 10M out of those 25? For what? He signed a prenup that protected any money made from the cocktail sale and IMO Bethenny has been more than generous in her offers, 3M first and then 7M , jason should have take the offer, vacate the apartment he knows doesn't belong to him and keep it as friendly as possible. Instead he , yes he by hiring a financial auditor, has turned this divorce into a dragging nightmare and now more of his shady deals are coming to light and he (just my wishful thinking) might end up losing most of it.

The fact that he decided to use his mother as a notary just highlights to me that Jason was preparing himself for the divorce , there are notaries on every corner of NYC, why did it have to be his mom? Jason has been about the monetary gain since the get go and Leroux , I am glad you write that post that I absolutely agree with, Jason had a plan in mind and he rellied and maybe still rellied on the fact that Bethenny is a damaged person who wanted to keep peace and protect her daughter, and her image to go after every red cent of money he could get his hands on. Bethenny should think about her daughter and give him what he wants? What about Jason? Shouldn't he think about his daughter before he tries to defraud Bryn's mother? I guess as long as Saint Jason commits actions that a judge has now dismissed as probably fraudulent we have to give him the benefit of the doubt and try to find any and every explanation for his behavior but when it comes to Bethenny she is an evil mastermind because she doesn't allow Jason to take her to the cleaners?

Those double standards sound crazy to me. If the judge would have pass the same kind of ruling but against Bethenny, the viewers would be asking for her head on a platter, prosecution and jail time. Unbelievable.

-I never said Jason was entitled to 10 million as I have never seen the pleadings.  In all the numbers quoted there was also an additional 20 million dollar performance payout of SG the first year.  All one has to do is check the Jim Beam financials for that year.  Bethenny has plenty of money and it is hers to spend.  I am sure Jason would take payments. The new rich spend a fortune on attorneys fees trying to show the other party they are right and won't stand for any nonsense.  Old money has more brains or maybe it is finesse and realizes running up a million or two in attorneys fees doesn't make one look better and the toll it takes on one's life in immeasurable.  Bethenny vowed to spend every penny she made on the Jim Beam  on attorneys' fees  before giving him a dime to her former agent.  Big words and in the end Bethenny capitulated and settled.

I think I am just a little lost on there being a right and wrong side here.  There is only one party that matters and that is Bryn and at some point one party is going to fold and realize they are doing a crappy job of raising their child as long as there is all this animosity between them. Bethenny tries to wrestle custody away from Jason, Jason tries to get more money from Bethenny.  At one time I really liked the two of them as a couple and then I just could not deal with the neurotic Bethenny.  It doesn't make him a better or worse person than Bethenny  it just made him more watchable.   For two apparently intelligent adults they seemed to use very little common sense in the breeding department.  Two spontaneous pregnancies with the broodmare ambivalent about the stallion.  I call bullshit.

I have no idea if the reports are true or not about what Bethenny has offered and what Jason has rejected.  I just hope they move it along.  As to guesses that Jason will write a book-why?  If there were non-disclosures agreements (which is doubtful since they were on a reality show) they would be mutual. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

As to guesses that Jason will write a book-why?  If there were non-disclosures agreements (which is doubtful since they were on a reality show) they would be mutual. 

Well, Bethenny has already written a book. Has anyone here read it, does she talk about their marriage and or this custody/divorce battle? IMO, If she did discuss it in any way, she then opened the door for him to do so as well but I am hoping he cares for, loves Bryn more than needing/wanting to slam her mother in a book (or in court). JMO 

• Love 1

Well, I have never read any of Bethenny's books but I find it hard to believe that if she wrote a gigantic slam of Jason in a book, that it wouldn't have been commented on, quoted, cited, and used as an example of why Bethenny is a bad person.

• Love 3

Well, I have never read any of Bethenny's books but I find it hard to believe that if she wrote a gigantic slam of Jason in a book, that it wouldn't have been commented on, quoted, cited, and used as an example of why Bethenny is a bad person.

I have not read any of them either, that is why I asked. Her book is about "sucking at relationships" and she wrote it after she filed for divorce. As I said, I hope he would NOT write a book slamming her because it will hurt Bryn and the same for her. They need to keep the others name out of their mouths when angry/upset around Bryn, both of them and they need to stop it in court/press as well.  

• Love 3

Is it possible that Jason switched out pages of the trust agreement and used the original signature page? And maybe Carol falsely notarized the slipped in pages? I really couldn't understand that article.

Is it possible that Jason switched out pages of the trust agreement and used the original signature page? And maybe Carol falsely notarized the slipped in pages? I really couldn't understand that article.

You only notarized a signature, not initials on every page (even assuming all pages were initialed).
  • Love 1

The lawyer who witnessed the document was not present when the trust document was signed. The notary that certified the signatures was not licensed in the state of New York the fact that the notary was also immediate family just helped the case. The bottom line was the trust was invalid.

If the signatures were authentic doesn't matter since no one can prove it. Jason could say it was forged as well. The lawyer who witnessed lied. He did not witness.

There is no trust as the deed holder so now the deed is on the name of the purchaser. In this case it might well be a single but engaged Bethenny. I wonder what the prenup says about single Bethenny's assets.

This is going to get interesting.

• Love 4

She was dumb enough to marry Jason, so ....

Seriously though, I can see Bethenny (like many people) skimming a document and thinking she had the ability to really understand it, but some of the finer legal ramifications of what she was doing went over her head. I would not have known that by creating some kind of general trust to hold an apartment meant that the trustee could live there indefinitely. The exact language to spell that out may have been hidden or quite indecipherable.

Of course, her lawyer would have told her what she was signing. And that is why I am thinking she didn't have it reviewed ... she never would have signed it. She was willing to not go through with her wedding if Jason wouldn't sign the pre-nup, after all. So at most she did a half-assed job reading it, trusted Jason, and made a HUGE mistake. Fortunately Jason did too, lol. I wonder how the judge views his credibility now?

This was her dream apartment. An apartment we've heard she planned every square inch of, chose every tile for, picked every faucet and fixture, worked with the architect from beginning to end, nor letting Jason have a say in anything . She did alllllllll of that, but didn't bother to have her lawyer read over the actual ownership documents that Jason drew up? Not buying that story one bit.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't know what's more surprising -  the fact that so many people here would not sign something their spouse prepared without having a lawyer review it, or by how many people here think Bethenny is incapable of making a mistake. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3

The lawyer who witnessed the document was not present when the trust document was signed. The notary that certified the signatures was not licensed in the state of New York the fact that the notary was also immediate family just helped the case. The bottom line was the trust was invalid.

If the signatures were authentic doesn't matter since no one can prove it. Jason could say it was forged as well. The lawyer who witnessed lied. He did not witness.

There is no trust as the deed holder so now the deed is on the name of the purchaser. In this case it might well be a single but engaged Bethenny. I wonder what the prenup says about single Bethenny's assets.

This is going to get interesting.

So is Bethenny arguing both it isn't her signature and she didn't know what she was signing?  Interesting.  I think the purchase of the apartment occurred during the marriage.  I am certain there are provisions in the pre-nup for purchases of property with Bethenny's separate earnings.  I thought this apartment was originally purchased in some assistant's name as head of the trust?

This attorney who prepared the trust is just some random attorney Bethenny never met?

The notary is a non-issue if she wasn't licensed in NY.  It doesn't make Jason and his mother nefarious just lacking awareness of what is required to make a notary's signature valid.

They have been going through this divorce for two years, with  many hearings over who can live in the apartment and this is now just coming to light?  The wheels of justice do turn slowly for some.

• Love 3

The notary is a non-issue if she wasn't licensed in NY.  It doesn't make Jason and his mother nefarious just lacking awareness of what is required to make a notary's signature valid.

They have been going through this divorce for two years, with  many hearings over who can live in the apartment and this is now just coming to light?  The wheels of justice do turn slowly for some.

When I first read about the apartment it was through some gossip rag and they were trying to paint Bethenny as a shady character or a liar because there was no apartment under her name on the TriBeCa area, that is when it was revealed that the apartment was purchased by a trust where one of her previous secretaries was the head of the trust.

How and when that changed is up for speculation, what is no longer an speculation but a fact is that a JUDGE has ruled that the trust is invalid, if the trust would had been set up under normal and legal circumstances it would stand so obviously the judge found enough irregularities to declare it nule and void as if it never existed.

Was it because Bethenny didn't read and just signed? Is it because the witness signature was done by a lawyer that Bethenny never met? I figure any reputable lawyer who witnessed this transaction would had come forward and testified iN front of the judge how he was present during the signatures and how he carefully explained to Bethenny the consequences of her naming her husband head of this trust, I know when I signed my will the lawyer went with my point my point, the fact that the signing lawyer wasn't able or never came in front of the judge is very telling to me, usually 99% of lawyers who aren't shady wouldn't accept kindly to have their professional reputation soiled by an incident like this, a reputable lawyer would fight tooth and nails to prove that there was no fraud committed and clear their name involved in shady deals. It would be comical to find out that the lawyer is one of Jason's frat pals.

Divorces are very ugly and if any person could say I didn't read or I didn't understand what I was reading (i.e. prenups, will see, etc) papers would be declared nule right and left, but the reality is that most of the times the judge would just slap you with a big fact "ignorance of the law is not an excuse" speech and you will have to deal with the legal consequences of signing a legal and binding document, but that is not the case here. A judge found enough shadiness in this ordeal to throw this trust out the window as it never existed, no matter how many excuses one wants to make for Jason and his mother, the fact stands that a judge, who has no emotional ties and who has been extremely strict with Bethenny ruling mostly against her in every single step of this process, found that the trust was created in a less than clear and legal way.

When I read the article it didn't give me the impression that Bethenny was saying she didn't read it and signed, it gave me the impression of her saying she had no recollection so IMO Jason might have made her signed a bunch of documents and sneaked that one in there and Bethenny trusted him and signed it. All of that could have been avoided if the transaction was done in front of an third party notary, notaries are very strict and they usually go with you page by page verifying that you are signing each and every page, but in this case Jason used his own mother as a notary, why? He could find one in the corner of his street? Why use his own mother when he could have used anybody else?

IMO Jason and his attitude during this divorce have given me enough reasons to conclude that Jason knew exactly what he was doing and his mother was in cahoots with him, sorry mrs. Carole seemed like a lovely lady but maybe like Jason it was just a charade, Jason's father also seemed lovely until we found out that he had no problem parading in his underwear in front of a camera crew just to interrupt Bethenny's interview. The Hoppys are giving me more and more creepy feelings and this latest court revelations tell me that the outstanding, all american family might have been nothing but a charade or a carefully orchestrated scheme to secure themselves a bright financial future at the expense of a needy but emotionally damaged woman who needed desperately to protect her public image.

• Love 9

Having been around lots of wills lately that you would think represent the deceased last wishes but have ended up in ugly family court cases I've come to the conclusion that lawyers often don't even understand how contract language can play out once challenged. This will have to play out in the court and I'm not counting out that the lawyers involved didn't construct a poor contract in the first place.

• Love 2

I don't know what's more surprising - the fact that so many people here would not sign something their spouse prepared without having a lawyer review it, or by how many people here think Bethenny is incapable of making a mistake.

I'm sure the average Joe Schmo might not have an issue signing something their husband prepared. But this is Bethenny were talking about. Is she the master business woman who penned herself a brilliant million dollar deal over her crappy drink? Is she the know it all who built her dream home from the bricks up all by herself? Is she the little orphan who made her name without the help of her famous dad and his money? Or is she the poor wilted flower who was forced into a relationship, pregnancy, peeing on tv, and now signing false documents by big bad scheming Jason and his evil mommy? She and her fans need to hurry up and pick which B they're going with because I'm getting confused.

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't necessarily think she had to portray herself as a wilted flower in order to have made the mistake of signing something she shouldn't have. This happens all the time in marriages, good and bad.

That Bethenny managed to broker an awesome deal for SkinneyGirl doesn't mean she's incapable of ever making a bad business decision going forward - I would have thought the choice to make the talk show proved that her business sense isn't perfect. And again, if she's such a mastermind business woman, why would she have sat on this knowledge for years when all she had to do was a)not sign off on the trust at all or b) reveal that the trust was set up incorrectly much sooner so that she could get Jason out of the apartment?

What benefit did she receive for NOT revealing this sooner?

Like I said earlier, I suspect she had to hire a lawyer to dig into the paper and find the problems and that's what took so long. If you want to see Bethenny as a manipulative taker* trying to screw Jason out of every cent she can - then the question I have is how did a)signing off on the trust and b) knowingly waiting years to reveal that the trust was invalid benefit Bethenny in any way? The only person who benefits at all is Jason. Why would Bethenny intentionally do something that benefits Jason and makes her look bad?

*I have no problem calling Bethenny a manipulative taker. I just don't see the profit in this action.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 5

Is she the master business woman who penned herself a brilliant million dollar deal over her crappy drink? 

I like her drinks.  I have a bottle of her Sangria in my fridge right now.

The radaronline article is just one part of the puzzle.  And the reader is relying on their accuracy.  If there one thing I've learned from all the links to radaronline that I've read is that they're not the smartest or most intelligent reporters out there and take their reporting with a grain of salt.  They've got an agenda just as Beth and Jason do.

Seems to me that this issue is not about kicking Jason out of the house.  It's about ownership of the condo.  Under NYS law, Jason has every right to stay in the marital home until the divorce is settled.  Just because Beth filed for divorce, she can't force him out of his home (whether it's in her name or not) unless he's committing a crime (spousal abuse, etc.).  As I've stated before, that's a good thing.

Beth found a loophole in the trust documents (the notary) and used that to have the trust judged invalid.  I don't believe for a second that she didn't understand what she was signing.  If it were decision to have the condo only in her name, why didn't she have 'her' lawyers draw up the documents?  Add to that, she would have to agree to having Jason appointed as trustee.  I also think radaronline is wrong that just because Jason is sole trustee, he gets to stay in the condo.  A trustee doesn't have that power.  A trustee is responsible for managing the trust for the beneficiaries (the owners of the assets).

The bottom line is that it seems a trust for property was set up with Jason and Beth, and probably Bryn as the beneficiaries (and if one of them dies, the others inherit the others share).   Beth is claiming she didn't understand the trust so that she can get sole ownership of the condo.  Jason is probably claiming that because of the trust, it is a marital asset (I don't know if this is totally true because we don't have any evidence of what Jason is claiming).  Beth found the loophole (and I don't think there was anything sinister going on with Jason's mom's notarizing.  Most likely it was about convenience) and got it declared invalid and they're back to square one.  

If Beth wasn't so hell bent on 'winning', it probably would be cheaper to just settle and get on with her life.  Instead, she is miserable.  Winning isn't everything.  Take what you may think are losses and stop wasting years of your life over this.  Same with her childhood.  Build a bridge and get over it.  She has a damn good life.  Start enjoying it because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

• Love 8
(edited)

Take what you may think are losses and stop wasting years of your life over this.  Same with her childhood.  Build a bridge and get over it.  She has a damn good life.  Start enjoying it because who knows what tomorrow will bring.

This applies to Jason as well, right? I mean, he's spent years fighting Bethenny over this apartment.

Yest. 10:59 pm

I don't know what's more surprising -  the fact that so many people here would not sign something their spouse prepared without having a lawyer review it, or by how many people here think Bethenny is incapable of making a mistake.

I have to admit, I am shocked as well by how apparently beyond the realm of reason it is for Bethenny to have made a mistake. Especially considering the many mistakes she's made over the years.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 9

This applies to Jason as well, right? I mean, he's spent years fighting Bethenny over this apartment.

I have to admit, I am shocked as well by how apparently beyond the realm of reason it is for Bethenny to have made a mistake. Especially considering the many mistakes she's made over the years.

I think Jason's situation is different from Beth's - the stakes are much higher.  The money involved would make a huge difference in his life and Bryn's.  On the other hand, Beth isn't really going to 'suffer'.  She's already bought another multimillion dollar place and is financially set.

Bottom line is that the best thing that could happen is that Jason be given his half or third.  They sell the place.  The mortgage has to be paid off and they divide the proceeds accordingly. 

• Love 3

Just FYI, there didn't have to be anything "shady" for the Judge to declare the document invalid. It does happen, even with the best of intentions on all sides. Not saying that there wasn't anything shady here (though I don't personally believe that his mother being the notary is evidence of shady behavior, nor do I see him being trustee as shady), but it isn't that unusual for a court to declare a document invalid.

And though I don't know all the particulars, as someone else mentioned, it is unlikely that Jason was allowed to stay in the apt just because he is the trustee. Trustees have a fiduciary duty to the beneficiaries, and must act in their best interests, not the best interests of the trustee. If, as we all suspect, Brynn is at least one of the beneficiaries (with Bethenny being the other likely one), then there is a legitimate argument to be made that it is in Brynn's best interests to stay in the home she has come to know.

• Love 2

Bottom line is that the best thing that could happen is that Jason be given his half or third.  They sell the place.  The mortgage has to be paid off and they divide the proceeds accordingly.

And if he hadn't signed a pre-nup, that would be a fair argument. But he did sign a pre-nup. I can make the counter argument that the best thing that could happen is for Jason to accept he agreed to the pre-bup and accept the terms he agreed to. They're fighting in court because Jason doesn't want to abide by the terms he previously agreed to.

Now is this best for Brynn? Of course not - but both Jason and Bethenny are guilty of digging in their heels on the issue of the apartment and if Bethenny should just pay Jason what he wants to calm him down for Brynn's sake because that's what a good mother does - then the argument can be made that Jason should be a good father and walk away for Brynn's sake. If various sources are to be believed - Jason's been offered some large amounts of money to settle and won't. If he feels he's right, that he's genuinely due x amount of dollars, that's fine but like Bethenny, he's standing on principle at the expense of Brynn.

Jason has the power to end this as easily as Bethenny does - and so far hasn't. And if this business with the trust is to be believed then he really isn't looking like the innocent country bumpkin people like to suggest he is in this. Frankly the fact that he's kept hold of assets despite signing a prenup strongly suggest Bethenny has made several mistakes in business.

• Love 7

I think Jason's situation is different from Beth's - the stakes are much higher.  The money involved would make a huge difference in his life and Bryn's.  

Jason is receiving 10K a month child support to care for Bryn.  Plus the court has already ruled that 97% of the costs of all her school, medical, educational, and living expenses are going to be paid by Bethenny.  So Bryn is going to be just fine.  

All Jason is fighting for right now is money for HIMSELF. 

They were married for two stinking years.  She was a nationally known figure on TV and best-selling published author before she ever met him.  He was not really a Skinny Girl employee and he had nothing to do with her Jim Beam deal.  He is not entitled to anything more than was agreed to by him in the pre-nup he signed, in which he agreed he would not receive spousal support if they divorced within a certain time frame.  He signed it just to get Bethenny to marry him and he should have to honor his agreement.

Let him get a job if he wants more money to spend. 

On the other hand, Beth isn't really going to 'suffer'.  She's already bought another multimillion dollar place and is financially set.

I hope "she'll never miss it" is not the standard by which this (or any other) case is actually decided!  How patently unfair.  Just because Bethenny would still have a lot of money does not mean she should made to give Jason a lot of money he is not legally entitled to.  No one should have to do that.  I can't imagine a court system operating under such principles.  

And though I don't know all the particulars, as someone else mentioned, it is unlikely that Jason was allowed to stay in the apt just because he is the trustee.

I have certainly never heard of such an arrangement.  Who in the world would create a trust that allows the trustee to make personal use the property held by the trust?  And word it so that it was apparently impossible to undo?  

That is why I mentioned that hopefully some blogger or someone more in the *know* and who actually understands the law (unlike ROL) will join this discussion and explain what is really going on.  Because the ROL version of the trust just sounds so improbable. That is unless Jason really did pull an incredibly evil fast one and actually somehow worded the trust so as to give himself the right to use trust property personally.  And make it impossible to remove him as trustee.  If you can even do that.   

• Love 10

I'm sure the average Joe Schmo might not have an issue signing something their husband prepared. But this is Bethenny were talking about. Is she the master business woman who penned herself a brilliant million dollar deal over her crappy drink? Is she the know it all who built her dream home from the bricks up all by herself? Is she the little orphan who made her name without the help of her famous dad and his money? Or is she the poor wilted flower who was forced into a relationship, pregnancy, peeing on tv, and now signing false documents by big bad scheming Jason and his evil mommy? She and her fans need to hurry up and pick which B they're going with because I'm getting confused.

The things you are citing are mostly coming from detractors of Bethenny to support the proposition that she is too business savvy to have made the mistake of signing papers she didn't understand.  The people I think you assume are her "fans" are expressing the idea that despite her success in business, Bethenny is human and makes mistakes just like everyone else.  

I also don't see any "fan" posts painting her as a wilted flower forced into anything, either.  It's been pointed out that she was maybe a little too anxious to have a family and rushed into an unwise marriage, then went on to mix her marriage with her business and it worked out badly for her.  But I haven't read anything here about her being forced into anything.

Being willing to see Bethenny as a human who makes mistakes in her business and personal life doesn't make you a "fan" in my opinion, and I don't see anyone who fits this description of what a fan is putting forth the conflicting opinions about her persona you suggest. So there is really nothing for her "fans" to choose between, in my opinion. 

• Love 3

Jason is receiving 10K a month child support to care for Bryn. Plus the court has already ruled that 97% of the costs of all her school, medical, educational, and living expenses are going to be paid by Bethenny. So Bryn is going to be just fine.

All Jason is fighting for right now is money for HIMSELF.

They were married for two stinking years. She was a nationally known figure on TV and best-selling published author before she ever met him. He was not really a Skinny Girl employee and he had nothing to do with her Jim Beam deal. He is not entitled to anything more than was agreed to by him in the pre-nup he signed, in which he agreed he would not receive spousal support if they divorced within a certain time frame. He signed it just to get Bethenny to marry him and he should have to honor his agreement.

Let him get a job if he wants more money to spend.

I hope "she'll never miss it" is not the standard by which this (or any other) case is actually decided! How patently unfair. Just because Bethenny would still have a lot of money does not mean she should made to give Jason a lot of money he is not legally entitled to. No one should have to do that.

Bethenny got not one but two shows after RHNY based on her life with Jason. To say he had no part in her success is ridiculous IMO. Where would she be today without him and that part of their lives together. And the only one stating Jason had nothing to do with SG is Bethenny now. If we are to believe what we saw on her shows (chuckle chuckle) Jason was involved in her business quite a bit, so who knows how involved he actually was with the JB deal.

• Love 6

Actually, we don't know what Jason is entitled to.  We don't what agreement Beth and Jason made when they bought the condo.

We also don't know what was in the prenup.  Just because they had a prenup doesn't mean that Jason isn't entitled to a share of marital assets.  This has to be addressed in the prenup.  We don't know.

We really don't much of anything regarding their marriage agreement or what is going on in the divorce.  Most of the information that posters are stating here as fact are from articles from online tabloids with anonymous sources or radaronline 'reporters' selectively giving information from selective documents.  Documents that are confidential and not open to public record.  Hm, gotta wonder  who is leaking these 'selective' documents.  Are some of these things being reported true?  Probably but it doesn't tell the whole story.

And where are the facts that back up the statement that Jason doesn't work?  Anonymous sources don't make anything 'fact'.  I don't know if he is or isn't.  I've read both.  BTW, according to radaronline, which some people believe is printing facts, stated that Jason makes just over $100000 a year.  I don't think he's making that from his income properties.

To clarify about Bryn...we do know for a fact that Jason and Beth have shared custody.  Bryn will be living with her father half the time.  So yes, any money that Jason may receive from the condo or from the divorce settlement affects Bryn.  It will determine where she will live with her father when she's with him and their lifestyle.  As for the child support, no permanent child support has been determined.  What has been determined if you believe radaronline is that it is 'temporary' child support and other costs.  No where does it state living expenses as someone stated here.  Yes, she's been supposedly ordered to pay for the condo.  That's until the divorce is settled.  There's nothing unusual here.  She makes way more money than he does.  The other choice is for Bryn to change her lifestyle.

Lastly, again, people are interpreting things stated on radaronline as facts.  The radaronline article says:

On November 28, 2011, Hoppy was appointed sole successor trustee of the trust — for privacy reasons, Frankel says she believed. Now that they’ve split, however, that means he gets to stay there.

That last sentence was inserted by radaronline.  That's their interpretation.  Again, Jason has every right to stay in that house until the divorce is settled under NY law.  The law in New York is that your spouse can only be excluded from the marital home where it can be demonstrated to the Court that there has been extreme physical violence, in which case for the safety of the victim spouse, the Court will exclude the aggressor spouse from the home. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Bethenny got not one but two shows after RHNY based on her life with Jason. To say he had no part in her success is ridiculous IMO. Where would she be today without him and that part of their lives together.

Oh, I don't know .... maybe appearing on Bravo, starring on the Real Housewives of New York?  Going on without him just the same way she did before she ever met him? 

Sorry, but I see Jason as nothing more than a peripheral character when it comes to Bethenny's success on reality shows.  She was a hit before him and she is still a hit now that he is gone.  He deserves absolutely zero credit for her success on TV in my opinion.

• Love 7

I don't know for sure ...  there is the fact that it was bought with what appears to be 100% "her" money (about half came from a loan in her name and half from one of her bank accounts)  which may make a difference in terms of it being a marital asset subject to division. I have not had time to look at any New York law this morning to figure it out.  I think you would need to know the terms of their pre-nup to answer this question, too.  There may be a provision about things bought with "her money," you never know. 

Actually, I think the important thing is this :  wasn't there something about the apartment actually being SkinnyGirl property?  That makes me think she used SkinnyGirl money.  And she still owns SkinnyGirl Company, didn't she say that, despite this Beam deal?  

At any rate, the apartment was bought then immediately moved into a trust for the sake of "privacy" (or so Bethenny thought, lol).   And the fact that Jason is the trustee of that trust is what has allowed him to go on living in the apartment.  But since the trust doesn't exist, the trust can't own the apartment ... it in effect reverts back to whoever originally owned it.  It would belong to either SkinnyGirl OR belong to Bethenny and depending upon NY state law and their pre-nup, it may be subject to division (or maybe not!)

I think if we give this story another day or two, people more knowledgable about the law and facts will write about in various blogs and on gossip sites and things will become clearer. 

The loan was not in Beth's name.  It was in the trust's name.  That's public record and anyone can look that up.  The condo was not Skinny Girl property because it was purchased by the trust, not Skinny Girl.

The trust was not formed 'after' the purchase.  It was the trust was the purchaser.  Again, public record.  Anyone can look this up on NYC property records. 

http://a836-acris.nyc.gov/CP/

There is nothing that backs up that because he was the trustee, he was therefore allowed to live in the apartment. 

• Love 4

The loan was not in Beth's name.  It was in the trust's name.  That's public record and anyone can look that up.

I think the problem is that the trust no longer exists and there's some suggestion that Bethenny purchased the apartment with her own funds.

If she did - and I grant the possibility this isn't true lest anyone want to complain about it - then the apartment belongs solely to Bethenny and not to the now nonexistent trust. If the apartment belongs solely to Bethenny then Jason has no claim and can be forced out.

Or something. I'm not a lawyer.

Obviously unless Jason and Bethenny decide to drop it for the sake of their mutual child, this will go one

• Love 1

Just because they are millions of people in the world whose situations are much worse than your doesn't mean that your pain is not real and needs to be dismissed, forgotten or not talked about. Are rich people not entitled to have feelings?

A lot of people are lucky and they find that special person who helps them heal and who helps them forget about their childhood traumas, I am lucky I did, my husband has helped me so much in this regard and now I am a much stronger version of myself and feel great, he loves me just the same if not more than when he first met me and I was a complete mess. He doesn't resent my confidence, he truly has shown me that love can be real and has allowed me to love him with all my heart because I know I won't be hurt.

If my husband would have used the terms damaged, unlovable, that my daughter would grow up to hate me, that I will end up like my screwed up mother, and many of the other nasty things that Jason told Bethenny , I am sure we would not be together or maybe we would and I would allow the emotional beat down just because I didn't think I deserve better. I am glad that for her own sanity Bethenny decided to divorce him. There is no way that a person who loves you willingly inflicts that kind of pain and uses your past traumas to win an argument. No way, no excuses.

I've gone back and forth on responding to this.  First of all, I'm very happy that you have found someone who has helped you get through your pain.  I can't even imagine what many people have gone through in their lives and how they have managed to find happiness.  They are incredible and I give them so much admiration.

My response was not generalities.  It was about Beth.  I was not dismissing her pain.  I was addressing what I've seen regarding about Beth and her handling of her particular circumstances.  For me, I see Beth using her childhood as a crutch.  Every situation is different.  You're different from Beth.  Your circumstances are different from Jason and Beth's.  Maybe you can't understand what Jason said to Beth but you're not Beth.  It's not just about what Jason has said.  It's also about what she has said.

And I'm not saying that because Beth is rich then those feelings aren't justified.  She has has so much more including a healthy child, her own health, a successful career....  She has a lot to be happy about.  And happiness is not just about having a man who loves you.

In any event, I'm glad you seem to have found happiness in your own life. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I think the problem is that the trust no longer exists and there's some suggestion that Bethenny purchased the apartment with her own funds.

If she did - and I grant the possibility this isn't true lest anyone want to complain about it - then the apartment belongs solely to Bethenny and not to the now nonexistent trust. If the apartment belongs solely to Bethenny then Jason has no claim and can be forced out.

Obviously unless Jason and Bethenny decide to drop it for the sake of their mutual child, this will go one

The thing is that under law, that is not necessarily true.  If you're married and you purchase property with your own money, it doesn't automatically mean that the property is yours.  It can be a marital asset.  Unless, it's specifically stated in a prenup.

Marriage is a serious contract.  Here's a link that details marital property in NY.  It states like many other sites:

Only marital property is divided by the court. Each spouse gets to keep his or her own separate property.

Marital property includes all property acquired by either or both parties during the marriage, regardless of the form in which title is held, subject to the exceptions below. Each spouse's income during marriage, the property purchased with that income, the property they purchased while married (such as a house or car), the retirement benefits each spouse earned during marriage, and the appreciation of all this property while the couple was married, is all considered marital property.

It's all about what is stated in the prenup.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/new_york/nyfaq04

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4

Oh, I don't know .... maybe appearing on Bravo, starring on the Real Housewives of New York?  Going on without him just the same way she did before she ever met him? 

Sorry, but I see Jason as nothing more than a peripheral character when it comes to Bethenny's success on reality shows.  She was a hit before him and she is still a hit now that he is gone.  He deserves absolutely zero credit for her success on TV in my opinion.

Bethenny got her 2 spin off shows because of 1, getting pregnant, getting married then 2, their married life after and raising Bryn. So yes, Jason was integral to Bethenny getting her spin offs, I highly doubt that she would have gotten them otherwise.

No one here knows for sure if Jason contributed to the purchase of the apartment or not, we are not privy to that information, not do we know what is in their prenup.

• Love 7
(edited)

Actually, we don't know what Jason is entitled to.  We don't what agreement Beth and Jason made when they bought the condo.

We also don't know what was in the prenup.  Just because they had a prenup doesn't mean that Jason isn't entitled to a share of marital assets.  This has to be addressed in the prenup.  We don't know.

We really don't much of anything regarding their marriage agreement or what is going on in the divorce.  Most of the information that posters are stating here as fact are from articles from online tabloids with anonymous sources or radaronline 'reporters' selectively giving information from selective documents.  Documents that are confidential and not open to public record.  Hm, gotta wonder  who is leaking these 'selective' documents.  Are some of these things being reported true?  Probably but it doesn't tell the whole story.

I think most people posting have acknowledged the fact that much of what is being discussed is based on reports from gossip rags of questionable veracity. It just gets old to keep posting caveats over and over mentioning that fact. 

It's all just people's opinions and speculation based on what is being put out there.  I don't see the harm in it.  And it cuts both ways - it not just Jason being speculated about.  People are speculating about Bethenny just as much based on similar media stories.  I don't see the harm in that either. 

The loan was not in Beth's name.  It was in the trust's name.  That's public record and anyone can look that up.  The condo was not Skinny Girl property because it was purchased by the trust, not Skinny Girl.

The trust was not formed 'after' the purchase.  It was the trust was the purchaser.  Again, public record.  Anyone can look this up on NYC property records.

There is nothing that backs up that because he was the trustee, he was therefore allowed to live in the apartment.

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about above.

The post of mine quoted out of context above was an attempt to answer a question a poster asked based on what was in the Radar Online story I linked, which was rather poorly written and confusing. The information I stated obviously came from the story .. the entire context of the conversation clearly shows that.  I never asserted any of what ROL said was accurate. I really don't think I could have made it clearer that I didn't know the answers personally, or for sure - I would think that using phrases like "I don't know for sure" and "what appears to be" as well as acknowledging I had not researched New York Law and had never seen their pre-nup would have made that abundantly clear.   But I guess not clear enough for some people, lol.  

In several other posts I and other posters have made, we questioned how the trustee situation could be as ROL described because it seems unlikely and several of us have stated other reservations about the veracity of ROL and their ability to understand legally complex issues.   No one is swearing any of these stories being put out there are the gospel, or claiming they have the market cornered on the truth.  

But thanks for looking that stuff up.  You should forward your research to Radar Online.  They can use all the help they can get! 

Bethenny got her 2 spin off shows because of 1, getting pregnant, getting married then 2, their married life after and raising Bryn. So yes, Jason was integral to Bethenny getting her spin offs, I highly doubt that she would have gotten them otherwise.

Wasn't Bethenny's spinoff already in the works, pre-Jason?   It was supposed to be about her single dating life, I believe. But Bravo re-worked it when she got preggers.  

ETA: 

If she did - and I grant the possibility this isn't true lest anyone want to complain about it - then the apartment belongs solely to Bethenny and not to the now nonexistent trust.

oh, lord are we going to be expected to say that in every post now, lol?!?!

• Love 2

Wasn't Bethenny's spinoff already in the works, pre-Jason?   It was supposed to be about her single dating life, I believe. But Bravo re-worked it when she got preggers.  

As far as I know, the "dating" show was just a rumor, much like the same rumor about Brandi (BH). Didn't Bethenny only date 1 or 2 other guys on the show before Jason? I remember the first guy, he was filmed having dinner at her apartment a few times and she talked about wanting to move in with him but he wanted no part in that.

• Love 2

OMG, are you for real?

Could you please post the text of the link? my computer doesn't like ROL at all and I am dying to read about this , I knew Jason was a manipulative POS but this seals the deal, he is a scheaming, conniving, good for nothing. His mother was on the scheme? what ? Mrs. Carole , the sweet lady who we all saw was so pristine? lying to give her son the heads up in case some divorce came up in the future? Nah... sure there is a mistake somewhere, people who look like Jason and Carole could never lie, never... (dripping sarcasm)

Here you go, the whole text of the article

http://allthingsrh.com/bethenny-tricked-signing-papers-allowed-jason-live-apartment/

“It is also undisputed that neither [bethenny], [Jason], nor the trustee was ever present in the office” of the attorney who allegedly witnessed their signatures on the trust agreement, according to the documents, and none of them had ever met him before the agreement was signed either. Other documents signed by Frankel and Hoppy as part of the purchase are “unenforceable and invalid,” the papers claim, and Hoppy’s own mother is to blame.

Jason’s mom is a notary in Pennsylvania, and her stamp and signature appear on some of the signing documents. However, the documents state “that she is a ‘notary public in and for the State of New York,’” which is not true. Frankel “claims, and [Hoppy] does not deny, that neither party” ever went to Pennsylvania to sign the forms.

So Frankel “questions whether the signature purporting to be hers … is in fact hers at all, [a claim which] Jason does not deny…”

The purchase of the apartment was funded by a loan in the amount of $2,300,000 and by approximately $2,700,000 from an account in Frankel’s name. Frankel claims that she took out the loan. On November 28th, 2011, Hoppy was appointed sole successor trustee of the trust — for privacy reasons, Frankel says she believed. Now that they’ve split, however, that means he gets to stay there.

Bethenny insisted in court papers that Jason “duped her into executing the trust agreement, in order to make the apartment joint property under the prenuptial.” She “alleges that the apartment was purchased with her separate property, and seeks an award of the apartment to her on that basis.”

On May 4th, the judge ruled that “it is undisputed that the signatures of the parties … were not acknowledged in the presence of the person claiming to have acknowledged those signatures. It is also undisputed that the power of attorneys were not even signed in the state where the notary public was credentialed, Pennsylvania.”

“Contrary to [Jason’s] argument,” the judge said, “the trust agreement is a matrimonial agreement, since it was made between spouses and purports to govern property ownership as between them. Accordingly the trust agreement is subject to strict formality requirements.”

“Where no valid trust was created by reason of failure to comply with the formalities … any transfer into or out of the putative trust is null and void. Accordingly the transfer of the apartment into the trust was null and void.”

“The deed must be reformed in order to reflect the proper identity of the purchase, since the trust never existed, and cannot therefore have taken title to the apartment.”

ROL is a gossip rag but the parts in quotes seem to come direclty from the judge ruling, as dumb as they are I seriously doubt that they would just go ahead and make up a ruling, especially one that could in any way or form highlight Jason's sahdy nature, ROL has been since the very beginning one of the rags that has been on Jason's (team) speed dial, every article designed to slam her, just few weeks later they had an article stating that Bethenny was refusing to sign the divorce papers and now we find out why, it was because part of the divorce settlement would had given Jason the apartment. If ROL was going to make up something IMBO it would had been against Bethenny.  

Wasn't Bethenny's spinoff already in the works, pre-Jason?   It was supposed to be about her single dating life, I believe. But Bravo re-worked it when she got preggers.

Yeah - the first spin off was being worked on at the start of season three of RHONY because that was what had Jill in such a tizzy. That exploded, and Bethenny got pregnant/serious with Jason.

I completely agree that none of us know what was agreed to in the pre-nup. However - that Jason is trying to get more than what he agreed to in the pre-nup seems to be a fair statement, I mean, if he was happy with what he was getting, why would they be going to court over it?

• Love 3
(edited)

Bethenny got her 2 spin off shows because of 1, getting pregnant, getting married then 2, their married life after and raising Bryn. So yes, Jason was integral to Bethenny getting her spin offs, I highly doubt that she would have gotten them otherwise.

No one here knows for sure if Jason contributed to the purchase of the apartment or not, we are not privy to that information, not do we know what is in their prenup.

Bethenny already had the spin off show before Jason. It (spin off) was the reason Jill went off the rails and tried to get everyone to "freeze out" Bethenny. It was B's Skinny Girl partner that insisted on the pre-nup to protect the Jim Beam sale assets. Good thing huh? Cuz Jason showed his true colors.

As far as I know, the "dating" show was just a rumor, much like the same rumor about Brandi (BH). Didn't Bethenny only date 1 or 2 other guys on the show before Jason? I remember the first guy, he was filmed having dinner at her apartment a few times and she talked about wanting to move in with him but he wanted no part in that.

Obviously we have no idea how successful B's spin off would have been if she hadn't gotten pregnant and married. But it was Bethenny that Bravo signed not Jason. He was just along for the ride.

ETA: I see Zoloft Bob and I were sharing the same brain :-)

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 3

Bethenny was offered her spin off show right after the airing of the season 2 reunion back in April 2009, that was the whole reason of her fall out with Jill , up to that point Jill had been trying to pitch a spin off show with both of them and it got rejected.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/bethenny-frankel-fat-lawsuit-deal-skinny-show-article-1.396047

Furthermore, at the time of this article (07-09-2009) Bethenny and Jason were not dating exclusively, Bethenny's show was not about a dating show either, it was going to be about a single girl in NYC and of course highlight her business ventures as Bethenny has always been very clear that the show first and only purpose for her was to use it as platform for her products. Bethenny got the spin off show before anybody knew or heard about Jason Hoppy. During the press releases in September it still wasn't clear where Bethenny show was going even though they were getting ready to start filming, when her engagement happened is when they had to change the whole format of the show but the show was going to happen with or without Jason.

Bethenny and her beam deal was going to happen even if Bethenny and Jason never met, Bethenny had been working for the whole year 2008 into trying to strike a partnership with David Kanbar, she had heard a lot about him and knew he was the guy who could take her to then next level, matter of fact the whole reason why she was sued by her former agency for 100M was only due to the fact that this agency claimed that they are the ones who introduce Bethennhy to Kanbar and being how fuindamental he was in the beam sale, they believe that they were entitled to part of the deal. The lawsuit documents can be found online. Bethenny finally stroke that partnership with Kanbar in October 2008 , before she met Jason , all Bethenny needed was the exposure to make the cocktail even more marketable. Bethenny was going to have that exposure even if she never met Jason, she was signed for a third season of RHNY and she also had been signed to do her own spin off show, she was going to have double exposure even if she never crossed eyes with Jason. She didn't need Jason for anything.

Did she needed Jason to be more likeable? I don't think so. Bethenny was one of the favorite Bravo HW at the end of season 3 of RHNY, her big fall out with Jill and the death of her father , scary island were going to happend whether Jason was part of her life or not, so technically she was going to have this beam sale happen even if Jason was not there. Contrary to popular belief Jason never quit his job to work for her and he was not part of the negotiating team for this deal , his name is not mentioned at all in the deal

http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=1202487549110/Bethenny-Frankel-Taps-Sheppard-Mullin-for-Skinnygirl-Sale

Whatever the issue at hand , the fact is that Jason signed a prenup that protected any past, present and future money made from the sale, this can also be found online, Bethenny however in another one of her incredible stupid decisions modified her prenup (because Jason whinned that he felt unprotected) to give him a nice settlement in case of divorce (little did she know that he was already preparing himself to get as much money as possible from her). Bethenny and Jason spoke about the modification of her prenup on one of the first episodes of her second season of BEA.

Bethenny might be a smart business woman but she was an utter fool when it came to Jason Hoppy, she should have listen  to her gut instincts and realize this guy was taking her for a ride, she was dumb enough to modify the prenup to give him piece of mind and maybe she thought that with that if they ever divorce it would be peaceful, how wrong she was. I don't think that Bethenny ever anticipated that Jason would be so invested in getting her money but I think that now her eyes are open. It must be terribly sad for her to realize that her relationship with Jason was a lie since the very beginning and that his real agenda in now shining clearly  Jason played her like a fiddle and I hate to see him being rewarded for that so it is my hope that Bethenny sticks to her guns and gives him only what the law entitles him too. After all Bethenny is not only protecting her assets, everything that Bethenny has will eventually be Bryns' so she is protecting Bryn's assets as well.

• Love 4

Yeah - the first spin off was being worked on at the start of season three of RHONY because that was what had Jill in such a tizzy. That exploded, and Bethenny got pregnant/serious with Jason.

I completely agree that none of us know what was agreed to in the pre-nup. However - that Jason is trying to get more than what he agreed to in the pre-nup seems to be a fair statement, I mean, if he was happy with what he was getting, why would they be going to court over it?

I had not heard of the spin off but it makes sense that is what set JillZ off. I stand corrected.

Yes, Jason is asking more than the prenup allowed it seems but he also worked for Bethenny after signing the prenup, he was not when it was written or signed, which could change everything about the prenup.

• Love 1

Some of these posts have gotten a little snippy. 

In the words of my squirrelfriend, Willam: 

tumblr_lzi59uynTl1qgf5wso5_400.gif

Tone is everything on the internet. If people are responding to your posts in a way that you didn't intend...it's probably because of your tone. Less accusatory/inflammatory language, more "stating the facts." Even if the "facts" we have are from Radar Online. K? 

• Love 7

Actually, we don't know if Jason is asking more than what is in the prenup because we don't know what's in the prenup.  If there is no mention of purchase of properties after they're married, then he's entitled to half of the condo because it's a marital asset under NY law.  It doesn't matter if the downpayment or mortgage was being paid by Beth. 

I have no doubt that Beth knew they were setting up a trust for the condo.  I also have no doubt that she saw Jason's signature requirements when she signed the papers for the trust (they would be next to where she signed) and therefore knew he was a part of the trust as a beneficiary.  He was not the trustee of the trust when it was formed.  That was another woman whose name I can't remember and was a friend of Beth's (according to another poster here).  And BTW, she was the one who signed all the documents for the purchase and mortgage for the condo.

• Love 3

Actually, we don't know if Jason is asking more than what is in the prenup because we don't know what's in the prenup.

I have no doubt that Beth knew they were setting up a trust for the condo.  I also have no doubt that she saw Jason's signature requirements when she signed the papers for the trust

So we can't assume Jason is asking for more than what he agreed to because none of us have seen the pre-nup and even though the logical conclusion is that if he is in court over it, its because he wants something more than what he is getting.

But people can say they have no doubt they know what Bethenny is thinking? Thats where I am having the disconnect - what Bethenny did and how Bethenny would be as a business woman is tossed around as an absolute - people are stating as fact that Bethenny absolutely knew what she was doing and there's no chance at all she could have made a mistake but to assume that Jason is asking for more than the pre-nup allowes... which is a logical conclusion since he's fighting it - gets slapped with a "you do't know that".

• Love 1

I had not heard of the spin off but it makes sense that is what set JillZ off. I stand corrected.

Yes, Jason is asking more than the prenup allowed it seems but he also worked for Bethenny after signing the prenup, he was not when it was written or signed, which could change everything about the prenup.

Jason has never worked for Bethenny or SkinnyGirl company

Jason made very clear his decision to not work for her because he didn't want to be her employee , Jason said this himself and at the end of their last season they both came to terms with the fact that he wouldn't quit his job even if he complain of how unfulfilling it was. He rejected the two options that Bethenny gave him.

1) Quit his job and become the CEO of all her ventures

2) Take time off from work to find his real passion and once he found it Bethenny would finance his own company so he can feel fulfilled professionally

The whole season was about whether Jason would quit his job to work for her or not and his final decision was not, he never quit his job while they were married. Many reports now say that he has quit his job but if he has done so it is so he probably can claim more money from her; but in reality I think he still works at the same company he has worked for many, many years making about 100K a year.

Leroux posted a link that has the name of Bethenny's team of negotiators for the Beam sale so Jason can't claim that he had a hand on it. He made some research and found out some glitches with the distribution part (IMO that was done just as a story line because there is no way that a guy like Kanbar didn't know where the problems were and how to solve them, he has experience in he spirits industry and connections that Jason never had) but as far as negotiating the deal with Beam , that deal was way above Jason's area of expertise.

Kanbar protected himself when he required that Jason signed a prenup that protected the deal that was already in the makings, maybe he saw the real Jason before we all saw him, maybe he just as a well-seasoned business man knows how complicated things can get when divorce happens, but the prenup protects all the money from the cocktail sale and Jason knew that, that is a reason why he is not contesting the prenup, he is trying to find a way around it and make things so convoluted and complicated to twist Bethenny's arm into a settlement.  

• Love 4

So we can't assume Jason is asking for more than what he agreed to because none of us have seen the pre-nup and even though the logical conclusion is that if he is in court over it, its because he wants something more than what he is getting.

But people can say they have no doubt they know what Bethenny is thinking? Thats where I am having the disconnect - what Bethenny did and how Bethenny would be as a business woman is tossed around as an absolute - people are stating as fact that Bethenny absolutely knew what she was doing and there's no chance at all she could have made a mistake but to assume that Jason is asking for more than the pre-nup allowes... which is a logical conclusion since he's fighting it - gets slapped with a "you do't know that".

Yes on your first paragraph except that if he's in court over it, he wants something more than what he is getting.  I think (and I could be wrong) that the reason they're in court was because Beth wanted to void the trust. Why?  The trust seems (and I can't state this positively) that Jason is a beneficiary of the trust.

The reason I think Beth is playing a bit of a game on the MYC trust is that (I had to go back and look this up) is that Molly Hayden, who apparently was Beth's personal assistant for two years, was appointed the trustee of the trust.  Because of this, I don't think this was something that Jason dreamed up and just said to Beth, "Sign here."  If that were the case, why would Jason have Molly (who works for Beth) be the trustee? 

Here's an article from 2013.  I do disagree with article stating the condo is in Molly's name.  It's not.  It's in MYC's name.

http://www.realitytea.com/2013/03/22/does-bethenny-frankel-own-her-skinnygirl-apartment-outright-plus-jason-hoppy-refuses-to-move-out-until-custody-is-worked-out/

• Love 2
(edited)

So we can't assume Jason is in court over the pre-nup but people can state they know Bethenny absolutely knew what she was signing? Thats what I am having a problem with - if I think Jason is seeking more than the pre-nup gives him, I'm told *I* havent read the pre-nup and none of us know what is being disputed. I have to qualify everything I say with "But I wasn't there". But various people here have stated there is no possibility that Bethenny could have made a mistake, that they are absolutely certain she knew what she was signing - how about some conceding that no one really knows? Or at least providing proof of telepathy?

Eta - If Jason is perfectly happy with his pre-nup agreed settlement, why are they in court at all?

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 2

Eta - If Jason is perfectly happy with his pre-nup agreed settlement, why are they in court at all?

At this point, who the hell knows what either of these two fools are doing! It is like neither 1 can let go/move on. JMO

• Love 2

Well, again obviously I havent read the filings but isn't it logical to assume that if there is a court case and it benefits Bethenny more if Jason abides by the pre-nup that Jason is attempting to skirt the terms of the pre-nup? Or is that a bridge too far?

Bethenny got not one but two shows after RHNY based on her life with Jason. To say he had no part in her success is ridiculous IMO. Where would she be today without him and that part of their lives together. And the only one stating Jason had nothing to do with SG is Bethenny now. If we are to believe what we saw on her shows (chuckle chuckle) Jason was involved in her business quite a bit, so who knows how involved he actually was with the JB deal.

I always assumed that Jason get paid by Bravo in his own right for both the shows. Did he not?

Why is this divorce taking so long?

Plain and simple because Jason hired a financial auditor/accountant to trace every single penny of her money that is not part of the cocktail line, this could take years because Bethenny has different ventures and diffierent partners for each venture, Jason and his lawyers know that all other Bethenny's ventures are nowhere close to the amount of money that SGC made so IMO the reason for the financial auditor was to twist Bethenny's arm into settling this quickly and giving Jason all he wanted to protect her public image.

http://www.realitytea.com/2013/01/24/jason-hoppy-responds-to-bethenny-frankels-divorce-filing-seeking-primary-custody-and-child-support/

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/exclusive-bethenny-frankel-shares-home-with-ex-in-laws-during-nasty-divorce-32224