Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Viper

Trini
  • Start Topic

I wonder if they felt they were under Falcone's protection, since there was apparently some sort of relationship between them.  Which, of course, goes back to your point about what the Waynes were aware of.

That is an excellent point/question.  I had assumed that maybe the Wayne's had some limited knowledge that there was some bad stuff going on, but its interesting to think that they may have had a relationship with Falcone to the point of feeling protected by him, and then were shocked to find out that they weren't.  Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

Ok so again...if WellZyn could make it's own decisions and such away from Wayne Enterprises...why does everyone assume that it's Wayne Enterprises that killed the Waynes rather than WellZyn since they wanted to continue making Viper?

No, it's open casting news (in other words not a spoiler) that Harvey Dent has been cast, but that's he's playing an up and coming young DA.  So he can't also be Bruce Wayne's legal representation.

I suppose it's inevitable, but I really dislike the notion that future Two-Face is at a minimum 10 years older than Batman. If Bruce is 12, and Harvey is a young DA, he would have had to graduate college and law school. That would probably put him at 24.

Ok so again...if WellZyn could make it's own decisions and such away from Wayne Enterprises...why does everyone assume that ....

Everyone does not assume that. Are you talking about the posters on this forum, or the characters on the show?

Everyone does not assume that. Are you talking about the posters on this forum, or the characters on the show?

I have seen other websites that gave their reviews all say it was Wayne Enterprises. Not necessarily people on this forum.

I did like the new mob boss (although I'm never going to remember which is Falcone and which is Maroni and given the multicultural nature of the Falcone mob, somewhat surprising they didn't go with a different ethnicity) who was the right mixture of affable and ruthless to make it to the top in mob politics*. Poor Jim Gordon getting stuck in the middle of a gang war when all he wants to do is make an honest living. On the other hand, it was hard to believe Falcone wouldn't be instantly suspicious of somebody who just happened to be listening to his mother's favourite opera aria, particularly when he seemed pretty on top of things in the mob meet at the beginning.

Viper was a nice change for a comic book drug - not many drugs grant you super powers with side effects (although

given it's the prototype of Venom, that isn't surprising

). And I loved the initial homeless man's honest sign "Why lie - I need money for drugs!" And since he got some, obviously honesty is the best policy!

loki567 That [corruption within Wayne Industries] would be an interesting twist I don't think we've ever gotten from a Batman story.

Well, Batman Begins had that as a B story.

thuganomics85 Hey, Margaret Colin! No matter what, I still remember you as Constance Spano from Independence Day!

Thank you! I knew I'd seen her somewhere!

* Obviously this statement is based on my many years as a mobster!

Edited by John Potts

On the other hand, it was hard to believe Falcone wouldn't be instantly suspicious of somebody who just happened to be listening to his mother's favourite opera aria, particularly when he seemed pretty on top of things in the mob meet at the beginning.

I see it as more of Falcone knowing something is up but deciding to play dumb until Fish is deep enough into the plot that she can't claim plausible deniablity that she wasn't trying to unseat him. If Falcone brushed her off then and confronted Fish afterward, he would have had no proof that Fish was trying something, since Fish could reasonably claim she was just a girl who happened to like that aria. Once Falcone takes her in and then see her try to take something from him, Fish would have no recourse.

I did like the new mob boss (although I'm never going to remember which is Falcone and which is Maroni and given the multicultural nature of the Falcone mob, somewhat surprising they didn't go with a different ethnicity) who was the right mixture of affable and ruthless to make it to the top in mob politics*.

Falcone is sharp like a falcon; Maroni's a moron.  :)

And I loved the initial homeless man's honest sign "Why lie - I need money for drugs!" And since he got some, obviously honesty is the best policy!

My brother went to college in NYC, starting in the late 80's.  At the time, people would come onto subway cars, and once the doors would close and they had a captive audience they would bring out a very long string of decidedly multiethnic photos and say "These are my 15 kids I'm trying to provide for, please help me out!"  One day, a guy came on and said, "I'm not going to lie to you, I don't have a wife, I don't have any kids.  I also don't have any money, and I'd like some of yours!"  The whole car cheered and he probably made out better than all the other solicitors that day.

• Love 1