Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Black Budget

• Start Topic

Another good episode.  I suspected the guy at first and then as time went on I didn't.  Nice swerve there NCIS.

I am still wondering how the people shooting at Sam and Callan have terrible aim.  Machine guns and all!!!  Yet our heroes have great aim..even with a 6 gun.  Surprise this is the first time they've ever actually ran out of ammunition!

I am really glad that the bad guys ended up to be imposters and the real elite team showed up with Granger.

Too little Hetty tonight.

I enjoyed it.  Sort of straight-forward NCIS procedural, solve the crime, move on.  I'm not a big fan of the deep, dark conspiracies that go on and on (Port to Port Killer on regular NCIS, for instance), so this was just what I like most.  I was sure it was the dorky accountant at first because of his checking the time so closely, then they managed to throw me off for a while.  But I was certain all the way through that no NCIS show would allow a Delta team to be that entirely corrupt, so no big surprise it was a fake team.  Didn't really miss Kensi and Deeks much at all.  

• Love 2

I liked this episode very much.  There was a good balance of drama, action and humour and I liked that it focused on Sam and Callen who are, to me, the heart of the team.

Even though Granger is not my favourite character, it was good to see him being the hero for a change; and it was very thoughtful of him to leave most of the money for the women.

I am still wondering how the people shooting at Sam and Callan have terrible aim.  Machine guns and all!!!

Not only do the bad guys have bad aim, but the flimsiest looking fence will withstand machine gun fire if our guys are sheltering behind it. 

OT or not:  I've seen only a couple of episodes of Scorpion but I watched last night - what a shock to see Hetty in the weirdest crossover ever.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 3

Not their worst episode but not their best either.

Apparently Hetty made a congressional hearing go away by pulling the fire alarm and jumping out the window. I wonder if we'll hear about it again.

Granger looks like he's been ill, but I'll chalk that up to the stress of dealing with Hetty and trying to reign in Callen last week.

Hetty making the hearing go away because she's Hetty, or something, makes me roll my eyes hardcore but at least I probably won't again have to watch them all be insufferable asses to a bunch of people who theoretically are just trying to do their jobs.

I was in the process of saying to Mr. DVD that I hope Mexico has good homeowners insurance companies because those poor women's house, when the line about the bag with the cash came. Nice gesture. Also, the sounds of Callen's & Sam's guns compared to the bad guys' stuff told it all about how ridiculously overpowered they were and yet they somehow were still alive.

Never quite caught what was going on with the bad guys and the big dude's connection to them but don't really care because it was nice seeing some good Callen/Sam plotline.

Can anyone tell me how it ended? Severe weather conditions took out my TV right after the bad guys announced they'd blown up the cell tower so there'd be no way for our guys to call for help.

With the help of the feisty women, Sam and Callen fought off the bad guys who, coincidentally, were not rogue commandos people but just evil drug dealers.  The accountant who fled to Mexico turned out to be in league with the bag guys, and he had 100 grand with him.

After smiting the bad guys, Granger and the Real commandos of the United States Military  (a reality show in the making?) show up.  

Somehow, only about 8g make it back to the states.  Granger (I seriously hope the actor needs a hamburger and isn't sick), knows that somehow a large chunk of the money (which was only going to be destroyed by the Treasury) was left with the feisty women who helped take out the bad guys, but he mentions that he would have done the same thing.  Granger is a good guy this episode.

Also, everyone agreed that Sam was sexy, and Sam tried to set Callen up with one of the women for a date.  (Callen is single again)!

Hetty light, Deeks/Kensi light.

I am certain other people on the boards here can recap it in more detail, but in a nutshell, that was it.  Sorry about the brevity, but I'm swamped with work right now.

When the cavalry rode in at the end, I was expecting it to be the DEA agents who shook Callen and Sam down after crossing the border having suddenly grown a conscience after hearing of the carnage at the whorehouse and connecting it with the two federal agents they left nearly helpless.  So the Granger reveal took me completely by surprise.

Those Delta team guys need to crossover to Hawaii 5-0.  They'd make SuperSEAL Steve McGarrett's eyes bug out.  Half with admiration, half with indignation.  Danny would giggle helplessly at the "lifeguard" comments.

Did anyone find the standoff at the hacienda reminiscent of that one episode of Firefly?  Or does the Venn Diagram of fandoms only intersect with me?

• Love 2

Those Delta team guys need to crossover to Hawaii 5-0.  They'd make SuperSEAL Steve McGarrett's eyes bug out.  Half with admiration, half with indignation.  Danny would giggle helplessly at the "lifeguard" comments.

Oh how I wish HurricaneVal! 

Actually I wish these 2 shows would just do another crossover. I really want to Steve run into the brick wall that is Hetty and Granger.