Type keyword(s) to search

Best Models in Top. Model. History.

Almost 300 models have participated thus far in America's Next Top Model, and while most of them have absolutely sucked, Tyra has managed on occasion to discover some real gems. They may not have won, but here is a place to discuss their merits and why they should be in the running for Best Ever in Top. Model. History.

My favorite models, per cycle, have included:

Cycle 1: Elyse. She is the reigning Queen of Snark, and would be the top of her season even without her post-show Livejournal amazingness and impressive modelling career. The way she handled Robin was masterful, her confessionals were hilarious, and her Snake and Nude photos remain among the best top model photos of all time. Overall ranking: 2/269.

Cycle 2: April. Every single shot April took was absolutely beautiful. She had composure, personal style, witty intelligence and the presence of a model. Cycle 2 was packed with endearing characters like Mercedes, Shandi and Sara, but April has remained my favorite and, IMO, most deserving of the win. Overall ranking: 14/269.

Cycle 3: Nicole. Cycle 3 was my first, and from the first episode I was immediately obsessed with Nicole's incredible, genuine smile. She was obviously too "normal" for Reality TV, receiving very little airtime, but what we did see was a quirky, intelligent bombshell who describes herself as a "rockstar". Awesome. IMO, her portfolio remains the most consistently awesome in Top Model History with not a single bad photograph to speak of. Overall ranking: 10/269.

Cycle 4: Kahlen. Pre-show I really liked Naima. Throughout the season, my favorite was Michelle. At various points I have loved Brandy, Tiffany and Brittany for their nuttiness. But standing the test of time is Kahlen, with her meek mousiness, tragic circumstances and killer modeling skills. She was so genuinely sweet and likeable and I really wish she had taken the prize. Overall ranking: 24/269.

Cycle 5: Jayla. I am fully prepared to accept my death by firing squad for this choice, but I can't help it. Nik was absolutely stunning, but kind of boring. Lisa was hilarious, but tragic looking. Nicole has loads of potential, but was still a bit green. Coryn has one of my all-time favorite portfolios, but went out too early. I've always been fascinated by Jayla. She was homeschooled and obviously lacking in social skills, and some of her actions were hilariously OTT and ridiculous (her response to being kept up at night? To wear stripper heels on the counter. Her response to somebody being upset with her? To seethe with rage and completely fly off the handle. Hilarious.) Her Whistler's Mother photo is among my all-time favorites, her portfolio is surprisingly consistent, and I find her beautiful, with one of the best makeovers ever on the show. Overall ranking: 25/269.

Cycle 6: Joanie. What I loved so much about Joanie is that she was the viewer incarnate: her look was so plain and ordinary that you almost feel it could be you in her shoes - until you realize that with her huge, haunting blue eyes, golden hair and square jaw, she is actually stunning. She said everything the viewer was thinking, from bashing Jade to questioning how the hell Sara made the Top 4. Her photos were consistently amazing, her performance in the Jared Gold and Church fashion shows still give me chills, and her journey to confidence with having her teeth fixed remains one of the most powerful moments on the show. Overall ranking: 4/269. (For the record, Danielle was barely edged out, coming in at #5).

Cycle 7: Michelle. This was one of the cycles that I was never crazy about, but Michelle had such an omniscent knowledge that the whole thing was ridiculous that I couldn't help but love her for it. Coming out on national television took a lot of courage, and she obviously really cares for her sister. Her photos ranged from strong to incredible, with her Bulimia photo remaining one of the most haunting and disturbingly beautiful photos produced on the show. In my alternate Top Model universe, Michelle and Amanda made the F2 where Michelle proves Tyra's suspicion that she "doesn't want it enough" by conceding the crown to Amanda. Instead we got Caridee and Caridum as finalists. Yawn. Overall ranking: 29/269.

Cycle 8: Jaslene. I'm baaaaaaaaaack! And I'm still spicy! Jaslene was an absolute hoot, from failing the psych exam in Cycle 7 to coming back to win in Cycle 8. I see her get called a "bitch", but what I saw was a razor-sharp focus on her goal that I have seen in few other contestants. She took the crown and ran with it, overcoming her height and proportions to carve out an impressive career and some truly stunning work. "I still walk like this every day, all day" remains a regular part of my daily lexicon. Overall ranking: 7/269.

Cycle 9: Jenah. In one of the most head-scratching, jaw-dropping, WTF-am-I-witnessing moments in Top Model History, Tyra successfully brings the too-cool-for-school tough girl who slayed every single photoshoot to tears, completing her story arc into a rounded human being at touch with her mother issues, all thanks to Tyra... only to be eliminated? For her stunning Covergirl photo? Over Tootie from Facts of Life, no less? Jenah was an incredible model, and her refusal to "spew rainbows incessantly" has forever earned her a spot in the Top Model Hall of Awesomeness. Overall ranking: 11/269.

Cycle 10: Fatima. Let's just put it out there - Fatima was extremely passive aggressive, and I loved it. Her slick responses to getting screamed at - from "sweetheart, you are not even worth it" to "so, can I call you bitch?" - were absolutely genius, and managed to enrage her opponents into an animal frenzy, all the while looking on beautifully with her satisfied, shit-eating grin. It was a pleasure to watch. But underneath it all was her troubling and inspiring story of FGM and with it came a side of her that was impossible not to be moved by. Her post-show career is one of the most well-rounded and impressive (one of her recent ads remained my iPhone wallpaper for an entire year), and she is without question one of the most stunning girls to ever appear on the show. Overall ranking: 6/269. (Honorable mention to the ever-adorable Anya coming in at #12).

Cycle 11: Analeigh. She was adorable, drama-free, quirky, and beautiful. Her friendship with Marjorie, predicated not on mean-girl pack-mentality but on mutual intelligence and respect, was a joy to watch, and Analeigh navigated one of the most drama-filled seasons with ease and grace. Her knack for modelling hit its stride a few weeks in, resulting in some stunning photos and an impressive runway walk, culminating in one of the two best commercials ever done on the show (rivalled only by Nicole Fox) which she parleyed into a Hollywood acting career. Very nicely done, indeed. Overall ranking: 21/269.

Cycle 12: Allison. She was simultaneously adorable and disturbing, hilarious and serious, talented yet completely out of her element, resulting in one of the most endearing and intriguing reality TV personas ever. She has by far the most interesting look to ever appear on the show, and her slew of fashion-ready photos and jaw-droppingly improved runway walk, IMO, should have snatched an easy win. Although it was not to be, at least she gets the distinction of my favorite contestant of all time. A big deal, no? Overall ranking: 1/269.

Cycle 13: Brittany. Cycle 13 was announced as the "short girl season" dismaying fans everywhere. I was terrified it was an excuse to bring on a pack of Flavor-of-Love caliber girls who would bring the drama and little else. I was pleasantly surprised when Tyra used the opportunity to find a cast of girls with some of the best faces the show had seen, but needed the exposure the show could offer to overcome their height. One of them for me was Brittany, who had so much high-quality pre-show work that modeling was obviously her passion. I loved every photo she produced on the show (even her Look Tall photo that landed her B2, and especially her Native/Indian photo that got her eliminated), she had by far the best runway walk on the show, and I absolutely loved her math nerd personality. She seemed reserved but not shy and extremely intelligent. Her post-show career has been impressive, and her photographic work equally impressive. Overall ranking: 8/269. (Honorable mentions to Erin and Nicole at 13 and 16 respectively).

Cycle 14: Tatianna. Cycle 14 was terrible. In fact, it was completely unwatchable,and I have yet to see any episodes after Tatianna's elimination. But I have read recaps, and I am fully aware that all of the girls continuing on in the hopes of becoming America's Next Top Model were just as annoying and horrible as they were before her elimination. Was Tatianna really that great to warrant quitting the show? No, but she was sweet, quirky and confident, and produced a series of stunning photographs, whether she "lucked into them" or not, which is more than I can say for the rest of this pathetic pack. Overall ranking: 60/269.

Cycle 15: Chelsey. Thankfully the worst Cycle in the show's history was promptly followed up by the absolute best. Case and point: Chelsey only applied to compete because the prize package and proposed changes to the show were almost too good to be true. Chelsey was a true professional, who approached the entire competition like a job interview. She was extremely knowledgable about the industry, produced stellar photo after stellar photo (including, IMO, the best Covergirl photo ever produced on the show), and boasts one of the best runway walks to date. I love her gap and freckles, and think she is absolutely stunning. Her ability to provide eloquent, succinct and interesting THs quickly made her the narrator of the season, which will have to do since nobody was ever going to topple Ann-of-Five-best-photos. Ah well. Overall ranking: 3/269.

Cycle 16: Hannah. This was another season I wasn't crazy about, since all of the girls seemed kind of mean or crazy, despite having the best crop photoshoots the show's ever had. Hannah was the exception, and despite her frequent tears managed to come across level-headed and likeable. She had some great moments on the show including her Bee shoot and Jaguar shoot, and although Brittani fully earned her win, would have been a great alternative. Overall ranking: 61/269.

Cycle 18: Louise. Yes, she swore at the judges, sucked on her fingers like a small child, and stormed out on production like a madwoman. But she also threatened to "knock out" Kelly Cutrone, and carries with her a lot of goodwill from her season of BNTM where she was easily the best of the lot. Her time on ANTM was short, but her struggle with self confidence juxtaposed with her headstrong aggressiveness makes her incredibly endearing, and I'll never forget her sheer joy at completing her finale runway show in her season. So crazy though she may be, she will always have a special place in my heart. Overall ranking: 64/269.

Cycle 19: Leila. Unfairly bulled by Laura and Kristin, unfairly eliminated for a solid photograph, and fairly brought back into the competition for her stellar body of work, Leila took it all in stride and was a class-act from start to finish. Her look and modelling talent were noteworthy, and IMO deserved the win without question. Overall ranking: 54/269.

Cycle 20: Renee. Top Model hit a real dryspell in terms of casting, with nobody from Cycles 16, 18 or 19 really hitting that balance of entertaining, normal and talented. But Tyra finally delivered with Renee, who IMO was the unqualified star of Cycle 20, involved in two of the show's most fascinating relationships. Obviously the first was Marvin, where her disbelieving reactions to this unexpected showmance were extremely endearing, to the point where even a showmance nicknamed "Marnee" didn't turn my stomach. The second was her frenemy relationship with Jourdan, which IMO is easily the most fascinating and well-edited storylines the show has ever seen. At various points they seemed to legitimately like or despise one another, consistently laced together by a competitiveness and knowledge that they are one another's biggest competition. Renee's photos weren't as strong as Jourdan's, but in person she was an absolute knock-out, and her runway walk and ease on camera earned her multiple challenge wins. Tyra missed a real opportunity by not having them face off in the finale, but c'est la vie. Overall ranking: 9/269.

Cycle 21: Will. Pending not turning into an asshole, I am loving Will this season. He obviously has a flair for the dramatics, but does so without coming across annoying (see: Cory), and has produced some killer photos. His look is incredible and it's nice to see somebody with his past on the show and handling adversity with such strength. He could easily be toppled by Shei for my favorite in the coming weeks, but only time will tell! Tentative Overall ranking: 17/269.

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 3

What a great thread, Oholibamah!

I agree with many of your choices, though I have a few additions myself:

Cycle 4

Brittany is my choice for this cycle. While I thought that many eliminations over the course of the series were ridiculously asinine, I think that this one takes the cake, as I secretly think it was done primarily to piss off Janice. Starting with the Zodiac shoot, she consistently took great photos, was tall, had a decent enough runway walk (if memory serves me correctly), and was entertaining both in panel and in confessionals. It's a shame that she seems to have gotten a fair amount of plastic surgery after the show, as I thought that she had such potential.

Cycle 9

I would add Lisa as an honorable mention for getting robbed this cycle. She has had a successful post-show career, but even on the show, she seemed to be one of the most consistent and well-rounded models that I can recall.

Cycle 10

While I think that Anya is a better model, Katarzyna was treated so shabbily that season that I had to give her a nod. She had one of the best walks in the show's history, which I feel is often forgotten about. Her Eastern European features are also to die for.

Were you not a fan of Jaclyn from C16? I would lump her in the "grounded and a good model" category as well.

My list:

C1 - I agree w/u abt Elyse. Smart, gorgeous, photogenic. And that snake picture was - and still is - amazing.

C2 - never saw yet.

C3 - I adored Amanda. Her Cover girl photo is one of my favorite all time. But I agree w/Eva as the winner, and I hope Toccarra took her cover of Italian Vogue and smacked Janet upside the head.

C4 - One of the weakest and the worst winner. I really liked no one.

C5 - Nik. She has an unusual look. Very exotic. I liked Jayla until I read that SHE was the one who took Bri's granola & threw Nicole under the bus by not owning up to it.

C6 - Best top 5 (6) ever. Best top two. I can't pick between Danielle or Joanie. Joanie's elephant picture is one of my favorites.

C7 - Yawner. Michelle had all the potential, But she can't be forced into wanting it. If we could just eliminate Anchal & "I MISS MY HAIR" Jaeda, I could live w/this cycle.

C8 - Definitely Jaslene.

C9 - 2nd worst cycle. 2nd worst winner. But I loved Heather. She had tremendous natural ability. . Too bad she couldn't speak in public.

C10 -The tall gawky, scruffy one. Can't remember her name, but again, huge ability. Fatima is my close 2nd.

C11 - Marjorie. So much potential, and Tyra threw it away. Her award picture is one of my favorites.

C12 - Alison. No question. But I do think Teyona was probably the right win this cycle.

C13 - Nicole. Right ftom the get go, she was a Model w/a capital M. H 2 T. (With some extra love for Laura & her Grandma.)

C14 - God what a horrible season & old- but talented - winner.

C15 - Chelsey. Great winner, great season.

C16 - huh? I completely forgot abt this one. . I guess Britanni.

C17 - The All Star Cycle. Really Tyra?! This was YOUR worst moment. That stupid Pot Ledom - esp in Allison's song. And then the worst moment in ANTM history (worse than that fake fight w/Tiffany, crowning Naima, Saleisha, or Whitney): crowning that low rent, ghetto, uncontrollable, HOOKER then having to re-shoot & to award crazy, hard OLD Lisa over Allison!?

I stopped watching.

Edited by roamyn

Cycles 1-3 are such ancient history in my mind that I no longer feel like anything that happened during them can be questioned.

4:  It's pretty hard to pick a favorite, since they're all flawed in their own way. I guess Kahlen.

5:  I love Nik and Nicole both. I would take either. I think Nik earned it more, but Nicole has had a much stronger post-show modeling career.

6:  Danielle.

7:  Eugena. While I understand that she sucked too much in the beginning to make up for it in time, I found her hilarious, entertaining, and gorgeous. Where the two dinosaurs who beat her were either maniacally self-possessed or obnoxiously unhinged, Eugena was reserved but willing to give whatever was asked of her. Where pretty much everyone else in the cycle was a simpering pool of self-doubt, and embarrassment, Eugena was confident without ever seeming cocky. I really loved this girl, and her post-show career speaks for itself

8:  Jaslene. She earned it and really was far above the others in this cycle. While possibly just as flawed as her competitors, Jaslene knew how to hide her flaws, or use them to her advantage.

9:  Jenah. Or Heather. Or Lisa. Or Bianca. Or Chantal. Or Ebony. Or Sarah. I honestly loved so many of the contestants this cycle, and not just to replace Saleisha would I have been happy if any of them had won (on first viewing, I didn't like Chantal or Bianca, but having rewatched it, with knowledge of their post-show fierceness, I like them both).

10:  Fatima, although there was loads of potential this cycle, too.

11:  Analeigh. I don't think McKey was a bad choice, and I get that Cover Girl preferred to have the face, but I think the gracious, personable, cute Analeigh was as close to the full package as they had this cycle.

12:  Allison is my favorite (ever!), but I think Teyona was the right winner. Allison would have been miserable trying to sell wetslicks.

13:  It's a tough call for me between Erin and Nicole. I think Nicole killed the competition, and was incredibly consistent (the only time they dinged her was on a photo in which they chose the best shot of the other people in the picture). But Erin had some of my favorite pictures ever from the show. If she were model height, she would have a chance at being one of my top 5 from this show. It was also the closest we'd come since Jade to having a villain who was a hilarious buffoon, rather than just evil.

14:  Early on, Gabrielle was my favorite. Then after she left, Simone. So a third of the way into this cycle, I was just in it to watch young women tear each other apart. Honestly, I'm just glad bRENda didn't win. Those two are among my least favorite TV characters ever.

15:  I guess Jane, although I didn't feel a strong connection to any of these contestants, either. Like 14, the most satisfying thing was seeing an incredibly annoying person (Liz) not win.

16:  I thought she should have been sent home for unprofessionalism. I hated her. But week after week, I had to begrudgingly admit that Britani was a killer model, and I agree that she deserved to win, although I really liked everyone in the top 9 other than Alexandria.

18, 19:  who cares?

20:  I'm a sucker for the weird ones. I liked Nina.

21:  In photos alone, I think Lenox is running away with this thing. I hope for the show's sake they eliminate her soon, because she still has some amazing photos coming up, and they wouldn't want her to interfere with the Chosen One.

My list:

C1: Elyse

C2: I think Yoanna was the right pick.

C3: Tocarra should have been first plus-size winner.

C4: Tiffany who had beer poured on her weave and was given a verbal smackdown by Tyra

C5: Nik was gorgeous, a modelesque Beyonce

C6: Jade the undiscovered supermodel, leftover lady and biracial butterfly

C7: Double win for the twins Amanda and Michelle

C8: Natasha the Russian mail-order bride pre-plastic surgery

C9: Heather the awkward girl with aespergers syndrome

C10: Fatima

C11: McKey the joker face.

C12: Big eyed anime princess Allison

C13: redhead Nicole was the right choice

C14: Raina with the thick bushy eyebrows and boxy torso

C15: Awkward Ann is the right choice

C16: Molly before her awful haircut

C17: Allison should have won all-stars

C18: Sophie was the right choice. Maybe Azmarie if they were to pick an American winner

C19: Leila

C20: Sadly, I have to agree Jourdan was the best and only choice

C21: Will the 6 feet 5 inch gay male amazon in 6 inch patent leather heels

My list:

C3: Tocarra should have been first plus-size winner.

C4: Tiffany who had beer poured on her weave and was given a verbal smackdown by Tyra

C6: Jade the undiscovered supermodel, leftover lady and biracial butterfly.

C12: Big eyed anime princess Allison

C17: Allison should have won

Agree on Toccarra. At least she's proven herself over Whitney, off show.

I firmly believe that the "smack down" to Tiffany was set-up to shake the girls up, because they ALL had a terrible picture that shoot.

And I hope you were kidding abt Jade. While she took some undeniably beautiful pictures (red riding hood, swim suit), she SWORE on the first commercial, made up excuse aft excuse, and refused to follow direction. WHAT ? WHAT ? WHAT ?

regarding Alison, if she had won C12, then she wouldn't have been back for All Stars. And 2 seasons of Alison is what we all neef in life to give us fulfilment. Besides, Teyona's done very well.

Edited, because T eyona is not a Toyota, spellchecker.

Edited by roamyn

Alas, if anyone *named* Toyota were ever to become a hamster, she would immediately become my favorite.

I'm still waiting for a hamster named Suzuki Washi-Tashi.

7:  Eugena. While I understand that she sucked too much in the beginning to make up for it in time, I found her hilarious, entertaining, and gorgeous. Where the two dinosaurs who beat her were either maniacally self-possessed or obnoxiously unhinged, Eugena was reserved but willing to give whatever was asked of her. Where pretty much everyone else in the cycle was a simpering pool of self-doubt, and embarrassment, Eugena was confident without ever seeming cocky. I really loved this girl, and her post-show career speaks for itself

14:  Early on, Gabrielle was my favorite. Then after she left, Simone. So a third of the way into this cycle, I was just in it to watch young women tear each other apart. Honestly, I'm just glad bRENda didn't win. Those two are among my least favorite TV characters ever.

Huge thumbs up on Eugena. She ranks very favorably on my overall list. Michelle edges her out slightly in the photograph department (although Eugena's Matador and Halloween photos are two of my favorites from the Cycle) to claim the top spot, but I loved Eugena's wittiness. If the twins were not in the cards, she would have been a more satisfying alternative than what we ended up with.

Your run-down of Cycle 14 outlines exactly what contributed to my ennui and eventual dismissal of the season. Week after week the most beautiful girls were being sent home left, right and center, starting with Gabrielle and ending with Tatianna, with Simone inbetween. Even obnoxious Ren deserved a few more weeks for her Nude shot alone, especially over the likes of Angelea, Alasia, Brenda and Anslee.

Were you not a fan of Jaclyn from C16? I would lump her in the "grounded and a good model" category as well.

Yeah, it wasn't quite fair to lump Jaclyn in with the crazies. I also liked Monique, Nicole and Dalya from Cycle 16. My problem with Jaclyn is that she never quite elevated herself from being a "character" in the same way that my favorites usually do. She was adorable and likeable, but falls into the same category as C8 Kathleen, Brandy, Chris, Jade, Norelle, etc.: they rank high on my list because they were hilarious or endearing, but they don't quite pass the "would I be friends with this person" test, or in some cases had questionable modeling abilities. In Jaclyn's case, the only photo of her I liked was her Maniacal Makeup photo.

You know, I had 4gotten abt Eugenia.

I didn't like her at first because 1) she wasn't that goodness and 2) hanging arpund that "Princess of thr Throne" nasty, cooch juice thrower.

But I ended up liking her, because her wittiness was subtle, common sense, and funny. And her pictures did improve.

Lisa the go-go dancer from cycle 9 or Lisa the crazy drunk who won All-stars? Cycle 9 Lisa was gorgeous and tall and couldn't take a bad picture, but none of crazy Lisa's photos were good since she looks 80 years old in all of them.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't remember all seasons so I'll go as far up as I can remember

C1 - Elyse

C2 - April

C3 - Eva

C4 - Kahlen

C5 - Nik

C6 - Joanie & Dani

C7 - Melrose

C8 - Jaslene

C9 - Jenah

C10 - Katarzyna & Anya

C11 - McKey

C12 - Allison

C13 - Nicole

Edited by ShadowSixx
(edited)

Agree with that list. I will also add Fatima for C10.

For the remaining cycles, here are my picks:

C14: probably the worst cycle, but Raina is the best of the bunch.

C15: Ann

C16: Brittani

C17: Allison

C18: Sophie & AzMarie

C20: Jourdan

C21: Lenox & Will

Edited by Mattipoo

My pics:

C1: Elyse

C2: I liked Yoanna, but April and Shandy were very good too

C3: Amanda and Toccara

C4: Christina and Brittany were the best models, but I did really like Kahlen too; horrible cycle though

C5: Nicole, though Nik was an excellent runner-up

C6: Mollie Sue; Dani and Joanie were great finalists though

C7: Michelle

C8: Brittany - too bad she had that melt down at the go-sees

C9: Jenah and Heather

C10: Katarzyna & Anya

C11: Marjorie and McKey

C12: Allison

C13: Nicole

C14: they all sucked, but I guess Alexandra was the best of a bad bunch

C15: Ann & Jane

C16: Molly, Kasia & Brittani

C17: Allison again

C18: Louise

C20: Jourdan

C21: Lennox, Will, Matthew

What a great thread, Oholibamah!

I agree with many of your choices, though I have a few additions myself:

Cycle 4

Brittany is my choice for this cycle. While I thought that many eliminations over the course of the series were ridiculously asinine, I think that this one takes the cake, as I secretly think it was done primarily to piss off Janice. Starting with the Zodiac shoot, she consistently took great photos, was tall, had a decent enough runway walk (if memory serves me correctly), and was entertaining both in panel and in confessionals. It's a shame that she seems to have gotten a fair amount of plastic surgery after the show, as I thought that she had such potential.

Cycle 9

I would add Lisa as an honorable mention for getting robbed this cycle. She has had a successful post-show career, but even on the show, she seemed to be one of the most consistent and well-rounded models that I can recall.

Cycle 10

While I think that Anya is a better model, Katarzyna was treated so shabbily that season that I had to give her a nod. She had one of the best walks in the show's history, which I feel is often forgotten about. Her Eastern European features are also to die for.

You knew Katarzyna was in trouble when she gently corrected the judges on how to properly say her name and they acted like she was sassing. 

Edited by Pogojoco
  • Love 1
You knew Katarzyna was in trouble when she gently corrected the judges on how to properly say her name and they acted like she was sassing.

The only thing I remember from that cycle is how to pronounce Katarzyna!

And for the record: Elyse. Periodically I wonder what she is up to now.

Yes Katarzyna and Elyse were 2 of those smart girls that Tyra hated and only let in the house to torture. There was also Jane from cycle 15 who was a great model too, and Victoria (I don't remember which cycle it was) who answered back to Twiggy about her neck rolls and was eliminated right away.

• Love 1

Victoria was on C9 and in an interview Victoria said she was called by a couple of the girls when the episodes were airing and they couldn't believe the kind of editing Victoria was getting. Victoria said she asked questions during panel but they didn't show it. I remember when Victoria asked Twiggy what was peculiar about her and Twiggy said she didn't know and she's not sure that Victoria should be asking that. Well Twiggy, don't say things that you can't back up.

Tyra was a disrespectful asshat towards Katarzyna because Katarzyna told her many times on how to say her name and Tyra would not get it right on purpose and when Katarzyna corrected her Tyra dismissed her to go back in line. In an interview Katarzyna said that she said Tyra can call her Kat for short but Tyra said no, her mom called her Katarzyna so she's gonna call her that. Then get the damn name right then. If I was Katarzyna I wouldn't have went up when Tyra called my name until Tyra got it right. 

• Love 3

My favourite models through Cycle 12 or so 

1-Elyse

2-Shandi

3-Toccarra was a serious star, and should've been the plus size winner instead of Whitney. And while Ann was sort of useless on the show, she's been a pretty successful commercial model. I still see her places. 

4- Kahlen- who looks just like Carmen Kass. Or Janice, cause she left after this cycle and that sucked.

5- Nik

6-Danielle- my favourite winner. and Mollie Sue (who probably just should've tried out the next cycle.) Even though Tyra hated her for some reason. 

7-All were sort of useless

8- This season bums me out, given what's happened to Renee and Jael, so I don't think about it. Natasha was beautiful and great TV, though

9- Lisa. 

10- Fatima, Fatima, Fatima. And then Katarzyna for Euro bone structure. 

11- Eh- Paulina Porizkova

12- Alison- though Celia once gave an interview with Rich Juzwiak back when he did recaps which was great. And she did have great style. 

Edited by Pogojoco

My favorite models from ANTM according to cyle are:

1. Elyse and Adrienne. I didn't mind Adrienne winning, but I think Elyse should've won. She most likely didn't though because she intimidated the judges with her intelligence who perceived it as her being a know-it-all.
  2. April and Mercedes
  3. Eva, sure she was a diva, but she took great photos and her runway walk was really good. She's my second favorite model from ANTM and Cycle 3 is probably my favorite season.
  4. Kahlen
  5. Nicole
  6. Joanie and an honorable mention to Jade who was just so damn entertaining.
  7. Caridee
  8. Jaslene
  9. Don't have a favorite.
  10. Don't have a favorite.
  11. Don't have a favorite.
  12. Allison!! She's my favorite model from ANTM of all time. I think she can be considered one of the best, if not the best model of the whole show. I'm still pissed off that she didn't win either one of the seasons she was on. She has such an interesting look that can be both edgy and commercial. She's also very likeable.
  13. Nicole
  14. Raina
  15. Don't have a favorite.
  16. Molly even though she had a terrible attitude.
  17. Allison, again.
  18. Sophie
  19. Laura
  20. Jordan
  21. Don't have a favorite.
Edited by Steph619

Over a year since anyone's answered here, but I'll volunteer some replies.  I'm going to list my favorite model and whom I liked personally:

Cycle 1: Elyse wins it for me, too, model-wise.  Striking features, amazing photographs, and on top of it all, great snark in confessionals.  Kesse wins my favorite from a personality perspective because she seemed like the sweetest and nicest of the girls.

Cycle 2: April wins it for both categories.  I liked how stunning she was as a model, and how pretty much all of her photos were amazing.  Personality-wise, I liked her incredible confidence and her willingness to try anything and everything new, and how she could take control of situations easily.

Cycle 3: Amanda and Toccara both seemed like the two most modelesque girls of that cycle, and I think one of them should've won.  I was pissed off that the latter of those two didn't at least get to Japan.  Personality-wise, I liked Norelle a lot.  I also thought that she was very modelesque, and she was just plain cute and adorable, to boot.  To see her only make it to fifth place and get ousted over fucking Ann, who was useless, remains one of my biggest heartbreaks.

Cycle 4: Hmm.  Really hard to find an actual model among this group.  I guess Rebecca (the girl who fainted at the first judging panel), since I saw potential in her.  She was the closest to a model I could see in that group.  After she was gone, I thought the closest we had to a model other than she was Tatiana (last one booted before going overseas).  Other than that, it was all a matter of personal tastes.  I guess I liked Kahlen's perseverance in spite of the tragedies in her life both pre-show and on the show.  Brittany's bluntness was refreshing, as well.  But no all-consuming love for anyone this cycle.

Cycle 5: Kim was probably my favorite model-wise.  Her androgyny was so beautiful.  I wish she'd made it farther than at least Bre.  And what do you knwo?  She was also my personal favorite.  Lisa comes in second for her absolute hilarity.  I still laugh when I remember her "crazy cantaloupe lips" line about how big Sarah's lips were.

Cycle 6: Several good models here, but Danielle is my favorite, model-wise.  Joanie was very good, too, to have won so many photoshoots, but Danielle edges her out by having the more memorable personality on top of being an excellent model.  Also, unlike you, @Oholibamah, I have to knock Joanie down several pegs because she bitched about Sara getting to F4.  I could totally see why Tyra let her get that far.  How far she got wasn't Joanie's call to make.  It was Tyra's, and she needed to accept that.  Ah, and Danielle's also my personal favorite, although I wish my second-favorite, Leslie, had made it to the overseas trip.  Good model in photos, decent commercial . . . but unfortunately, a tragic walk.

Cycle 7: Well . . . not the best cycle, but I thought Amanda and Michelle were the best models.  Either one should've won it.  Another cycle, though, in which my personal favorite didn't make it to the overseas trip.  Really wanted A.J. to get to Spain.  I simply liked that she was the only one who hated Melrose and outright admitted it in a confessional.  Everyone else hinted that they didn't like her, but A.J. was the only one to out-and-out say it.

Cycle 8: Jaslene wins for model potential.  As has been said, she was far and away the best of that group.  Brittany was probably the second-best model there, but her go-sees meltdown doomed her.  Personal favorite was Dionne, who, while not a model, had some snarky confessionals that I enjoyed.

Cycle 9: Jenah was far and away the most modelesque girl that cycle, so she was my favorite for that reason alone, in terms of modeling.  Heather gets runner-up, as I thought she was the second-best model.  A F2 with the two of them would've been tough to call.  Heather was also my personal favorite because she has Asperger's like I do, and I was hoping a girl with that disorder would do well on the show.  Second personal favorite was another girl who didn't get overseas and in fact just missed it -- Ambreal.  Not a model and, from what I can tell, hasn't done anything post-show, but at least had a great personality that I enjoyed.

Cycle 10: Great modelesque girls here, and many of them would've made better winners than the one who actually did.  Gotta agree, though, that Anya, Fatima, and Katarzyna were the three best models there.  Katarzyna had that exotic, European look to her, Fatima's African features were stunning, striking, and beautiful, and while Anya looked pretty normal compared to the two of them, she had an amazing body for modeling and a fabulous walk on runways.  Personal favorite was another pre-overseas girl: returnee Marvita.  I'd rooted for her to get into the house in cycle nine and was saddened when she didn't, got excited when she made it into the house in cycle ten, and was crushed when she crashed so hard early on.

Cycle 11: For me, the runaway best model this cycle was one who got totally screwed over pre-overseas: the amazingly striking Lauren Brie.  Her elevated/aerial shoot was one of my top five personal favorite photos, and I think it was warranted that Tyra said that the judges thought of it as one of the top five in ANTM history.  If there was any girl who deserved to at least get overseas, it was she.  Second-best was McKey, though, so after Lauren Brie left, I was okay with her winning.  Personal favorite was definitely Sheena.  Tough, confident, decent model, but I understand that her body proportions and her general hoochiness would doom her eventually.  Although I think she'd have been a great candidate for the first Asian winner.

Cycle 12: Allison was absolutely the best model that cycle and should've won.  Her face, especially her eyes, was so haunting and striking.  Teyona, though, was my personal second-best model in that group, so I was okay with them being the F2, and with her winning.  Personal favorite was Celia, even though I did cringe when she tried to halt elimination after Tyra eliminated Kortnie.

Cycle 13: Ah, the short cycle.  Probably agree that Erin was the most modelesque of the girls, even though I did think that Nicole was right behind her, so I was okay with either of them winning.  Laura and Jennifer are my personal favorites at about a tie.  Jennifer did have the wonky eye issue, but I thought she was an otherwise good model who knew her angles, at least, and had a stunning face.  Another good candidate for what could've been the first Asian winner.  Laura didn't scream model to me, but I just found her fun and cute and was okay with her getting that far.

Cycle 14: I can see why not too many people liked this cycle, but personally . . . I enjoyed it.  I actually thought that Alexandra was the best model there.  In fact, I thought that she was the best plussie ever (or second-best behind Toccara).  Her bone structure was damn near flawless, her body was the best-proportioned of any plussie to ever be on the show, and she took some decent photos.  If Tyra had just been a bit more patient and not been so desperate to crown Whitney as the first plussie winner four cycles earlier, I think Alexandra might've had a great case for the win.  Before she got whiny, entitled, and stank in her All-Stars return, my personal favorite was Angelea.  I know she wasn't everyone's cup of tea in this cycle, either, but I kind of liked the way she frustrated the other girls without crossing the line.  And I have to give props to someone who can go to all six go-sees and still get back to the starting point in time for a well-earned win!  Krista was probably my second-favorite personally, so I was glad she won.  And despite all of the bitching and moaning that went on at TWoP at the time of her win, I thought she earned her win.  Five first-place finishes at panel is more than deserving of a win, IMO.

Cycle 15: I'd like to know in what world Chelsey could ever be considered the best model of this cycle, @Oholibamah.  She never got a photoshoot win even once and was, in fact, the first girl to reach the end without ever getting a first callout.  Far and away, I'd have given Ann the win, because in spite of her awkwardness in person, there's no question she knocked my socks off as a model, and she continues to do so post-show.  My vote for second-best model of that cycle was, sadly, one who didn't make it overseas, just barely missing it thanks to Nigel: Esther.  I thought she was striking and stunning and exotic and got a bum rap just because Nigel didn't "remember" her during his shoot with the girls.  Jane, who is also my personal favorite of the cycle, comes in third for best model because there was something so flawless about her face, and her body and walk were also amazing.  A F3 with Ann, Esther, and Jane would've been preferable.  And honestly, I think Jane should've been the cycle fifteen returnee for All-Stars, not Kayla (even though I did like Kayla, too).

Cycle 16: I actually thought that Molly was the best model here.  She knew her angles, had a killer walk, and had a great face and body.  Agree that her attitude was bad, though.  Brittani was probably the second-best model of the bunch, though, so I don't disagree with her win.  Personal favorite was definitely a tie between Hannah and Jaclyn.  Both were sweet, cute girls, and both made me smile.  Also would've liked to have seen how Ondrei could've done if she hadn't been dealing so badly with her brothers' murders.  I think she was stunning enough that she could've done some damage in the competition.

Cycle 17: I'm surprised by how many people skip this cycle.  I think that Allison probably was the best model again in this cycle for the same reasons that she was considered as such in cycle twelve.  But I think there's something to be said for how much Dominique improved between cycle ten and cycle seventeen.  I actually thought she'd left, gone home, and returned having learned quite a bit, and I honestly think that Tyra screwed her over royally just to keep the increasingly worse Angelea in the competition just so she could give her the (IMO) wholly unearned win.  And then had to take the win away from her, anyway, because she wouldn't shut up about it as the cycle aired!  Anyway, personal favorite was also my vote for second-favorite model: Dominique.  It was amazing at how well she had greatly improved her behavior after I couldn't stand her in cycle ten.  She was probably more mature now than any of the other girls save for Allison.

Cycle 18: Sophie was the best model here, so I agreed with her win.  But I wish she'd had someone more deserving of facing her in the F2.  I wish AzMarie had been there, as she was easily the second-best model.  Louise probably was the third-best for me, but if she didn't have the mindset to stand the stress, pressure, and criticism that all come with being on the show, she never should've come on in the first place.  In all honesty, Sophie and AzMarie were probably my two personal favorites, too, either because I can't remember everyone else or the ones I do remember were unlikable, or just not as likable as I found those two to be.

Cycle 19: Agreeing with Leila was the best model.  No way anyone convinces me that Laura should've tasted that prize.  Personal favorite was probably Allyssa.  I not only thought that her body of work made her an underrated good model (after all, she came in second in terms of the scores determining who'd reenter the competition), but I thought she seemed like a nice person, on top of it all.  Nastasia was also a nice girl whom I wish had made the finale instead of either Laura or Kiara.

Cycle 20: Jourdan was the runaway best model, for sure.  Her rival, Renee, was the second-best.  No one else even close to them.  Nina was my personal favorite.  So sweet, quirky, and kind, and I liked that she was the only one to understand Chris H.  I hated that their relationship imploded the way that it did, especially since I don't even understand how it imploded.

Cycle 21: Didn't see it.

Cycle 22: Didn't see it.

Cycle 23: As of now, I think Tatianna is the best one model-wise, probably with Courtney right behind her (even if I don't like her personally).  Krislian and Paige are my personal favorites, though.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Michel said:

Cycle 15: I'd like to know in what world Chelsey could ever be considered the best of model of this cycle, @Oholibamah.  She never got a photoshoot win even once and was, in fact, the first girl to reach the end without ever getting a first callout.  Far and away, I'd have given Ann the win, because in spite of her awkwardness in person, there's no question she knocked my socks off as a model, and she continues to do so post-show.  My vote for second-best model of that cycle was, sadly, one who didn't make it overseas, just barely missing it thanks to Nigel: Esther.  I thought she was striking and stunning and exotic and got a bum rap just because Nigel didn't "remember" her during his shoot with the girls.  Jane, who is also my personal favorite of the cycle, comes in third for best model because there was something so flawless about her face, and her body and walk were also amazing.  A F3 with Ann, Esther, and Jane would've been preferable.  And honestly, I think Jane should've been the cycle fifteen returnee for All-Stars, not Kayla (even though I did like Kayla, too).

Yeah, I wondered about that too. The only reason Chelsey made F2 was because they wanted to make sure that Ann would have a clear path to the win. Not that Chelsey was bad per se - they didn't want to make the fix that obvious - but she was no more than boringly competent. On her best day she still had no chance of beating Ann on a bad day. (Ann turned out great pictures, but with her self-esteem issues there was always the chance of her having a bad day with the finale runway show.) Some of the other girls, like Jane, on their best days could have, and that's why they could not be allowed to make F2.

Although I loved Kayla, I agree that Jane should have been the C15 returnee for All-Stars - that is, if Jane was willing. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that she wasn't interested. Kayla needed All-Stars, Jane didn't. I mean, let's be real, it wasn't an "All-Stars" season of the actual all-star models or the cast would've been entirely different; it was an "All-Stars" of memorable contestants who weren't succeeding outside the show. As Tyra told Jane at her elimination, Jane was going to make a lot of money.

C10 is my favorite cycle in terms of quality contestants - Anya, Fatima, Katarzyna, and Lauren (who couldn't do commercials to save her life, but damn were her photos gorgeous).

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 7:46 PM, Watt said:

I always like winner Nicole (forget what season she was on) and Jane. Probably my favorites. I don't remember most of the rest lol.

There were two winning Nicoles -- Nicole Linkletter of cycle five and Nicole Fox of cycle thirteen.

• Love 4
On 1/16/2017 at 1:03 AM, Black Knight said:

I'd like to know in what world Chelsey could ever be considered the best of model of this cycle, @Oholibamah.  She never got a photoshoot win even once and was, in fact, the first girl to reach the end without ever getting a first callout.  Far and away, I'd have given Ann the win, because in spite of her awkwardness in person, there's no question she knocked my socks off as a model, and she continues to do so post-show.  My vote for second-best model of that cycle was, sadly, one who didn't make it overseas, just barely missing it thanks to Nigel: Esther.  I thought she was striking and stunning and exotic and got a bum rap just because Nigel didn't "remember" her during his shoot with the girls.  Jane, who is also my personal favorite of the cycle, comes in third for best model because there was something so flawless about her face, and her body and walk were also amazing.  A F3 with Ann, Esther, and Jane would've been preferable.

Although I love them when did jane and esther ever get a fco also i believe laura k was the first runner up w/o a fco and she's my favorite contestant ever as for the best of c15 ann and kayla were miles ahead of everyone else though i wish rihanna lasted longer

(edited)
On 2017-01-15 at 8:34 PM, Michel said:

Over a year since anyone's answered here, but I'll volunteer some replies.  I'm going to list my favorite model and whom I liked personally:

Cycle 1: Elyse wins it for me, too, model-wise.  Striking features, amazing photographs, and on top of it all, great snark in confessionals.  Kesse wins my favorite from a personality perspective because she seemed like the sweetest and nicest of the girls.

Cycle 2: April wins it for both categories.  I liked how stunning she was as a model, and how pretty much all of her photos were amazing.  Personality-wise, I liked her incredible confidence and her willingness to try anything and everything new, and how she could take control of situations easily.

Cycle 3: Amanda and Toccara both seemed like the two most modelesque girls of that cycle, and I think one of them should've won.  I was pissed off that the latter of those two didn't at least get to Japan.  Personality-wise, I liked Norelle a lot.  I also thought that she was very modelesque, and she was just plain cute and adorable, to boot.  To see her only make it to fifth place and get ousted over fucking Ann, who was useless, remains one of my biggest heartbreaks.

Cycle 4: Hmm.  Really hard to find an actual model among this group.  I guess Rebecca (the girl who fainted at the first judging panel), since I saw potential in her.  She was the closest to a model I could see in that group.  After she was gone, I thought the closest we had to a model other than she was Tatiana (last one booted before going overseas).  Other than that, it was all a matter of personal tastes.  I guess I liked Kahlen's perseverance in spite of the tragedies in her life both pre-show and on the show.  Brittany's bluntness was refreshing, as well.  But no all-consuming love for anyone this cycle.

Cycle 5: Kim was probably my favorite model-wise.  Her androgyny was so beautiful.  I wish she'd made it farther than at least Bre.  And what do you knwo?  She was also my personal favorite.  Lisa comes in second for her absolute hilarity.  I still laugh when I remember her "crazy cantaloupe lips" line about how big Sarah's lips were.

Cycle 6: Several good models here, but Danielle is my favorite, model-wise.  Joanie was very good, too, to have won so many photoshoots, but Danielle edges her out by having the more memorable personality on top of being an excellent model.  Also, unlike you, @Oholibamah, I have to knock Joanie down several pegs because she bitched about Sara getting to F4.  I could totally see why Tyra let her get that far.  How far she got wasn't Joanie's call to make.  It was Tyra's, and she needed to accept that.  Ah, and Danielle's also my personal favorite, although I wish my second-favorite, Leslie, had made it to the overseas trip.  Good model in photos, decent commercial . . . but unfortunately, a tragic walk.

Cycle 7: Well . . . not the best cycle, but I thought Amanda and Michelle were the best models.  Either one should've won it.  Another cycle, though, in which my personal favorite didn't make it to the overseas trip.  Really wanted A.J. to get to Spain.  I simply liked that she was the only one who hated Melrose and outright admitted it in a confessional.  Everyone else hinted that they didn't like her, but A.J. was the only one to out-and-out say it.

Cycle 8: Jaslene wins for model potential.  As has been said, she was far and away the best of that group.  Brittany was probably the second-best model there, but her go-sees meltdown doomed her.  Personal favorite was Dionne, who, while not a model, had some snarky confessionals that I enjoyed.

Cycle 9: Jenah was far and away the most modelesque girl that cycle, so she was my favorite for that reason alone, in terms of modeling.  Heather gets runner-up, as I thought she was the second-best model.  A F2 with the two of them would've been tough to call.  Heather was also my personal favorite because she has Asperger's like I do, and I was hoping a girl with that disorder would do well on the show.  Second personal favorite was another girl who didn't get overseas and in fact just missed it -- Ambreal.  Not a model and, from what I can tell, hasn't done anything post-show, but at least had a great personality that I enjoyed.

Cycle 10: Great modelesque girls here, and many of them would've made better winners than the one who actually did.  Gotta agree, though, that Anya, Fatima, and Katarzyna were the three best models there.  Katarzyna had that exotic, European look to her, Fatima's African features were stunning, striking, and beautiful, and while Anya looked pretty normal compared to the two of them, she had an amazing body for modeling and a fabulous walk on runways.  Personal favorite was another pre-overseas girl: returnee Marvita.  I'd rooted for her to get into the house in cycle nine and was saddened when she didn't, got excited when she made it into the house in cycle ten, and was crushed when she crashed so hard early on.

Cycle 11: For me, the runaway best model this cycle was one who got totally screwed over pre-overseas: the amazingly striking Lauren Brie.  Her elevated/aerial shoot was one of my top five personal favorite photos, and I think it was warranted that Tyra said that the judges thought of it as one of the top five in ANTM history.  If there was any girl who deserved to at least get overseas, it was she.  Second-best was McKey, though, so after Lauren Brie left, I was okay with her winning.  Personal favorite was definitely Sheena.  Tough, confident, decent model, but I understand that her body proportions and her general hoochiness would doom her eventually.  Although I think she'd have been a great candidate for the first Asian winner.

Cycle 12: Allison was absolutely the best model that cycle and should've won.  Her face, especially her eyes, was so haunting and striking.  Teyona, though, was my personal second-best model in that group, so I was okay with them being the F2, and with her winning.  Personal favorite was Celia, even though I did cringe when she tried to halt elimination after Tyra eliminated Kortnie.

Cycle 13: Ah, the short cycle.  Probably agree that Erin was the most modelesque of the girls, even though I did think that Nicole was right behind her, so I was okay with either of them winning.  Laura and Jennifer are my personal favorites at about a tie.  Jennifer did have the wonky eye issue, but I thought she was an otherwise good model who knew her angles, at least, and had a stunning face.  Another good candidate for what could've been the first Asian winner.  Laura didn't scream model to me, but I just found her fun and cute and was okay with her getting that far.

Cycle 14: I can see why not too many people liked this cycle, but personally . . . I enjoyed it.  I actually thought that Alexandra was the best model there.  In fact, I thought that she was the best plussie ever (or second-best behind Toccara).  Her bone structure was damn near flawless, her body was the best-proportioned of any plussie to ever be on the show, and she took some decent photos.  If Tyra had just been a bit more patient and not been so desperate to crown Whitney as the first plussie winner four cycles earlier, I think Alexandra might've had a great case for the win.  Before she got whiny, entitled, and stank in her All-Stars return, my personal favorite was Angelea.  I know she wasn't everyone's cup of tea in this cycle, either, but I kind of liked the way she frustrated the other girls without crossing the line.  And I have to give props to someone who can go to all six go-sees and still get back to the starting point in time for a well-earned win!  Krista was probably my second-favorite personally, so I was glad she won.  And despite all of the bitching and moaning that went on at TWoP at the time of her win, I thought she earned her win.  Five first-place finishes at panel is more than deserving of a win, IMO.

Cycle 15: I'd like to know in what world Chelsey could ever be considered the best model of this cycle, @Oholibamah.  She never got a photoshoot win even once and was, in fact, the first girl to reach the end without ever getting a first callout.  Far and away, I'd have given Ann the win, because in spite of her awkwardness in person, there's no question she knocked my socks off as a model, and she continues to do so post-show.  My vote for second-best model of that cycle was, sadly, one who didn't make it overseas, just barely missing it thanks to Nigel: Esther.  I thought she was striking and stunning and exotic and got a bum rap just because Nigel didn't "remember" her during his shoot with the girls.  Jane, who is also my personal favorite of the cycle, comes in third for best model because there was something so flawless about her face, and her body and walk were also amazing.  A F3 with Ann, Esther, and Jane would've been preferable.  And honestly, I think Jane should've been the cycle fifteen returnee for All-Stars, not Kayla (even though I did like Kayla, too).

Cycle 16: I actually thought that Molly was the best model here.  She knew her angles, had a killer walk, and had a great face and body.  Agree that her attitude was bad, though.  Brittani was probably the second-best model of the bunch, though, so I don't disagree with her win.  Personal favorite was definitely a tie between Hannah and Jaclyn.  Both were sweet, cute girls, and both made me smile.  Also would've liked to have seen how Ondrei could've done if she hadn't been dealing so badly with her brothers' murders.  I think she was stunning enough that she could've done some damage in the competition.

Cycle 17: I'm surprised by how many people skip this cycle.  I think that Allison probably was the best model again in this cycle for the same reasons that she was considered as such in cycle twelve.  But I think there's something to be said for how much Dominique improved between cycle ten and cycle seventeen.  I actually thought she'd left, gone home, and returned having learned quite a bit, and I honestly think that Tyra screwed her over royally just to keep the increasingly worse Angelea in the competition just so she could give her the (IMO) wholly unearned win.  And then had to take the win away from her, anyway, because she wouldn't shut up about it as the cycle aired!  Anyway, personal favorite was also my vote for second-favorite model: Dominique.  It was amazing at how well she had greatly improved her behavior after I couldn't stand her in cycle ten.  She was probably more mature now than any of the other girls save for Allison.

Cycle 18: Sophie was the best model here, so I agreed with her win.  But I wish she'd had someone more deserving of facing her in the F2.  I wish AzMarie had been there, as she was easily the second-best model.  Louise probably was the third-best for me, but if she didn't have the mindset to stand the stress, pressure, and criticism that all come with being on the show, she never should've come on in the first place.  In all honesty, Sophie and AzMarie were probably my two personal favorites, too, either because I can't remember everyone else or the ones I do remember were unlikable, or just not as likable as I found those two to be.

Cycle 19: Agreeing with Leila was the best model.  No way anyone convinces me that Laura should've tasted that prize.  Personal favorite was probably Allyssa.  I not only thought that her body of work made her an underrated good model (after all, she came in second in terms of the scores determining who'd reenter the competition), but I thought she seemed like a nice person, on top of it all.  Nastasia was also a nice girl whom I wish had made the finale instead of either Laura or Kiara.

Cycle 20: Jourdan was the runaway best model, for sure.  Her rival, Renee, was the second-best.  No one else even close to them.  Nina was my personal favorite.  So sweet, quirky, and kind, and I liked that she was the only one to understand Chris H.  I hated that their relationship imploded the way that it did, especially since I don't even understand how it imploded.

Cycle 21: Didn't see it.

Cycle 22: Didn't see it.

Cycle 23: As of now, I think Tatianna is the best one model-wise, probably with Courtney right behind her (even if I don't like her personally).  Krislian and Paige are my personal favorites, though.

On 2017-01-16 at 1:03 AM, Black Knight said:

Yeah, I wondered about that too. The only reason Chelsey made F2 was because they wanted to make sure that Ann would have a clear path to the win. Not that Chelsey was bad per se - they didn't want to make the fix that obvious - but she was no more than boringly competent. On her best day she still had no chance of beating Ann on a bad day. (Ann turned out great pictures, but with her self-esteem issues there was always the chance of her having a bad day with the finale runway show.) Some of the other girls, like Jane, on their best days could have, and that's why they could not be allowed to make F2.

Although I loved Kayla, I agree that Jane should have been the C15 returnee for All-Stars - that is, if Jane was willing. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that she wasn't interested. Kayla needed All-Stars, Jane didn't. I mean, let's be real, it wasn't an "All-Stars" season of the actual all-star models or the cast would've been entirely different; it was an "All-Stars" of memorable contestants who weren't succeeding outside the show. As Tyra told Jane at her elimination, Jane was going to make a lot of money.

C10 is my favorite cycle in terms of quality contestants - Anya, Fatima, Katarzyna, and Lauren (who couldn't do commercials to save her life, but damn were her photos gorgeous).

I love Ann as a model and don't in any way dispute her deserved win, but I think Chelsey easily earned some Best Photos throughout the cycle. My favourites are her Bullying photo which is absolutely haunting, and her Covergirl shot which is the strongest Covergirl shot of any cycle. IMO, she deserved best photo for the famous designer shoot, and had my personal favourite photo in the Lucha Va Voom and Fallen Angel shoots. Also, the fact that she was the only model in the top 4 with usable runway footage from the Modelli Folli shoot shows she deserved Top 2. 

You can argue Ann had a stronger portfolio (I've ranked 7500 photos from various international Top Model cycles, and Chelsey's average score narrowly beats Ann by less than a quarter percent, so it's too close to call) but for me Chelsey won outside the shoots. I know Ann had an inspiring story, but I love how Chelsey came in like a legitimate professional. She always showed up on-point and ready to work, resulting in Challenge wins for tasks that would exist in the real world. 

To clarify, my list isn't necessarily who deserved to win or who was objectively the best. Chelsey was without question my favourite of Cycle 15 and remains a top 3 fav of mine. But I still think Ann deserved her win. 

Overall we have some pretty similar opinions. My support for Joanie griping about Sara is only because I think Leslie, Brooke and Mollie Sue consistently outperformed her. I liked Sara as a model, but I wanted to see more from the other three. 

Edited by Oholibamah