Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Takiawase

Well, that certainly sped things up. The last scene made my diaphram try to burrow behind my lungs. After last week, though, I'm disappointed that there were no "Hannibal getting dressed/undressed" scenes.

• Love 2

I don't know if that last scene would have been more or less tense if we could have seen what Beverly was seeing. Of course, once Hannibal showed up there was no more tension, only sadness. Farewell, Beverly; may you be better at b&e in your next life.

Also, I don't know if this really matters, but I'm starting to think the big Hannibal/Jack fight will have something to do with Jack's wife, rather than Will.

Finally, while Amanda Plummer always gives good crazy, I spent much of the episode imagining how great Grace Zabriskie would have been in that role; I feel like she can really embody solicitous malevolence. But either way, I hope that's not the least we see of the character - it seemed like the car was solved pretty quickly and why waste Amanda Plummer on a one off?

Daaaaaamn.  That was good.  And interesting that even in saving someone's life, Hannibal committed an enormous act of betrayal.

So why did Hannibal resuscitate good ol' Zoe from Firefly?  Because it was sort of an asshole move that he found interesting/amusing?  To curry favor with Jack?  Because he wants to kill her himself later?

He literally just flipped a coin. He's always curious to see what happens; I'm sure he would have found either outcome interesting.

I like(d) Beverly. Too bad she's obviously tomorrow's dinner.

That moment when Beverly turned around and saw Hannibal and they made eye contact.  Really terrifying.  Not as terrifying as Hannibal shutting the lights and running away.  When I saw the bullet shoot through the floor, I was picturing Hannibal and Beverly struggling for the gun with the title character of the show ultimately winning.  The only question remaining - of what dish will Beverly be a part?

I read the actress (Hettienne Park) had only one thing she asked from Bryan Fuller and it was to become an eggroll.
Not fond of eggrolls, I'd prefer to have Beverly still on the show. Oh well.

• Love 1

They played it right though, having her hesitate to take things to Jack earlier in the episode before she made the really stupid move at the end. It felt like an earned stupidity as opposed to an impulsive one.  We know everything is going to turn out right in the end with Will vindicated and Jack picking up on Hannibal from the media res in S02E01. The question is really how long are they going to play this out. 

I enjoy Will as Jailhouse Savant but I can see that getting very old very fast. Having Beverly sacrificed so early means there's more pressure on the entire team to find out the truth, as one of their own has gone down. And no matter where Will is, he can continue to indulge in Mental Fishing, a mindscape I've grown fond of.

• Love 1

Will: STAY AWAY FROM HANNIBAL LECTOR, BEVERLY. SRSLY.
Me: She's not going to stay away from him.
Beverly: *breaks into Hannibal Lector's house to snoop*

I can overlook the sheer stupidity and assume she really, really didn't believe that Hannibal is a Kreepy Killer and that the worst that would happen is she would get caught snooping and just explain that she had to be sure it wasn't him.. I really wish I would have watched S1 of this show. As of right now I feel like I'm missing a lot of things.

I'm sure it says a lot about me (and probably society as a whole, since I doubt I'm alone) that the prospect of Hannibal murdering (and presumably eating) Beverly bothers me less than Amanda Plummer sticking needles into a guy's eyes, or even than the bees setting up a hive in the (fortunately dead) guy's head (which reminded me of a particularly disturbing scene in The Wasp Factory).

Yeldarbe Will: STAY AWAY FROM HANNIBAL LECTOR, BEVERLY. SRSLY.
Me: She's not going to stay away from him.
Beverly: *breaks into Hannibal Lector's house to snoop*

That I could almost accept if she had left once she’d discovered the kidney (or what I take to be a kidney) because she seemed to regard that as a critical breakthrough. Once you've found the critical evidence GET OUT. None of it's going to be admissible anyway, so you need to come back with a warrant. Also, does everyone have housebreaking skills on US TV?

I'm re-watching the S2 eps and it JUST hit me now that Beverly was displayed on a bunch of huge slides because of her profession, not because Hannibal was trying to be a big show off.  I can only shake my head at myself and hope to do better.