Type keyword(s) to search

Ratings And Scheduling: I Can't Do This Alone

kimrey
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Fast-Demo-2017-Oct-26.THU_.png

A 0.6 preliminary again! Here's hoping it'll adjust up again! The viewer count is definitely high :) 

I am really impressed, given Grey's was back (after being off last week). I don't really think Young Sheldon will hurt much, even with BBT being the ratings monster it is. I'm actually happier it doesn't have to go up against Will & Grace.

• Love 1

So The Flash drew a 0.7 and LOT drew a 0.4 this week most likely due to Halloween. I would be so shocked if SPN held a 0.7 this week and was tied for 1st spot this week. 

Now I know CW is programming stuff during thanksgiving week this year for the first time ever. So I expect everything to be well down that week if Halloween is any indication for Tuesdays lineup being low. 

Unrounded numbers from last week, posted by Starfish in the Arrow ratings thread.

....................................... L+SD ........... L+3 ...
The Flash ....................... 0.998 .......... 1.57
Supernatural .................. 0.641 ........... 0.94
Riverdale ........................ 0.609 .......... 1.02
Supergirl ......................... 0.534 .......... 0.82
Arrow .............................. 0.476 .......... 0.80
Legends of Tomorrow .... 0.472 ........... 0.73
Jane the Virgin ............... 0.258
Dynasty .......................... 0.196 ........... 0.29
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ......... 0.192
Valor ............................... 0.186 .......... 0.24

SPN is a firm #2 in Live+SD but drops a bit to #3 in Live+3

Damn good for a 13 year old show. 

• Love 4

ht to the Arrow form

2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

TV Ad Prices

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tv-ad-prices-football-walking-dead-empire-1202602792/amp/

MONDAY
CW
8PM Supergirl $48,301
9PM Valor $34,264

TUESDAY
CW
8PM The Flash $65,709
9PM DC’s Legends of Tomorrow $43,483

WEDNESDAY
CW
8PM Riverdale $33,935
9PM Dynasty $38,171

THURSDAY
CW
8PM Supernatural $33,287
9PM Arrow $35,165

Friday
CW
8PM Crazy Ex-Girlfriend $15,465
9PM Jane the Virgin $21,360

UNSCHEDULED MIDSEASON
CW
Black Lightning $34,500
Life Sentence $38,500

18 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I’d have honestly thought SN would get paid more considering how consistent it’s been over the years.

And they don't do product placement either. They must make a lot more money in DVD and streaming than is thought that gets reinvested in the show.

• Love 1

Woot.  One more week at .6.  Who would have thought THAT was a victory a few years ago?  The landscape of TV has changed so much, I definitely do consider it a victory.  And glad to see Young Sheldon didn't whack us.  Holding pensively til the finals come out.

• Love 3

The unrounded ratings for Supernatural and Arrow are:

Supernatural ........................... 0.631 ... (0.628 ... 0.633)
Arrow ...................................... 0.478 ... (0.517 ... 0.438)

Based on these I'd say there is very little chance of our show adjusting down, it actually has a good chance of adjusting up, while Arrow may adjust down or at best barely cling on to that 0.5

Unrounded for all CW Shows last week, from Starfish in the Arrow board

Here are the numbers for all of CW last week:

........................................ L+SD ....... L+3 ...
The Flash ....................... 0.704 ...... 1.26 ...
Supernatural .................. 0.645 ...... 0.97 ...
Riverdale ....................... 0.573 ....... 0.98 ...
Supergirl ........................ 0.483 ....... 0.78 ...
Arrow ............................. 0.467 ....... 0.78 ...
Legends of Tomorrow ... 0.424 ....... 0.70 ...
Jane the Virgin .............. 0.244 ........ NA ....
Dynasty ......................... 0.230 ....... 0.30 ...
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend ........ 0.223 ........ NA ...
Valor .............................. 0.208 ....... 0.27 ...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Unrounded for all CW Shows last week, from Starfish in the Arrow board

The Flash ....................... 0.704 ...... 1.26 ...
Supernatural .................. 0.645 ...... 0.97 ...

Ohhh.. Our little show is nipping at Barry's heels. Hee!!!!....

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Ohhh.. Our little show is nipping at Barry's heels. Hee!!!!....

Honestly, I think the Flash is simply suffering from being on Halloween night. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't rise back to 0.9 - 1.0 this week. 

3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Honestly, I think the Flash is simply suffering from being on Halloween night. I'd be very surprised if it doesn't rise back to 0.9 - 1.0 this week. 

More like the World Series Game 6 hurt it more than Halloween.  I'm sure the big crossover event will slam SPN a bit but SPN is doing better than I expected.

Watch out Barry..you better run faster.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

More like the World Series Game 6 hurt it more than Halloween.  I'm sure the big crossover event will slam SPN a bit but SPN is doing better than I expected.

Watch out Barry..you better run faster.

Why would the crossover event affect Supernatural? Since they're on the same network they won't air at the same time? 

• Love 1
Just now, Wayward Son said:

Why would the crossover event affect Supernatural? Since they're on the same network they won't air at the same time? 

I'm talking about the overall ratings for the week for all the shows. The crossover is going to be Supergirl/Arrow on Monday and The Flash/LoT on Tuesday. I expect SPN will drop below Arrow.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm talking about the overall ratings for the week for all the shows. The crossover is going to be Supergirl/Arrow on Monday and The Flash/LoT on Tuesday. I expect SPN will drop below Arrow.

Going by previous years the crossover should put all 4 shows over 1.0 in the demo. SPN will still pull in its normal ratings but, will look sad in comparison 

• Love 1

Legit LOL'd at this headline

Cancel Bear vs. The CW, week 6: The Bear’s annual ‘”Supernatural” will end whenever it feels like it’ post

The Cancel BearNovember 7, 2017

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-the-cw-week-6-the-bears-annual-supernatural-will-end-whenever-it-feels-like-it-post/

It’s that time of year again, where the Bear acknowledges that he won’t be seeing “Supernatural” in his lair this season.

We all know the drill by now: This show will end whenever its producers, The CW and stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki decide together to hang it up. That’s not likely to be this season, not when “Supernatural” is tied for the second-best ratings on the network so far.

There’s perhaps some remote chance that Ackles or Padalecki will, say, decide to go to grad school or something. That’s the only reason the Bear is leaving the show as a likely renewal. But you can expect to see it locked in at some point later in the season.

Whenever the show does end, you can also expect to see The CW make a very big deal of it. There’s almost zero chance the network lets its longest-running series end with no fanfare.

Note: All of The CW’s shows are produced by network owners CBS and Warner Bros., so the (O) designation (see below) is immaterial.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

This episode deserved more.  But I think it's true that the previous week's offering has a lot to do with ratings.  And last week was weak.

Could be 0.7 next week with Cas fans tuning en masse in for their favourite.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

This episode deserved more.  But I think it's true that the previous week's offering has a lot to do with ratings.  And last week was weak.

Could be 0.7 next week with Cas fans tuning en masse in for their favourite.

I doubt Cas will make a big difference (and I say that as a big Cas fan). I find ratings are similar with and without him and the group that will only watch Cas episodes is very, very small and most Cas fans watch the ones without him. IMO the only time we will truly know how much, if any, affect Cas’ presence has on the overall ratings will be when the show writes the character out for good leaving Cas centric fans with no reason to watch.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Diane said:

Not surprising - Grey's 300th episode dominated the US top ten for the whole three hours of airing (time zones).  For a good portion of that time they had three of the top ten trending tags.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

Unrounded ratings are out:

Supernatural ...................... 0.596 ... (0.601 ... 0.590)
Arrow ................................. 0.453 ... (0.472 ... 0.435)

So right in the middle so I’d say we will most likely maintain the 0.6 :)

Meanwhile Arrow is clinging on to that 0.5 by the skin of its teeth!  

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not surprising - Grey's 300th episode dominated the US top ten for the whole three hours of airing (time zones).  For a good portion of that time they had three of the top ten trending tags.

Hey at least we made it in the top 5!

11 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I haven't even watched last night's Arrow, I think that's the first time I've done that.

8 minutes ago, SueB said:

Considering the competition, it’s a freakin’ Thanksgiving miracle.  

According to Richard Speight Jr, his episode airs  on THANKSGIVING.  Is that true?

Yup. SPN and Arrow are new on Thanksgiving

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I knew as soon as they announced 

Spoiler

Episode 9 and episode 10 were the mid season finale and premiere for Wayward that there would be a thanksgiving episode. The show started the same week as last year and it only had 8 episodes last year due to a week’s break for thanksgiving. I think I remember many people ignoring me because new content on thanksgivig isn’t normally done?

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I still don't get why CW are programming on Thanksgiving week (especially the Wednesday - Friday) , let alone thanksgiving. This is a first in the history of the network. I don't see why they couldn't do their usual and just run the mid-season final into the second week of December as per usual and take off thanksgiving week. 

Actually I'll go a step further, and say even the former network WB from CW never programmed on a Thursday. So this is a first time in maybe 20 years. 

9 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Yeah Arrow is really just holding on. I expect a drop below a million viewers by the time it reaches season 7. 

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Fast-Demo-2017-Nov-16.THU_.png

I’m so happy the episode kept the 0.6! Of course it’ll be hard to guess properly until the unrounded ratings come out, but here’s hoping the high viewer count is a sign we won’t adjust down :)

• Love 2

Flash and Legends survived Halloween, Arrow and SPN will survive Thanksgiving, too. The week after that should be more interesting because it`s the big DC CW crossover event. Will it only strengthen (I presume it will) Monday and Tuesday or lift up the other nights as well?

4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Flash and Legends survived Halloween, Arrow and SPN will survive Thanksgiving, too. The week after that should be more interesting because it`s the big DC CW crossover event. Will it only strengthen (I presume it will) Monday and Tuesday or lift up the other nights as well?

I don’t watch DCTV, but I do like to watch ratings in general and IIRC last year the other DC shows were propped up to Flash levels for the crossover. However, the Flash received no boost from it, and the other shows dropped right back to their normal levels the following week.