Type keyword(s) to search

True Detective Announces Two Key Members Of Its Season 2 Cast

Primetimer
  • Start Topic

Damn! I hated the way the season ended and was all ready to ban td from my viewing schedule, but I may be forced to check this out. It's like they went into my brain and picked the two actors I'd like to see take on meatier roles. Maybe I'll just watch the pretty (and the acting of course) and ignore the story so I can never be disappointed. <br /><br />I like your choices for the girls, I hope it's someone who is known for being polished and made up so we can see a grittier side to them. Rachel McAdams, maybe?

I can deal with Colin Farrell, but I generally can't stand Vince Vaughn and I can't tell if it's purely him or, like you mentioned, the roles he chooses. I guess I'll give this a shot though.

Anyone with doubts about VV should check out the movie Clay Pigeons. He can definitely act, he just sometimes chooses not too.

• Love 2

The first season was a brilliant masterpiece... from now on things can just get worse.

But, Colin bloody Farrell... when was the last time he did something of significance? I am not too optimistic about this. 

But then again who would have thought that harrelson and mcconaughey would pull of a show like that. 

I loved In Bruges and Colin Farrell's performance is a major reason why. He has the chops to deliver in True Detective. I like Rachel McAdams, but I haven't seen her in many dramatic roles, so I hope she does well. Looking forward to the second season. 

With all the interest of the final cast for Season 2, I'm wondering if the writers are holding off until the cast is set. Do you think the plot will follow the actors, or visa versa? Kind of makes me sad to think whoever ends up on the cast could dictate the storyline, but maybe I'm being naive? :(

• Love 1

With the announcement of the two leads being white men again, and of the same age as McConaughey, and with the same writer doing all of the scripts again, I'm wondering if it's going to be almost the same two main characters again. Sort of Rust2.0 and Cole2.0.

Farrell quietly done great work in the films Horrible Bosses, In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths.

He fits better in ensembles and being a co-lead.

I think he'll do well in True Detective.

In Bruges he was definitely okay. I still showder when I think of him as Alexander or Sonny, in the Phone Booth or alongside Al Pacino. Those were blueprints for terrible, terrible acting.

Re Colin Farrell, I think that given the right material, he can be great, such as Tigerland, his American debut, Seven Psychopaths or In Bruges, for which he won a Golden Globe for "Best Actor In A Musical Or Comedy."

According to my IMDB app, Taylor Kitch just got signed to star in True Detective season 2.  It's going to be the 3 Bears!

Colin Farrell is a fantastic actor.  Crazy Heart, In Bruges, The Way Back, The New World, A Home at the End of the World, etc.

And I seriously doubt that they are writing the script around the cast - they wouldn't have the money to go ahead and cast if they didn't have a script.

• Love 1

Can't wait to see Colin Farrell..agree with the others he did a great job in Crazy Heart as a country singing cowboy. Vince Vaugn is a favorite, too....looking forward to the new season...next summer?

First pictures of Colin Farrell in character with some pretty serious facial hair! http://laist.com/2014/11/24/these_first_on-set_true_detective_p.php#photo-5

Actually, for the time period, the sideburns should be longer, right?

Some interesting facts and speculation: http://touch.denofgeek.us/denofgeekus/#!/entry/true-detective-will-start-fresh-in-season-2-but-not,5408341d025312186c47646c/12

Edited by shapeshifter

Actually, for the time period, the sideburns should be longer, right?

Some interesting facts and speculation: http://touch.denofgeek.us/denofgeekus/#!/entry/true-detective-will-start-fresh-in-season-2-but-not,5408341d025312186c47646c/12

Is it set in the 1970s this time around?  If so the sideburns are seriously conservative for that era!

On another note, i'm looking forward to see what Rachel McAdams can do with her character.  I've only seen her in really light roles.