Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: All About Eve

• Start Topic

When Roz takes Eve and Olivia out for a girls' night, Frasier, Alan and Freddy are upset that they have to watch Eve's baby instead of meeting women. However, their evening changes when they realize that a baby just might be the perfect icebreaker.

• Thanks 1

I really wish the show were better, but it's just so mediocre. It's just a downer. I don't hate it, but also don't know why I'm still watching.

The opening with Roz was so clunky and abrupt, like they had to cut off the opening scene in the office for time (but could have just had Frasier cover it in exposition at the start of the next scene before she arrived).

• Like 6

I guess this was their attempt to humanize Alan? If so, it didn't work for me. Hearing about how he was apparently a crappy husband and father, in addition to being a crappy professor and friend, didn't endear him to me.

(Also, can they please give Alan a different haircut already?)

I didn't care for Roz in this episode, either. If she felt so strongly that Eve should have a night off, she should have volunteered to take care of the baby. And then she's doling out punishments at the end? Mind your own business, Roz.

Also, are we supposed to think that John hasn't been taking care of the baby? I thought she moved in with him so that they could raise the baby together. What's he been doing all this time?

• Like 3

I liked the episode. Roz was visting, so I get where she might think it'd be easier for the people who actually spend a lot of time with the baby should help out in caring for it. Yes, she wanted Eve to have a night off, but she also wanted a girls' night out to have some fun while she was in the city. I enjoyed seeing Roz, Eve, and Olivia hanging out together, I'd be all for more scenes with the three of them doing whatever. 

Alan hissing at the baby made me laugh. And I liked his talk with Frasier at the end, too. 

Aso got a kick out of Terry - the actor playing him also popped up on "Ghosts", so it was fun to see him on another show I watch. He was like an even more awkward version of his character on "Ghosts" - the whole back and forth between him and the three women was fun. 

Yeah. I dunno, I enjoyed this one. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Also, are we supposed to think that John hasn't been taking care of the baby? I thought she moved in with him so that they could raise the baby together. What's he been doing all this time?

You mean Freddie?  John is the baby's name.  And yes, he was helping out, but maybe he's taken a step back now.  Finding attractive women with tickets to Fenway takes time, you know.

I'm glad Eve at least acknowledged how sweet of a deal her rent-free arrangement is.  If she was paying the fair market price then she'd be broke in no time.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Aso got a kick out of Terry - the actor playing him also popped up on "Ghosts", so it was fun to see him on another show I watch. He was like an even more awkward version of his character on "Ghosts" - the whole back and forth between him and the three women was fun. 

I also liked Terry. I might go back and pick up his number, just in case I need a new above ground pool heater. 

Remind me who he was on Ghosts?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I also liked Terry. I might go back and pick up his number, just in case I need a new above ground pool heater. 

Remind me who he was on Ghosts?

He played Eric, the guy that Jay's sister Bela brought with her when she visited Sam and Jay for Christmas, and ever since the events of that episode, Bela and Eric have been a couple. 

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, baldryanr said:

I'm glad Eve at least acknowledged how sweet of a deal her rent-free arrangement is.  If she was paying the fair market price then she'd be broke in no time

I appreciated that her throwaway line —and really the whole plot — pointed out how expensive childcare and housing are. 

I didn’t care for the first 2 episodes this season, but this one was better.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I didn’t care for the first 2 episodes this season, but this one was better.

I thought it was better too. I actually had a few laughs. But it's sad that I think it was better when I still agree with much of what was said above about the too-abrupt and clunky intro of Roz and the attempt to humanize Alan, which didn't really work.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, LindaT said:

Freddie isn't the Father and neither of those men have a responsibility to help take care of the baby. 

True but it made me think of that Original Frasier episode where Niles takes care of a 5 lb. bag of sugar for a week to simulate what it would be like to be a father. Now THAT was great comedy thanks to him!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

True but it made me think of that Original Frasier episode where Niles takes care of a 5 lb. bag of sugar for a week to simulate what it would be like to be a father. Now THAT was great comedy thanks to him!

Daphne: A dingo ate your baby. 😅

• LOL 1
23 hours ago, LindaT said:

Freddie isn't the Father and neither of those men have a responsibility to help take care of the baby. 

Nope. And she pays no rent, which frees up some theoretical childcare funds. Who watches the baby when she is at the bar? 

18 hours ago, Affogato said:

Nope. And she pays no rent, which frees up some theoretical childcare funds. Who watches the baby when she is at the bar? 

I think a babysitter was mentioned. 
I would think she would get a lot of tips at the bar if tipping is practiced there, and if it's not divided among the employees equally, as some places do.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I think a babysitter was mentioned. 
I would think she would get a lot of tips at the bar if tipping is practiced there, and if it's not divided among the employees equally, as some places do.

Oddly I would think David might babysit and do an okay job of it. 

• Like 2
On 10/5/2024 at 6:15 PM, LindaT said:

No but in Freddie's case, he was introduced as someone who opted to take on the responsibility of someone who planned on taking care of Eve and her baby in honor of his recently deceased best friend. 

He isn't ultimately responsible for the baby but I don't think it's unfair to have some expectations that he should be able to do the basics with the baby at this point. That's the part I liked the least about this episode.  Not wanting to babysit at the last minute?  Totally fair for them to be less than enthusiastic about that part.  Acting like they've never held a baby before?  Only Alan should get a pass on that. 

1 hour ago, Affogato said:

Oddly I would think David might babysit and do an okay job of it. 

As we saw, he did. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

No but in Freddie's case, he was introduced as someone who opted to take on the responsibility of someone who planned on taking care of Eve and her baby in honor of his recently deceased best friend. 

He isn't ultimately responsible for the baby but I don't think it's unfair to have some expectations that he should be able to do the basics with the baby at this point. That's the part I liked the least about this episode.  Not wanting to babysit at the last minute?  Totally fair for them to be less than enthusiastic about that part.  Acting like they've never held a baby before?  Only Alan should get a pass on that. 

As we saw, he did. 

I’m afrid I found Alan so cringy I bailed. I will try to go back and watch the ending. 

I was so excited to see Roz, but this episode was beyond unfunny.  

I know Roz guest starred last season, but I didn't buy she was so familiar with this new cast already.  I didn't feel any chemistry between Roz and any of them.

She was also rather unlikeable pushing babysitting on the guys when they already had plans that night.

None of the jokes worked, and neither did the emotional component.  Alan has no redeeming qualities as a character, so I couldn't care less about the story about his daughter being pregnant.  Though I think the only line I laughed at was uttered by him.  

• Like 1

There is no chemistry with this cast. Kelsey Grammar is carrying the show. I’m not entirely sure what the point was in Roz returning because the actress looks like she wants to be anywhere else. 

Freddie I think is slightly better this year.

The limited appearances by David makes me think that the writers also find  the actor and character as weak as the audience do.

I want to like this show I really do but bar Frasier the characters are so generic. Their personality changes depending on what punchlines is lined up next.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

There is no chemistry with this cast. Kelsey Grammar is carrying the show. I’m not entirely sure what the point was in Roz returning because the actress looks like she wants to be anywhere else. 

Freddie I think is slightly better this year.

The limited appearances by David makes me think that the writers also find  the actor and character as weak as the audience do.

I want to like this show I really do but bar Frasier the characters are so generic. Their personality changes depending on what punchlines is lined up next.

I agree with this. The original show was able to lean on Frasier's job and the people at the radio station for many plots and gags. There is very little time spent on anyone's jobs so the show is basically flat without real stories or progressions. Firehouse stories would be great on this show but they would have to have Frasier not in at least 1 or 2 scenes. Something they don't seem to want to do.