Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E10: Catwalks & Catfights

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 9/14/2024 at 7:03 PM, ladle1 said:

Hmm, interesting. I don't know that I would put either Heather or Vicki in the "mean" category, per se.

Heather can be condescending, elitist, pretentious, haughty, and clueless in a Rich White Woman way, but I don't see her as mean, per se. 

Vicki... where to even begin? Narcissist, delusions of grandeur, often doesn't take other people's feelings into account, perpetual victim... but I don't really see her as "mean," either. 

I used to really like Emily, but she's slipped further and further into "mean" as the seasons have progressed, which is disappointing.

Yes, without Alexis on the show every episode would be about Shannon’s DUI, and her not taking any accountability. She already said the DUI was a one time incident (because she is not an alcoholic). She constantly drinks on the show which is not a good look. She also fought (via her lawyers and her connections) to keep her driver's license. Justin Timberlake who had a DUI in Sag Harbor had his license suspended. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

This still doesn’t make sense-he always could talk about Shannon as much as he wanted. Suing her for money to stop her from talking about him is pointless. She can pay the money and still talk about him. He’d have to sue her for libel, not for repayment of a loan. 

The second he said that he was not settling even about the whole amount because of the non-disparagement clause, she started changing her story from literally the previous episode to the current one. That she paid for only during half of their relationship, and not all. Who knows what else she said that was not exactly true.

On 9/14/2024 at 1:39 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I saw a clip of I think WWHL where Alexis claims that Johnny J offered to pay her salary if she didn't go on RH, then offered to pay double the salary if she didn't go on the show. Does anyone really believe that Alexis would do anything Johnny J did not want her to do? And of course Alexis blamed the fact that the fans hate her on the edit she is being given. Publicity shy Janssen was in the audience. Because, of course, he hates all the attention. Lol.

Another article I read had 100 percent of the people commenting  on Shannon's side. Two of the comments made me chuckle. One called Janssen a HW groupie, and my fav comment referred to Janssen as a "Slade Smiley wannabe". Priceless. 

John Janssen was on WWHL, but he never gave any interviews, etc. otherwise. He only released a statement after Shannon said on the show he didn't anything for her after her DUI.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
On 9/14/2024 at 7:03 PM, ladle1 said:

Hmm, interesting. I don't know that I would put either Heather or Vicki in the "mean" category, per se.

Heather can be condescending, elitist, pretentious, haughty, and clueless in a Rich White Woman way, but I don't see her as mean, per se. 

Vicki... where to even begin? Narcissist, delusions of grandeur, often doesn't take other people's feelings into account, perpetual victim... but I don't really see her as "mean," either. 

I used to really like Emily, but she's slipped further and further into "mean" as the seasons have progressed, which is disappointing.

Vicki is not mean? She was mean to every new cast member for no particular reason because they were new, and she was an OG. She was mean to her daughter and Tamra regarding Brooks. She was part of a cancer scam, and she spread false rumors about all the women who exposed it (Heather's husband killed people during surgery, Tamra's husband was gay), or she outed along her brother and his girlfriend Shannon’s husband's affair at Tamra’s christening, and told Meghan her husband was going to divorce her at a party.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 9/14/2024 at 7:33 PM, JenE4 said:

All of these fights are very confusing to me. So thank you, @dmeets for bringing some clarity to whether Gina told or didn’t tell Katie to tell Heather yadda-yadda-yadda. Now someone explain Johnny J next, please. If the crux of not accepting full payment from Shannon is in this non-disparagement clause or whatever it is because he doesn’t want Shannon talking about him on TV, then why did he wait until she was filming the show to file the lawsuit and, moreover, have/allow his new girlfriend to constantly tell everyone every detail of the lawsuit on this television show? I mean, maybe I’m answering my own question here that he just wants to humiliate Shannon on television, but he obviously is not trying to keep his name out of the limelight here. At this rate, he might as well go to Disneyland and call up Katie’s friend who is apparently the paparazzi union president or whatever role is in charge of all of the paparazzi.

It's because Alexis joined the show, and Shannon started discussing his supposed shortcomings on the show (I assume because she was angry they were together). He threatened to sue after she did it, and he eventually did it. He gave her the money in 2022, but he didn't ask, or press her until now. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 9/14/2024 at 10:43 PM, bravofan27 said:

I don't think you can sue someone for talking about you-- I mean, I guess you could, but you would have to prove that it caused emotional distress, or it was defamation, and you can prove it wasn't true (in both cases). I don't think, if what Shannon says is true, John has a case. But I'm not a civil attorney.

If you could sue for emotional distress, I would think it would be Sidney. She's been very clear that her mother talking about her on the show is extremely stressful and she has asked her not too many times and Tamra still does, saying, "But I'm on a realty show and I have too!"

You can sue someone for slandering you, so John can sue Shannon. She already admitted that she paid for half the duration of their relationship, not all of it like she was claiming until the previous episode. I wonder what else she claimed is not exactly true. He said that they both contributed to the common expenses during their relationship. 

No respectable court would ever consider Tamra's mentioning her daughter not talking to her once every season (or not even every season) as "emotional abuse".  

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
On 9/14/2024 at 10:52 PM, bravofan27 said:

Maybe if Heather had a child with an eating disorder, she would be more sensitive to Emily and aware of the how toxic diet culture is and her role in promoting it without realizing. Emily has lost weight for sure, but she is still a larger person. Heather is rail thin-- her kids though all seem to be normal weight and definitely don't look like they are obsessed with the gym and dieting. 

Also, making it clear I do not wish an eating disorder on anyone. Just a musing or thought I had, not a wish. 

Also, season 15 was when John was introduced and they seemed happy together together. I actually think he completely using Alexis to be on the show and hurt Shannon, I don't know why, but IMO, if Alexis is not on the show next season, I think John will dump her. It seems weird that he is madly in love with someone that he just met, and who, when he met, was on the schedule to be on the show. 

Something happened with Shannon that John is pissed, OR he was on the show because he loves the fame but just couldn't handle Shannon anymore. Or perhaps both. Who knows, but it's definitely not true love with him and Alexis. Not at all-- don't buy it for a minute. 

John didn't want to appear on the show with Shannon. She kind of forced it (I assume in order to have a storyline), and he appeared minimally. Alexis was not signed to be on the show when she met John. 

On 9/15/2024 at 7:55 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I know it's fake, didn't he buy her promise ring (and btw, what adult buys or talks about a ring as a promise ring?), from Pandora or some other store like that?

If I were so much in love with my new guy and I saw how litigious he was I would think twice about him and I would keep a financial journal to cover my ass!

The ring was a Van Cleef & Arpels ring, not from Pandora. 

Nobody is "litigious" with one known lawsuit. 

On 9/15/2024 at 12:55 PM, ladle1 said:

So, did JJ start dating Alexis *after* she was slated to come back onto the show, or did the show bring her back *because* she was dating JJ and they knew it would spark drama?

They met before she was asked to join the show.

(edited)
On 9/15/2024 at 1:58 PM, bravofan27 said:

It was a promised ring. LOL. The "d" is representing a covenant between them  and God. It's a conduit. LOL. Even Alexis didn't know what the "d" really meant. 

Alexis was very very smart to not let John "pay her salary" to stay off the show. I wonder if he borrowed the money to give to Shannon, declared bankruptcy, got the debt wiped out, and is going to pocket the cash from Shannon. He seems like a con artist. He probably saw paying Alexis's salary (DOUBLE!) as a great way to get more cash. It seems pretty obvious that he isn't that rich. 

From what Alexis said, they met a month before they started filming. The met after she already knew she would be on the show. 

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/alexis-bellino-john-janssen-relationship-timeline

Alexis Bellino Was in Talks with RHOC Production Prior to Meeting John Janssen

Alexis clarified that while her and John's relationship did coincide with her return to RHOC, she was already "speaking to production" before she met him that fateful night. 

Up until that point, she said she had been planning to introduce viewers to "the single Alexis, 'cause I've always been the Christian wife doting on her husband and her three kids."

"So, you know, unfortunately — but fortunately — John and I met and it took a whole different turn," Alexis added. "But it was definitely in the works prior to John and I."

The salary of a "Friend" of a HW is minimal. Even a first year HW makes very little. 

Shannon said on the show (this episode) that John sold his share at a company he worked as an executive, and that he was quite well-off. He doesn’t need the money he gave to Shannon. He also owns a house at a pricey Newport Beach (which is pricey to begin with) area. I assume that is why Shannon was with him originally. 

On 9/15/2024 at 6:38 PM, Feline Goddess said:

I totally believe that Shannon was picking up the tab for most of her relationship with John Janssen - because she was desperate enough for attention after what David put her through. And John Janssen took advantage of that.  I also believe he's now using Alexis to hurt Shannon. 

Alexis talking about having sex with Johnny J four times a day isn't inspiring jealously in anyone. He's gross. He looks like the kind of loser who hangs around the bar hoping some woman (any woman) gets smashed enough to go home with him. But of course Alexis was with Jim Bellino who's also nasty, so apparently  she has low standards. At the height of her Jesus Jugs phase she could've been some old geezer's trophy wife, but she waited too long to ditch Jim and now that ship has sailed. 

Alexis was with another young (a few years younger than her), attractive guy after her separation from Jim Bellino until she met Johnny J. 

Edited by ZettaK
(edited)
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Hold it - if she WON, she could have filed a memorandum of costs asking that Taliban Jim repay her reasonable attorneys' fees and even certain court costs.  Unless, of course, the $300,000 was the amount she wasn't reimbursed.  Anyone know?

The case against her was dismissed after appeals. She was supposed to receive $220,000 (or about) in attorney fees (a court doesn't normally accepts all the attorney fees a person submits, but reasonable ones as you mentioned), and not any court fees, as far as I remember. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

aying that somebody's doesn't pay for anything is worse than asking somebody to get out of the car from the driver's side.

I disagree.  He didn’t ask Shannon to climb over to the drivers side; he purposely parked without letting her out first and told her that’s how she had to get out.  Honestly, if a man, any man did that to me it would be the last time I invited him anywhere.  And this was just one time we saw him treat her this way.  I doubt it was an isolated incident.  

But then I believe her that she paid for everything at least most of the time too. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Justin Timberlake who had a DUI in Sag Harbor had his license suspended. 

My son got a DUI (pulled over, thank goodness - no injury or property damage).  He lost his license for a year, had to pay a fine of $2500, and had to perform 100 hours of community service.  When he got his license back, he had to get an SR-22 and insurance.  Insurance required him to get the breathalyzer.  I've had friends get DUI's over the years - NO ONE I know got that sweet little deal Shannon got.  All of them lost their license for a year.  And this is the same state, California.  But then, I've seen these crappy celebrities treated with kid gloves in the L.A. courts for the same offenses we everyday schmoes get nailed for.  

12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

He gave her the money in 2022, but he didn't ask, or press her until now. 

Haha.  Judge Judy would be asking him outright to show where he asked for repayment in the previous two years.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 9/12/2024 at 6:19 PM, Pi237 said:

Shannon was probably hungover. 

If you are referring to her sniffing the grass, Shannon looked like she was hungover yet still drunk.  Is that possible?? THAT is not the face of someone without a drinking problem. You'd think with how vain these women all are, they would NOT drink.  She is aging herself in double time. Her lack of self awareness with coming in late and then coughing during the meditation type event is boggling. I do hate the way Tamra and Alexis keep poking the bear.  But I also hate how each episode becomes the Shannon show.

• Like 5
On 9/13/2024 at 6:56 PM, ZettaK said:

John Janssen doesn’t want the money. He wants Shannon to stop talking negatively about him. Shannon immediately after she found out there were Ring videos changed her story from "I paid for everything during all the years of our relationship" to "I paid for two years", about half the duration of the relationship. 

All of them reveal information that was discussed on or off the show. 

That is what is funny.  I don't like Johnny J but SHANNON is the one making disparaging remarks. I wouldn't sign it either.

• Like 3
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That is what is funny.  I don't like Johnny J but SHANNON is the one making disparaging remarks. I wouldn't sign it either.

Yeah. I think both of them are nuts and incredibly damaged people. Shannon has this tendency to say things that aren’t exactly disparaging John but are heavily coded to imply (purposefully or not) he’s pretty bad. Things like “we have normal fights that paralyze me” or running off camera screaming “John is very private! He will be so upset!” She hasn’t said anything really about him but she’s sure made him look like a piece of shit on tv. In order for John to put these things in context he might have to say some stuff about Shannon that’s not flattering and might not be able to without breaking the agreement. I’m not saying John is the victim here. I think he was a piece of shit. But without seeing the exact terms of the non disparagement agreement, I’m going to hold off judgment on how reasonable Shannon is being. I don’t think I could even be friends with Shannon, John, or Alexis. They all seem awful and selfish and immature.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 7
(edited)
On 9/13/2024 at 7:54 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I think whats triggering me so much about this is I see so much of what my mother did being reflected back IN Shannon ... and i just cant take it

Totally get it!  Shannon's personality and how she treats people is exactly the way an old coworker was. Narcissistic, victim mentality, mean streak, always put upon and exhausting.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If you are referring to her sniffing the grass, Shannon looked like she was hungover yet still drunk.  Is that possible?? 

Yes. When she came in stumbling with no makeup, she did look still drunk. I thought the others would be shocked at her appearance, but they brushed it off. It wasn’t just that she didn’t have glam done, she looked completely out of sorts.  

• Like 4
(edited)

Given how petty BOTH Shannon and Johnny J are being, I'm surprised they aren't having receipt war. It seems like they both had their own homes and cars, took care of their own kids. I think they should both just let it go. No one has said anything that terrible about the other. Saying you paid for everything-- that's easy to prove or not prove if it goes that far. I can see it's frustrating and annoying, emasculating, but not IMO, something to see for. He could do a cyst and detest maybe?  

DUI laws very vastly from state to state. Like in Maryland, a DUI is automatically expunged from your record after 5 years. In Minnesota, it's nearly impossible to ever expunge a DUI. Some are mandatory jailtime, others you go home that night with your clothes still on. (First time offenses). Vastly different DUI laws state to state. No federal guidelines.

https://dui.drivinglaws.org/resources/state-dui-laws.htm

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Yes. When she came in stumbling with no makeup, she did look still drunk. I thought the others would be shocked at her appearance, but they brushed it off. It wasn’t just that she didn’t have glam done, she looked completely out of sorts.  

She definitely looked like she had just rolled out of bed. I think she was a lot of things (hungover being one), but she also was sick-- coughing and what not. She might have taken some NyQuil or similar too which didn't help.

Who knows. She definitely was having a rough "morning." 

In quotes because it was like 1PM. LOL. 

• Like 6
41 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Right now (5 pm EDT, Thursday) Bravo is airing the Below Deck episode featuring Alexis and What’s-His-Name. This was filmed just after she lost her religion, apparently.

lol…I’m watching that too. The poor deck crew is so over all her PDA with the new boyfriend (who didn’t last). 

• Like 3

Getting caught up.

*If Tamra actually stuck her finger up Emily’s behind…sorry, but that is WAY over the line and is assault, no matter if it’s a “joke”. “Friends” don’t do that to “friends”.

Not funny. I’ve seen a lot of gross shit on all these shows, but this is at the top of the list.

Tamra is a POX.

*Memo to Katie. Don’t attempt to apologize to the queen. Never ends well.

*Emily looks great. She looks real. I’m always afraid of body dysmorphia with her. 

*When are these dummies going to realize that 99.9% of the beefs among themselves are instigated by Tamra? The woman has always lived to start shit, then sit back and act amazed when it hits the fan.

*I’m really curious to know what Jim Bellino, asshole that he is, thinks about Miles.

*Who dresses Gina? Srsly. Her working for the Altmans…🤣🤣🤣🤣.

*”Everyone’s your friend. Everyone loves you. Everyone supports you.” 🤣🤣🤣.

*Y’all STOP. 🤣🤣🤣.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Getting caught up.

*If Tamra actually stuck her finger up Emily’s behind…sorry, but that is WAY over the line and is assault, no matter if it’s a “joke”. “Friends” don’t do that to “friends”.

Not funny. I’ve seen a lot of gross shit on all these shows, but this is at the top of the list.

Tamra is a POX.

*Memo to Katie. Don’t attempt to apologize to the queen. Never ends well.

*Emily looks great. She looks real. I’m always afraid of body dysmorphia with her. 

*When are these dummies going to realize that 99.9% of the beefs among themselves are instigated by Tamra? The woman has always lived to start shit, then sit back and act amazed when it hits the fan.

*I’m really curious to know what Jim Bellino, asshole that he is, thinks about Miles.

*”Everyone’s your friend. Everyone loves you. Everyone supports you.” 🤣🤣🤣.

*Y’all STOP. 🤣🤣🤣.

I don't even want medical personnel sticking their finger up my behind! Who the fuck would even think of doing that to a workmate? HR would like to have a word. Because friends or not, that was at work. And EW! 

Tamra is repellent in so many ways. I think we all would be ok if the hysteria (and butt exploring) were stopped.  Casual disagreements and pettiness is fine. I live for that. But week after week lines seem to be pushed. I also don't like to see people blow up their lives.

Emily has a larger frame and will never look like the other women. She looks FABULOUS and can only do so much to change her natural body shape! Curvy but in no way overweight. I just really wish she would leave her face alone. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't even want medical personnel sticking their finger up my behind! Who the fuck would even think of doing that to a workmate? HR would like to have a word. Because friends or not, that was at work. And EW! 

Tamra is repellent in so many ways. I think we all would be ok if the hysteria (and butt exploring) were stopped.  Casual disagreements and pettiness is fine. I live for that. But week after week lines seem to be pushed. I also don't like to see people blow up their lives.

Emily has a larger frame and will never look like the other women. She looks FABULOUS and can only do so much to change her natural body shape! Curvy but in no way overweight. I just really wish she would leave her face alone. 

There have been cases where people have done similar “as a joke” and wound up criminally charged. It’s not a joke. It’s violent. Bravo has been complicit in showing a lot of shit, and it keeps pushing the envelope and a creature like Tamra is all too happy to oblige.

It’s tragic what some women do to their faces, and it was also refreshing to see Heather looking natural with the facial lines when she and Shannon were talking before the makeup session and the dinner.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 9/16/2024 at 10:49 PM, ZettaK said:

The second he said that he was not settling even about the whole amount because of the non-disparagement clause, she started changing her story from literally the previous episode to the current one. That she paid for only during half of their relationship, and not all. Who knows what else she said that was not exactly true.

Just because she’s saying now, while trying to put an end to a lawsuit doesn’t make it true. JJ is a shady motherfkr. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 6
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I wonder if Emily would have more body confidence if she weren't surrounded by tiny women like Tamra, Heather, etc. Shane has said she's beautiful period, but even if he builds her up, he is a little guy. I am 5'7" and around 110 or so. Despite being slight, because I'm tall and have hips and a butt, I don't think I could be with a Marc Anthony tiny guy because I'd still feel like a big girl. Emily is a knockout, and I think she'd probably feel better about her body if she lived somewhere other than the OC, which seems full of size 0 women.  

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if Emily would have more body confidence if she weren't surrounded by tiny women like Tamra, Heather, etc. Shane has said she's beautiful period, but even if he builds her up, he is a little guy. I am 5'7" and around 110 or so. Despite being slight, because I'm tall and have hips and a butt, I don't think I could be with a Marc Anthony tiny guy because I'd still feel like a big girl. Emily is a knockout, and I think she'd probably feel better about her body if she lived somewhere other than the OC, which seems full of size 0 women.  

I think you are correct!  

• Like 4
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

She would be normal and an envy outside of  her environment 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

I really like Katie's 1:1 conversations with her daughter. They seem truly very close and have a great chemistry and connection.

I wonder if Tamra is ramping up the raunch this season as FU to Simon and/or Sidney, both who are critical of her being "embarrassing" on realty TV. Simon was always scolding her and rolling her eyes when she made raunchy comments/jokes when they were married, and at one time I heard a rumor he lost his job because of how Tamra presented herself on TV. She tried a lot of times to please him at first-- having the "naked wasted party" (which was supposed to be 1st class etiquette training for Tamra), kicking out Ryan, befriending Alexis and Jim who were fundamental Christian, then getting baptized and there was a season, maybe 2, where she was nice and sort of kind to people. 

• Like 1
On 9/17/2024 at 12:13 AM, Cosmocrush said:

I disagree.  He didn’t ask Shannon to climb over to the drivers side; he purposely parked without letting her out first and told her that’s how she had to get out.  Honestly, if a man, any man did that to me it would be the last time I invited him anywhere.  And this was just one time we saw him treat her this way.  I doubt it was an isolated incident.  

But then I believe her that she paid for everything at least most of the time too. 

I don't think that Johnny J is a victim, but Shannon herself took back that she paid all the time. Immediately after she found out there were Ring videos, it became half of the duration of their relationship (and it might become less soon). I think that she didn't like he was well-off (she said herself he was in the last episode), and he didn't pay for all the expensive dinners, hotels, etc. But some men don't care about those. It seems he cares about playing golf, and sailing in his boat. I didn't like that she saw the photos of him wearing the Ferragamo shoes, and she said that he didn't know half of those designers before she met him. It was a put down. 

Edited by ZettaK
On 9/17/2024 at 5:18 PM, Pi237 said:

I felt sorry for her. That's why she shouldn't be on this season. Filming started about three months after the DUI. 

On 9/19/2024 at 6:23 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Heather said "but Gina works for another real estate company", as if realtors can't move from one company to another. And, yes, Gina could have had this in mind, and Heather's connection to the Altmans could have been beneficial.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I really like Katie's 1:1 conversations with her daughter. They seem truly very close and have a great chemistry and connection.

I wonder if Tamra is ramping up the raunch this season as FU to Simon and/or Sidney, both who are critical of her being "embarrassing" on realty TV. Simon was always scolding her and rolling her eyes when she made raunchy comments/jokes when they were married, and at one time I heard a rumor he lost his job because of how Tamra presented herself on TV. She tried a lot of times to please him at first-- having the "naked wasted party" (which was supposed to be 1st class etiquette training for Tamra), kicking out Ryan, befriending Alexis and Jim who were fundamental Christian, then getting baptized and there was a season, maybe 2, where she was nice and sort of kind to people. 

I think you have a point about Tamra acting over the top this season to "show" Simon and perhaps Sidney, as well. It seems Sidney was at Sophia's high school graduation (the sisters finally started communicating), she was friendly to Tamra, but then she stopped answering her texts/ghosted her. Filming for this season started after that.

I think that the rumors were about Simon hitting on female customers at Fletcher Jones (which is still in Newport Beach). 

Edited by ZettaK

I don't think Shannon can claim she does not owe Johnny Jerk money because she paid for dinners, trips, shoes what have you...I think it would be easier to claim if she paid his rent, food, car repairs, things like that.  Her choice to pay for trips or dinners, that is a personal choice and certainly not a necessity. Wouldn't her lawyer say something to her about that?

I think that since Alexis would benefit from any monies paid to Johnny Jerk, is really sticking in Shannon's craw. 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't think Shannon can claim she does not owe Johnny Jerk money because she paid for dinners, trips, shoes what have you...I think it would be easier to claim if she paid his rent, food, car repairs, things like that.  Her choice to pay for trips or dinners, that is a personal choice and certainly not a necessity. Wouldn't her lawyer say something to her about that?

I think that since Alexis would benefit from any monies paid to Johnny Jerk, is really sticking in Shannon's craw. 

Right? Was she keeping spreadsheets?

This is so ridiculous and reinforces the theory that these women are desperate to have a man in their lives. 

It must have bothered Shannon that she was paying for so much, because she complained about it to the other HWs in her drunk dial phone calls. She said they had arguments that paralyzed her. Why would anyone want to stay in a relationship like that? 

And who borrows $75K and doesn't expect to have to pay it back? If I felt the need to borrow that much money, it would not be for cosmetic procedures. I am really stunned and appalled by the lack of financial awareness of these women

• Applause 2

Is $75,000 really that much for them, though? For my area, that’s a good yearly salary, on the high end of what the average wage is here. But for the OC, it’s a kids birthday party. Odd that Shannon wouldn’t have that much available to her. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Odd that Shannon wouldn’t have that much available to her. 

The cast is not paid a standard salary. They are independent contractors and are paid a lump sum each season (1099 vs. W2). They have to set aside money for taxes, healthcare, etc. and if a season is delayed, their money is also delayed. 

That's why you see so many reality TV folks with tax liens, their income from year to year often fluctuates.

I suspect that Shannon wanted a facelift prior to filming and didn't have $75k sitting around. (do facelifts cost $75K or was that a combination of things?) John offered to pay. Whether it was couched as a gift or a loan, who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1