Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E27: Eviction #8

• Start Topic

(edited)

The eighth houseguest and first member of the jury is evicted.  The Talk host Jerry O'Connell steps in for Julie Chen.

Edited by Rodney
10 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Well, I'm happy.  Unlike most here, I actually like or love all of the F8 and would be anywhere from okay to overjoyed with whomever wins.

I don’t think I’d be happy if Cam won. Sweet guy but unless he pulls some legendary 2nd half move, he’s less active than the 🐠 in the tank.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

First up I will gladly say pass me a serving of crow for being wrong about Quinn going on the block. I'll gladly eat it just for the pleasure that he is out of the house and in jury. Couldn't be happier.

Second-Every time I see Jerry wasting his talents I think.... give your fans what they really want...a SLIDERS continuation. With executive producer Trace Torme now dead he's the only one with the juice to make it happen but he better hurry while John Rys Davies is still alive.

Third-If anything tonight really highlights how important Julie is to BB. It's just not the same without her. It was a delicious irony however that for a while houseguests were forced to where masks when meeting her when they were the ones quarantined all summer and guaranteed  not to get it. Now she's the one who gets it.

As for the rest: Angela is not to bright to call out Chelsie BEFORE the veto meeting because she could have blown it and wound up still on the block. Cam meanwhile is veering closer and closer into being immune from getting evicted when it dawns on everyone, he's the one you want in that other chair on finale night because he has ZERO case to make for why he deserves the grand prize.

Are Thursday HOH's gone for good? I thought tonight maybe we would get one. I would rather have seen one over the wasted segment I FF through about some game that ended with Quinn being made to look like the Lord God of Incels everywhere.

Lastly knowing Grodner, the new addition to the house will be her pet ape Jesse decked out in a cardboard box robot outfit.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 8

Whoa, did you see how quickly Makensey ripped that goofy tin foil hat from her head and desperately preened (with help from Rubina) when she saw it was the "dapper" Jerry O'Connell hosting rather than the expected Julie? Then he kind of stumbled through a response to her compliment while voting (the only one he went off script for iirc)... Keep it in yer pants, you two - he's a married man!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I see what you're doing, BB. You need a fill-in host, so you grab the closest person who fits your AI theme, that high-cheekboned marionette Jerry O'Connell. Only the reanimated corpse of Dr. Will could come closer to fulfilling viewer expectations. (And evicted HG Joseph wet dreams, apparently.)

Although I saw it coming, I do feel bad for Quinn.  He was a terrible player, but he was so excited to be in the game that he never realized just how bad he was. All he wanted was to shine as brightly as his favorite players, but he just barely made jury. He screwed up OTEV, missed out on Zingbot, and didn't even get to meet Julie. At least he can still dream of Leah... who will sequester on the other side of the jury house, because without a vote, Quinn will have nothing to offer her. 

If I read my acronyms correctly, the helper AI is named JANKIE. So basically a poor quality, unreliable addition to the game? Sounds about right. Although I could have sworn we already had one of those, and it was called ANGELA.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 16
1 minute ago, Rosebud1970 said:

What, I mean what is the deal with Angela? Does she have pictures of the hamsters with large farm animals? What is the attraction?

[Whines] Why is she still on my TV?

To irritate you, which I'm still enjoying her doing very much.

6 hours ago, Skooma said:

Yes.  They haven't had one on all season and never will again it seems.

Sorry if this turns out to be the case. It denies me the pleasure of hearing and exasperated Julie crying out either "Reset! ______you must reset!" or "I need answers! I must have your answer!"

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I'm kind of hoping that the Ainsley replacement is OTEV as they barely used him and he was quick to call out the players (er, 'house guests').

I thought Jerry did well and I wouldn't mind seeing him again if Julie has to miss again.

• Like 1
(edited)

Jerry has children, yet hosting BB was the best night of his life?  Okie doke.

The more people keep using the veto on Angela, the more she is in danger of getting all of the votes on finale night.  Please, hamsters, just stop saving her.  Can’t wait for her to get home and watch the replay of her telling Chelsie what Chelsie said she did.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 6
10 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Second-Every time I see Jerry wasting his talents I think.... give your fans what they really want...a SLIDERS continuation. With executive producer Trace Torme now dead he's the only one with the juice to make it happen but he better hurry while John Rys Davies is still alive.

YES. YES. YES.

Also, now that I see Quinn was named after O'Connell's Quinn, I'm trying to decide if I need to workshop a new handle...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

If I read my acronyms correctly, the helper AI is named JANKIE. 

Please tell me Jesse and Frankie Grande are about to descend on the house.... 

• Sad 2
  • Angry 2
  • LOL 10
Just now, nickp1991 said:

why didn’t they get arisa cox to host the episode

It sounds like they only had a few hours from when Julie unexpectedly tested Positive this morning to when the show aired. You're not going to have time to contact Arisa Cox or her agent, come to a monetary agreement, fly her in, etc.

Better to just go with someone already on the studio lot that day.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

“Hey Jerry you busy tonight?”

”No, why?”

”Here, read these.  Don’t worry, you won’t have to come up with anything on the fly.”

Also, in the interest of sharing how old I am, my hubby was like “who’s that guy?” and I said “Vern.”

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

It sounds like they only had a few hours from when Julie unexpectedly tested Positive this morning to when the show aired. You're not going to have time to contact Arisa Cox or her agent, come to a monetary agreement, fly her in, etc.

Better to just go with someone already on the studio lot that day.

I was surprised that they got someone from a show that Julie left abruptly and has bad blood with, but I guess Jerry was not there when Julie left so...all is good?

• Like 2