Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E20: Power of Veto #6

• Start Topic

The classic prize/punishment Veto Competition is played.  The Power of Veto can save one of the three nominees.  Tucker continues his role as the AI Instigator.

I groaned when the show started, and it was announced to be 2 hours leaving me with the question what are they going to pad this out with?

Lord love us but we found out:

Two houseguests munching on either ends of a pickle/cucumber whatever it was.

A woman twerking who has no business twerking at all.

A friendzone segment.

Endless segments of mini balls and radiation showers. (If the AI apocalypse does come ironically the houseguests maybe the last survivors depending on how long production keeps them in the dark about the machines taking over.

Anway at least the two hours were redeemed by showing once again Angela is her OWN worst enemy and Tucker, I think we actually saw the real man outside the shower when confronting Angela. He wasn't doing his schtick for once.

The best part of the evening however was the realization that CBS/Grodner are SWEATING BULLETS right now in fear of Mackenzie winning AI. If she does, then they are going to lose at least one of the Golden Gooses providing what little ratings or buzz they have. I'm sure they are desperate neither Angela nor Tucker leave before jury. (This is the last pre-jury boot right?)

If they can find a way to rig it against Mackenzie trust me, they will.

Finally, I want to address Joseph's punishment. Usually, they are inconsequential silliness like Tucker's costume but what they did to him was disturbing and left me uncomfortable. It reminded me too much of how the FBI attempted to drive David Koresh and his Branch Davidians to surrender by shining lights and blasting rock music night after night at the Waco compound.

• Like 9
6 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Finally, I want to address Joseph's punishment. Usually, they are inconsequential silliness like Tucker's costume but what they did to him was disturbing and left me uncomfortable.

Agreed. Angela's punishment also went too far, with the frequent showers. If it were just getting the balls, fine. But with the goop + cold showers? That's literal torture.

Also, shut up, Quinn. You're annoying and cannot be evicted soon enough. Frustratingly, he seems to be playing a decent game right now.

• Like 16
(edited)
12 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Finally, I want to address Joseph's punishment. Usually, they are inconsequential silliness like Tucker's costume but what they did to him was disturbing and left me uncomfortable. It reminded me too much of how the FBI attempted to drive David Koresh and his Branch Davidians to surrender by shining lights and blasting rock music night after night at the Waco compound.

Nonesense.  Not even oranges and apples.  More like oranges and Godzilla.

It was like the time on Season 2 of "The Mole" when some guy had to listen to "Tiny Bubbles" being sung by Don Ho all night long.  Anderson Cooper was really amused with that "punishment" as I recall.  I loved that segment.  And I loved this segment. 

I also loved the Tucker punishment which involved sleep deprivation at some points and lasted all week instead of just 24 hours.  Neither was a big deal.

The only really bad punishment is picking up the damn 1K balls and being shot with cold water a number of times.  That was the only one that wasn't cool.

Meanwhile this season of BB should be re-entitled "Angela Goes Batshit Paranoid Crazy Yet Again."  

Angela has so far gotten herself out of a 8 person alliance early on that would have kept her safe.  She lost her marbles with Matt for some reason I forget by now.  Now she tries to stick a knife in the back of the one person left in the House that was trying to protect her. 

She has to be the worst player in BB history for throwing away all her allies and chances endlessly.  What do you expect, Angela.  Bite the hand that feeds you and betray your whole alliance was somehow a good idea when you were totally safe this week until that stupid, paranoid outburst?

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 7
12 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Gotta disagree; it’s not the punishment that’s significant, but how you use it.  BB8 blasted Dan with disco music nonstop for 24 hours - and not only did Dan NOT crack, he used that time to come up with what may very well be the most impactful strategic move in the entirety of BB history (Dan’s funeral).

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
26 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Tucker’s sense of entitlement is so strong, it could power a nuclear reactor.

A superiority complex is never pretty, but I can see why Tucker is feeling pretty proud of himself.  He's been so adept at winning challenges, he's been comfortable squandering a couple in favor of someone else, plus "America" voted him that Instigator title.  And I personally would have kept the $5k prize instead of swapping with The Hat.

Of course, I may have to remove Big Brother from my dvr if Tucker keeps up the ground glass in my ears of that AI Assist voice.

• Like 4
(edited)

Two notes about Tucker:

1. Dude - I don’t know who talked you into taking speech lessons from the Mushmouth School of Diction, but you need to see if you can get your money back.
  2. Dude (The Sequel) - if you didn’t want to be on the damn Block, you shouldn’t have volunteered to go on the damn Block. T’Kor isn’t to blame for taking you up on your oh-so-generous offer - you are, for making the offer in the first place - so shut up, sit down, and quit your bitchin’.
Edited by Nashville
Correcting fucking autocorrect
  • Like 13
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Why was Tucker allowed to take off his punishment costume to swim and sit in the hot tub? 

I'm not a fan of Angela, and if anyone still thinks there's some sort of psychological screening of these people Angela's participation is clear evidence to the contrary. That said, I did think the punishment was unnecessarily mean spirited. 

On the other hand, the Mattrix seemed custom made for Angela. I can just imagine how dehydrated she would have been bawling her eyes out after spending 24 hours listening to Matt. 

I hope Angela is voted out. I find her exhausting after only an hour of the TV show. I can't imagine living with her 24/7. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Can these people please finally get rid of Angela? Ugh she is just the worst most miserable contestant I’ve seen on this show. She drags down everything with her constant paranoia.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, springbarb said:

Also, shut up, Quinn. You're annoying and cannot be evicted soon enough. Frustratingly, he seems to be playing a decent game right now.

Quinn is safe only because T'Kor is HoH this week.  If anyone else had won it from either side, then he would've been up on the block instead.  He's lucky that T'Kor has some obsession with him that I don't understand, especially after he lied to her for weeks.

• Like 4

Ok...I have seen several commenting on T'Kor's accent but am wondering if she is partially deaf!? Speech impediment!? 

She spunds a bit like a friend of mine eho is partially deaf. 

Maybe she isn't wearing her hearing aid all the time!? 

Sorry if I missed what is actually going on. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Joseph in the Mattrix room made me LOL. He thought he was in solitary, and it would be oh so quiet.

I also LOL when Quinn was talking about Angela's punishment. Karma Angela, Karma. I still don't like that women, she makes 50 look like 80.
I don't like Tkor( or her ever changing accent) , but it's her HOH, Tucker doesn't get to run every HOH. He plays the victim sometimes.
It's a shame Cam is so boring, because he has a great body.
I like Joseph, and I like Mak. The others are pretty damn boring

• Like 1

Angela: "Tucker just tried to plant a whole lot of crazy in my head!"

Me: "But it's such fertile ground!"

As for Joseph's punishment, it did strike me as a bit much, even for this show. (Do we know that it was a constant 24-hour assault, and not just often enough to be REALLY irritating?) That said, it was also pretty damn funny. But OH how I wish it could have been Angela up there enduring Matt's Revenge. I don't know what her mental state would have been at the end, but I'm squeezing out a few Angela-style fake tears for the wasted opportunity.

Does anyone else think Angela is jealous of Rubina, and not just in a game sense?

• Like 11
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Does anyone else think Angela is jealous of Rubina, and not just in a game sense?

That crossed my mind tonight.  She went from gazing adoringly at him a week ago to being afraid Rubina would replace her as his 'favorite.'

• Like 8

I thought the Mattinator was hysterical. I actually LOLed at it.

Angela's punishment on the other hand was cruel. I give her kudos for getting through it. And she did it in less than the allowed time.

Don't understand Tucker's allegiance to.Angela.  He should have turned his back in her when she turned on him.  That girl is batshit crazy.

• Like 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Absolutely....that was the first thing I thought when she started blubbering about Tucker taking Rubina to the end....she sounded like a jealous stalker.

Edited to add: Thinking back on it I feel it was the same with Matt and Mack. Angela appears as if she is a "wanna be cougar" without the chips to back it up and that has to be driving her frustration wishing she had the cred and appeal of someone like Rubina to gain a younger man's attention. Not happening.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Like 6
6 hours ago, mojoween said:

T’Kor mentioned in the first ep that she lived in Georgia (I think) and England as a child, and her accent is a mishmash of that.

At first I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, because she has a very distinctive "New Yawk" thing going on with the way she says "competituh" and "playuh." But . . . Chicago? Georgia? London? Uh, no. I think she's chosen deliberately to speak in a somewhat performative way. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

This season is weirding me out. 

Tucker started out as Evel Dick Jr and over a few weeks has turned into the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets in touch with his feelings. Also, the whole "we can hold hands now whenever we want" to Rubina. Hold hands? Huh. And his devotion to Angela? And being hurt by the actions of his housemates. Is this the same guy from a few weeks ago? What is going on?!

I thought Angela's punishment was pretty easy actually. Much better than the woman who had to score 2,000 goals. Walking eight miles? Cold showers? Getting slimed? I don't see how that's any worse than many other punishments or competitions they've held over the years. Maybe we're into a kinder, gentler era of BB and BB fandom. 

I blame microplastics ;)

I also loved the Mattrix; and also lol'd many times.  

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

I thought Angela's punishment was pretty easy actually. Much better than the woman who had to score 2,000 goals. Walking eight miles? Cold showers? Getting slimed? I don't see how that's any worse than many other punishments or competitions they've held over the years. Maybe we're into a kinder, gentler era of BB and BB fandom.

If she were younger, then yes, it would seem easier.  But that was likely more physically taxing for her due to her being in her fifties.  Age can sometimes be a factor in physical activities.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, Rodney said:

But that was likely more physically taxing for her due to her being in her fifties.

And overweight which makes it doubly hard.  If Angela was 25 years old and 120 lbs, it would have probably been a piece of cake.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Yes, of course things like age and weight can factor in to the level of difficulty. It would have been easier for a younger, fitter person, but that's beside the point. The punishments are not individually tailored -- you get what you get, the luck of the draw.  Compared to other punishments, punishments that any one of them could have received, I did not find this one "cruel".  That's all I'm saying. I don't disagree that Angela, being older and less fit than other housemates, had a harder time, but that's not relevant to the overall evaluation of the difficulty level or the cruel/kind measure of this punishment.

Angela has had an incredibly fair season for someone of her age and fitness level.  Other seasons' competitions were way more physically demanding. She's also behaved like an idiot and has still been saved from the block. All things considered, she's one of the luckiest contestants in BB history!

Edited by Jel
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
16 minutes ago, Jel said:

The punishments are not individually tailored -- you get what you get, the luck of the draw.

Yes, I know that, and believe me, I am not an Angela fan.  I'm hoping she gets the boot tonight since she's my least favorite houseguest.  I'm not saying she should get special treatment, just commenting on what I thought was a rough task for a 50-year-old overweight woman.  

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

If she were younger, then yes, it would seem easier.  But that was likely more physically taxing for her due to her being in her fifties.  Age can sometimes be a factor in physical activities.

Oh, horsefeathers; becoming AARP-eligible doesn’t mean your body’s warranty immediately expires. 50 isn’t that old anymore; I’m in my 60s, and my physical state hasn’t really changed overmuch from my mid-40s.

Any issues Angela had with the comp are personal, not genetically preordained - but after a lifetime of neglect and mismanagement, to expect Angela to suddenly jump up NOW and take ownership of her own personal and/or physical issues would be… unrealistic.  😉

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
26 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Oh, horsefeathers; becoming AARP-eligible doesn’t mean your body’s warranty immediately expires. 50 isn’t that old anymore; I’m in my 60s, and my physical state hasn’t really changed overmuch from my mid-40s.

Any issues Angela had with the comp are personal, not genetically preordained - but after a lifetime of neglect and mismanagement, to expect Angela to suddenly jump up NOW and take ownership of her own personal and/or physical issues would be… unrealistic.  😉

Everybody is AARP eligible & it's well worth joining if only for the discounts that you can get. And it's not expensive.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

At first I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, because she has a very distinctive "New Yawk" thing going on with the way she says "competituh" and "playuh." But . . . Chicago? Georgia? London? Uh, no. I think she's chosen deliberately to speak in a somewhat performative way. 

All I can say on the subject is that - race notwithstanding - I know parts of Atlanta where the moment she opened her mouth and started talking, T’Kor would get her everlovin’ ass kicked to Kansas and back.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
53 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yes, I know that, and believe me, I am not an Angela fan.  I'm hoping she gets the boot tonight since she's my least favorite houseguest.  I'm not saying she should get special treatment, just commenting on what I thought was a rough task for a 50-year-old overweight woman.  

Can we settle on not rough, but rough on her? Agreed it’s harder for her, but the competition itself? Not that bad. Imo. Maybe I have turned mean in my old age!

5 hours ago, Jel said:

Personally if I had to choose between Angela's punishment and Joseph's, I would have chosen Angela's. I just think the optics on Angela's were terrible for the show what with the crying and carrying on. This is something the show thought would be funny for the audience to watch and it sort of backfired on them. I get that they couldn't really change it to something else once it wound up on Angela but they're probably getting some blowback on that.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

For SURE. Her little poolside fangirling - "of course he swims" <swoon> - seemed a little too cutesy, and then her inexplicable refusal to believe his trust in her made it clear (to this certifiable armchair psychiatrist) that she is straight-up jealous of the intimacy Rubina has with Tucker.

The Mattrix was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this show. (Right up there with Paul's "nonononono" finale loss and the saddest flag waving over an apple pie ever.) "Did you know that the letter 'a' does not appear in a number until 'one thousand'? No, really! One, no 'a' there. Two, no 'a'... Eight, now you think that's gonna have an 'a', but guess what? No 'a'!" Holy shit, that's the hardest I've laughed at BB in ages. AI actually made Matt likeable and Joseph mildly interesting!

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

That’s not a New York accent. The way she says words that end in R as “uh” sounds like London.

• Like 1
On 8/28/2024 at 10:28 PM, Skooma said:

It was like the time on Season 2 of "The Mole" when some guy had to listen to "Tiny Bubbles" being sung by Don Ho all night long.  Anderson Cooper was really amused with that "punishment" as I recall.  I loved that segment.  And I loved this segment. 

Not gonna lie, I think about the "Tiny Bubbles" segment from 20+ years ago several times a year. I'd never heard that song before and haven't heard it since.

• Like 1