Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think Sazz is dead. I think of all of the theories I've had over the seasons and none of them were correct (apparently red herrings seem like real clues to me). But I cannot come up with a reason for Sazz to have staged this. 

Now, if she had decided she needed to hide somewhere, then maybe it was her on the text message, trying to move the trio to go to LA, and get involved with the movie. This means there is an injured Sazz somewhere, but I do not think so.

There was a clip in the previouslies for this episode where Sazz was telling Charles that people were wishing he had died on stage instead of Ben. She asked him then if he ever thought he was in danger. It was from Season 3.

I think this murder might be tied back to season 3 the way the murder of Bunny for season 2 was tied back to season 1. Well, I mean, of course, it is, as it took place at the end of season 3, but I still think it's tied to Ben Glenroy in some way.

(How's that for wild and outrageous? 😉)

Edited by cardigirl
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

This show has had some wackadoodle murderers and motives but I'm wondering if Bev Melon staged a murder in the building because she wanted her actors to see our trio in action solving a "murder" as part of their prep. for the movie. The timing of the murder and sudden movie deal were a little close. The fake murder could have been carried out by a group or a single operator which could have included any or all of our current suspects/suspicious people. OR Bev could have had some beef with Sazz and actually had her murdered. Of course I like the former idea better.

I wouldn't have ever guessed that Bev Melon would have anything to do with Sazz's death, but that's why I leave the speculating to you all. I hope Sazz is actually dead (your second theory/scenario) because I think the fake-outs are lazy and not very clever. Solving a real murder is much more interesting than solving an elaborate hoax, imo.

• Like 2

Out of the three 'actors', and they're all great, Longoria is bringing it for me the most. I just like 'my Mabel' because Mabel is so low key and playing off Longoria so, so dour. 

I don't like they're separating the trio again though. I did like the peek into the Westies and the extra clues.

And Perfect Strangers never fails to delight. Neither does grumpy Richard Kind. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, chaifan said:

My comment about "whose benefit" goes to the scenes of Sazz being shot, laying in a pool of blood.  It makes no sense to stage that as part of a "fake murder mystery", because no one saw it.  If you're going to set up a fake murder scene, you'd simply leave behind the evidence of the murder, and go from there. 

But hey, I could be wrong.

I have trouble with that too. 
How about: Charles was supposed to have a security camera recording Sazz getting shot, but it malfunctioned? 
Or: There is such a hidden camera, but it hasn't been found yet? 

But Occam's Razor says it really is Sazz's blood and she was really shot. 
So either she survived and was kidnapped, or not. 🤷🏻‍♀️

4 hours ago, chaifan said:

Yes, and I also said I liked that theory, but it doesn't fit with what we've already seen this season.  I could see Bev Melon staging a fake murder so the actors can follow along and see MC&O in action.  But the viewers seeing Sazz get shot doesn't make sense.

My comment about "whose benefit" goes to the scenes of Sazz being shot, laying in a pool of blood.  It makes no sense to stage that as part of a "fake murder mystery", because no one saw it.  If you're going to set up a fake murder scene, you'd simply leave behind the evidence of the murder, and go from there. 

But hey, I could be wrong.

I guess I'm assuming that they wanted it to be as convincing as possible which it might not be if she weren't laying in a pool of blood making that characteristic pattern on the floor. And the shot didn't have to hit her but they needed a hole in the window made by a bullet at the same time she was supposedly hit by it. I'm thinking whoever was behind it wanted not only to fool our trio but also the police and so in order to do that they had to make it as realistic as possible.

But who knows what might have happened? The shot may have been intended to kill her, but only hurt her so she disappeared anyway because she thought she was in danger and the "killer", who I would presume returned to the scene of the crime and saw her body was gone still may have wanted it to look like she was really dead hence the fake incineration. I really don't know right now how better to explain the "tap" thing written on the floor. It may have been done to make sure "whoever" knew that some specific person was really there, but that could have been done later. I forget now what's been said about that but it seemed like people were thinking Sazz wrote that but how could she have if she just died where she was?

I'm thinking other incidental details that don't fit or make sense now are easy fixes and will make sense in light of new information we don't have yet, which our trio will hopefully uncover.

But like you said, hey, I could be wrong! 

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

But like you said, hey, I could be wrong! 

There is so much going on with these episodes, that even if I went back and watched them several times, I'd probably miss most of the clues!  I like everyone's different theories.  It's fun to try and piece it all together and see what we can come up with! 

As the dogs from the cartoon Two Stupid Dogs once said, "two heads are more than one!!"  😅

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
40 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Yes. It was Charles' apartment. It was dark. Sazz was dressed like Charles. If the target was Sazz, the killer would have to know that Sazz was going to be in the apartment. I don't see how the killer would know that.

I think the likely scenario is that Sazz, who was going to tell Charles something, was shot instead of Charles. By someone who had free run of the apartments through the walkways. Like Jan or an accomplice she had prepped. I feel Jan hates loose ends. The empty apartment may be the place they planned on stashing her while the two of them prepared and made off together. It is possible the people on the westie floor are in on it, paid off in ham or someone is related to Jan. Sazz would not have agreed to killing charles and would want to have warned him, but  Might still have gone off with Jan. Next ep Jan will be hiding in makeup as someone else (maybe). 

anyway, another theory. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I think the likely scenario is that Sazz, who was going to tell Charles something, was shot instead of Charles. By someone who had free run of the apartments through the walkways. Like Jan or an accomplice she had prepped. I feel Jan hates loose ends. The empty apartment may be the place they planned on stashing her while the two of them prepared and made off together. It is possible the people on the westie floor are in on it, paid off in ham or someone is related to Jan. Sazz would not have agreed to killing charles and would want to have warned him, but  Might still have gone off with Jan. Next ep Jan will be hiding in makeup as someone else (maybe). 

anyway, another theory. 

Interesting. This made me wonder if the shot that came through the window was the one that actually hit Sazz. It may have missed her and she may have been shot from behind by someone else. Stranger things have happened. I don't know that I believe anyone would have asked Sazz to kill Charles. If they knew she was his friend I don't know if that would make sense. 

• Like 2

I just watched another show on Hulu, "How to Die Alone," and the second episode featured a Presunto or Iberico ham that was confiscated at the airport. They said the ham was valued at $4000 (an investment ham, ha ha).  I just thought it was interesting in light of the use of the ham in OMITB this season.

Ham is everywhere, especially illegally imported hams! 😁

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Interesting. This made me wonder if the shot that came through the window was the one that actually hit Sazz. It may have missed her and she may have been shot from behind by someone else. Stranger things have happened. I don't know that I believe anyone would have asked Sazz to kill Charles. If they knew she was his friend I don't know if that would make sense. 

I didn’t mean Sazz is going to shoot Charles. I mean that sazz is helping Jan to break out and get out of the country. Then finds out Jan is determined to kill Charles first. Sazz is going to warn Charles before Charles goes back to his apartment and while getting the wine so Charles won’t have to she is killed by mistaken identity. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I didn’t mean Sazz is going to shoot Charles. I mean that sazz is belping Jan to break out and get out of the country. Then finds out Jan is determined to kill Charles first. Sazz is going to warn Charles before Charles goes back to his apartment and while getting the wine so Charles won’t have to she is killed by mistaken identity. 

Oh. When you said "Sazz would never agree to kill Charles" it made me think you thought Jan or someone might have asked her to do it or at least be in on it. But even if that didn't happen, how did she know it might happen? Did someone (Jan?) intentionally tell her or did she get that impression without being told and and then wanted to warn Charles? Would Jan have risked telling her knowing she was friends with Charles and might warn him?

Actually, though I didn't think Sazz had the urgency of someone who needed to warn her friend that they might be a murder target. When she approached Charles she didn't give that impression. If I were going to warn someone about that I wouldn't leave like it's no rush and go get a bottle of wine first, but that's just me. 🤷‍♀️

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

Oh. When you said "Sazz would never agree to kill Charles" it made me think you thought Jan or someone might have asked her to do it or at least be in on it. But even if that didn't happen, how did she know it might happen? Did someone (Jan?) intentionally tell her or did she get that impression without being told and and then wanted to warn Charles? Would Jan have risked telling her knowing she was friends with Charles and might warn him?

Actually, though I didn't think Sazz had the urgency of someone who needed to warn her friend that they might be a murder target. When she approached Charles she didn't give that impression. If I were going to warn someone about that I wouldn't leave like it's no rush and go get a bottle of wine first, but that's just me. 🤷‍♀️

Well, she didn’t want to alarm him and getting the wine meant he was temporarily safe. Of course she may have wanted to simply tell him Jan was breaking out. Jan is batshit. 

If course looking like Charles is literally Sazz’s job….

• Useful 1
Just now, Affogato said:

Well, she didn’t want to alarm him and getting the wine meant he was temporarily safe. Of course she may have wanted to simply tell him Jan was breaking out. Jan is batshit. 

Yes, I think she probably wanted to warn him that Jan was on the loose and maybe she thought he would be in danger if Jan showed up on his doorstep, which she did but she didn't come there to kill him obviously so that's good! I can see her not being as alarmed and in a rush to tell him in that case.

I've never cared about the mysteries, but have watched for whatever amusement value the show contains. The first two episodes of this season made me laugh, and gave me high hopes. But this one was silly and lame. (I.e., a return to form.) Just my opinion, obviously. I'm happy that y'all are enjoying the show.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I'm not a fan of Zach Galifianakis but his voice over was really well done, he sounded very much like Oliver - his inflections and the tone was spot on.
That's my only solid takeaway from this episode. 

Oh, and Kumail was good

• Like 1