Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E24: Tell All: No Limits Part 5

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It really is exhausting. Last week my brother and I took him in for a procedure and we were in Boston ALL DAY. We walked for miles and did errands and had lunch and still had to wait around for an hour when we went to pick him up. I didn't get home till 8 PM. That, my friends, is past my bed time and I was distinctly cranky. (I don't actually go to sleep at that hour but I like to sit up in bed and watch TV in my pillow nest.)

I know how you feel I did all that for my husband too and it is exhausting.  Everything is going to be fine.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? I don't know about you, but one of the things that frosts my ass the most is that I'll get a referral someplace with no regard for my convenience. I don't drive so I need to be able to get places by public transport. No, I am NOT going to Marblehead or Peabody. Find me someone in Salem, please. Sheesh. 

I feel the same way and I drive.  Have a perfectly good hospital network here in Pasadena and my doctor was sending me all over LA.  I was like, “no sir, I only know this set of freeways and I don’t want to get on any of them.”

• Like 3
  • Hugs 5

No Emily, unless you’re suddenly fluent in Spanish, it’s pointless to eavesdrop on Ashley screaming at Manuel. 

Who is that baby voiced blonde who’s going to be on Before? I’m tired of her already 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Why are these people so interested in Gino and Jasmine’s lack of sex. I’m so bored with this idiotic subject that I could scream.

• Like 10
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sophie says she is not fluent in Spanish, that's a lie my friends, she speaks Spanish very well.  So Ashley and Manuel, Sophie was listening to all you were saying in Spanish.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 3
Just now, magemaud said:

Not any kind of expert, but Sophie’s Spanish accent sounds better than Ashley’s to me 

You are absolutely right, Sophie knows more Spanish and speaks it better than Ashley.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Zombness said:

Sophie says she is not fluent in Spanish, that's a lie my friends, she speaks Spanish very well.  So Ashley and Manuel, Sophie was listening to all you were saying in Spanish.

Forgive me but I forget..is she half Español or half Black? I genuinely forget 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I see that TLC is making sure that everyone stays liquored up.

God, the only way I would be able to endure these assholes is drunk. 

2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I like Kobe a lot…he needs a spin off

I think he and Emily could be a very wholesome and amusing show. But they'd have to stay away from Sharp. Matt Sharp can't stand human decency.

2 minutes ago, Gobi said:

Can't Ashley just whip up a magic spell to prepare the documents?

I wonder what she'd have to dip a candle in for navigating bureaucracy? Red tape? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I see that TLC is making sure that everyone stays liquored up.

Wouldn't you drink if you were stuck with these people in one house?? 

• Applause 5
  • LOL 1
(edited)

This is nothing but screaming and cacophony! And again, I must express my distaste for having to read subtitles because Manuel won’t learn English and Ashley indulges him.

Speaking of subtitles … anyone see Monsieur Spade, with Clive Owen as Sam Spade in France? Originally AMC, now on Netflix.

Edited by judylo
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

No, she’s half Black but she was raised in Spain. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I know she lived in Mexico. And yeah, I think she's half black. But I find her so insufferable and dull any information about her leaves my brain at once. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I don't remember, but people that are raised in Europe usually speak more than one language and her Spanish accent is from Spain, not from Latin America.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
Just now, judylo said:

This is nothing but screaming ad cacophony! And again, I must express my distaste for having to read subtitles because Manuel won’t learn English and Ashley indulges him.

Speaking of subtitles … anyone see Monsieur Spade, with Clive Owen as Sam Spade in France? Originally AMC, now on Netflix.

I have it on my list, is it good? Right now I watching "The Almighty Johnsons" again. I've seen it before, but not for several years now. I'm enjoying it just as much as I did before. Great show, so well done. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Not any kind of expert, but Sophie’s Spanish accent sounds better than Ashley’s to me 

Didn't her mom live in Mexico? Maybe they lived there together. 

• Like 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, judylo said:

This is nothing but screaming ad cacophony! And again, I must express my distaste for having to read subtitles because Manuel won’t learn English and Ashley indulges him.

OMG that is on my list….right up my alley…any good?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

She's half black. But I think she's spent some time in Mexico. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, tvrox said:

Didn't her mom live in Mexico? Maybe they lived there together. 

Yes, I’ve heard that they both lived there and Spain. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I have it on my list, is it good? Right now I watching "The Almighty Johnsons" again. I've seen it before, but not for several years now. I'm enjoying it just as much as I did before. Great show, so well done. 

It’s certainly interesting, especially in the beginning, but gets horribly convoluted and incomprehensible. And the last episode is really terrible. Scenery and Clive Owen gorgeous.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2

People, we are going to need more anecdotes! Keep 'em coming! 

I went to the thrift shop on Friday and found my son a pair of brand new, tags still on, Tommy Hilfiger dress pants for about $12. Find of the day. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 3
Just now, Gobi said:

If this was fiction, I would be expecting someone to be tossed off the top of that staircase.

If only! I vote for Ed. I would cheerfully toss him off a staircase. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
3 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

OMG that is on my list….right up!my alley…any good?

Be prepared to be disappointed! But fun along the way. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

People, we are going to need more anecdotes! Keep 'em coming! 

I went to the thrift shop on Friday and found my son a pair of brand new, tags still on, Tommy Hilfiger dress pants for about $12. Find of the day. 

You get the best deals…I wish you lived closer I would invite you for shopping and wine

• Love 3
1 minute ago, judylo said:

It’s certainly interesting, especially in the beginning, but gets horribly convoluted and incomprehensible. And the last episode is really terrible. Scenery and Clive Owen gorgeous.

Good to know. "Death in Paradise" is a new favorite binge around here, ridiculously complicated murders but beautiful scenery and well acted. Houseguest and I will turn it on and barely pay attention to it, because all you really need to watch is the last ten minutes, when the detective unravels the nefarious and wildly confusing crime. But there are funny bits and the supporting cast is very good. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

From an old article 

“Sophie, a mixed-race individual, opened up about her tough experiences being bullied as the only person of color in her Spanish school, but believes these experiences shaped her into the person she is today.”

Her father is Black, from Jamaica and her mother is White from the UK. Claire raised Sophie in Spain but Sophie moved back to England  when she was 16. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

You get the best deals…I wish you lived closer I would invite you for shopping and wine

One of these days either I will get to Toronto (Toronto, right?) or you will come to Salem and this will come to pass. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1