Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E13: Special Episode

• Start Topic

(edited)

Past winners Cody Calafiore (BB22), Taylor Hale (BB24), and Jag Bains (BB25) return to provide a deeper dive into the season's drama.  Ainsley's next twist is revealed.

Edited by Rodney

I see Cory has a wedding ring. I remember in the All Star season him talking about his girlfriend and her illness, and how he wanted to win to help her.

• Useful 1

The scene with Matt eating while Angelanis starting to fall apart reminds me of Bachelor/Bachelorette episodes where the girl is falling apart and the guy is eating.

3 minutes ago, rachel1496 said:

Is this entire episode just a clip show of the last 4 weeks?  

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case.  I'd thought that it was going to show us some extra scenes that hadn't previously been aired.  But apparently not.

3 minutes ago, rachel1496 said:

Is this entire episode just a clip show of the last 4 weeks?  

Maybe; y’all can fill me in on it later - I got important stuff to do, like taking out the trash.

• LOL 5
20 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Maybe; y’all can fill me in on it later - I got important stuff to do, like taking out the trash.

The twist is…….they’ll tell you on Thursday.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 5

I just spent a damn hour waiting for them to announce the twist only for them to announce that they'd announce the twist on Thursday. I'm somewhere between mad at BB and mad at myself for expecting any better. 

• Like 3
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

That "crazy eyes" thing still annoys me. If Matt had called Angela a fat ass, they woulda yanked him out of the house for body shaming.

Had nothing to do with him physically.  Angela thought he was over the top  glaring and eye-rolling and whatnot is all.  There is no such physical or medical condition called "crazy eyes" so she wasn't making fun of a malady so no big deal.  Small potatoes for me.

1 hour ago, rachel1496 said:

The twist is…….they’ll tell you on Thursday.

Well AInsly did tell us it was "AI Instigator" and involved "America" again.  Whoopee ... not.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Skooma said:

Had nothing to do with him physically

She made fun of how his eyes look. Thats by very definition “physical.” He should pointed out that her chin has a chin. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

She made fun of how his eyes look. Thats by very definition “physical.” He should pointed out that her chin has a chin. 

We will agree to disagree because I found his eyes weird too.  It's the way he kept darting him around.  He doesn't have an "eye handicap" or anything.  🤷‍♂️

PS:  Look it up online.  It is slang for someone who seems menacing to another person (probably Angela's pov) or could suddenly act impulsively among other definitions.  Even "mischievous" is a definition.  It is a common slang expression; not a condition.

We have another common expression called "bedroom eyes" that is also not a physical thing.  In this case it refers more to someone who has dreamy or sexy or an amorous look to their eyes to the person saying it.

Edited by Skooma
  • Applause 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Skooma said:

We will agree to disagree because I found his eyes weird too.  It's the way he kept darting him around.  He doesn't have an "eye handicap" or anything. 

Far be it from me to jump into someone else's fight (...nah, I do it all the time) but I'd say you actually just agreed with @JayDub1987. She was commenting on a physical feature of his. And with the way she was mimicking a bug-eyed stare complete with hand goggles, she clearly wasn't referring to his mischievous personality.

You may find the eyes to be a less sensitive topic than, say, weight or scars or any number of other physical features, but it's all in the same category. For all we know, Matt is self-conscious about his "weird" eyes. 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Well I also said it is slang for a menacing look and I thought that was what Angela thought of it.  No different than if she thought his tone of speech seemed menacing. 

Shooting a menacing look at someone -- or someone thought that was going on -- has nothing to do with one's physical eyeballs and since Matt's are completely normal and not orange or 2 feet large or spinning around on his head, it just referred to a glance and nothing physical.

And I never said it was mischievous.  Just that that was one of about a dozen cool expressions you find in the urban dictionary and near the bottom of the list.  I just used it to say crazy eyes is used a lot and in all sorts of ways.  Hell I even heard that expression back when I was a kid pre-urban dictionary days and nobody ever got upset by it.

And Matt wouldn't be self-conscious of his eyes because he has normal eyes.  It's the glances she thought he was shooting at her.

Besides I think crazy eyes is a pretty funny line to even use among friends.

Sorry for the side tract but I'll never ever see a silly phrase as something to shy away from.  And I'm tired of every single word in the English dictionary seemingly being "banned in Boston" as they used to say back in the olden times.  The worst stuff, fine, don't say it.  But it has gone to extremes at this point.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 3

It occurred to me while watching a recap of something that happened last week that when Tucker put the necklace on Angela he said “we have to get the competitors out” and she was so goggle-eyed she didn’t even notice that was actually an insult to her.  Which I’m fine with, but it tickled me that it went right over her head.

• Like 3

I never watch these clip show's. Did they need one already? Usually they wait till the final 3 to do it, and even then I still FF through most of the ep. I watched 5 min for Taylor, but still ended up just FF'ing the rest of it. How is she still single? Taylor, I'm available and would treat you like a queen!

• Love 1

A clip show after three weeks? Joan Rivers once did a clip show after one week, and Clerks famously did a clip show in its second episode, but those were both meant satirically: Here, we were supposed to be enthralled by three weeks of "highlights" (and I use that term loosely except for Angela's classic crazypants rant) of stuff we've seen before.

Big Brother continues to set new and innovative standards for pointless television programming.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

That "crazy eyes" thing still annoys me. If Matt had called Angela a fat ass, they woulda yanked him out of the house for body shaming.

She also took off her glasses and pulled a face. Seeing  this part again, just cemented just how much I loathe this woman. Her fake crying, pulling faces after she's spoken  nicely to someone, she's  a bully.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
18 hours ago, Skooma said:

There is no such physical or medical condition called "crazy eyes" so she wasn't making fun of a malady so no big deal.  Small potatoes for me.

The slang meaning for crazy eyes in my circles is someone who may have a mental illness.   And I think that is what Angela was trying to infer about Matt with her words.   In which case, it was offensive.   

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She was talking about the fact that he was constantly bugging out his eyes.

I never  saw that, mind you, I was busy looking at his beautiful  body. I don't  know how you bug out your eyes anytime  you want. Maybe he was born with the eyes he has.

13 hours ago, Skooma said:

And I'm tired of every single word in the English dictionary seemingly being "banned in Boston" as they used to say back in the olden times.  The worst stuff, fine, don't say it.  But it has gone to extremes at this point.

FWIW, I agree with this. Which is why I think he should’ve told her that she’s fat and annoying. Both are true, but for some reason we can’t say that stuff anymore. He woulda been yanked out of the house, which was the heart of my point. She could insult him physically, and it’s fine. I wish he could have let the truth fly about the queen B(itch). 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

I never  saw that, mind you, I was busy looking at his beautiful  body. I don't  know how you bug out your eyes anytime  you want. Maybe he was born with the eyes he has.

It's pretty easy lol. Brooklyn did it during the veto meeting where Tucker saved Angela. And Matt actually did it during the fight with Angela.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, dancingdreamer said:

I don't  know how you bug out your eyes anytime  you want. Maybe he was born with the eyes he has.

Yes. His eyes bug out a little when he widens them, and they were born that way. It's something that may bother some (I don't know why), may cause some to make fun of (they shouldn't), but is a definite physical trait and Angela was acting like a 2-year-old when she mocked him for it. I would have sent her to bed with no dinner. (Maybe slop.)

32 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Which is why I think he should’ve told her that she’s fat and annoying.

No, he shouldn't. Annoying sure, because that's a reaction, but not fat because that's a physical characteristic. (See above.) Rules should apply across the board.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's pretty easy lol. Brooklyn did it during the veto meeting where Tucker saved Angela. And Matt actually did it during the fight with Angela.

I thought  they rolled their eyes. Oh well, no biggie. Matt still looks good, Angela  doesn't. 

I find everything about Angela fake, the way she puts on that 'poor me' persona and the whimpering voice, childish in a woman her age.  Please get her out of there.  She can dish it but can't take it, and I can't stomach people like that.

5 hours ago, dancingdreamer said:

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2024 at 8:10 PM, Lamb18 said:

I see Cory has a wedding ring. I remember in the All Star season him talking about his girlfriend and her illness, and how he wanted to win to help her.

It says on his instagram that he married his longtime girlfriend in February.  Good for him, that's wonderful! 

• Like 2
(edited)

Clearly, Grodner and CBS were worried their darling (perhaps plant?) Angela would be gone this week, so they scheduled this clip show while she was still relevant.

Of course, this is before Production figured out how to save Angela by (I speculate) switching out the Wall comp (where she would be the first to topple…with a loud thud) for one where she could win HoH and be safe.   But they had already advertised the clip show, so…

(I was going to say that they couldn't reschedule because Jag, Taylor, and Cody wouldn't be able to clear their schedules, but ain't nobody going to buy that, obviously.)

As far as I can tell, the only new scenes were Joseph and T'Kor finalizing their Final 2, as well as Cedric and Chelsie doing the same.  They should go back to putting "NEW SCENE" on the screen so we can stop fast-forwarding and pay attention.  JMO.

ETA: I see that I misremembered and it is actually Kimo who is aligned with T'Keyah, not Joseph.  Which proves how little interest I have in those 2/3rd of "The Visionaries".  I mean, they're doing better than the 3rd person in that alliance, Quinn, whom I actively despise, but still.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Like 1