Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

There was a guy in Utah a few years back who pretended to get into Harvard medical school. They were literally days away from moving to Massachusetts when she found out... and he killed her.

When I worked at Harvard there was a guy who pretended he was a student and actually got some faculty to hire him to do research. I'd busted him once before (I worked in student records) then saw his name in the directory, with a non Harvard number listed. Busted him again. He actually went to my boss (Registrar) and told her he was a "confidential special student" who would be enrolling at our school (Government) and the B school in the fall. When I stopped laughing I told her that was no such thing as a "confidential special student" and that the guy was a fraud. (She was new to registrar-ing. Her staff knew much more than she did. That's a story for another time). Anyway, years later I thought of him and googled him, just for yuks. Found an obituary. Listing him as a Harvard Business School graduate. Fraud to the end. At least he didn't kill anyone. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 1

Joey: I figured since I was spending $500 on tires , I might as well spend another $1700.

Me: I was inordinately thrilled yesterday when I bought 3 (real, 16oz.)pounds of Dunkin’ coffee for $19.99. It’s the little things in life……

1 minute ago, WaltersHair said:

There is a great series called Rectify. Part of the plot revolves around fancy rims, and now I want to watch it all over again.

Loved it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

or you can bitch about it ... says the man that spent 2200 on rims and tires when he has no job ...

That's about what Kim makes in a month, pre-deduction...

True looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy in that outfit...

• Like 2
  • Angry 2
1 minute ago, WaltersHair said:

There is a great series called Rectify. Part of the plot revolves around fancy rims, and now I want to watch it all over again.

Oh, yes, that was a great show. Also about getting out of jail after being falsely convicted. I can't remember how many years..25 maybe? 

This is has absolutely nothing to do with our ex-cons, however 

• Like 3
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

Is it just me or is it this channel?Have commercials really declined in quality? I watch very little commercial TV, so I truly do not know the answer to this. All of these commercials are from drug companies or upcoming TV shows 

Makes me miss Sgt. Baker. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I might have missed something, reading this feed.  Did True just have a quickie while Shonta was trying to catch up to him and then tell her he got lost?

That’s what it seems like to me.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

Is it just me or is it this channel?Have commercials really declined in quality? I watch very little commercial TV, so I truly do not know the answer to this. All of these commercials are from drug companies or upcoming TV shows 

Well, there are makeup ads for ladies of a certain age to make them more luminous...

• LOL 2