Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Pretty sure (hopeful, at least) that they aren't doing transvaginal ultrasounds but are just running a wand across her belly.

No insurance, ergo no OB?

I wonder if this is like the 'veneer techs' that were all over tik tok and didn't have a license to anything close to veneers.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Commercial time. My best friend (college roommate 50 years ago) just broke a metatarsal and will be on crutches and a boot for 8 weeks at least. And it’s her right foot, so no driving. Luckily she has a good husband who will do what she asks, but have any of you experienced something like this? Any suggestions?

• Sad 2
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Dear women of America…there are decent men out there. Why are you hooking up with these losers? 

The idea that Joey is someone a woman can’t get over is…

Edited by Empress1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Pretty sure (hopeful, at least) that they aren't doing transvaginal ultrasounds but are just running a wand across her belly.

No insurance, ergo no OB?

Not only that, but you can't get ultrasounds for the asking as part of prenatal care. You might get them more often if you're high risk, but don't you usually just get one early on, maybe around the 16 week mark? Been a long time since I had a baby. You could go to the strip mall ultrasound place every other day if you wanted, and get dozens of those pictures to post on your Instagram. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Gobi said:

The only people who need closure are real estate agents.

Speaking of, I guess LaTisha isn’t on tonight’s show? Remember the rental property is being sold out from under her because the owner wasn’t paying the mortgage.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Commercial time. My best friend (college roommate 50 years ago) just broke a metatarsal and will be on crutches and a boot for 8 weeks at least. And it’s her right foot, so no driving. Luckily she has a good husband who will do what she asks, but have any of you experienced something like this? Any suggestions?

Is this the same one who got Burning Mouth Syndrome? The poor thing!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Not only that, but you can't get ultrasounds for the asking as part of prenatal care. You might get them more often if you're high risk, but don't you usually just get one early on, maybe around the 16 week mark? Been a long time since I had a baby. You could go to the strip mall ultrasound place every other day if you wanted, and get dozens of those pictures to post on your Instagram. 

I think the first one is routinely at 20 weeks and I think you have to pay out of pocket for a 3D ultrasound? If you want a 3D just for a souvenir, it's probably cheaper to go to a strip mall place than an actual medical establishment.

1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

I thought that she was gay

Wasn't she the one who was married and just divorced?

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Is this the same one who got Burning Mouth Syndrome? The poor thing!

Yes. Good memory. Mostly she’s a hypochondriac (one of her many charms) but this time it’s serious. She lives in rural Vermont. Not like she can wheelchair herself to the market. I did send her one of those knee carts today from Amazon which I think will be a better option than crutches. Plus there won’t be as much wear and tear or collateral damage on her other body parts.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 2
2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think the first one is routinely at 20 weeks and I think you have to pay out of pocket for a 3D ultrasound? If you want a 3D just for a souvenir, it's probably cheaper to go to a strip mall place than an actual medical establishment. 

Right, that makes perfect sense. I'm sure those strip mall places are the fancy 3D kind. I had a lot of ultrasounds because complications, but I certainly didn't get a strip of pictures every time. 

1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

If she takes off the choker, her head falls off. 

This will date me horribly, but there was a weird Lady Frankenstein TV series with Jane Seymour as the  beautiful monster. She always wore a choker to cover the neck scar. If I remember correctly, she was outed by a slip of the choker.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yes. Good memory. Mostly she’s a hypochondriac (one of her many charms) but this time it’s serious. She lives in rural Vermont. Not like she can wheelchair herself to the market. I did send her one of those knee carts today from Amazon which I think will be a better option than crutches. Plus there won’t be as much wear and tear or collateral damage on her other body parts.

Are there any nearby markets that deliver?  That would be ideal for the first several weeks.  Also, meal deliveries might be a possibility.  She should look into a Meals on Wheels type thing.  My single friend had those while recovering from back surgery.  If she is involved in any churches or community centers, they could organize meals for her.

• Like 4