Type keyword(s) to search

Where are YOU watching the Games?

• Start Topic

Thought we could share the best options for TV viewing.

We have Cox and also Peacock (got it fir the Tour abd kept it for the Paris Games). Not sure which option is best or more user friendly. I've already started to DVR the first 3 days though so I don't miss certain things.

How are you watching the Games? Links please!

19 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

Also may check out the CBC and BBC streams if the Peacock stream makes me too mad. 😂

Basically this as well. I often find the Canadian coverage is better.

• Like 1

U.S. channels are NBC, CNBC, Golf Channel (I'm guessing only the golf). E!, USA.  Live and lots of repeats on Peacock.   I can get access free on my internet streaming Spectrum app, and some cell phone companies also have free access.    

(edited)

I watched the Opening Ceremonies live this afternoon on Peacock. I have Xfinity, so Peacock is included for me. I also have a Roku TV, so I can download any entertainment app directly to my TV. I downloaded the NBC Sports app today, which has full live coverage of every event. (Also included with Xfinity.)

I think I'm going to have a problem. I looked at everything coming up in the next several hours on the NBC Sports app, saw that there was Equestrian coverage starting at 3:30 a.m. and started to think about staying up to watch.  With great power comes great responsibility. I hope I can handle this. 😄

Edited by ProudMary
Added the parenthetical to the first paragraph.
  • Wink 1
20 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I think I'm going to have a problem. I looked at everything coming up in the next several hours on the NBC Sports app, saw that there was Equestrian coverage starting at 3:30 a.m. and started to think about staying up to watch.  With great power comes great responsibility. I hope I can handle this. 😄

Yep, I have an alarm set for 2am tomorrow for the beginning of men's gymnastics qualifying, which is going to hurt. And then I get little naps between sessions until like 2pm - when I have to be a human being. 😱

• Hugs 1

So far I'm watching on NBC. I'll check out Peacocok tomorrow. If it's anything like the Tour de France, tou can watch it live ir wait for it to stream ad free but that takes a few hours to post usually. Let's see.

I am watching on NBC (well right now I’m watching rugby on USA, and have less than zero idea what is going on) and will use Peacock during the week on the iPad while I’m working …

because I am apparently going to have to turn off every notification on my phone if I don’t watch live and don’t want to be spoiled.

I mean, hell, either USA or NBC spoiled the bronze winner of synchronized diving when they weren’t even showing diving, and that’s going to be on TV tonight.  This time difference blows.

• Like 3

I'm watching on CBC Gem.  What kind of filters are they using? All of the gymnasts have perfect Instagram-worthy complexions, with healthy natural glows. Not a single teenage pimple in sight, nor a hint of the make-up horrors of previous generations of gymnasts.  It's like they smeared vaseline on the camera lens.  

I checked Peacock for about a minute on both the Opening Ceremony and some sports yesterday and the Peacock streams are such poor quality! Grainy and not crisp at all so I'm just recording all the shit I wanna watch on network TV. Is anyone else having this issue on Peacock?

39 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Is anyone else having this issue on Peacock?

When I first started to watch the opening ceremonies it was grainy but I haven’t had any issues since. 

I am supremely annoyed with the coverage and the schedule description.  My channel guide tells me one thing is on (in this case, Equestrian), but when I actually click on that channel, it's water polo or something.  Somehow, too, even with a Dish subscription, I can't watch live events on NBC.  Apparently I am required to sign up for Peacock, which I would prefer not to do.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
14 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

@Browncoat I don't know if this would work or not, but you *might* be able to download the NBC Sports App with a Dish subscription?

I'll give that a go -- thanks!

19 hours ago, surfgirl said:

I checked Peacock for about a minute on both the Opening Ceremony and some sports yesterday and the Peacock streams are such poor quality! Grainy and not crisp at all so I'm just recording all the shit I wanna watch on network TV. Is anyone else having this issue on Peacock?

We’ve mainly been watching the networks, but signed up for Peacock through Roku, and think the picture quality is really poor. Watching tennis now and could barely see the ball.

4 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

With Peacock, I found the first 2 minutes or so of when I turn something on is a bit blurry, then it clears up.

That's what happened to me, too.  Yesterday I poked around watching a little bit of this and a little bit of that, via the world feed, in the replays section of various sports, and every time it looked like shit for maybe a minute and then cleared up.

• Like 2

I’m still finding Peacock quality puzzling. We switched off NBC during the beach volleyball to avoid the split screen commercials and went to the live feed on Peacock. I think we were watching the world feed since the announcer was different. The picture was very dark and grainy compared to NBC. Then we are watching the replay of the equestrian from earlier today and the picture is fine. I don’t get it.

I’m also confused why the Peacock feed on beach volleyball was different than the simultaneous coverage on NBC.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rickster said:

I’m still finding Peacock quality puzzling. We switched off NBC during the beach volleyball to avoid the split screen commercials and went to the live feed on Peacock. I think we were watching the world feed since the announcer was different. The picture was very dark and grainy compared to NBC. Then we are watching the replay of the equestrian from earlier today and the picture is fine. I don’t get it.

I’m also confused why the Peacock feed on beach volleyball was different than the simultaneous coverage on NBC.

I found that happened with the swimming coverage. I finally figured out that there were at least two feeds. You have to choose the one that has 'tv' at the end of the title (in the live feeds).

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

My husband said to give e the Peacocok feeds a few minutes to get up to speed. Its liek YouTube, where you pull up a hi res video and it looks like ahit at first and then it suddenly glcomes into sharp focus.

• Useful 1

Do you think LA and Utah are going to be East Coast friendly, or am I going to be up until one in the morning for two weeks?

Vancouver wasn’t that long ago so you would think I would remember, but alas.

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm sure it will be east coast friendly for prime time. They'll just delay us on the West coast 3 hours. I hope Peacock is still around then. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

With the exception of tennis (the announcers seemed to HATE Coco Gauff for some reason), the Peacock commentators are superior to NBC.  IMO and all that.

I watch NBC over the air when I first wake up and then later I switch to Peacock so I can select different sports.  I know people seem to hate Peacock but I've had it for awhile and it's pretty cheap, only about $59 a year for mine.  I haven't noticed any issues with the the picture quality apart from the occasional freeze.  I am watching on new Roku Ultra though so maybe that helps.

I am recording NBC over Tivo but unfortunately I can't record the other NBC channels (USA etc) because I have Spectrum and their cloud DVR has crashed until further notice.  I use Sling to record but it doesn't contain those channels. Peacock does have replays though.

• Like 1
(edited)

I am loving the Sesame Street segments of Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Abby in Paris talking to the athletes. You can find them on the Sesame Street Twitter. It's great seeing these world class athletes so excited and giggly (Caeleb Dressel especially) over meeting the characters they grew up with. 

Edited by hjmugillecuty
  • Like 2