Type keyword(s) to search

Season 26 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

Based on the edit of tonight's episode, I assume America will vote for Quinn. Or that the producers want America to vote for Quinn, at least. Tucker was portrayed as the brave hero who just wants to play as hard as he can. Quinn, on the other hand, was the sneaky snake who thinks he's smarter than everyone. I see people wanting to give him some comeuppance, while rewarding Tucker for his initiative.

Whatever happens, I still want America (the former contestant) to pop up on screen to announce the vote, as if it was her decision.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8

If Tucker wins the AI Arena Quinn will go home. If Quinn wins Tucker will go home. If Kenny wins he will throw himself down the stairs to be medically evacuated. LOL!!!!! There will be a lot of stuff going on the LIVE episode which should be interesting to see. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TimWil said:

What is it with this house where the HGs feel the need to torture us with horrendous English accents? Asking for a friend.

Tucker was attempting an Aussie accent.  And I had a good laugh all the way through it.  Nice to see some happiness and joy even if corny on this show instead of endless paranoia and annoying whispering that we can't hear.

And it was a pretty fun veto challenge as well I admit.  Glad there has been some new stuff for challenges for a change.

2 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

I don't know; one might argue that trusting your gut instincts would work well in that profession.

Kenney's undercover cop comment above.  Given Kenney's gut, he would be flip-flopping on everything so much that the bad guys would be rolling around laughing at him in total confusion.

Props to the production person that came up with green thumb / red thumb on the broadcast btw.  That was a fun edit.

• Like 4

Well, an hour or so ago, the Collective had a meeting about tomorrow's vote, and it sounds like the targeting priority has changed.

As of now, if Tucker loses the AI Arena, he's the new number-one target for the vote.  If he wins and saves himself, then Kenney will be the backup target, since they want to split him and Tucker up (and in the women's case, get rid of the one guy who will nominate them, guaranteed).  Quinn is no longer the target this week.

But the rest of the group agreed that he will be the target once his power expires, or once he uses it.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

We've had an alcohol delivery tonight: a six pack (maybe eight considering how many are in the house) of beer and two bottles of wine.

Man, the days of Rachel's HoH tequila and Janelle's frozen margarita in a Ziploc hidden under the summer veg medley seem so far away.

Do they give pop or something to those who don't drink?

(edited)

Joseph and Leah are comparing notes about Quinn.  They agree that he's a snake, and neither one trusts him anymore.  They confirm that he made F2s with them, and Leah also tells Joseph about the alliance that she thought that she'd made with him, T'kor, and Kimo.  Joseph tells Leah about how Quinn's personality changed as he was going to get called out for his power.  He's definitely in their sights in the near future.  They're both going to keep him at arm's length now.

Joseph and Leah go on to talk about the next targets.  Regardless of who goes between Tucker or Kenney, the other has to go next week.  But Joseph wants to target Makensy next, saying that she's bad at the game, and that she should've saved her power for next week.  Leah agrees.  She loves Makensy, but she's starting to see that sticking with her might be bad for her game.

They both love Angela, though, and now that she's calmed down considerably, they're open to keeping her around longer, either till the end of the pre-jury phase or early in the jury phase.

Edited by Rodney
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 8/5/2024 at 4:09 PM, Rodney said:

Dick saved Daniele when they were on the the block together at the F4 in BB8.  He survived since he knew that Daniele would vote out Jameka over him.

No, Dickless "sacrificing" himself for Daniellllllllllle was in Week 6, and he sincerely thought he was being A Great Dad and taking the bullet for her.  This led to what was quite possibly the Only Good Moment of that hellish season, when Dickhead went to Jen (yes, his constant abuse victim, of all people) and begged her to look out for Dani when he was gone.

It was such a sure thing that whichever Donato remained on the block would be evicted 5-1 that Dustin volunteered to be the pawn…little knowing that the DR was about to call America's Player Eric Stein in, and tell him in no uncertain terms to save Dick's Ass.  Whether they did that by holding a gun to his AP $$$ or whether they merely hectored him about how he owed them because they gave him the strategy that saved him from Waaaahmber's bigoted "Ah knew he was evul!  I hear dem Jooz have horns!!" (and she didn't mean saxophones) attacks the previous week is unknown, but Eric did not look happy when he came out of that long DR session, it was claimed.

However, he took his medicine and went to work persuading HoH/showmance Jessica that they needed to form a Final Four with the Producer Puppy pair, and thus the "Kanjewnatos" (Jessica was from Kansas) alliance was born.  Since Jessica could barely find Kansas on a map without assistance, convincing her to flip was not exactly rocket surgery, and now Dickspew had two votes to stay and since Zach had survived ostracism by hiding behind the Donatos, that was really three, and Jessica held the tiebreak.  (Jess persuaded Jen to flip as a sign of loyalty and spare her from having to cast said tiebreaker, so Dustin went home, 4-2.)

The Jameka eviction at Final Four was Dani paying her Daaaaaaaad back; she was going to use the Veto on one of them and Jameka was going up and going out, so she balanced the books in the hopes of winning some Jury votes.  She got exactly one, IIRC.

(I haven't watched this season in the 17 years since, and it's the only season [bar S1, which isn't the same game, IMO] that I don't keep stored on my computer.  Racist S15, Sexist S16, Paul and "all my dogs are barking now!" S19 are still there, but not S8.  And yet I still recall nearly all of this, offhand.

May Julie have mercy on my soul.)

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

But the rest of the group agreed that he will be the target once his power expires, or once he uses it.

That doesn't even make sense. If he's an imminent target, why wait? Why not get him out before he has the chance to use the power?

I've been only half listening, but tomorrow's target seems to shift depending on who's whispering to who. I'm not even invested enough to try to figure out who is lying. I'm just hoping for some fireworks tomorrow.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Halting Hex said:

No, Dickless "sacrificing" himself for Daniellllllllllle was in Week 6, and he sincerely thought he was being A Great Dad and taking the bullet for her.  This led to what was quite possibly the Only Good Moment of that hellish season, when Dickhead went to Jen (yes, his constant abuse victim, of all people) and begged her to look out for Dani when he was gone.

It was such a sure thing that whichever Donato remained on the block would be evicted 5-1 that Dustin volunteered to be the pawn…little knowing that the DR was about to call America's Player Eric Stein in, and tell him in no uncertain terms to save Dick's Ass.  Whether they did that by holding a gun to his AP $$$ or whether they merely hectored him about how he owed them because they gave him the strategy that saved him from Waaaahmber's bigoted "Ah knew he was evul!  I hear dem Jooz have horns!!" (and she didn't mean saxophones) attacks the previous week is unknown, but Eric did not look happy when he came out of that long DR session, it was claimed.

However, he took his medicine and went to work persuading HoH/showmance Jessica that they needed to form a Final Four with the Producer Puppy pair, and thus the "Kanjewnatos" (Jessica was from Kansas) alliance was born.  Since Jessica could barely find Kansas on a map without assistance, convincing her to flip was not exactly rocket surgery, and now Dickspew had two votes to stay and since Zach had survived ostracism by hiding behind the Donatos, that was really three, and Jessica held the tiebreak.  (Jess persuaded Jen to flip as a sign of loyalty and spare her from having to cast said tiebreaker, so Dustin went home, 4-2.)

The Jameka eviction at Final Four was Dani paying her Daaaaaaaad back; she was going to use the Veto on one of them and Jameka was going up and going out, so she balanced the books in the hopes of winning some Jury votes.  She got exactly one, IIRC.

(I haven't watched this season in the 17 years since, and it's the only season [bar S1, which isn't the same game, IMO] that I don't keep stored on my computer.  Racist S15, Sexist S16, Paul and "all my dogs are barking now!" S19 are still there, but not S8.  And yet I still recall nearly all of this, offhand.

May Julie have mercy on my soul.)

I feel like I should give you a standing ovation for that entire salty recollection.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, mertensia said:

Do they give pop or something to those who don't drink?

They always have soda in the house.

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I'm just hoping for some fireworks tomorrow.  

Same but I don't really think there will be any.

I think maybe I want Quinn to go. I still don't really wanna see Tucker get what he wants but if Quinn stays there's literally no chance of The Collective getting targeted next week.

(edited)
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

That doesn't even make sense. If he's an imminent target, why wait? Why not get him out before he has the chance to use the power?

Sir, a second ghost has hit the Big Brother house. You can hear the echoing cries of "👻Toooo soooooon👻" floating through the downstairs.
tumblr_mq2b5iaKdr1snvbxjo1_500.gif

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, Rodney said:

Well, an hour or so ago, the Collective had a meeting about tomorrow's vote, and it sounds like the targeting priority has changed.

As of now, if Tucker loses the AI Arena, he's the new number-one target for the vote.  If he wins and saves himself, then Kenney will be the backup target, since they want to split him and Tucker up (and in the women's case, get rid of the one guy who will nominate them, guaranteed).  Quinn is no longer the target this week.

LOL!  His power can't save him if he is voted up on the block this week.   This is the very best time to strike at him. 

But if they let him survive this week then he will have all the power next week if he wants it. 

Also if "America" votes him up maybe they should listen as in the voters are trying to warn them about him and get a clue and act quickly.

I swear a bag of rocks can think clearer than these idiots.

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

That doesn't even make sense. If he's an imminent target, why wait? Why not get him out before he has the chance to use the power? ...

You beat me to it.  👍

Edited by Skooma
  • Love 1

LOL you beat me to it, I was just coming back with that link. I'm obsessed with this theory. I know they just Photoshopped his tattoo out there but on the off chance they didn't, it seems like Lenney is the one with the hearts in his eyes for Big Ang?

Seriously, someone needs to take this and write a shitty contemporary romance novel that I can obsess over and write fan fiction about. I want to make shitty TikToks about it using Pinterest images and Taylor Swift songs. Give it to me now.

God I love a good crackship.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

At this point, I kinda want Kenney/Lenney to stay just for the Angela of it all, ya know.

I’m annoyed that this week seems to have been kind of a good one that I mostly missed because of the Olympics since next week is almost certainly going to be boring as hell and predictable. Dammit!

• Like 2
Just now, 30 Helens said:

So is it Kenny that wants to stay and Lenny that wants to leave, or vise versa? This explains so much…

Kenney wants to go home to his wife and kids. Lenney won the Veto last week because he just wants to kick his feet and giggle when he's around *big sigh* Angela.

I'm hoping Lenney gets to come out of the broom closet they hide the other twin in and play in the AI Arena tonight. Their love will not be denied! Showmance of the century!

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
13 hours ago, Rodney said:

I just listened to today's update by Taran.  He and his guest were almost certain that -- barring an AI win by Tucker -- that Tucker goes home.   Taran said there's always a chance that the momentum will switch again and they'll target Quinn, but he doesn't expect it to happen. 

The podcast also confirmed something I've noticed, that apart from bragging about himself, giving orders, and calling other houseguests liars, that Tucker doesn't have much of a relationship with anyone but Rubina and maybe Kenney.  The more I think of it, he's like a less annoying Hisam from BB 25.  Who also went home pre-jury.  YMMV

@FlyingEgret, from what I can tell, Quinn's power can only be used around the time of the nomination ceremony.   It wouldn't have saved him during Monday's veto ceremony and therefore it can't save him tonight.  

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Thalia said:

@FlyingEgret, from what I can tell, Quinn's power can only be used around the time of the nomination ceremony.   It wouldn't have saved him during Monday's veto ceremony and therefore it can't save him tonight.  

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Thalia said:

Tucker doesn't have much of a relationship with anyone but Rubina and maybe Kenney.  The more I think of it, he's like a less annoying Hisam from BB 25. 

The Hisam comparison is pretty apt, although I don't think even Hisam was this arrogant. I have noticed that while Tucker seems to relatively well liked, I don't really see him in meaningful conversations with anyone but Rubina. Kimo would like to have meaningful conversations, but alas. (I think Kenney also likes him. Or maybe it's Lenney.) I'm concerned about Rubina's prospects, because she seems to have hitched her wagon to a nova/black hole. I don't know of anyone else who is really working with her.

• Like 4

OK, Tucker for HOH so Quinn uses his upgrade and everyone can stop talking about it, Tucker and his bat shit craziness is still safe, and hopefully Makensey goes home.  It’s all about Team Good Feeds!

• Like 9

So Joseph tells Quinn that America probably nominated him because they wanted a good show and not to take it personally.

Uh, no, Joseph.  America hates Quinn.

On another note, Quinn's brother's favorite Survivor castaway ever is Bob Crowley, winner of Survivor: Gabon.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Also, Cedric would never in a million years do this, but the first thing my petty ass would say to Tucker after the end of the show is “I told you the votes weren’t there for Quinn, ya Dumbass!”

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Also, Cedric would never in a million years do this, but the first thing my petty ass would say to Tucker after the end of the show is “I told you the votes weren’t there for Quinn, ya Dumbass!”

They could've been.  Tucker, Angela, Leah, Makensy, and, as it turns out, Joseph really wanted to vote Quinn out.  They just needed a sixth vote.  The problem was that the options were Rubina, who has a F2 with Brooklyn (who made it clear that she's still attached to Quinn's ass), Kimo (who still trusts Quinn), and T'kor (who, while angry with Quinn for lying to her, was more put off by Kenney wanting to quit).  And none of those three were going to budge.

So the votes were not impossible, but unfortunately, they were improbable.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

New alliance alert: the Five Pointz alliance.  Consists of Tucker, Brooklyn, Rubina, Kimo, and T'kor.

Tucker also wants to add Makensy and Chelsie, but the members named above are considered his core.

Don't know which members will think of it as real, given that all of them have other alliances.

Edited by Rodney
  • Useful 1

Oof.  Kimo and T'kor are talking in the Have-Not room.  They think that the best-case scenario is Tucker winning the HoH Competition this week, because he can't play next week if (when) Quinn uses his power.

They clearly don't know that Tucker would be able to play.

Also, T'kor and Kimo notice that Cedric mentions the Collective a lot to other people.  He needs to be careful not to do that.

4 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I think Rubina thinks that is real. I think the rest of them were probably trying not to laugh. 

Indeed, that's the case.  T'kor and Kimo both agree that they're good with everybody in the new Five Pointz alliance except for Tucker.

T'kor says that they could try to win something to get Tucker out.  So yeah.  He remains a newfound house target.

Looking Like it’s going to be an athletic HOH. But I don’t think endurance. 

I’m enjoying the Kimo/T’Kor talk. They’re my favorite duo. They really like and trust Chelsie, they’re trying to protect Rubina but know it’s a losing battle right now, and Kimo at least can’t keep all of the alliances straight. 

No one bother me, I'm in mourning for the star-crossed lovers. I know they'll find their way back together again eventually. It just feels so unfair right now.

Angela ❤️ Lenney 4ever. #neverforget #lennela #thelastgreatamericandynasty

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Quinn will take over Rubina, Tucker, Angela, or Makensy's HoH if one of them wins.  He can work with anyone else winning and likely won't use his power otherwise.  He just told Joseph this in the Storage Room.

• Useful 1

If Quinn uses his power, then it sounds like he's going to put up Angela, Rubina, and Tucker.

Joseph and T'kor talked in the bathroom.  Joseph admits that Quinn is playing a dangerous game.  If he uses his power, he's nominating shields who can take the attention off him.  Joseph does not trust Quinn after last week, but is nonetheless keeping him close, because he's a threat who could be a shield to him.

When left alone, T'kor does pushups in the gym and is apparently getting better at them.

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

GUfOgkoWMAAppZR?format=jpg&name=medium

Um ... ok then lol.

What the?

since the first ep, he’s reminded of David Johansen of the New York dolls (AKA buster pointdexter of “hot hot hot” fame), but this look here really pushed it over the edge. 

IMG_3614.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This would normally mean that Tucker is safe for the next week.   But Quinn's power throws everything in doubt.   This should another good week filled with disagreements and paranoia.   

And of course, Angela has her Spy Cam back so that should add interest. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
Just now, Thalia said:

This would normally mean that Tucker is safe for the next week.   But Quinn's power throws everything in doubt.   This should another good week filled with disagreements and paranoia.

All Angela knows is that no matter what happens, she's safe from Quinn's power, so I don't see her getting as paranoid this time as she was during her last HoH.

As for Quinn, all this did was move Makensy into Angela's planned spot on his nomination list.  He told T'kor and Kimo in the bathroom just now that it'll be Makensy, Rubina, and Tucker, with the latter as the target and the former as the backup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Quinn is going to meet with everyone, because he's a man of the people. But his initial nom picks are Makensey, Tucker and Rubina. Rubina because she would take Tucker off otherwise. If one of them comes off in veto, then Cam or Cedric as the 3rd chair, so they can win AI comp and ensure one of the others goes home.

I'm so over Tucker, but is it terrible that I'm rooting for Tucker? I'm also rooting for Angela to spiral over her lack of control in HER HoH week. Damn Crazy Eyes Quinn and his power...

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
22 hours ago, Halting Hex said:

(I haven't watched this season in the 17 years since

I’m with you. It was so horrible. I almost didn’t watch the seasons when they brought the younger one back, either. Just scarily hateful people like I didn’t know existed. The dad mostly, but both. 

• Like 4

Tucker and Angela hug and dance. "Yay! This is for us!" Is it?

Tucker wants her to put up Quinn, to expose his power. (To who? Was anyone sleeping through last Monday's meeting?) If he's on the block, he will be forced to use it. Angela's fine with that. She will do anything Tucker wants. Since he saved her, all she can see is shining armor. She will also put up Cedric for him.

Angela seems to have the impression that she has actual power, and people should be shaking in their boots. Oh, Ang.

• LOL 13
19 minutes ago, Eyeland Baby said:

I’m with you. It was so horrible. I almost didn’t watch the seasons when they brought the younger one back, either. Just scarily hateful people like I didn’t know existed. The dad mostly, but both. 

Daniele actually grew up considerably when she returned in BB13.  She was much more likable then.

So it was a shock to many when she regressed so badly in BB22.

Angela and Tucker are talking in the bumper pool space.  She admits that she only fully trusts Tucker and will not put him up.  But they agree that Quinn will use his power to put him up.  Tucker's ready for it.  Tucker tries to urge Angela to put Quinn up, just to put him on notice.  Angela's nervous about it, but she's willing to do it.

As for other nominees for Angela, Tucker thinks of Cam, based on his attitude toward him.  He knows that he's against him.  He brings up Brooklyn, but Angela isn't willing to do that to her.

Quinn talks to Brooklyn in the unicorn room.  He's going to ask whom Angela will nominate and then throw her under the bus, and then, he laughs about it.

Yeah, he's clearly brushed off being voted for by America.  And since he now knows that he's not the hero America thinks of him to be, he's clearly going to lean into being the villain.  He tells Brooklyn that he loves this game and is having a great time.

Sheesh.  Brooklyn is getting more and more pathetic.  She really does still trust Quinn.  She's fawning over him like mad.  They're happily going to get someone of their choice out this week for eviction number four, and then just as happily get Angela out next week as eviction number five.

Their arrogant glee is nauseating.  They think that they're going to have all of the power for weeks to come.

Honestly, I can see BB's editing on the broadcast episodes packaging the Pantagon as the villains going forward.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

Angela will happily roll to the end with Tucker. He can win the comps. Although, if they don’t make it to the end I see one of them going out pre jury and the other one making jury. I’m just not sure which one it will be.

• Like 1

Angela saying her nominations would be Quinn, Cam, and Brooklyn.  Which, in a normal week, would've been great nominations.  And at the very least, they'll put those three people on notice.

Unfortunately, Quinn's power will remove all three of those from her power.

Somehow, Angela's comp victory involved making Brooklyn play multiple times, which lessened Brooklyn's chances. Brooklyn is feeling salty about it, which makes Angela feel bad about it. She apologizes, and insists it was nothing personal. She just wanted to win so bad. She tells Brooklyn it's been hard for her in the house, because she's not part of any of the groups and people stop talking when she enters the room. They bond over both being older moms in the house, and hug it out. Brooklyn sheds a few tears, and Angela continues to cry after she leaves.

Brooklyn goes to see Rubina, and they laugh about Angela feeling like an outsider in high school. Brooklyn thinks it's ridiculous that Angela would even think of her as competition because when has she won any comps? Stupid emotional Angela.

• Like 2
(edited)

Angela and Makensy one-on-one in the unicorn room.

Makensy reveals right away that Angela didn't win a crapshoot this time.  She crushed whatever it was, which even surprised Angela.

Makensy says that she's alone in the house.  (What about Leah?)  She feels like others are upset with her for using the power.  She wonders if Angela has anything against her for being so close to Matt.  She wants to know if they're good.  Angela, in turn, says that she fumbled by not being with the other women during her first HoH.  She had so much power, but didn't know how to use it right.  So she exhausted herself and getting too emotional.  She wants to start over, but no one's giving her a chance.  She's not part of any of the alliances, but she feels like she can go far doing what she's doing, anyway.  She notices that people stop game talks when she enters rooms.  She only felt welcome in the HoH or the "outcast" rooms.  Makensy feels the same way.

Angela tells Makensy that she has nothing against her, and she has nothing of which to be worried.  She really wants to work with her, since she has no one else but Tucker.  Makensy apparently was thinking the same thing.  They don't have to name it anything.  She wants to have her back, and vice versa.  Angela asks which girls are running the show.  Makensy thinks that they all are.  She doesn't see a leader.  She feels close to Leah, but only due to Matt being there.  With him gone, not as much.  She's close-ish to Rubina because of being Have-Nots.  But she definitely feels outside of the women.  She thinks that they all get along (especially with Lisa gone), but she doesn't think that there's a leader.  She doesn't know if there's an actual alliance (at least not a tight one), but she knows that they're close.  If there is one, then it's without her.  Even Leah told her that.  But they're wary of possible men's alliances.

They both want to work with Tucker, knowing that he stands up for those who are truthful more than those who are not.  (Brooklyn comes in, but leaves so they can talk.)  Makensy wants to be more truthful, too.  She wants to learn more about herself.  She can't let the anxiety of the house get to her.  She's learning that about the game.  She also thinks that the others are dumb to just discount her.  She's playing the game as much as the others are and should not be forgotten as an ally.

Camera cuts away to Quinn gloating about his power in the Have-Not room.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 3

Makensey goes to see Angela, who at least gets the HoH room if not the power. They bond over both feeling like outcasts. Angela offers a chance to work together, and they "don't even have to name it". (I think she just won me over.) Makensey just wants to play a true-to-myself Tucker kind of game. She's sorry she hasn't talked to Angela before now, but what did she have to gain? (Last part is unsaid.) They both want to play, they're both underdogs, and now they're friends! Yay!

At least until Makensey leaves and tells Joseph she still doesn't trust Angela. She feels more comfortable with Quinn. 

Meanwhile, Quinn laughs to Rubina about letting Angela enjoy her sad little illusion of power. He'll go talk to her later, get her thoughts, and then... do whatever he wants. 

Tucker may be insufferable, but Quinn is the worst. I really want his smug cocky face to go home.

• Like 13

Joseph gave Makensy (somewhat) good advice and said that she needs to keep fighting and winning competitions, and she'll find herself in an alliance.

Makensy says that she doesn't want to win HoH, because it will make her get more blood on her hands.  But Joseph tells her that she needs to win so she can secure some alliances/power and have power.

They adjourn.

• Like 2