Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

So tomorrow it all ends, anyone already experiencing Paris 2024 Withdrawl symptoms? Mine usually hits when swimming is over.

I'm bummed Jimmy Kimmel is hosting, I guess that means on NBC? Does anyone have ideas on where we can watch in the USA without the incessant yammering of Kimmel? 

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, surfgirl said:

So tomorrow it all ends, anyone already experiencing Paris 2024 Withdrawl symptoms? Mine usually hits when swimming is over.

I'm bummed Jimmy Kimmel is hosting, I guess that means on NBC? Does anyone have ideas on where we can watch in the USA without the incessant yammering of Kimmel? 

I think you mean Jimmy Fallon? Kimmel is on ABC.

Mike Tirico, Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are also hosting.

if you have Peacock, there might be a world feed of the ceremonies with generic commentators, like they did for athletic events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Rickster said:

I think you mean Jimmy Fallon? Kimmel is on ABC.

Mike Tirico, Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir are also hosting.

if you have Peacock, there might be a world feed of the ceremonies with generic commentators, like they did for athletic events.

I just checked Peacock, and it just looks like the NBC feed. Sorry, I just can't with Johnny and Tara. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

OMG I can't believe they trotted out Johnny and Tara! Did I speak them into existence like Beetlejuice mentioning Terry Gannon having to wrangle them in the gymnastics thread? Sorry, Terry!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

ahh they are in a stadium now. 

though CBC- the commercial shouldn't be bigger than the action we're supposed to be seeing.

• Thanks 1

I kind of feel bad for Leon Marshand. Yeah, he'd been given this big honor of transporting the Olympic Flame, but he has to miss all the fun that his less famous teammates are enjoying. And, he's in a suit and tie! I guess he'd better get used to being a celebrity. 

• Like 7

Really, commercials while the athletes are coming in! Ugh!!!!!

All the athletes look so comfortable and casual. Meanwhile the U.S. looks like they are going to change tires in the NASCAR pit in long sleeved jackets. They must be so HOT.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
(edited)

They are front loading the commercials so there will be fewer breaks later during performances….

Team USA looks warm wearing those jackets!

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

They are front loading the commercials so there will be fewer breaks later during performances….

Let's hope.

Midnight City! Pump up the crowd, fir sure. ❤️

It's always a little sad to see the Olympic flame go out, and I loved this one so much, it's a little extra sad.  Will Paris keep it as a sculpture, do you think?

• Like 2

There's certainly no mistaking the America (USA) athletes, USA is plastered all over the clothing in huge letters with a huge flag on the back of the jackets. Compare that to the tasteful outfits of almost every other country, a lot of which don't even mention the country but have a small emblem or the country name is in small writing.

And people wonder why the rest of the world says they can spot an American abroad.  

Not that there's anything wrong with being proud of where you're from. 

• Applause 1
1 minute ago, Shrek said:

There's certainly no mistaking the America (USA) athletes, USA is plastered all over the clothing in huge letters with a huge flag on the back of the jackets. Compare that to the tasteful outfits of almost every other country, a lot of which don't even mention the country but have a small emblem or the country name is in small writing.

And people wonder why the rest of the world says they can spot an American abroad.  

Just wearing the colors would have fit in so much better. It's just too extra 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Sorry, I just can't with Johnny and Tara. 

I was so hoping we'd at least get Kelly Clarkson back. I found her delightful during the opening ceremony. Tara and Johnny just exhaust me.

• Like 5

I don’t understand the U.S. closing ceremony outfits including jackets.  Has there ever been a Summer Olympics closing that was cold enough to need anything warmer than a long-sleeved tee?  Especially when you consider the athletes are jammed together on the field.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
5 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Canada has CAN at the back of their uniforms.  
Honestly, I will say I hope COC goes back to using ROOTS or Hudson Bay as their clothier. I loathe Lululemon with the fire of a 1000 burning suns. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, wanderingstar said:

I was so hoping we'd at least get Kelly Clarkson back. I found her delightful during the opening ceremony. Tara and Johnny just exhaust me.

Thankful that Terry is there to narrate and keep them in line. 

• Like 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Canada has CAN at the back of their uniforms.  
Honestly, I will say I hope COC goes back to using ROOTS or Hudson Bay as their clothier. I loathe Lululemon with the fire of a 1000 burning suns. 

I saw that but its not plastered everywhere, just a little more tasteful rather than SHOUTY! But you are USA adjacent so there's that. 😉

Edited by Shrek
  • Like 2
Just now, Shrek said:

I saw that but its not plastered everywhere, just a little more tasteful rather than SHOUTY! But you are USA adjacent so there's that.

i gotcha. LOL and yeah. I haven't seen the USA ones yet though

also. can someone @ me when it looks like they are de-lighting the torch (and showing the exhibit for the next Olympics? CBC's online coverage is just not doing it for me right now

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Ralph Lauren  wouldn't be caught dead in the horrible looks he keeps putting together for Team USA. Does he have a life time contract? What will it take to get a new team designer? 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Fostersmom said:

What will it take yo get a new team designer? 

money i imagine

2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Lucky you. 😂

are they that bad?

It feels weird to be watching this in the afternoon (here).

I feel like everything needs to be shortened or speeded up just a tick.  Like Leon Marchand’s walk to/from the flame, for example.  Did he have to walk so far/so slowly?  I’m not asking for a sprint, just pick up the pace a tiny bit.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

This is stunning.  I wouldn't take time to comment except that I need a distraction from Tara's and Johnny's inane comments.  I love their commentary on figure skating, but not so much here.

• Like 2
(edited)

I salute the vhs tapes that died in creating the pianist costume.   

Ralph Lauren designed this? It looks like a Space Suit!!

Yeah, very very...ordinary.  I respect Mr Lauren, but it's time to get an up and coming new designer for the next Olympics onward.

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
4 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

This is stunning.  I wouldn't take time to comment except that I need a distraction from Tara's and Johnny's inane comments.  I love their commentary on figure skating, but not so much here.

They are better than Kelly and Payton. 

This piano player looks like he's in pain. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
7 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Ralph Lauren  wouldn't be caught dead in the horrible looks he keeps putting together for Team USA. Does he have a life time contract? What will it take to get a new team designer? 

I just had this same thought! I don't even know who could replace him, but I do not like his outfits for the team.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm trying to get into this, but I don't know what the hell is going on.

It's too industrial and depressing. I'm betting even the performers are all thinking I don't get it. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm trying to get into this, but I don't know what the hell is going on.

It's French, no more words needed. 🤣

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12

So I know the grey dancers are supposed to be representations of Ancient Olympian Statues but all I'm seeing is the Putty Patrol from OG Power Rangers.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Just copied this from the BBC website, thought it might amuse a few of you.

The Golden Voyager is glad to have all his alien friends on stage now as they are very kindly helping to assemble the Olympic rings, but not until they've had a roll around in them.

I guess he needs to be grateful for the help?

• Like 1
  • LOL 10