Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Tomorrow

• Start Topic

I need a little help with the timeline. I would’ve appreciated a previously on of the finale because I don’t remember exactly what happened after Carmy got out of the fridge. I don’t recall him fighting with Ritchie.

But in terms of chronological order can someone help with the timing of each restaurant.

Is it…

French laundry (was that the farm)

olivia Coleman 

Copenhagan

Joel McHale (this is where he finds out Mikey died)?

I don’t remember what happened with his hand. 

For me personally having something different about his hair would’ve been helpful. They do that with Sugar.

Aside from some confusion I did enjoy it a lot and teared up.

• Like 1

I think he was still in  the freezer when the previous season ended.

I don't remember what happened between him and Richie, but it seems in character for both of them to not get over whatever it was, so I kind of just let it go by on that basis.

• Like 1

I watched the season 2 finale (two episodes) before I started this season, oh and the pilot too. I loved the music so much. Richie and Carmy had a shouting match when he was stuck in the cooler with a whole lot of f-bombs and recriminations. Carmy burned his hand on a pot that was in the wrong place.

• Useful 1

re the fennel:  When Carmie handed the server the dish and said "fennel allergy, sub Orange Blood..."  He definitely eyeballed the server to say like "I know they don't have an allergy, but please cover for me"  kind of look.  I've personally used that exact look before.

• Like 2
On 7/3/2024 at 1:18 AM, Irlandesa said:

They didn't know each other when he made this dish.  In the first season, she told someone that she wanted to work with Carmy because he was the one who made the best dish she ever had in her life.  That's the dish we see.  Although I do wonder how she knew it was his considering Joel McHale's chef was part of the kitchen.

Anyway, she made a fennel salad in an early season.  She doesn't have an allergy.  It was just something Carmy made up so he could serve his version of the dish to at least one person after he heard about Mikey.

She made fennel salad in the first episode, for family dinner.

On 7/29/2024 at 2:44 PM, Red Bridey said:

I watched the season 2 finale (two episodes) before I started this season, oh and the pilot too. I loved the music so much. Richie and Carmy had a shouting match when he was stuck in the cooler with a whole lot of f-bombs and recriminations. Carmy burned his hand on a pot that was in the wrong place.

Richie also said something like “where were you when I buried your brother” and when they showed the funeral scenes and people coming out of the church, it looked like Carmy had stayed in his car and not gone in?

21 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Richie also said something like “where were you when I buried your brother” and when they showed the funeral scenes and people coming out of the church, it looked like Carmy had stayed in his car and not gone in?

Yes. 

On 7/11/2024 at 9:50 PM, lucindabelle said:

Was Claire sleeping with Tina and I don’t mean sexually but were they snuggling? I was confused.

My take: Claire was comfort-sleeping with Kelly: the woman Claire and Carmy saw at the party who had just been dumped by her boyfriend. Kelly was also Claire's companion at the Friends and Family opening.

• Useful 1
50 minutes ago, MaryHedwig said:

My take: Claire was comfort-sleeping with Kelly: the woman Claire and Carmy saw at the party who had just been dumped by her boyfriend. Kelly was also Claire's companion at the Friends and Family opening.

That was also how I saw it.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 7/6/2024 at 4:41 PM, meep.meep said:

In addition to seeing Will Poulter's character again, we also see the guy who is head chef at the restaurant in Forks, who takes the pizza from Richie and turns it into a fancy deepdish.

I’m still bothered by that “fanci-fying” of deep dish.  You cannot cut up/cut out the deep dish- it has to be the whole slice, that keeps the cheese hot and the ratios right.  A small cut-out of deep dish would be cold and chewy.  Whoever wrote that scene has never had deep dish.  I’ve written this before, I literally cannot get over it whenever I think about it.

• Like 2

I just caught up with this episode and loved it in just about every way. I think so far it's my second favorite episode next to "Forks", although any episode of anything that features Daniel Boulud earns my eternal love. I had heard that he was featured on a TV series but somehow was never aware of which one, so I'm glad I finally saw it in spite of that.

I feel like this episode was done to show Carmy's internal processing of everything that brought him to the present opening of the restaurant. It was put together like a dreamlike montage and the juxtaposition of scenes brought home for us how Carmy's past brought him to his present, and all the meaning that came along with that. I think it was also done so that we could share in that internal processing of everything we had seen up until this point. And that's a reason why it was entitled "Tomorrow" - because it's intended to bring us to what is a pivotal point in his and the cast's lives, and what happens next.

As far as Joel McHale as the yelling chef, I thought that took place when Carmy was at "The French Laundry" in California, although with the way this was done I'm not sure everything in this episode was exactly as it happened. Some of this may indeed have included dream sequences that included similar but slightly different situations.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

And that's a reason why it was entitled "Tomorrow" - because it's intended to bring us to what is a pivotal point in his and the cast's lives, and what happens next.

That makes sense. I also think it is called 'Tomorrow' because Carmy's dream sequence happens the exact day after he was locked in the refrigerator. (Hence the early scene when we see him looking out his apartment window with the wound on his hand.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1