Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: How To Slaughter A Pig

• Start Topic

19421c2b699756ce7cbbb0d24a6bf371b4696349

Kristen's surrogacy faces complications, and the team visits a pig farm.

Potentially demonic pork products lead Kristen, David, and Ben to a pig farm to investigate. David increases his remote viewing skills, and Leslie, the surrogate carrying Kristen's child, comes to her for help. 

Premiere Date: June 6, 2024       Paramount+     

Tony Plana as Chet Garcia 
Carson Elrod as Larry Bibb 

6aa5d4e896124abd44b9f73fa572e58b6b17c0e6

Chukwudi Iwuji as Father Dominic 
Tara Summers as Nurse Block 
Molly Brown as Leslie 

9bae25ad06bc30f46a9c7a4172072d4112550783

1d01520934a54b9f832de6fe3e4345ec.jpg

• Like 1

Did they scare her on purpose, to get her to call Kristen for help? So she would see and hold the baby. Leland is so fucking cruel.  

I missed what happened with the pigs, because I was reading something, but I’m glad they tore up the NDA’s. 

• Like 7

I have issues with the baby scenes. 

1.  That baby was huge and obviously not a newborn.  Especially since she was going into labor early.  (Not scary early, but not big big baby time, either.)

2.  That baby was super clean.  Super clean.  Nope.  Doesn't happen.

3.  What about afterbirth?  They aren't finished the minute the giant, suspiciously clean baby pops out.  There's other stuff to take care of, too.

4.  Has anyone ever seen a maternity room in the US that's got beds for 4 moms?  Because I haven't.  They might exist, but I've never seen one.

5.  That baby popped out really fast.  Kristen's had 4 kids and medical training.  If Giant Clean Baby was that far along his journey, pain meds and epidurals are not exactly something that would happen.  Kristen should know that.  Why is she demanding pain stuff?

The whole thing was so obviously fake and had so many issues that it pulled me out of the show, and I'm not someone who stresses too much about accuracy in a fantasy show.

Sheryl and her ladies circle was an interesting image.  Like I said before, she deserves to deal with a little karmic payback, and I'm looking forward to her doing her best to get some karmic payback on Leland and the men.

41 minutes ago, Anela said:

Did they scare her on purpose, to get her to call Kristen for help? So she would see and hold the baby. Leland is so fucking cruel.  

I missed what happened with the pigs, because I was reading something, but I’m glad they tore up the NDA’s. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they made sure she got in touch with Kristin.  Maybe for cruelty, maybe so that someone else deals with several years of baby/toddler/preschooler demon baby.  It is her egg, after all, and is there the possibility of suing for custody?

And they should tear up the NDAs.  NDAs should happen _before_ they let you witness stuff they don't want disclosed.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Of course the baby birth scene was highly unrealistic.  For one thing newborns are nearly impossible to get so you get six months olds or even one year olds.  And no one wants to watch an actual birth happen so they approximate what is necessary and go with that.    What was needed was Kristen delivering the baby she wasn't sure she actually wanted anything to do with because Leland is the father so she would inadvertanly bond with it.

Loved Sheryl trying to get any and every woman on her side in her war with Leland.  This could be a very interesting women vs men battle in the evil world of evil.

Besides the weird imagery I kinda found the pig story boring.  THere are more interesting things going on but I guess you need a mystery and Potentially demonic pork products is at least something.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 9
2 hours ago, Mari said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they made sure she got in touch with Kristin.  Maybe for cruelty, maybe so that someone else deals with several years of baby/toddler/preschooler demon baby.  It is her egg, after all, and is there the possibility of suing for custody?

They were saying that they wanted Kristen involved with the baby, since she's the real mother. So, I wondered if this was their way of getting there. 

I loved the assistant's "Giving birth to the antichrist is really crazy, feeding me to the baby is normal crazy" or something like that. I almost expected to see a forked tongue, like the alien baby in "V". 

• Like 3
(edited)

The nurse with squeaking shoes is back and she is still evil.

Baby Timothy is HUGE! I know they can’t really use a newborn but come on, there has to be some believability. It really takes me out of this story. Anyway, I don’t trust Leslie the surrogate. Why would she name the baby after Kirsten’s father?

And I still don’t trust Sheryl despite her confession to the “sewing circle” about taking Leland down from within.

David sending a cute GIF to tell his colleagues about a new assignment is just adorable. ☺️

spacer.png

The Trio of God feels more like influencers than exorcists. David’s annoyed face when they’re telling him about how they expelled the demon from Anthony Garcia (into the pigs) is truly hilarious. 😂

For the love of god, I don’t understand why Ben needs to collect some samples from the farm during night time and alone. 🤦🏻‍♀️

The arc on David’s remote viewing ability continues to be interesting with the new development on “Perfect Sight Immersion”. David believes these are just visions but Father Kabiru sees possibilities.

David finally comes clean about reconnecting with The Entity and Ben about his visions post particle-beam. Finally… 👍🏻

“A black man, a Muslim and a white girl hugging beside the road? We should go home before we get shot.”

😂😂😂

So Kirsten, when are you gonna tell the guys about Andy’s mental health and struggles? A bit disappointed that the girls haven’t told Kirsten about the bathtub episode. Well, mama is busy with possessed pigs and Antichrist baby.

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
Added a GIF!
  • Like 9

The way I gasped when Nurse Bloch showed up early on in the episode... I actually said, "Oh, no..." out loud. 

4 hours ago, Anela said:

I thought that, too, but my theory was that this was their way to get Leslie to more easily lure Kristen there for their nefarious scheme. I'm hoping Leslie's just as much a victim of all of this as Kristen is, but I like how they played it where it was hard to tell if she was, or if she was actively in league with Leland and Sheryl and her "panic" was largely acted. 

I can roll with the unrealistic nature of the birth scene here because, I mean, she's delivering the potential antichrist. It's not going to be a normal birth for that reason alone, so it makes sense that other things about the birth would be equally as abnormal :p. I liked how Kristen seemed to be looking at the baby's head, like she was checking for the "666" birthmark or something. 

Also, the fact that it's named after Kristen's father has me going, "Hmmm...". Curious what that means. 

40 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

.The Trio of God feels more like influencers than exorcists. David’s annoyed face when they’re telling him about how they expelled the demon from Anthony Garcia (into the pigs) is truly hilarious. 😂

For the love of god, I don’t understand why Ben needs to collect some samples from the farm during night time and alone. 🤦🏻‍♀️

I don't know what was funnier, David's annoyed face or Ben just flat out facepalming XD. 

But YES, god, Ben, seriously, have you not learned by now that going somewhere by yourself is a bad idea?! I liked the resolution to the pig farm story - that's a thing? Interesting. I also loved Ben humming the "Green Acres" theme to himself while he wandered through the cornfield, LOL. 

(The whole time I was watching the storyline about the pig farm I kept thinking of that "Criminal Minds" episode where the team investigated a pig farm. Equally creepy case, but for entirely different reasons - especially since that one was actually based on a real story. For a time I wondered if that's where the pig farm case in this episode would go, too.)

I also liked the group hug, and everyone talking in the car. Ben noting how fucked up they all are was hilarious. He's not wrong, though!

Kurt apologizing th Kristen was interesting. And Andy sleeping under the bed...oh, Andy :(. 

• Like 10

I’m glad Ben, David, and Kristen are all finally being honest about the weird shit they’re experiencing and I love their group hug and the realization that they’re out in the country and should probably leave lol. 

Leland and Nurse Block were probably scaring Leslie into leaving so she’d call Kristen and unfortunately it worked, because Kristen is bonding with the baby. I wonder if it was Sheryl’s idea to name him after Kristen’s father (who we still don’t know anything about). My sympathy for Leslie is about the same as it is for Sheryl, though. Again, you’re working for demons and carrying the antichrist. What were you expecting? Sheryl and Leslie are perfect examples of the “I never thought the leopards would eat my face” meme.

• Like 11

I don’t mind the big baby. They can’t very well rip a newborn from its mother to put in a TV show. 😛 And after Covid, new mothers are probably reluctant to have their baby handled by a variety of strangers, so the show probably has to take what they can get. Often they use those robotic things. I find those freaky looking. I prefer they use an older real baby. 

• Like 5

As I said to my wife when we saw the huge, clean baby: this isn't "Call the Midwife." Though they could certainly use Sister Julienne!

• Like 1
(edited)

Totally agree that was a setup to get Kristen involved with the baby.

Also glad they were finally honest with each other.  

Even after seeing the evil pig, I want bacon.  I like having the weekly missions thrown in.  

I would be fine with another 2 seasons, so I’ll take what I can get since this is it.  Curious as to how they will wrap everything up and hope it’s not too rushed but thankful that it won’t go too off the rails into the subplot like other shows-XFiles or Fringe. I still like the monster of the week.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Like 5

It was too quiet without the chattering girls! I’ve never seen the house so still. Kristin sitting on the couch revelling in the silence… with her can of Margarita. 😄

I wasn’t crazy about the pork story but the strength of the show is in the characters. I love when Kristen, David and Ben get together to work on a case. Now there’s a trio! The Trio of God have nothing on them. 

Agree that Kristen needs to tell David and Ben about Andy. They need to get Andy out from under Leland’s spell! 

• Like 1

In the beginning the really big baby kind of got me out of the scene too but then I thought that he was the Antichrist therefore not a normal baby so maybe one of his non-normal things is that he's extra huge 🤷‍♀️

I thought for sure that Leslie's panicked call to Kristen was an act so that Kristen would end up bonding with the baby; I mean Leland did tell Leslie that they needed her help with Kristen.

• Like 2

Oh no, Nurse Bitch is back again! Of course she's working with Leland in the maternity ward of the damned, Leland really has his hoofs everywhere. Like with Sheryl, I have to ask what Leslie was expecting when she signed up to carry the Anti-Christ with a bunch of demons and demon worshippers. Did she think that carrying the Anti-Christ was going to be a super chill and easy? I totally think that Leland and Nurse Bitch planned to scare Leslie to get Kristen to become involved with the baby, he's devious that way. 

I am so glad that Ben, David, and Kristen all finally talked about everything going on with them, now we just need the girls to update Kristen on what they saw happening to Andy.

I hope that the influencers exorcists come back again, they were hilarious and I love how annoyed David was. He's normally so collected, even with actual demons, it was so funny seeing him so frustrated at these three TikTok girlies. 

Interesting that the case of the week had both a supernatural aspect and a logical one, I've heard of the refeeding pig thing before and its so gross, someone really needs to make it illegal. I should have known it would tie into the demon pig story from the bible, I love how this show makes me think so much about demonically possessed bacon. 

• Like 2