Type keyword(s) to search

S08.14: From Dusk Till Donne

• Start Topic

As Danielle celebrates the launch of her app, Jesse Soloman gets the long-waited results of his five-year cancer scan.  A visit with Kyle's family provides a welcome reset for him and Amanda.  Lindsay and Carl continue to struggle with communication.

OK - I will admit I loved (well, laughed at) the Jesse Solomon song. But the other people in the restaurant didn't even peek let alone gawk at the performance - dead giveaway that they were Bravo plants...

• Like 6

Who knew that by the end of the season I'd love Jesse Solomon and would be side eying West? 

Donne sounds stupid to me and the fact that it launched nearly a year ago yet this is the first time we've heard the name is telling. It wasn't even mentioned on social media when Danielle called herself a CEO a few episodes ago. Has it the app already tanked?

Carl and Lindsey are both assholes, I refuse to pick a side. They both should've realized they were unhappy and called off the wedding months ago. Constant fighting is not healthy or normal.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
52 minutes ago, snarts said:

Donne sounds stupid to me and the fact that it launched nearly a year ago yet this is the first time we've heard the name is telling.

I just had a look at the overview for the app.  It doesn't do anything the hundreds of other similar apps out there do.  There won't be any real way to determine how many subscribers she's gotten for it.

• Like 1

For some reason I really thought the app was named for John Donne, some sort of "No man is an island" bullshit or such.

I feel like an idiot now for thinking that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
Just now, bosawks said:

For some reason I really thought the app was named for John Donne, some sort of "No man is an island" bullshit or such.

I feel like an idiot now for thinking that.

What'd'ya wanna bet she never heard of the guy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I am happy for Jesse that his results were clear, I have to say he has an amazing smile. Jebus, I have never liked Lindsey and I honestly thought before this season aired that Carl dodged a big bullet by calling off the wedding, but dang he is so gaslighting her, I honestly feel bad for her. She is the lucky one, Carl is insufferable, even more than I thought Lindsey is.

• Like 9

I’m so glad Carl and Lindsay are not getting married. There’s no way I could handle watching another season of their fights. 
I thought Jesse’s song was cute and am glad he remains cancer free 🤞🏻

• Like 4

It is clear Carl & Lindsey should never have gotten married. I did not expect to end this season completely seeing thru Carls whole gaslighting plan. He is bordering on cruel with her. He is a man boy with no sense of business and doesn't have much drive. I would question his ability to contribute to the home with any money, especially after this "fame" dies down. Lindsey for weeks has been trying not to step on the eggshells of his fragile ego.

I am slightly disappointed in West, but also cognizant that it is not his job to be thrust into a Ciara-ship. Her lack of confidence in relationships is apparent however, and she is unable to be carefree and fun, as she gets in her head. Stupid Austen and Luke had their way with her and now she won't be made a fool of again on the old tele. I liked West more earlier in the season, but realize he is fairly young and is still figuring things out. He also knows he's about to get a whole lot of sex if he wants with his bravolebrity.

Glad Jesse was ok! That song went on a bit longer than I needed but was sweet. As a breast cancer survivor (celebrating 8 years cancer free in August!) I know how it is to have that little cancer demon on your shoulder, tapping you and reminding you to live every day.

I love Paige. She has had a stellar season and her dry wit is hilarious. She is the best voice of the peanut gallery. I hope she and Craig can work it out. Both have taken the opportunities of being on this type of show and truly made the best of it.

I cannot accept another Kyle and Amanda season. I am so embarrassed for him. Drunk slurring, the mullet, the incessant need to party. He is avoiding being a real husband and craves constant attention. It has got to be getting old.

Danielle continues to be cringe. Her mom was sweet, but that app didn't look like anything that is going to take off. Founder and CEO hmmmmm? Why is she asked back every season? She is crass and desperate. Not fun to watch.

Gabby is so quirky and gorgeous. I hope she is back next year. I am fairly obsessed with her wardrobe.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I don't  feel sorry  for Lindsay, I find her very condescending. Carl needs to rip that bandage  off quickly,  and just tell her. I honestly  believe  she's  more about the wedding,  than the marriage. 

So Craig was with Paige for a week,  did she say she was glad he went home? Craig should cut his losses, she's  stringing  him along.

I was so pleased for Jesse, especially  when he said he didn't  make any long term plans, because  he didn't know what the diagnosis  would  be.

I still like West, but I don't  think Ciara will be anymore than just a very good friend. He's  too young for her, and her modeling  career  is about to take her travelling,  I wish her well.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dancingdreamer said:

So Craig was with Paige for a week,  did she say she was glad he went home? Craig should cut his losses, she's  stringing  him along.

Paige sucks.  She treats Craig terribly.  She acts like she’s “too cool” and not like other girls who actually show kindness to their boyfriends.  Like she’s got it all figured out.  She strings him along.  Why treat someone like that?  Especially someone you claim to love.

She’s found a great guy who cares about her.  She doesn’t have to commit on anyone’s timeline but she could be kind and meet him in the middle.  She treats him terribly, makes fun of him.  How would we feel about a guy treating a woman that way?  Acting like she’s an annoyance, rolling his eyes about her.. That’s so shitty.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Paige sucks.  She treats Craig terribly.  She acts like she’s “too cool” and not like other girls who actually show kindness to their boyfriends.  Like she’s got it all figured out.  She strings him along.  Why treat someone like that?  Especially someone you claim to love.

Eh, it's their schtick and they each play their parts on the show(s). They're much sweeter on social and I've no doubt are downright smitten. It's rare that they go more than two or three days apart. Someone would inevitably complain if we had to watch them be goo goo gaga over each other on both shows. The will they/won't add to the storyline.

Kyle was on WWHL and apparently is pissed at Craig for investing in a different alcoholic seltzer, one co-founded by friends, that allows him to design his own flavor/can. Kyle was really angry & kinda nasty about it. Not sure why he feels so entitled but coupled with his recent treatment of Amanda, it only made him look more petty.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I think both Lindsday and Carl wanted to get married. Either way, I think they're both pills, but Lindsay dodged a bigger bullet. He's a gaslighting jerk, and her asking questions about Carl's conversation with Kyle and him getting annoyed was ridiculous. He really does seem to want a Stepford wife (or Kyle, which I will always stand by). I don't know if the terms that Kyle was offering were good or not, but Carl should still negotiate, particularly if he was so damn miserable before. Plus Kyle knows that Carl is a people pleaser and will likely just take whatever is offered. 

I thought Jesse was total ICK when the season started, but I'm loving him now. Yes, he's a fuckboy but didn't hide it, and which West clearly is turning out to be. Good for Ciara for sticking to her boundaries and not giving in. And 

Regarding Paige and Craig, she's just giving lip service. I think?  Who knows. I think Paige got totally screwed over and is still afraid to really be vulnerable with Craig. Though I do see that she does really care about him. I'm rooting for them. Everyone does act like Craig is so great (myself included, but only when he doesn't drink), but he can be petty and also is just as gossipy as Paige.  I hope they make it. They're much more healthy that Kyle/Amanda which isn't saying much I know.

• Like 7
(edited)

Carl is clueless, immature, and kind of lazy. He knew Lindsey is not "soft", and a lot more things (he is on the show for eight years), but he wanted to marry her. So, he suddenly has a problem with it? It seems he uses excuses in order to cancel the wedding. His plan to "expose" Lindsey on the show as the perpetrator is not exactly working.

Kyle had to apologize on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live for calling Amanda lazy, and a bitch, but only after he was roasted on social media. I'm sure their circle didn't like it either.

Isn't Danielle labeled as an app creator on the show for at least two seasons (probably three)? Why didn't she present it earlier? It doesn't appear too impressive either.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
17 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

Good for Ciara for sticking to her boundaries and not giving in.

I don’t see Ciara having any boundaries whatsoever. She’s kinda sad actually. She moves into a house for a reality show for 4-6 weeks, falls “in love” with whatever single guy is there, he breaks her heart because he’s just there for a good time, wash and repeat. And now she’s leaving her nursing career to be a “model”. Sad, desperate, pathetic. Whatever you want to call it but she gets what she deserves because she does this to herself. 

17 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

Regarding Paige and Craig, she's just giving lip service. I think?  Who knows. I think Paige got totally screwed over and is still afraid to really be vulnerable with Craig. Though I do see that she does really care about him. I'm rooting for them. Everyone does act like Craig is so great (myself included, but only when he doesn't drink), but he can be petty and also is just as gossipy as Paige.  I hope they make it. They're much more healthy that Kyle/Amanda which isn't saying much I know.

I totally believe they are both in this “relationship” to keep cashing in on their Reality TV fame. Once the show ends and their popularity fades, so will their “relationship”. 

Carl's constant use of the word "career" in every conversation makes me realize that he just phones it in and wants all the benefits without doing...well, anything. He knows he doesn't have any real direction or plan which is why he's loaded for bear any time Lindsay brings it up. 

• Like 7
15 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Carl's constant use of the word "career" in every conversation makes me realize that he just phones it in and wants all the benefits without doing...well, anything. He knows he doesn't have any real direction or plan which is why he's loaded for bear any time Lindsay brings it up. 

At filming, he wasn’t quite a year into recovery.  The life he had under the influence is no longer and he really is quite lost.  Typically, he would use alcohol to allay his fear, albeit momentarily (the problems didn’t go away).

Now, he has no idea what to do next and, yes, he should be looking to his life partner to help him through.  Lindsey is incapable of that.   Carl should not be in a relationship at this point in his recovery at all with anyone.  He should be working full time with complete support on pulling his life together without alcohol.  

This is not a sprint, it is a marathon.  Without Lindsey as a millstone, he has a better chance of getting where he needs to be.  I dare say Summer House isn’t helping either.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Carl is over 3 years sober now so Summer 2023 he’d be over 2 years. Anyways he seems to use his sobriety as an excuse. He is just a fragile man child. He went back to Loverboy because it’s easy. Him and Kyke should just be together lol.

• Like 4

One of the new guys nailed it earlier in the season when Carl was pissing and moaning about Lindsay. He asked if she's always been like this. Bingo! Love her or hate her, Lindsay has always shown exactly who she is. She's not soft, she's not supportive, she's no one's cheerleader. What Carl was doing was like biting into a pepper and complaining that it's hot.

We watched Carl manipulate Lindsay into ending their relationship in an earlier season. All he had to do then was ask another woman out in front of her. He's been trying to get her to break up with him again, but none of the old triggers are working. Lindsay may not be a lovely person, but she has grown. Each of them will be better off without the other.

• Like 6

I've never liked Lindsay or Carl.  Lindsay has never been able to keep a man, and Carl was never able to keep a job until Kyle hired him.  As I recall Carl was fired from all the jobs he had until Kyle.

• Like 2
On 5/27/2024 at 10:15 PM, jaybird2 said:

I've never liked Lindsay or Carl.  Lindsay has never been able to keep a man, and Carl was never able to keep a job until Kyle hired him.  As I recall Carl was fired from all the jobs he had until Kyle.

I'm with you, except there was a time Carl was ok (maybe it was drunk Carl who knows?) but now he is insufferable. He just needs to admit he does not have much motivation to work or get married. Live the life you want to live Carl!

• Like 1