Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E09: My Precious Cacao

• Start Topic

Requesting updates please since I’m on severe weather coverage since the middle of survivor. TIA

• Hugs 2
(edited)

How is the finale next week?  It seems like it only just started.

I guess it goes faster when there are no non-elimination legs.

Edited by Browncoat
  • Like 6
Just now, nilyank said:

Dominican Republic. My birth country.

I know only two cities from when I was a child.

Here’s hoping it gets represented well.

• Like 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Requesting updates please since I’m on severe weather coverage since the middle of survivor. TIA

The first challenge is swimming through a cave kind of thing where there are hidden symbols from an indigenous tribe, then they have to come back and find rocks with the matching symbols, put them in order.  Memory and stamina.  

If I didn’t explain that quite right, y’all feel free to edit!

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 5

Paraphrasing

Vinny - I will try to listen to what she say. 

Amber - I will try not questioning Vinnie in an aggressive way.

1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

The first challenge is swimming through a cave kind of thing where there are hidden symbols from an indigenous tribe, then they have to come back and find rocks with the matching symbols, put them in order.  Memory and stamina.  

If I didn’t explain that quite right, y’all feel free to edit!

Before they get to the cave they have pathway/steps that is a bit of distance, so they can get tired out before they get to the water.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Who was the last 2-girl team to win the Race?

Amy & Maya, TAR25.

Oh, nice, run a commercial for the show replacing TAR. Stay classy, CBS.

• Like 3

Vinny and Amber have each uttered less than 10 words each at this point, and I already just WANT THEM OFF MY SCREEN! 

Can't someone invent an app that would allow you to mute specific people in a show?  I really don't know if I can handle them any more.  I was watching one of the Rob has a Podcast videos last week (Danny & Angie's exit interview) and there was a recap video by Amber & Vinny in the sidebar.  I don't think I made it through 30 seconds before turning it off.  They're planning their wedding!  Seriously???  ugh.

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

Teams running up the path... where are the guides they chose at the bottom of the path?  Or did the guides just get them suited up?

• Like 3

WTH was Biden doing in the Dominican Republic for 45 days and what does Melissa do for a living? Secret Service?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Why didn't Vinnie do this?

Because you have to do some of the Roadblock.

There was a previous season where teams had to jump in cave/water thing like this. Maybe in Europe?

• Like 3
Just now, Lantern7 said:

I miss Walla Walla. I’d expect Danny to talk about doing cryptology as a hobby.

And not be NEARLY as good at it as he thinks he is.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

WTH was Biden doing in the Dominican Republic for 45 days and what does Melissa do for a living? Secret Service?

I think in the first show they said in was in NSA but they barely had any screentime for the first half of the season, that I forgot

• Useful 2

So, wait.  All of the rock symbols are around that last pool of water?  None of them were higher up?  It seems like no one is having to walk back up to start the water bit all over again.  They're all just swimming back in the pool. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

this challenge is a lot harder than people think

It does seem to be one of the toughest they've had so far this season. Both physically and mentally.

• Like 12
1 minute ago, chaifan said:

So, wait.  All of the rock symbols are around that last pool of water?  None of them were higher up?  It seems like no one is having to walk back up to start the water bit all over again.  They're all just swimming back in the pool. 

From the explanation, I thought they'd have to start over.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Can't any of them do this challenge by themselves?

This is a task that it makes sense to team up.  A 2 heads are better than 1 situation.  Also, if it were me, I'd treat this like a mega leg - the goal is simply to survive, to not come in last, to get in the final 4.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
6 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Can't any of them do this challenge by themselves?

Well, Amber is having to.

Those coconuts look uncomfortable to wear.

• Like 7
Just now, Grizzly said:

Those coconuts look uncomfortable to wear.

No worse than some of the bras I've tried on lately.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
Just now, Grizzly said:

Remind me not to work with Cesar. Sucks that Melissa doesn't have it.

It sounded like Cesar gave good hints/help, though.  She should be able to get it.  

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

It sounded like Cesar gave good hints/help, though.  She should be able to get it.  

She had only one wrong and I think it was the one that Cesar told her m and w on the design.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Chocolate is a rough business. John Oliver did a segment about it on his show.

Yep.

I think that Rod and Leticia have a good strategy of cracking the cacao while they are picking them.

• Like 1

I hope they don't wreck all that cacao -- and that they make sure to get ripe ones.  Chocolate is expensive enough as it is!  

Also, don't eat it!  It is not tasty until sugar is added.

Just now, Lantern7 said:

Chocolate is a rough business. John Oliver did a segment about it on his show.

I saw people in Colonial Williamsburg making it the 18th century way, and it was brutal then.  

• Like 4

Of course you're tired, Vinny.  Stop climbing the trees and use the cutting tool!  Or y'know, keep doing what you're doing so maybe y'all will be eliminated.

• Like 8

Hitting a bottle cap with a broomstick?  Damn.  That would be a challenge for me.  The throwing and catching?  No problem.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

There was a previous season where teams had to jump in cave/water thing like this. Maybe in Europe?

Are you thinking of Corsica?

• Like 1