Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E10: Reef Madness

• Start Topic

Parker and Knight discover three bodies on an old Navy ship that's about to be sunk and turned into an artificial reef, when they're suddenly locked inside by a mysterious figure; Vance offers Knight a unique opportunity.

Season 21 Finale. Airs May 6th 9:00pm ET

45 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Really???!! After saving his life, Parker still can't be honest with Knight about the little girl.

Ya. I thought it was one of his older siblings. Interview with the producer said it was Parker's childhood friend, I think. And how was his mom's death (?) related to little girl Lily?

Show gave Knight disproportionate focus these 10 episodes, but I'm glad she was the agent stuck with Gary Cole. Because Wilmer and especially Sean Murray cannot bring the dire intensity.

• Like 3

A good episode but I hope agent Knight isn't leaving.  She's the one female character besides Zeva and Abby that I've liked.  I liked her taking the job because that's what she wanted to do, but I'm looking for some type of intervention.

I'm also hoping for the end of Jimmy and Jess relationship.  There's just isn't any connection there.

So unrealistic that the team allows Jimmy and Kasie to tag along with them and put them in harms way.  The writers should know better and probably think we wouldn't notice.

I was hoping Kasie would be the one to possibly leave NCIS.  I think she brings nothing to the show.  She tries to be funny and cute like Abby but falls flat!

• Like 1
(edited)
21 hours ago, rr2911 said:

A good episode but I hope agent Knight isn't leaving.  She's the one female character besides Zeva and Abby that I've liked.  I liked her taking the job because that's what she wanted to do, but I'm looking for some type of intervention.

I'm also hoping for the end of Jimmy and Jess relationship.  There's just isn't any connection there.

So unrealistic that the team allows Jimmy and Kasie to tag along with them and put them in harms way.  The writers should know better and probably think we wouldn't notice.

I was hoping Kasie would be the one to possibly leave NCIS.  I think she brings nothing to the show.  She tries to be funny and cute like Abby but falls flat!

I love Katrina Law so I hope she is not leaving.  But I did like the relationship between Jess and Jimmy.  It had a maturity and calmness that the other relationships didn’t.  I hated the constant bickering of Tony and Kate/Ziva and the ridiculousness of Bishop/Torres. 

Edited by Aliconehead
  • Like 12
25 minutes ago, Aliconehead said:

U hated the constant bickering of Tony and Kate/Ziva and the ridiculousness of Bishop/Torres. 

One of the reasons why Tony/Ziva worked because the show teased us with their relationship.  Only in the end did it come out.  They were both in separate relationships but you knew there was something there.  I liked the bickering between the two.  I agree with you about Bishop/Torres.

(edited)

I'll sit here at my table for one at the JJ shipping club. I like the relationship because it breaks with so many tropes and because it is (relatively) drama-free. 

Of course Parker needs a childhood drama plus some parental baggage *sigh*

Regardless of my feelings for the JJ ship I hope Katrina Law stays on the show because she's by far my favorite female character on this show. (I liked Ziva before she got a backstory that was more convoluted than a ball of wool after a playing session with half a dozen kittens high on catnip.)

Edited by MissLucas
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

I was genuinely surprised Jess took the job. I couldn't help but feel that her decision was made when Parker didn't tell her about Lily, yet I was still surprised when she said yes.

I thought they were going for a "Lily went overboard and drowned" angle.

My heart broke for Jimmy a bit, when Jess said yes. I think they are my two favourite characters, separately, and I do like them together when their relationship is mature and relatively drama-free. Not that Jimmy was really behaving that way in this episode, though.

I feel like they will move the job to DC and have Jess do both the training and NCIS part time...or have her just do 6-week blocks or something of training, a few times a year.

• Like 7

I'm just not gonna watch season finales anymore. I hate cliffhangers!!! Even one like this, where we just want to know if an actor is returning. 

• Like 3

At least they didn't leave us hanging with Jess going underwater and Parker bleeding out from his leg!! Two possible deaths to ponder over the off season.  Jess maybe leaving, is by far less dramatic because you kind of know she will end up still being around somehow...

• Like 6

I wonder if the actress wants to leave or she's just the next in the revolving door of women on the team.  Hope neither.  I like her and am probably the only person that misses Bishop (I've actually liked them all.). I, also, like her low-drama relationship with Jimmy.

I also like Kacey and don't think she's trying to be like Abby.  The NCIS writers make all their techs quirky.  Abby was starting to annoy me.  I like Kacey better.

A couple minor things I noticed and liked:

When the couple were confessing their ridiculous chain of events, the look on Torres' face was priceless.  Tim was good, too, but I went back just to watch Torres again.

While Palmer was reviving Parker, it was Tim holding Knight.  Yes, Palmer was needed for his medical skills, but I appreciated that it wasn't a "I have to console my poor fragile girlfriend" moment, but a "I need to help my teammate regulate her body temperature" moment.  Might have actually not have had that much thought behind it, but I'm going with my interpretation.

I liked the ep.  It's the season finale?  Oh,well.

• Like 4
On 5/6/2024 at 10:10 PM, Grizzly said:

Really???!! After saving his life, Parker still can't be honest with Knight about the little girl.

I'm not sure he remembered her.  Like maybe he blanked out her and whatever happened.  I guess we'll see next season.

On 5/7/2024 at 1:05 AM, rr2911 said:

I was hoping Kasie would be the one to possibly leave NCIS.  I think she brings nothing to the show. 

I just wish she wasn't quirky too.  Does she have to be weird?  Is it something about being a tv forensic scientist which makes women so cutesy and annoying?  I ended up feeling that way about Abby, too, but I was hoping Kasie would be different enough for me to like her.  But no.

On 5/7/2024 at 12:17 PM, rr2911 said:

One of the reasons why Tony/Ziva worked because the show teased us with their relationship.  Only in the end did it come out.  They were both in separate relationships but you knew there was something there.  I liked the bickering between the two.  I agree with you about Bishop/Torres.

Nothing about them ever worked for me.  And I got so tired of Ziva's daddy issues.  Plus, Tony was just a walking sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.

On 5/7/2024 at 8:26 PM, MissLucas said:

(I liked Ziva before she got a backstory that was more convoluted than a ball of wool after a playing session with half a dozen kittens high on catnip.)

Me too.  I preferred Kate, but like Ziva at first but it just got to be too much.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Me too.  I preferred Kate, but like Ziva at first but it just got to be too much.

The problem with Kate: I know the actor wanted out which is why the character got killed off, but if Kate had been on as many seasons as Ziva and Ellie who knows how much she would have changed. We might have ended up hating her😎

• Like 3
1 hour ago, proserpina65 said:
On 5/7/2024 at 10:17 AM, rr2911 said:

Nothing about them ever worked for me.  And I got so tired of Ziva's daddy issues.  Plus, Tony was just a walking sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.

I was constantly annoyed with tony's sexual harassment and his constant put downs of McGee. Ziva was OK for me in the beginning, but I agree, daddy issues got to be too much. 

I wish Kate had hung around longer but I guess there was some issue we weren't privy to besides the given reason of "The part was physically too much for her.."

23 minutes ago, mammaM said:

The problem with Kate: I know the actor wanted out which is why the character got killed off, but if Kate had been on as many seasons as Ziva and Ellie who knows how much she would have changed. We might have ended up hating her😎

Very true!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, mammaM said:

I hated her from the start. It's no wonder the Secret Service let her go, she couldn't safeguard a houseplant. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 5/6/2024 at 10:10 PM, Grizzly said:

Me again. There is a school of thought that Parker genuinely doesn't remember Lily, and her memories only become un-repressed when he is hallucinating in his moments of surrender (deathbed).

He did tell Knight "honest" when in that hospital bed. Will make for some fascinating anguish next season I guess.

Also, people guess that Ma-Parker either had a ship-related death too, or she blames Parker for Lily's death. I prefer to think the tragedy is Ma-Pa(rker) died too. P seemed to have a loving impression of his ma last season iirc (episode with his dad Roman in that shady nursing home).

• Like 2
(edited)

I haven't read any news that Katrina Law is not returning. You have to remember Gibbs "retired" the end of season three, and was back on the team three episodes into the next season. Perhaps she's on the fence, and the writers are just covering their asses, considering how they'd been caught flat-footed with Cote's departure.

This was more interesting that I'd thought it would be,  considering it was essentially Parker and Knight stuck in a ship-the actual crime was almost an afterthought.

When Knight said she could hold her breath a long time, my brain immediately thought of Leslie Neilson in "Creepshow".

Edited by StarBrand
  • Like 1

I thought Parker hated ships because he was hiding on one for multiple days on some long ago mission? So now there’s a new ‘ I hate ships’ backstory? 

• Like 1
On 5/12/2024 at 2:11 PM, mythoughtis said:

I thought Parker hated ships because he was hiding on one for multiple days on some long ago mission? So now there’s a new ‘ I hate ships’ backstory? 

Good imagination, but that's your imagination. The only traumatic backstory NCIS knows how to do is family: ex-wives, childhood, more ex-wives, parents, an odd sibling.

Which is a shame, because Parker's story wasn't on screen since he was 50 and younger like Gibbs. Parker's story to viewers only started when he was 60+.

• Like 3