Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: Challenge #4: On Tour

• Start Topic

Tonight, the competition continues as the top five dancers take on a tour challenge. This week the dancers will take on a tour-themed challenge featuring two performances for musician T-Pain choreographed by Fullout Cortland and Kyle Hanagami. Who will rise to the challenge and who will be dancing for their lives in the hopes of remaining on the show? Based on the challenges the bottom performers will have to dance for their lives and someone will be eliminated every week until the season finale where one person will win $100,000 and be crowned the winner of So You Think You Can Dance. Tune into the all-new "Challenge #4: On Tour" episode of So You Think You Can Dance airing Monday, May 6 (9:02 - 10:00 ET/PT) on FOX.

Red costumes with red lights. White costumes with white lights. I couldn't pick anyone out.

Cat put her arm around T-Pain like he was one of her dancers 🙂

Just occurred to me that we never see HMV or bicycle peddling. When did those (finally) fall out of style? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

So did they add a sound effect of that girl’s hip injury or was that the real thing? It was a sound of a pop.  Wouldn’t the show be required to send her to the hospital for examination for insurance purposes?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

As I listened to Black Pink and T Pain tonight, I realized that cutting the dancers and dancers down so much is actually cutting down my exposure to music I don't listen to.  I remember that my mixtape (CD) in 2009 was filled with tunes from SYTYCda and SYTYCD from that season.  That's very sad for people like me who live alone in a shack with few outside pop culture influences.

I really liked the group show at the top (have to agree, Easton stands out for looking unsure of himself).  I really like Cortland's choreo (could have done with less costuming) for the 1st TPain piece and was too immersed in clothing and props for the Hanagami choreo in the 2nd one.  

It seemed to me that Mariyah danced her solo as if it were her last one on the show.  It was wonderful, but her body just had this tone of defeat despite all of its amazing movement and politics.  I would have kept her over Easton myself.  But I suppose it suits their purposes to have two guys and two girls next week.

I did not see what they were saying about Andy's<ETC Antony's> love interest (sorry. can't remember her name on so little acquaintance). She was serviceable.

I like that their plot with the housing isn't working out so well.  Andy<Anthony> was reciting that speech as if he were COERCED into giving it to his love interest.  I wish the program was leaving it alone.  I can't help but feel that they (Andy<Anthony> and love interest) are being paid to do this, OR they were already bf and gf.  I don't buy the new love angle.

I loved when Maks pulled out the chair on JoJo.  I have to say that I have come around very far to almost liking the judging panel.  No screaming about trains, no emotional manipulation intended for the audience.  It's interesting.  I wish they weren't making Alison such a marm, but possibly that is who she really is.

Edited by crowceilidh
2 hours ago, crowceilidh said:

I have to say that I have come around very far to almost liking the judging panel.  No screaming about trains, no emotional manipulation intended for the audience.  It's interesting. 

Agree 100%!  Now all they have to do is return to our regularly scheduled program and we just might have a winner.

• Like 4

Shows how memorable this show is - his name is Anthony, not Andy, heh.

That didn’t feel like tour dancing as much as routines based around a live singer.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

What's that??

HMV is “here’s my vagina” which was an insanely overused posture that a lot of contemporary dancers used. Same with awkward flat foot “bicycle peddling”. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Madison is by far my favorite dancer on the show. I hope her injury doesn't take her out.

Easton is a wonderful dancer, but he reminds me of a competition dancer more than a professional. He just needs to trade in his Zoolander expression for some swag and he should have a career.

Edited by rlc
  • Like 3

I would say that Madison is my favourite performer on the show.  I  thought there should have been more medical intervention on her hip than we were shown and I don't believe that she didn't spend time in hospital investigating it if she is as bad as I think she was.  I wish they wouldn't lie to us dangerously  like that.  It could end someone's career to think that all one needed to do was dance through the pain.

I think I would pick Anthony or Easton as my favourite dancers.  But both of their faces need work, Easton more than Anthony.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, rlc said:

Madison is by far my favorite dancer on the show. I hope her injury doesn't take her out.

Easton is a wonderful dancer, but he reminds me of a competition dancer more than a professional. He just needs to trade in his Zoolander expression for some swag and he should have a carreer.

Madison is my favorite too. Easton is technically good but  his expressions are not real. He reminds me of other competition dancers that do fake angsty facials or other expressions. I liked Mariyah's solo more this week than last. She has more unique moves in comparison to Easton.

• Like 2

This was my favourite episode so far. Just having the energy of an audience really changed things in my eyes. It was dynamic. Also T-Pain seems chill and I appreciated that. The show is still a mess but this was an improvement for me.

I agree with the comments above about liking the judging panel. I wish we could see them in the proper format for this show. 

• Like 3

First time this season, went back and watched all three dances.  Pretty interesting.  Very hard to distinguish between people at those speeds and complexities of movement in super similar costumes.  Loved the opening number again. 

Given how tall Max is, I wonder at him not defending Anthony more.  Anthony's moves are more impressive than he has been given credence for because he is tall and long-limbed.  It is easier for Easton's body to be perfect, so far as I understand the issue.

Mariyah's face, after the 3rd dance, telegraphed HARD that she knew she was going. Before the solos.  Interesting. Was that just like her previous emoting over soloing - she's just taken the whole thing inwards?

(edited)

I haven't watched for a while now so I could be under a misapprehension, but I feel like the show's initials should be SYTYCDC, the last letter's being for "Contemporary."

Still standing by my Easton prediction. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 1