Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
DittyDotDot

S04.E07: It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester

Recommended Posts

Sam and Dean investigate a witch case and find out that they have to confront the powerful demon of Halloween, who only rises every 600 years

 

Witches...eeewwww! ;)

 

So, Sam finally gets to meet an angel and they're dicks, sorry Sammy. I was really expecting something more from Supernatural in doing a Halloween episode, but whatever. There's nothing really wrong with this episode (other than the pronunciation of Samhain, that is), but nothing really makes it a standout either. I am, however, rather drawn to the way Sam realizes what he's been praying to and believing in isn't what he thought it was and I'm really proud of Dean for encouraging Sam to keep believing in something. And I do love the little scene at the end between Dean and Cass--their roles were kinda reversed from the end of Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester. I still do wonder what the point of the chubby astronaut TPing Baby, but I barely care enough to even ask the question, so whatever again.

 

 

ETA: Forgot to mention that I am a little skeeved out by 30-year-old Dean lusting after what he thought was a high school cheerleader, though.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Well, the party she went to appears to be a "G-rated assfest" and the booze are triple-locked which led me to conclude it was "approved" high school party. And when Sam and Dean first arrive at the party crime scene: Dean says he's got this one; Sam says "jailbait", Dean say's "I would never" which says underage girl to me. When they're in the high school art room and Dean is having his hell flashbacks with those masks, Sam asks him if it brings back memories of being a teenager and all that angst. Don, the fake high school art teacher said she was an emancipated teenager. And finally, there is a shot of the laptop with Tracy's info that says she's in grade 11 (a junior in high school) and would make her around 16-17 years old.

 

I get it, Dean's a horn dog and I don't have a problem with him being such--in fact its one of the things I love about him--it's just that it's a bit skeevy when not age appropriate. It's not the only time he's lusting after teenage girls in S4, either, but I'll save that for when we get there. And, it's one of the things that makes Dean returning from Hell and his "secret" harder to accept later, too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ah thanks for that. I largely shouldn't even comment on this episode because I barely remember anything other than Dean's flashbacks whilst looking at the masks and him seeing Sam going all Hand of Epicac on Samhain.

Edited by catrox14

Share this post


Link to post

Hee @Jediknight. Although I always thought that that was likely the most mean-spirited of the Peanuts stories as a kid. When you're a kid, what could be worse than not getting candy for Halloween.

 

I think I was most disappointed that Dean didn't quite put together angels are dicks, so therefore maybe they aren't being quite truthful about "we don't want Sam to use his powers" or at least that there was something fishy there about the attitude, because I could see right off that the angels - and Uriel in particular - were being weird about that. "You have to stop the seals from breaking at all costs! This is very important!   ...  "Wait, use your powers to stop seals from breaking, even though that's the best weapon you have? No, you can't do that. I don't care if people would have died. I told you not to, so that's that. You have to find another way, even though you are puny humans and we are powerful angels and even we can't do it." There was something completely illogical about that whole thought process, and I'm disappointed that Dean didn't figure out earlier that there was more going on than met the eye.
 

I still do wonder what the point of the chubby astronaut

 

It was kind of cute with Dean's "astronaut!" But I couldn't help being reminded of the more - for me - memorable use of "astronaut!" during the caveman vs astronaut debate on Angel. Of course despite my belief in the power of science, astronaut was totally the incorrect answer for that one. Sorry, Angel. Caveman wins that one.

Edited by AwesomO4000

Share this post


Link to post

This episode is largely forgettable for me.  Usually skip right past it.

its hard not to get annoyed at all the manipulation going on.  And knowing how the season ends and where everyone's loyalties land, it's hard not to yell at my TV.  Lol

I really despise Uriel. And I agree with the poster above me, how the boys didn't call foul on the Angels manipulations is beyond me.  They want two human guys to save the day when they can't do it themselves? 

Sam's earnestness when talking to Uriel and Cas, and his disappointment in heaven and Angels after realizing that they're nothing like he thought/hoped is pretty heartbreaking too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good ole Sam and Dean, taken in by a pretty face.  They already knew the girl was the only connection to the one guy that ate the candy, yet they let their guard down because she "seemed" to be in danger and thus "must be a good girl."  

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think I've seen this one all the way through since it first aired. Great meeting between Castiel and Sam, with Sam fangirling and Cas shooting it down with the awkward handholding and judgment. Uriel's a dick. It's a nice change of pace to see Dean telling Sam to keep his faith. "Babe Ruth was a dick, but baseball's still a beautiful game." Nice fakeout with the evil cheerleader actually being evil. I like when they get lucky when Sam isn't certain of the lore. Dean's reaction is always priceless. Poor stoned guy from Baby Daddy. Aw, Sam, you gotta stop making terrible choices. I like Uriel beginning to reveal the truth about Dean's time in hell. I love Dean and Castiel's last conversation. I like seeing Castiel's love of humanity come out. I like him and Dean growing closer and I like Castiel having faith in Dean. And I like that Castiel isn't just a hammer like Dean said. This episode is a huge step forward to me for Castiel as a three-dimensional character. 

I want the blankets from their motel room.

Astronaut!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I have a question. Sam stated that he wanted to use his powers because most of the victims survived while they didn't when they used the knife. If that was the case, why didn't he use the knife on Samhain? The teacher was dead and the body was only being inhabited by the demon. He was able to hold his own during hand to hand so why didn't he kill him with the knife instead of using his powers? I didn't catch this the first time that I watched but I'm interested in hearing if anyone else thought of that.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I have a question. Sam stated that he wanted to use his powers because most of the victims survived while they didn't when they used the knife. If that was the case, why didn't he use the knife on Samhain? The teacher was dead and the body was only being inhabited by the demon. He was able to hold his own during hand to hand so why didn't he kill him with the knife instead of using his powers? I didn't catch this the first time that I watched but I'm interested in hearing if anyone else thought of that.

Well,

Spoiler

I don't think the knife would kill Samhain--it barely tickled Alistair.

But that's kinda immaterial because I think Sam was trying to convince himself the powers were something good in order to keep using them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Well,

  Reveal hidden contents

I don't think the knife would kill Samhain--it barely tickled Alistair.

But that's kinda immaterial because I think Sam was trying to convince himself the powers were something good in order to keep using them.

But he hadn't even been introduced yet so Sam wouldn't know that it wouldn't work. One of his arguments as to why his powers were good was because the victim wouldn't die, only the demon would. In this case there wasn't a victim only a possessed corpse so why not use the knife?

Edited by DeeDee79

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

But he hadn't even been introduced yet so Sam wouldn't know that it wouldn't work.

Right, like I said, it was immaterial that it probably wouldn't have worked. I think Sam told himself the knife wouldn't be enough and they needed his powers because was trying to come up with excuses to use his powers.

Spoiler

It's classical addiction behavior, IMO, we just didn't know he was addicted yet.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

Right, like I said, it was immaterial that it probably wouldn't have worked. I think Sam told himself the knife wouldn't be enough and they needed his powers because was trying to come up with excuses to use his powers.

  Reveal hidden contents

It's classical addiction behavior, IMO, we just didn't know he was addicted yet.

Interesting opinion. Thanks for your thoughts :)

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

he hadn't even been introduced yet so Sam wouldn't know that it wouldn't work. One of his arguments as to why his powers were good was because the victim wouldn't die, only the demon would. In this case there wasn't a victim only a possessed corpse so why not use the knife?

IMO San got off on the power at this point and he didn't care about the meatsuits.

Spoiler

IMO he already knew what he was capable of doing which is why him going up against Alisatiar was not even a thing he blinked at. The hubris was already at work.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

IMO it was never addiction, not in the physical sense which is why in s5

Spoiler

They had to make up the BS that he needed to power up with demon blood because they had to justify the physical power and to make sure Sam had a reason to face his 'addiction' again. , You know the angst and tragedy

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/09/2014 at 4:05 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

 

I think I was most disappointed that Dean didn't quite put together angels are dicks, so therefore maybe they aren't being quite truthful about "we don't want Sam to use his powers" or at least that there was something fishy there about the attitude, because I could see right off that the angels - and Uriel in particular - were being weird about that. "You have to stop the seals from breaking at all costs! This is very important!   ...  "Wait, use your powers to stop seals from breaking, even though that's the best weapon you have? No, you can't do that. I don't care if people would have died. I told you not to, so that's that. You have to find another way, even though you are puny humans and we are powerful angels and even we can't do it." There was something completely illogical about that whole thought process, and I'm disappointed that Dean didn't figure out earlier that there was more going on than met the eye.
 

 

 

well that's because the angels' views align with his own about sam and his powers so it makes sense why he would be totally on board with that whole deal.

-----

and as for the lusting after the teen girl, for once i was confused. as the conversation goes:

"So, our apple-bobbing cheerleader?"

"Tracy?"

"Mm-hmm?"

"The Wallaces' babysitter. Told me she never even heard of Luke Wallace."

"Huh, interesting look for a centuries-old witch."

"Yeah, well, if you were a six-hundred-year-old hag and you could pick any costume to come back in, wouldn't you go for a hot cheerleader? I would, hmm…"

so i thought, dean wants to come back as a woman or in this case, a female???? that wasn't worded right. then i was raised aware of the joke being slightly or straight on pedophilic, but i just assumed he was thinking of his sexy times back when he was around her age, and what he would do to her is she was alive in his day. it's like admitting if you would crush on a cute 8 year old if you were around his/her age. so in this sense dean was just admitting the truth about the girl being attractive, which makes him not blind, so that can be shrugged of for me.

and honestly i can't believe i'm defending dean on his perverted adventures because it tires me and my sister tf out every single time, lol. my mother loves it. in fact she constantly scolds sam for not being as perverted as sam i guess? she's so turned off how he's so annoyed by dean and Peter. she's like "what is the matter with him, dean is the normal straight man, it's sam who's the strange one." like if it's normal for a man to think and want sex at the rate dean does, i'll skip tbh lol. he'd be great to hang around but i would have to keep punching him in the face with him and his sex craze. it would be even worse since i'm a virgin and we know how he acts around them already!

oh yeah and speaking of when ruby said "we need someone who's a virgin" in just in bello my brother deadass said "Why can't they just use Sam?" LMAO when i asked why he said he had always assumed he was a virgin. aw man, if dean was a real person and my brother said that to his face, he would crack up for sure and use it on sam for the rest of their lives.

-------

my sister and mother watched sam use his powers without me so i didn't see it :( i didn't even know what happened until i saw the angel getting angry at sam. i never fully trusted ruby, but i trusted her on using sam's powers. but now i'm not so sure anymore. maybe she's making sam use his powers so he can get more evil? i don't know, we'll have to wait for her to come up again in some episodes to see.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Iju said:

well that's because the angels' views align with his own about sam and his powers so it makes sense why he would be totally on board with that whole deal.

The angels are afraid for Sam? Cause that's Dean's view on Sam right now. He's afraid of him and FOR HIM. He's very much worried about what the powers could possibly do to Sam. That's pretty obvious by his reaction at the end of the episode.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The angels are afraid for Sam? Cause that's Dean's view on Sam right now. He's afraid of him and FOR HIM. He's very much worried about what the powers could possibly do to Sam. That's pretty obvious by his reaction at the end of the episode.

And it's also obvious because that's been his stance since he found out about them and especially when he found out that they were Azazel's doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, Iju said:

so i thought, dean wants to come back as a woman or in this case, a female???? that wasn't worded right. then i was raised aware of the joke being slightly or straight on pedophilic, but i just assumed he was thinking of his sexy times back when he was around her age, and what he would do to her is she was alive in his day. it's like admitting if you would crush on a cute 8 year old if you were around his/her age. so in this sense dean was just admitting the truth about the girl being attractive, which makes him not blind, so that can be shrugged of for me.

 I always took that 100% straightforward and true from Dean. Not that he wanted to necessarily be a female but that given the choice he would be a hot young female cheerleader.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Iju said:

and honestly i can't believe i'm defending dean on his perverted adventures because it tires me and my sister tf out every single time, lol. my mother loves it. in fact she constantly scolds sam for not being as perverted as sam i guess? she's so turned off how he's so annoyed by dean and Peter. she's like "what is the matter with him, dean is the normal straight man, it's sam who's the strange one." like if it's normal for a man to think and want sex at the rate dean does, i'll skip tbh lol. he'd be great to hang around but i would have to keep punching him in the face with him and his sex craze. it would be even worse since i'm a virgin and we know how he acts around them already!

Are you saying that having a healthy sex drive makes Dean (or anyone) a pervert?

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Are you saying that having a healthy sex drive makes Dean a pervert?

Seriously! I honestly don't get where he's a pervert. Also the amount of times we actually see Dean make a comment & hook up are not as numerous as some make it out to be. 

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, he doesn't want virgins to be killed. That seems pretty decent. Even if he's surprised there are virgins. 

1 hour ago, Iju said:

and honestly i can't believe i'm defending dean on his perverted adventures because it tires me and my sister tf out every single time, lol. my mother loves it. in fact she constantly scolds sam for not being as perverted as sam i guess? she's so turned off how he's so annoyed by dean and Peter. she's like "what is the matter with him, dean is the normal straight man, it's sam who's the strange one." like if it's normal for a man to think and want sex at the rate dean does, i'll skip tbh lol. he'd be great to hang around but i would have to keep punching him in the face with him and his sex craze. it would be even worse since i'm a virgin and we know how he acts around them already!

I'm honestly not sure if you're serious with this or not.  

Sam has been shown kissing Jessica and the sex is implied since she was his live in girlfriend. Sam kissed Sarah, had hot sex with a werewolf, had sex dreams about Bela. Ruby is an unknown at this point.

Dean has had on screen with Cassie, his ex girlfriend, may or may not have kissed the chick in Tall Tales, had a three way in s3. And I think that's pretty much it for Dean on screen that I can recall.

Pretty standard sex drives for both of them, if you ask me.  Surely, someone has the numbers on this in the B v J thread LOL

ETA: Dean flirts with EVERYONE and his ratio of flirting to completing a sex act is pretty much not skewed in his favor.

Sam doesn't flirt but seems to get laid a lot more IMO.  But like I said, I bet there are some stats on this somewhere on this site. If not, I should do the research....for science. 

Edited by catrox14

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The angels are afraid for Sam? Cause that's Dean's view on Sam right now. He's afraid of him and FOR HIM. He's very much worried about what the powers could possibly do to Sam. That's pretty obvious by his reaction at the end of the episode.

no i wasn't implying that at all. i just said they didn't want sam using his powers, and neither does dean. that's why dean is probably so gung ho on their opinion of sam not using them, also he was appealing to sam's faith in angels and heaven to further prove his point. their own opinions are completely different of course, they aren't brothers with sam.

20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

 I always took that 100% straightforward and true from Dean. Not that he wanted to necessarily be a female but that given the choice he would be a hot young female cheerleader.

yeah i know, it just sounded a bit weird coming out, i think it could have been worded differently.

7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Are you saying that having a healthy sex drive makes Dean (or anyone) a pervert?

i mean come on even sam gives him an eye sometimes. and isn't looking at porn generally considered perverted?

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:13 PM, catrox14 said:

Hey, he doesn't want virgins to be killed. That seems pretty decent. Even if he's surprised there are virgins. 

True dat! I took his comment in Jus In Bello as disbelief that anyone in the station was a virgin given the ages of all that were present, not that he was baffled that anyone would be a virgin period. Also, it's not as if he was disdainful after finding out that Nancy was a virgin; he seem kind of awed by it.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, Iju said:

i mean come on even sam gives him an eye sometimes. and isn't looking at porn generally considered perverted?

Umm, no it isn't. Dean walked in on Sam looking at porn in Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things in season 2 and he had a sex dream about Bela. Sam isn't a paragon of virtue.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

ETA: Dean caught Sam watching porn in s2

14 minutes ago, Iju said:

i mean come on even sam gives him an eye sometimes. and isn't looking at porn generally considered perverted?

 

Sam gives Dean a side eye for breathing sometimes. Sam isn't a saint and isn't any better than Dean when it comes to lots of sex and consumption of porn.

And neither are perverts for watching porn.

Edited by catrox14
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Hey, he doesn't want virgins to be killed. That seems pretty decent. Even if he's surprised there are virgins. 

I'm honestly not sure if you're serious with this or not.  

Sam has been shown kissing Jessica and the sex is implied since she was his live in girlfriend. Sam kissed Sarah, had hot sex with a werewolf, had sex dreams about Bela. Ruby is an unknown at this point.

Dean has had on screen with Cassie, his ex girlfriend, may or may not have kissed the chick in Tall Tales, had a three way in s3. And I think that's pretty much it for Dean on screen that I can recall.

Pretty standard sex drives for both of them, if you ask me.  Surely, someone has the numbers on this in the B v J thread LOL

ETA: Dean flirts with EVERYONE and his ratio of flirting to completing a sex act is pretty much not skewed in his favor.

Sam doesn't flirt but seems to get laid a lot more IMO.  But like I said, I bet there are some stats on this somewhere on this site. If not, I should do the research....for science. 

 

ok i think everyone is on a tangent here. i wasn't really serious about calling dean a pervert, it's just an exaggeration that me and my sister use when we are exasperated with his ways sometimes. we even sometimes say we hate him and call him stupid but we don't mean an ounce of it. it's just how we are with each other and others as well.

and as for the actual sex dean does or is doing or whatever, i wasn't talking about that but his endless looking behind women and cracking sex jokes and all. i wasn't literally talking about his physical interactions. and again i wasn't serious in calling him that, neither of us are. in a way it's a term of endearment, we always end up grinning anyway.

30 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

True dat! I took his comment in Jus In Bello as disbelief that anyone in the station was a virgin given the ages of all that were present, not that he was baffled that anyone would be a virgin period. Also, it's not as if he was disdainful after finding out that Nancy was a virgin; he seem kind of awed by it.

Umm, no it isn't. Dean walked in on Sam looking at porn in Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things in season 2 and he had a sex dream about Bela. Sam isn't a paragon of virtue,

wait what? i wasn't saying he would hate virgins. i'm sorry when i posted i literally put out the thoughts in my head and just post it so many of you maybe don't understand. what i meant by that was if i was friends with dean he would probably tease around about my being a virgin. you know, all in good fun. i can imagine sam stepping on his foot and telling him to stop and funny scenarios like that. i'm actually very confused on how anyone could take it that he would hate virgins....

bringing up sam is kinda uneeded because me and my sister reacted the same about sam that we do to dean when those moments happened, so we're not picking sides or anything. but as i said it's all in good fun. 

22 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

ETA: Dean caught Sam watching porn in s2

 

Sam gives Dean a side eye for breathing sometimes. Sam isn't a saint and isn't any better than Dean when it comes to lots of sex and consumption of porn.

And neither are perverts for watching porn.

 

LOL

well i wouldn't really know since it's a very hushed up thing and i have have two brothers and a father and none of them act like dean. just different upbringing i guess.

Edited by Iju

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Iju said:

bringing up sam is kinda uneeded because me and my sister reacted the same about sam that we do to dean when those moments happened, so we're not picking sides or anything. but as i said it's all in good fun. 

I brought up Sam because of this statement that you made:

Quote

i mean come on even sam gives him an eye sometimes. and isn't looking at porn generally considered perverted?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Are you saying that having a healthy sex drive makes Dean (or anyone) a pervert?

No, If you read the first post in the thread, I was saying when Dean was lusting after the teenager it skeeved me out--not with the computer, but after the apple bobbing incident when he's watching her ass and such. Then he had some comments on which cheerleaders were legal too that I found borderline gross. I never said Dean was a pervert, but he's a 30 year old man and was lusting after what he thought was a 16-year-old girl--this was before he knew she was a centuries-old witch.

At the time I said the comment--four or five years ago--there were multiple cases of 13- to 14-year-old girls being tossed around a group of 30-to 40-year-old men and then being dropped when they became of legal age in this supposedly forward-thinking and idyllic little community I live in. I knew a few of the girls and their stories were very sad and I remember being pissed off at local men and women--educated men and women--sitting around coffee shops blaming these little girls and saying it was all just natural harmless fun. What were these men supposed to do, those girls were just trash. 

Anyway, I know the show wasn't saying Dean would actually have sex with a teenage girl, they were just making a joke. It just hit a little too close to home so I commented on how I just didn't find it funny.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Iju said:

ok i think everyone is on a tangent here. i wasn't really serious about calling dean a pervert, it's just an exaggeration that me and my sister use when we are exasperated with his ways sometimes. we even sometimes say we hate him and call him stupid but we don't mean an ounce of it. it's just how we are with each other and others as well.

Okay. Well it didn't seem like you were joking about. And since we aren't there when you are watching with your sister, we can't possibly know that you are joking. So I'm sure you can understand our replies.

As to bringing up Sam, I brought him up as a point of reference as to what constitutes a lot of sex and flirtatious behavior.  Dean flirts. That's his way. Dean looks at attractive women. Women and men look at Dean because he's attractive. It's not a sign of being sex crazed.

Just now, DittyDotDot said:

No, If you read the first post in the thread, I was saying when Dean was lusting after the teenager it skeeved me out--not with the computer, but after the apple bobbing incident when he's watching her ass and such. Then he had some comments on which cheerleaders were legal too that I found borderline gross. I never said Dean was a pervert, but he's a 30 year old man and was lusting after what he thought was a 16-year-old girl--this was before he knew she was a centuries-old witch.

She was replying to iju, I'm pretty sure. Maybe the quotey thing is being weird.

10 minutes ago, Iju said:

well i wouldn't really know since it's a very hushed up thing and i have have two brothers and a father and none of them act like dean. just different upbringing i guess.

Different upbringing possibly. But being hushed up doesn't mean it isn't happening. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

She was replying to iju, I'm pretty sure. Maybe the quotey thing is being weird.

Iju's comment was replying to my original comment.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Iju's comment was replying to my original comment.

I guess I'm lost then because Gonzo's quoted iju and replied to them. I guess to me if she was replying to you she would have quoted you? But I shouldn't speak for Gonzo.  So I'll just bow out. :)

Edited by catrox14

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I brought up Sam because of this statement that you made:

yeah and i figured sam is the "normal sex" guy and dean is a little more "wild" i guess. just because i give a side eye at my siblings who constantly talk about pizza (true story) doesn't change that i like it, they just like it a bit more that's all. 

4 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Okay. Well it didn't seem like you were joking about. And since we aren't there when you are watching with your sister, we can't possibly know that you are joking. So I'm sure you can understand our replies.

As to bringing up Sam, I brought him up as a point of reference as to what constitutes a lot of sex and flirtatious behavior.  Dean flirts. That's his way. Dean looks at attractive women. Women and men look at Dean because he's attractive. It's not a sign of being sex crazed.

She was replying to iju, I'm pretty sure. Maybe the quotey thing is being weird.

for one thing i didn't even know people bothered to read my comments from seasons so long ago (sorry about that) and secondly i didn't know that pervert had such a strong meaning to it because again, it's a word me and my siblings throw around all day, every day. sex craze falls under the same thing. now that i'm getting all these reactions it's making me think back and there are tons of words we throw around at ease...hm...we don't go out much ._.

14 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

No, If you read the first post in the thread, I was saying when Dean was lusting after the teenager it skeeved me out--not with the computer, but after the apple bobbing incident when he's watching her ass and such. Then he had some comments on which cheerleaders were legal too that I found borderline gross. I never said Dean was a pervert, but he's a 30 year old man and was lusting after what he thought was a 16-year-old girl--this was before he knew she was a centuries-old witch.

At the time I said the comment--four or five years ago--there were multiple cases of 13- to 14-year-old girls being tossed around a group of 30-to 40-year-old men and then being dropped when they became of legal age in this supposedly forward-thinking and idyllic little community I live in. I knew a few of the girls and their stories were very sad and I remember being pissed off at local men and women--educated men and women--sitting around coffee shops blaming these little girls and saying it was all just natural harmless fun. What were these men supposed to do, those girls were just trash. 

Anyway, I know the show wasn't saying Dean would actually have sex with a teenage girl, they were just making a joke. It just hit a little too close to home so I commented on how I just didn't find it funny.

oh i'm sorry, i had to run out to make lunch for a moment and my mother and sister didn't pause, so i didn't see that scene. so i'm sorry about that and sorry about your situation.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Iju said:

yeah and i figured sam is the "normal sex" guy and dean is a little more "wild" i guess.

Heh. I can't wait for you to get further into this season :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Pervert is a pretty strong word that implies some pretty negative things about someone. Sex craze is a little less bothersome but both are loaded words.

I'm confused by your comment about us reading comments from you from seasons ago? I'm talking about the comments you are making now. I had the impression you were new to the show.  Sorry if I got that wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

I guess I'm lost then because Gonzo's quoted iju and replied to them. I guess to me if she was replying to you she would have quoted you? But I shouldn't speak for Gonzo.  So I'll just bow out. :)

I realize Gonzo was replying to someone else, not me. Iju's comment was replying to my original comment. Gonzo asked a question and I felt like I needed to clarify my original comment.  So, I clarified. I guess I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to respond to anyone who wasn't directly quoting me? 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I realize Gonzo was replying to someone else, not me. Iju's comment was replying to my original comment. Gonzo asked a question and I felt like I needed to clarify my original comment.  So, I clarified. I guess I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to respond to anyone who wasn't directly quoting me? 

Whoooaaaa. I just thought there was something else with the quoting or who was saying what exactly.  It's not an issue and that's why I said I was bowing out. Dang. Sorry for leaving you with the impression you can't respond. Wasn't my intention at all. And it's certainly not what I think. 

ETA: I had thought I was quoting iju and I somehow ended up quoting gonzo but it was iju' comment, so I thought maybe something like that was happening.

Edited by catrox14
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Pervert is a pretty strong word that implies some pretty negative things about someone. Sex craze is a little less bothersome but both are loaded words.

I'm confused by your comment about us reading comments from you from seasons ago? I'm talking about the comments you are making now. I had the impression you were new to the show.  Sorry if I got that wrong.

well we also watch anime that throws around the word so often so the power of the word is less than lukewarm for us at this point lol. sorry about that.

what i meant is that i thought no-one would check out comments from a an (really old) old season so i wasn't really thinking of thoroughly explaining myself. i always give half cryptic posts like this on threads that are more than a year old. i AM new to the show, sorry if i messed that up :x

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Iju said:

what i meant is that i thought no-one would check out comments from a an (really old) old season so i wasn't really thinking of thoroughly explaining myself. i always give half cryptic posts like this on threads that are more than a year old. i AM new to the show, sorry if i messed that up :x

Oh no. We check out new comments pretty quickly. It's interesting to read newbies comments. I was just confused by how you worded that part about past seasons.  Thanks for clarifying :)

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Heh. I can't wait for you to get further into this season :)

omg! what's THAT supposed to mean....??

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh no. We check out new comments pretty quickly. It's interesting to read newbies comments. I was just confused by how you worded that part about past seasons.  Thanks for clarifying :)

yeah sure, no problem^^

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Iju said:

omg! what's THAT supposed to mean....??

No spoilers! Just wait and see; won't be long :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

No spoilers! Just wait and see; won't be long :)

now i have to binge the show even more...>:)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Iju said:

well we also watch anime that throws around the word so often so the power of the word is less than lukewarm for us at this point lol. sorry about that.

what i meant is that i thought no-one would check out comments from a an (really old) old season so i wasn't really thinking of thoroughly explaining myself. i always give half cryptic posts like this on threads that are more than a year old. i AM new to the show, sorry if i messed that up :x

Maybe go up to the next guy you see in public and call him a pervert, see how innocuous a word it really is. LOL.

Pro tip: This is a really active board about a show with really passionate fans. It's safe to assume that all comments are going to be read, most are going to get a response, especially if they are involving the brothers or Cas, and almost definitely if they are comparing them. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe go up to the next guy you see in public and call him a pervert, see how innocuous a word it really is. LOL.

Pro tip: This is a really active board about a show with really passionate fans. It's safe to assume that all comments are going to be read, most are going to get a response, especially if they are involving the brothers or Cas, and almost definitely if they are comparing them. :)

that's why we say it around each other, we aren't that anti social to call people random words, give us some faith already D:

i thought i would hate cas but he's pretty okay, and he's not even on good terms with the brothers yet :P

Share this post


Link to post

oh yes and i forgot to add, since this episode is on halloween, i don't know if it's for continuity or just because it's supernatural and it would be illegal to not make a halloween ep with type of show, but didn't sam and dean reunite on halloween night as well? so i thought that was cool. so they've been on the road a year or two now i assume.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/24/2017 at 7:50 PM, DeeDee79 said:

I have a question. Sam stated that he wanted to use his powers because most of the victims survived while they didn't when they used the knife. If that was the case, why didn't he use the knife on Samhain? The teacher was dead and the body was only being inhabited by the demon. He was able to hold his own during hand to hand so why didn't he kill him with the knife instead of using his powers? I didn't catch this the first time that I watched but I'm interested in hearing if anyone else thought of that.

2 years later . . . he did try to use the knife. He cut the guy in the arm and the knife got thrown across the room. I am sure this has been bothering you all that time. Lol.

I had to skim some of these comments because spoilers! So, sorry for any repetitiveness. 

I want to take a moment to talk about the most unbelievable, least plausible moment I have ever seen on the show. Zombies, vampires, ghosts? Sure. Children actually wearing their masks on Halloween? As the mother of a 6 year old, I can attest to this being impossible. 😆

I loved the double twist on the witch's identity. The use of the urban legends was also great and horrifying. And Dean's candy addiction (hey Dean, you owe Baby an apology. Maybe don't fat shame the kid for eating candy when you ate it all. Lol). 

The moment where poor Sam went all fan boy only to be crushed was so sad. He looked so devastated. I still think the angels are not so far from the demons in the trustworthiness department. Given the orders, you have two brothers who are sort of set up as opposing leaders. Dean as leader of the angels, Sam as leader of the demons. All very biblical. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Companion said:

The moment where poor Sam went all fan boy only to be crushed was so sad.

Considering where his powers come from and that he was meeting an angel who knows what he's been up to he honestly should have expected for them to be less than thrilled to meet him.

1 hour ago, The Companion said:

2 years later . . . he did try to use the knife. He cut the guy in the arm and the knife got thrown across the room. I am sure this has been bothering you all that time. Lol.

When it comes to this season I've heard all sorts of reasons and rationalizations for Sam during this season. It's not one that I rewatch though it's a favorite of many here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Considering where his powers come from and that he was meeting an angel who knows what he's been up to he honestly should have expected for them to be less than thrilled to meet him.

When it comes to this season I've heard all sorts of reasons and rationalizations for Sam during this season. It's not one that I rewatch though it's a favorite of many here.

It's my first watch, so I am excited to see where it goes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, The Companion said:

It's my first watch, so I am excited to see where it goes.

Enjoy! It's definitely not a boring season to say the least!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size