Type keyword(s) to search

S08.10: The Parent Trap

• Start Topic

Danielle's out-of-this-world behavior has Paige ready to blast off; Amanda considers a career outside of Loverboy; during a visit to the Jersey shore, Carl receives some surprising tough love from his parents.

• Like 2
(edited)

Huge side eye at Danielle once again being uber competitive with a woman of color. Ciara, Jordan (Winter House) and now Gabby. Plus, of course Gabby's sensitive, her longterm boyfriend cheated on her with Danielle. 

Finally, I'm with Paige, Founder & CEO of what exactly? 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 12

Kyle to Paige: your room is so big it's clean. So true it was funny!

Plus - I want to go to an Alien Party - especially one with an obviously enforced 11 PM Noise Ordinance LOL...

• Like 7
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Huge side eye at Danielle once again being uber competitive with a woman of color. Ciara, Jordan (Winter House) and now Gabby. Plus, of course Gabby's sensitive, her longterm boyfriend cheated on her with Danielle. 

Finally, I'm with Paige, Founder & CEO of what exactly? 

It's like she's trying to prove something to herself but the only thing she's proving is how easy she is.  Of course a guy is going to go with you if you put it out there that you want sex.  They'll go with the one who is the least work to bed down.  But when it comes to a lasting relationship...she's not it. Winter House guy proved that and the guy from Southern Hospitality.  They dropped her like hot garbage after they got what they wanted.  Danielle is trying so hard to make it seem she just wants sex and fun but she's not fooling me.  That girl is hurting inside and she's self medicating on sex with random guys.  That's my opinion anyway.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3

Carl's stepfather  hit the nail on the head, I liked him. 

I think Amanda, having  something  else outside  of loverboy, will help their  relationship. 

I felt sorry  for Gabby, but if that's her friend,  she doesn't  need enemies 

• Like 10
(edited)

Danielle, what is there to say about her?  Something is definitely wrong with that girl.  She was unhinged last season.  No better this one.  So two faced - in her morning conversation with Gabby, she says that the girls told her Gabby was crying - last night she couldn't care less, this morning she wants to hug Gabby.  

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Danielle, what is there to say about her?  Something is definitely wrong with that girl.  She was unhinged last season.  No better this one.  So two faced - in her morning conversation with Gabby, she says that the girls told her Gabby was crying - last night she couldn't care less, this morning she wants to hug Gabby.  

Given that this all went down at a party with LOTS of alcohol, which we know from history, no one on this show other than Carl can handle, in the light of day and with the fog of hangover lifted, Danielle did what I would expect.  She didn’t blame alcohol of course, but she did try to make right with Gabby in the light of day.

Doesn’t excuse the behavior, but puts a light on it.

• Like 3

Carl came into the summer knowing he didn’t want to get married, but masterfully calculated how to make it look like it’s all Lindsay’s fault and that he’s afraid of her. It’s pathetic. It all feels very inauthentic and Carl acting so innocent in his part in their relationship is bullshit. They are clearly not suited for each other, especially since he’s sober and she’s not. He doesn’t seem to me to be the type who wants to be married. 

Carl’s parents weren’t wrong in their opinions (except for the abusive part), especially since it sounds like he’s been talking to them for months how he has been doubting marriage. But it felt like Carl produced it, like okay guys, let’s talk about how I don’t want to get married, but I’m going to pretend to be conflicted about what I should do.

Yes, we know you hate conflict, but damn Carl, just be a man and end it. By the way, does Carl have a biological dad in the picture? I can’t remember. Either way, I don’t have sympathy for either Carl or Lindsay. But Carl is being shady as shit.

Way for Amanda to turn the situation with Danielle and Gabby make it about her.  

I’m enjoying Gabby more this year, she is loosening up. And good choice on not fighting for the water balloon guy. I’m interested to see if they’ll bring up on the reunion why Ciara doesn’t like Gabby. I love all the girls getting along, but Paige’s comment to Danielle about going to talk to “your friend” made me wince. I think Gabby is a stronger person than Danielle so won’t take Lindsay’s shit without being unhinged like Danielle.

Paige is often the voice of reason and she always looks so great that I almost hate her. But I can’t believe she actually agreed to film in Old Navy though lol

Less of Kyle and Amanda’s dysfunctional marriage was much appreciated.

Does Danielle not watch herself back on any of these shows and see how she’s coming across, ie, desperate and embarrassing. Didn’t need to see her getting naked either. Would she have been into him if she didn’t think in her mind it was a competition with Gabby? 

The reunion should be so great, they’re filming next week I think.

• Like 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

Carl came into the summer knowing he didn’t want to get married, but masterfully calculated how to make it look like it’s all Lindsay’s fault and that he’s afraid of her.

I agree that Carl came into the Summer with doubts but I don't see how he made Lindsay act the way she did. He certainly didn't force her to get drunk & belligerent, call him Cocaine Carl, tell everyone how much the sex sucks and emasculate him for nothing a having a job (when she doesn't either).

They both expressed concerns with the state of their relationship, he just said his aloud to his Mom/Step Dad. She was seemingly so hellbent on getting married, she choose to ignore the warning signs and pretend (when not drunk) that all was ok.

It didn't work out for them and they both had a hand in why. Instead of acting like a victim, Lindsay needs to own her part of it and be thankful that he had to guts to end it before it cost them both a ton of time/money.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

Carl came into the summer knowing he didn’t want to get married, but masterfully calculated how to make it look like it’s all Lindsay’s fault and that he’s afraid of her. It’s pathetic. It all feels very inauthentic and Carl acting so innocent in his part in their relationship is bullshit. 

Yea, I'm starting to see this, too. It's like he's doing what Sandoval tried to do last season on VPR but it's working lol. And that's probably because Lindsay is actually kinda awful.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 8
7 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

Carl came into the summer knowing he didn’t want to get married, but masterfully calculated how to make it look like it’s all Lindsay’s fault and that he’s afraid of her. It’s pathetic. It all feels very inauthentic and Carl acting so innocent in his part in their relationship is bullshit. They are clearly not suited for each other, especially since he’s sober and she’s not. He doesn’t seem to me to be the type who wants to be married. 

Carl’s parents weren’t wrong in their opinions (except for the abusive part), especially since it sounds like he’s been talking to them for months how he has been doubting marriage. But it felt like Carl produced it, like okay guys, let’s talk about how I don’t want to get married, but I’m going to pretend to be conflicted about what I should do.

Yes, we know you hate conflict, but damn Carl, just be a man and end it. By the way, does Carl have a biological dad in the picture? I can’t remember. Either way, I don’t have sympathy for either Carl or Lindsay. But Carl is being shady as shit.

Most of the internet is in agreement with this. The thing is...Lindsay is just as calculated as Carl. Starting fights, citing Scandoval and essentially telling Carl who he is at his core is a turn-off for her? She may want out of the wedding more than Carl does. 

I maintain there's a reason Carl, Lindsay and Danielle gravitated towards each other. All three are dishonest with themselves and a bit mean.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Did anyone else find Danielle's hookup with the balloon guy uncomfortable to watch?

To be clear, I'm not at all judgmental of casual hookups (hey, I was single in my 20's too!) and I've been watching reality TV for long enough that I've seen a lot of shit go down. If it's consensual, no issues here!

That said, watching Danielle "seduce" and boink the balloon guy almost made physically uncomfortable. I found it incredibly awkward and difficult to watch, and I don't fully understand why. Maybe because I find Danielle cringey and awkward to watch in general, and I don't know if that's because she's generally uncomfortable in her own skin or if she's still uncomfortable being on TV after all of these years. But it just didn't seem...organic. It seemed performative and stilted.

I kept having to pause it and hide behind my hands. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
28 minutes ago, ladle said:

Did anyone else find Danielle's hookup with the balloon guy uncomfortable to watch?

SO MUCH YES! This was so beyond cringey and if Danielle were nicer, I'd almost feel bad for her. Almost. 

• Like 10
8 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

SO MUCH YES! This was so beyond cringey and if Danielle were nicer, I'd almost feel bad for her. Almost. 

Okay, whew. 

On 4/27/2024 at 12:31 PM, IntrovertRed said:

Does Danielle not watch herself back on any of these shows and see how she’s coming across, ie, desperate and embarrassing. Didn’t need to see her getting naked either. Would she have been into him if she didn’t think in her mind it was a competition with Gabby? 

Yeah, I think you've pinpointed what made this so uncomfortable to watch, for me. It did seem to reek of desperation/need for validation/performativity rather than the desire to have a good time.

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, ladle said:

Okay, whew. 

Yeah, I think you've pinpointed what made this so uncomfortable to watch, for me. It did seem to reek of desperation/need for validation/performativity rather than the desire to have a good time.

Count me in on this ⬆️ A confident woman would know how to work her sexuality.  She should have him eating out of the palm of her hand, not just tossing your cookies to whomever.  She is in an imaginary war with every woman in this house.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

That's a loud yes from me as well. Part of the reason for the cringe was that there was no prelude, no seduction, no real flirtation. She undressed herself while he was across the room barely paying attention. I half expected her to just bend over and lift up her skirt. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, ladle said:

To be clear, I'm not at all judgmental of casual hookups (hey, I was single in my 20's too!) and I've been watching reality TV for long enough that I've seen a lot of shit go down. If it's consensual, no issues here!

That said, watching Danielle "seduce" and boink the balloon guy almost made physically uncomfortable. I found it incredibly awkward and difficult to watch, and I don't fully understand why. Maybe because I find Danielle cringey and awkward to watch in general, and I don't know if that's because she's generally uncomfortable in her own skin or if she's still uncomfortable being on TV after all of these years. But it just didn't seem...organic. It seemed performative and stilted.

I did too. As uncomfortable as her hookup on Winter House. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I think since Danielle quit her regular job to become an "app developer", she has made being on a reality show her full-time job, and she thinks that to keep that job, she's got to do crazy stuff. I also think her hook-ups with Alex on Winter House and Southern Hospitality dude, are her weak attempts to parlaying a relationship for herself like Craig and Paige, where she can be on two Bravo shows, but Craig and Paige actually love and respect one another and themselves. I also think Carl and Lindsey being in a relationship is causing her some insecurity as well. I wonder if she'll be more calm now that they've broken up. 

• Like 3

I am with all of you who cringe at Danielle's behavior. As a lot of you have said, it is cringey because it feels inauthentic. She is doing all these things that are not really her and it shows because it doesn't look like she is comfortable in her own skin. 

And for the hookup, why not put something over the camera? Even f-boy extraordinaire Jesse Solomon had the decency to do that. 

As for Carl and Lindsay, yes, Carl is completely setting this all up. His weakness as a human (sobriety notwithstanding - I know it takes strength to do that) never ceases to amaze me. He is the king of passive aggressive. That said, Lindsay is so awful that it was a very easy thing to do to make her look bad. And her assertions that she was blindsided by the breakup are just utterly unbelievable. But his actions in doing it on camera are pretty gross too. Maybe she wasn't surprised so much at the breakup but was surprised he hauled in a camera crew to do it. 

• Like 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I am with all of you who cringe at Danielle's behavior. As a lot of you have said, it is cringey because it feels inauthentic. She is doing all these things that are not really her and it shows because it doesn't look like she is comfortable in her own skin. 

And for the hookup, why not put something over the camera? Even f-boy extraordinaire Jesse Solomon had the decency to do that. 

As for Carl and Lindsay, yes, Carl is completely setting this all up. His weakness as a human (sobriety notwithstanding - I know it takes strength to do that) never ceases to amaze me. He is the king of passive aggressive. That said, Lindsay is so awful that it was a very easy thing to do to make her look bad. And her assertions that she was blindsided by the breakup are just utterly unbelievable. But his actions in doing it on camera are pretty gross too. Maybe she wasn't surprised so much at the breakup but was surprised he hauled in a camera crew to do it. 

This hookup was inauthentic, but the one on Winter House was not, awkward, or not. I think she liked the guy, and was upset. 

And since you mentioned Jesse Solomon, it was great we saw so little of him during this episode. 

I see that a few people agree that Carl was probably setting it up to prepare people/viewers for the breakup, and that it was (mostly) Lindsey's fault. But she was not ready either to get married although she ignored the signs.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2